The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Lennings - City of Natchez, Morgan Town - Samantha

"Posez votre arme, et aller sur le terrain!" His voice quickly raised, pointing at her once more before pointing at the ground. He was beginning to become more aggressive, demanding even. John was playing this card for his own safety, yet she was not giving him the answer he wanted. "Vous êtes américain? Oui?" He was breathing deeply, the gun held tightly in one hand, with his other hand still pointing at her. He made slow movements with his hand, again, to her, to the gun, then to the floor. "Par terre. Lâchez votre arme. Mains sur la tête." He spoke much calmer again, his eyes staring into hers. "Hands. Head. Gun. Down. You. Down." He said. He knew the English language perfectly, but he wanted to play dumb with her, maybe she'd give him answers, willingly through ignorance.

Samantha - Natchez - John Lennings

"American? Yes! Yes, I'm American. Please I don't want to hurt you. Please don't shoot me, sir." Samantha tried to feign the fear in her voice, but in reality she really was scared. She was only trying to fool herself.

The moment that the man told her to get on the ground, Sam's heart sunk as her mind went back in time and brought up memories that she tried so hard to repress. For a second, she wanted to cry out of pure frustration that this was happening to her again. "O..okay. I'll get down." The young woman set the safety on and began to get down slowly, biting her bottom lip to not say something stupid.

Once she was on the ground, Sam slid the pistol away from her, but made sure not to push it too far. "Please don't hurt me. I'm just trying to find my sister. Please."

@ResistingTheEnlightened

[BCOLOR=#000000]
John Lennings - City of Natchez, Morgan Town - Samantha​
[/BCOLOR]

He began moving forward as Samantha got down. Both hands thus went onto the pistol, then grabbed hers and put it into his holster. "Mains sur la tête. Restez immobile. Avez-vous des ID?" He asked, immediately getting ontop of her, his knee placed firmly on the base of her neck as his hand held the pistol firmly onto her head. He used his other hand, searching around for some sort of identification, whether it be an old drivers licence or college ID. "Calmez-vous. Ne bougez pas. Je ne vais pas vous faire de mal." His voice was trying to act calm and soothing as to not get her to jump. While having to go through her back pocket might have been invasive, he needed to be sure as to who she was before letting her go. "Qui est votre sœur?" He went deep into her back pocket, removing her wallet as he examined it, opening the pocket as to view the containments before looking at the ID. "Samantha. Samantha..Watson. Nice name. I don't want to hurt you, yet I want to help. My name is Master Corporal Lennings, Canadian Army. Where was the FELA camp that was here?" He asked with the moderate French Canadian accent whenever he spoke English. He was intent on getting answers.

Samantha - Natchez - John Lennings

Sam's eyes widened as she saw the man take her gun away, anger now mixing in with the fear. "Hey! Leave my gun alone!" She was cut short as the man placed his knee on her neck, causing her to begin to panic. She began to struggle but stopped when she felt the barrel of the gun touch her head.

When he began to pat her down, searching for god knows what, she began to tear up. She felt weak and useless. Vulnerable all over again like the time her and Scarlett were taken by the thugs back in the outskirts of Baton Rouge. "Please sir, I don't understand what you're saying.... I don't have anything else on me." She heard him say ID but it didn't register with her that he wanted identification. At the moment, she was just focused on getting him off of her and getting as far from him as possible. The corner that she had rounded was just a few steps away. If only she could get him off, she could make a run for it. Leave the gun. Her life was more important.

As the man began patting lower, Sam became resilient once again, shouting at him to not touch her, but the man was on a mission at the moment. The tears streamed down her face but her voice was filled with anger. Luckily, the man was only after her wallet, and let her go as soon as he had gotten it out. The young woman stood up quickly, not bothering to fix her hair or wipe off the dirt and tears off of her face. She took a couple of steps back to put some distance in between them, and once he began to speak english, Sam nearly shrieked.

"I.... I don't know what camp that is." The tears still rolled down her face but now they were because she was angry that she couldn't do anything. "I just came from Baton Rouge.... I'm just looking for my sister. May I please go now?"

Tyler - Morgantown Gates - Riley/Scarlett/Liam

The congregation of people followed Joe and the other scouts in relative silence. Most were too exhausted to say much at all, while the others felt it wasn't appropriate to say anything considering the circumstances. The children awkwardly hung to to the adults, particularly KK and Becca, leaving Liam and Katie looking a bit out of place while they hung around Scarlett. Tyler wasn't sure if this was the right thing to be doing, or if he was trying to mask his selfishness by dragging all these kids along. Katie not only needed a place where she could feel secure, but she needed people her age to live with. He had no interest in stopping his efforts in trying to teach Katie how to use a gun, but he didn't feel forcing her on the road with a group of adults would be any good for her in the long run.

One of the scouts-- Stacey, Tyler picked up-- spoke with Riley candidly, seemingly unconcerned with the group of strangers following behind her. However, the small furtive glances thrown behind her betrayed her tone of voice, and it was obvious she was not as cool about this as she wanted to seem. "You need to share with me when we get back," she was saying, placing a playful hand on Riley's shoulder. "I've been up on the roof all goddamn day, dude. I'm starving here. Not sure how Carley manages to go with reduced rations... something tells me something weird is going on there, you know? Like, I don't know, you think she's doing that to be skinnier or something? Kind of fucked up, if you get me."

The conversation died down soon enough when Stacey realized she was the only one really bothering to talk. The remainder of the walk was spent in silence, the anticipation of reaching this waiting community dawning on the group. Tyler expected some kind of clustered complex of buildings like a storage facility of some kind. He wasn't used to people building communities out of anything else, so when the school came into view, surrounded by a fence and armed survivors, his mouth dropped in awe a bit. He'd never really considered using a school for such a purpose, but he had to admit seemed like a sound idea. With only one building, it would be easy to secure from wandering walkers and prying eyes. It sounded decent in practice, but Tyler had no idea what to expect from the people waiting inside.

Joe took the group around to a front gate before heading inside with Stacey and Riley. Tyler was the first to try and follow them, but a trio of guards stepped in to block his path. "You stay here," said one of them, a female. "Nathan and Claiborne will be here to see you guys in a moment." Tyler found himself glaring at them, even though he really hadn't expected to be allowed to just waltz on in.

"Are you serious?!" Ryder suddenly snapped, prompting Tyler to flip around to look at him. He was holding Shan close to his chest, the girl looking like she had passed out in his arms. Ryder's face was red with strain, the oxygen tank meant for Shan now strapped to his back. "You need to take her now. She needs to lay down!" Ryder looked like he would have stomped up to the guards if he was in a position to do so, but he could only yell from where he stood. "Please!"

Tyler turned back to the guards, looking almost unconcerned. "You heard the kid. Do something about this."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Wolverbells @Rithas @Akashi @-QT-

Floyd and Abram - Natchez - Samantha/John

Out of the shadows, Floyd came rushing from behind and tackled the corporal. Both men went to the ground and lost their weapons as the jetted out of their grasp. Abram also came out of hiding and rushed to aid Samantha. His large physique made Samantha look smaller than she was. The soldier began to move her back as Floyd started to throw wide blows. Inexperienced in fighting, Floyd was basically brawling with a trained warrior.

In the meantime, Abram inspected Samantha to make sure she hadn't been harmed.

"Are you okay?" he asked her, quickly turning back to Floyd and the Corporal after she answered. He quickly ran to Floyd's aid who continued to randomly throw his fists. Abram aimed his rifle at the soldier but was difficult to get a shot when they were both on the ground fighting.

"Floyd, stand down!" Abram called out, but Floyd wouldn't listen - he just continued to furiously strike his opponent. The whole situation was becoming disorganized. Before attacking, the two men had heard Samantha's screams and knew she was in trouble. That's the reason they cautiously made their way to her without being noticed. But at this point, Floyd had become an animal - showing the same kind of ferocity Hank had been displaying. It was as though Floyd fed off Hank's emotions and exploded right before them.

It came to a point that Floyd wouldn't stop, even though it seemingly appeared he started losing the fight. Swiftly, Abram bull-rushed forward and pushed his own ally out of the way, forcing Floyd to fall on his back. Abram then shifted his weight and aimed his rifle once again at the Corporal. His military training obvious in the way he moved. It was second nature to the man.

"Do not force me to shoot," Abram requested earnestly. He wasn't a man of violence and didn't want to move in that direction like the others. He wanted a peaceful interaction, but understood that sometimes the trigger finger was a necessity. Behind him, Floyd slowly returned to his feet, fixing his coat and bending to pick up the weapons the two men had lost in their short battle. He proceeded to move towards Samantha, keeping his eyes on John.

"You alright?" he asked her in a very soft tone, but his voice remained rough. On the other side of the spectrum, Abram lowered his weapon a little after noticing the man's attire.

"Who are you?" he questioned the man, hoping he was a soldier and not some kind of thief who stole a hero's uniform. But in reality, he could lie and Abram would never truly know. Right now he was going off what he could see and the content of the man's upcoming answer. If he didn't like what he is going to hear, he may not be as passive. One thing was certain, Abram respected the uniform and would not take a poser lightly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Tyler and Co.

Being radioed by one of the guards, Claiborne walked towards his open window - coffee mug in hand - and looked down towards the front gates. He noticed guards closing the gates behind a small group of people - obviously some of the people from earlier, but obviously not all. This was odd to Claiborne. Why wasn't everybody there?

Anyhow, the guards also informed everyone with a radio that a medic was needed down at the entry as well. There was apparently a survivor in critical condition. Claiborne was smart enough to know that Nathan was with Alannah, so both of them heard the same announcement. With that in mind, he placed his coffee mug down on his Eiffel tower engraved coaster and started out of his office. He looked in his coat pocket for a cigar and only had one remaining - which urged him to make sure and ask for some on the next scavenge.

After about two minutes, Claiborne walked through the front doors of the school - exiting the building to meet the newcomers outside. He fixed his hat to block the sun and resumed to place his hands in his pockets. Always, Claiborne hid his small revolver on the back of his belt. Because of his long wool coat, nobody could ever see it. Even the community believed he was unarmed.

"Y'all shut er' down down," Claiborne said, signaling the guards to put down their weapons. He heard the door behind him to see Nathan also exiting the school - he didn't look one hundred percent. Despite this, Claiborne continued moving forward towards the group, stopping once he got close enough for them to hear him speak without having to raise his voice.

"This her?" he asked one of the guards, wondering if that was the person in 'critical condition'. Of course the guard answered 'yes'.

"Our medic is comin'. Hold on child, she's on her way," Claiborne stated, still hands to pockets and eyes looking at all the faces. He looked at everyone, one by one, noticing their desperation and their defeated features. They were all sweating and dirt-filled. Each one had a look in their eye that distinguished them from one another.

"You, what's your name?" Claiborne asked Tyler. He was the one upfront and obviously the leader of the group. The leader leads, and that's just where he lay. Before he could answer, Clay turned to the guards.

"Were they checked?" he asked. The guards looked at one another, their questioned appearance revealing they had not patted down the newcomers.

"Check them," the order came. Slowly the guards explained that they would have to strip the group of any weapons and needed cooperation in order to provide sanctuary. It was also explained that if any of them did not collaborate peacefully, the penalty could consist of hostility. By this time, Nathan had joined, as did Alannah and other medics.

"Please take this young lady to the clinic." After giving that order, he gestured Nathan to give his personal introduction and add whatever he wanted. Claiborne would continue to speak afterwards.

Reactions: Atomyk
MWdX6SS.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson

Morgantown Community
With: Claiborne - Joe - Riley - Alannah - Tyler - Scarlett - Anyone

His expression was quite serious and was almost taken aback by the sudden news from Alannah, and her pregnancy. Nathan had to stay calm himself. There was a bigger responsibility now. He couldn't abandon her and the child that was to be. Several thoughts ran through his mind regarding how everything could unfold in the future, but for some reason, Nathan was feeling quite alright and almost tingly. This feeling was new to him, but at the same time he knew what it was. Alannah apologized but that was something he did not want to hear.

Nathan gazed at her with his hazel eyes, as he took a slight step back to give her room to look back at him, their eyes meeting. Showing quite the concern but also comfort in his eyes, he spoke up. "Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault, okay? You and I.. We just.. Couldn't help prevent this from happening. And you will not be dealing with this alone. I'll be by your side." He just couldn't see Alannah terrified and all teary.

He gently kissed her on the lips before the door was abruptly opened, interrupting them. Both Nathan and Alannah shifted their attention towards the door with Joe standing there. They were all silent for a moment. It was quite easy for Joe to see that something was at least off, especially with the concerned look on Nathan's face and Alannah's teary but red eyes. "No, nothings wrong.. All good here.." He smiled back, ever so slightly. It reminded him immediately about Joe and the fact that he told him to check himself up at the clinic due to the events outside.

"Would you.. Just give us a minute, Joe?.." He asked, and obviously Joe followed, by closing the door, leaving them two alone again. Nathan had to fight and survive for two now. He moved his right hand down to her belly and caressed it gently. A gentle smile on his face, as he gazed into Alannah's eyes. "I'm not going to let any harm come to you, and our baby.." He assured her, before giving her a kiss on the lips again.

Static was heard from the radio strapped to his hip. "Nathan!... Nathan!.. You there?.. We got some trouble out here.." He moved slightly to the side and took the radio up and close to his mouth, before responding. "I'm on my way..." He knew exactly what that meant. Some of the strangers must've tried getting inside, and was halted by the fenced gates. Looking back at Alannah again, he spoke up.

"Alright. I gotta go take care of this.. I'll have Joe come inside since I told him that you'll check up on him, to see if there aren't any apparent injuries, external or internal." Approaching her again, he gave her a kiss on the forehead. "We'll talk about this more when I'm back..." He added, before he almost exited the door. The same guard posted outside by the gates spoke up again, his name was Cage. "One more thing Nathan.. There seems to be a kid here strapped to an oxygen tank, and these people.. They are quite reluctant to get inside.. Seems like she needs immediate attention.. Might want to bring Alannah and a few others of the medics with ya.. Not sure.."

Stopped in his tracks, with his back turned against Alannah. He turned around. Alannah must've heard the voice on the radio. "Looks like we need you there... Why don't you get some supplies ready and meet us outside, yeah?... I'll go on ahead and let Joe know that he'll have to wait for his check up..." He smiled at her, before exiting the clinic room.

Noticing Joe outside, he spoke up. "Joe... You'll have to wait for your check up. Alannah will take a look at you later.. I need her for something else right now." Nathan uttered, with little to no emotion. He was going to be a father, and trouble was brewing in their community and outside. The strangers, the issue between Claiborne and Melanie. He had an even bigger reason to stay alive now. Walking down the hallway in quite the speed, people wondered what was going on. Picking up the radio again, he gave a simple answer. "I'm almost there.. Alannah will be there shortly as well.." A minute passed before he got outside.

He looked at the herd of unknown people, and the dead giveaway about who was perhaps in critical condition. The oxygen tank, the pale color. Yes, the kid needed help. Holding the radio in one hand, he walked past the guards, while giving them a quick glance. He could obviously see who the leader was in the unknown group. It was alot smaller than what he had anticipated. "Did they split?" He thought out loud, looking at Claiborne for a second.

Moments later only, Alannah appeared with a few other of the medics. As per Claiborne's suggestion, he added his input. "Make sure she's fine.." It was more of an order to the other medics beside Alannah. Nathan knew, despite the news and her pregnancy, she could handle it. Turning his attention back at at the unknown people, he made sure to remember each of the new faces before him.

Eventually, his eyes ended up on the assumed leader. "I'm Nathan of the Morgantown Community.." His hands were fisted and on his hips, before he nodded over to Claiborne. "That's Claiborne.." Before the strangers could respond he asked an obvious question. "Where is the rest of your group?.." It sounded like he was interrogating the man. They were strangers to him, he just couldn't trust them right off the bat.

"Where did you guys come from?.." Nathan was quite tall, bulky and had an athletic body. If anything his size was also intimidating in that very moment. His expression quite serious as his attention was all over the strangers.

@Atomyk @Wolverbells @-QT- @Josh M @AnyoneIMissed

Last edited:
Samantha – Natchez – Floyd/Abram/John

The Corporal had little time to respond to Sam. Within seconds of her asking if she could leave, the soldier was being tackled by Floyd, which caused Sam to jump back. She watched the two fall to the floor, her eyes wide in horror, fearing a horrible outcome for Floyd. She barely knew the man, and if anything happened to him, Sam would never be able to let it go. Luckily, Abram was there too.

Breathing a bit more easily, Sam nodded at his question, but got didn't get to say anything.
She was frozen in place as she witnessed Floyd taking out his anger, practically. He wouldn't stop, even when it seemed as if he didn't have the upper hand. Abram's words did little to affect the man, and even Sam attempted to call out his name, although her voice came out shaky.

It wasn't until Abram actually pulled Floyd away, that he stopped. For a second, she thought he would have gone at it again, but instead he made his way over. Sam reached out for the pistol that he had picked up. It was hers and she thanked the gods that it had fallen out of the holster.

Samantha looked up at Floyd when he spoke to her, her bottom lip pouting and trembling slightly. She had stopped crying but only because she hated seeming weak. "He… he touched…" She looked down to look at her body and shook her head, lifting her arm to wipe the drying tears away and proceeded to make sure her weapon had a round in the chamber. "I'm okay. Thank you." Her voice came out soft, barely a whisper, and she cleared her throat in an attempt to play off how she really felt. No doubt she would have her melt down at night, when no one would be there to see it. It's how she dealt with life now.

Alannah – Morgantown Community – Claiborne/Nathan/Tyler's group

Although Anna was still upset over the whole ordeal, she did feel slightly better now that she knew that Nathan would stay by her side. The worst was over, for now. Unfortunately she didn't have enough time to enjoy her peace and quiet with him. Joe soon came barging in the clinic, but Anna couldn't be mad at him. He did was he was told to do. It didn't matter though, because Nathan was called to the gates soon enough, then her name was said. "I'll be there." Before leaving, Anna made sure to take Joe's vital signs at least. The others would have to wait. "Everything seems fine. Go clean up, eat something, and I will personally come look for you when I've sorted everything out here." Anna looked up and Joe and patted his shoulder. She didn't have it in her to smile at the moment.

---------------------------------

It didn't take the medic too long to get outside. She was followed by her most trusted colleagues and people she had trained herself for months. Immediately, Anna could tell who needed the medical attention. She wasted little time after being given the command and sent the young woman, along with her companion, with two of guys back to the clinic.

After Nathan spoke, Anna walked up and interjected, looking at Clay with a caution. "May I?" A simple nod from the man was all Anna needed, and she went towards the small group. "My name is Alannah. I'm the main medic here." Her voice held a bit of nervousness but she continued, speaking as fluently as she could so her accent wouldn't stick out too much. "Please don't be alarmed. I'll be taking a few vital signs from some of you, and checking for any visible bites or scratches."

With a glance back at the two men, Anna took a deep breath and went to her first person, who must have been the leader. He didn't look as if he should have been walking, so he made the obvious first choice. "May I?" She didn't wait for a verbal response, going to work as soon as he made eye contact with her.

Scarlett – Morgantown Community gates – Tyler/Katie/Liam/Community leaders

After the groups had split, Scarlett had made sure to grab on to Liam and hold him close as they walked. She kept a hand wrapped around Tyler's arm and her other hand holding Liam's. She had thanked Joe as well, for being kind enough to take them back to his community. She just hoped that everyone there was as kind as he seemed to be.

Once they got to the school buildings, all thoughts of Samantha had vanished. She would deal with those later on. At the moment, she had to deal with the guards in front of them.

"Tyler, I don't know about this." Scarlett looked over at him and then down at the kids. She urged both Liam and Katie to stand behind them as they waited for whoever Nathan and Claiborne were.
It didn't take long for one of the two men to come out the door. He must have known something like this would occur. He didn't seem to be a violent man. He appeared unarmed, so he couldn't be too bad. At least that's what Scarlett hoped for.

"Check them."

"You're confiscating them?" Scarlett asked, looking past Claiborne and watching the other man walk out the doors of the building. She didn't exactly like the idea of having her weapons being taken away from them, but if it meant that they would get safety and a place to rest, then maybe it was for the best. Still, she handed her weapons away reluctantly before turning her attention to yet another voice. It was the medic. A young woman about Scarlett's own age. Maybe a few years older. She gave them a heads up about checking vital signs and for any type of bites, which made Scarlett feel better about the community.

After she had finished with Tyler, Alannah seemed to want to skip both Liam and Katie, having smiled at them but gone straight for Scarlett. "Um, hey." In order to not interrupt Nathan and Claiborne, Scarlett spoke quietly to Alannah. "My girl here. I think either her rib is broken or fractured. Could you look at it after this is over? Please?" Scarlett's pleading was sincere enough to have the medic accept. Instead of checking her, she kneeled down and smiled broadly at Katie. "Hi pretty girl. Do you mind if I just check how your heart is doing? I'm just going to put this on your chest and back. That's it." Alannah sounded sweet and caring, and Scarlett nodded to Katie, encouraging her to allow the medic to take a look.

Floyd and Abram - Natchez - Samantha/John

Out of the shadows, Floyd came rushing from behind and tackled the corporal. Both men went to the ground and lost their weapons as the jetted out of their grasp. Abram also came out of hiding and rushed to aid Samantha. His large physique made Samantha look smaller than she was. The soldier began to move her back as Floyd started to throw wide blows. Inexperienced in fighting, Floyd was basically brawling with a trained warrior.

In the meantime, Abram inspected Samantha to make sure she hadn't been harmed.

"Are you okay?" he asked her, quickly turning back to Floyd and the Corporal after she answered. He quickly ran to Floyd's aid who continued to randomly throw his fists. Abram aimed his rifle at the soldier but was difficult to get a shot when they were both on the ground fighting.

"Floyd, stand down!" Abram called out, but Floyd wouldn't listen - he just continued to furiously strike his opponent. The whole situation was becoming disorganized. Before attacking, the two men had heard Samantha's screams and knew she was in trouble. That's the reason they cautiously made their way to her without being noticed. But at this point, Floyd had become an animal - showing the same kind of ferocity Hank had been displaying. It was as though Floyd fed off Hank's emotions and exploded right before them.

It came to a point that Floyd wouldn't stop, even though it seemingly appeared he started losing the fight. Swiftly, Abram bull-rushed forward and pushed his own ally out of the way, forcing Floyd to fall on his back. Abram then shifted his weight and aimed his rifle once again at the Corporal. His military training obvious in the way he moved. It was second nature to the man.

"Do not force me to shoot," Abram requested earnestly. He wasn't a man of violence and didn't want to move in that direction like the others. He wanted a peaceful interaction, but understood that sometimes the trigger finger was a necessity. Behind him, Floyd slowly returned to his feet, fixing his coat and bending to pick up the weapons the two men had lost in their short battle. He proceeded to move towards Samantha, keeping his eyes on John.

"You alright?" he asked her in a very soft tone, but his voice remained rough. On the other side of the spectrum, Abram lowered his weapon a little after noticing the man's attire.

"Who are you?" he questioned the man, hoping he was a soldier and not some kind of thief who stole a hero's uniform. But in reality, he could lie and Abram would never truly know. Right now he was going off what he could see and the content of the man's upcoming answer. If he didn't like what he is going to hear, he may not be as passive. One thing was certain, Abram respected the uniform and would not take a poser lightly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown - Tyler and Co.

Being radioed by one of the guards, Claiborne walked towards his open window - coffee mug in hand - and looked down towards the front gates. He noticed guards closing the gates behind a small group of people - obviously some of the people from earlier, but obviously not all. This was odd to Claiborne. Why wasn't everybody there?

Anyhow, the guards also informed everyone with a radio that a medic was needed down at the entry as well. There was apparently a survivor in critical condition. Claiborne was smart enough to know that Nathan was with Alannah, so both of them heard the same announcement. With that in mind, he placed his coffee mug down on his Eiffel tower engraved coaster and started out of his office. He looked in his coat pocket for a cigar and only had one remaining - which urged him to make sure and ask for some on the next scavenge.

After about two minutes, Claiborne walked through the front doors of the school - exiting the building to meet the newcomers outside. He fixed his hat to block the sun and resumed to place his hands in his pockets. Always, Claiborne hid his small revolver on the back of his belt. Because of his long wool coat, nobody could ever see it. Even the community believed he was unarmed.

"Y'all shut er' down down," Claiborne said, signaling the guards to put down their weapons. He heard the door behind him to see Nathan also exiting the school - he didn't look one hundred percent. Despite this, Claiborne continued moving forward towards the group, stopping once he got close enough for them to hear him speak without having to raise his voice.

"This her?" he asked one of the guards, wondering if that was the person in 'critical condition'. Of course the guard answered 'yes'.

"Our medic is comin'. Hold on child, she's on her way," Claiborne stated, still hands to pockets and eyes looking at all the faces. He looked at everyone, one by one, noticing their desperation and their defeated features. They were all sweating and dirt-filled. Each one had a look in their eye that distinguished them from one another.

"You, what's your name?" Claiborne asked Tyler. He was the one upfront and obviously the leader of the group. The leader leads, and that's just where he lay. Before he could answer, Clay turned to the guards.

"Were they checked?" he asked. The guards looked at one another, their questioned appearance revealing they had not patted down the newcomers.

"Check them," the order came. Slowly the guards explained that they would have to strip the group of any weapons and needed cooperation in order to provide sanctuary. It was also explained that if any of them did not collaborate peacefully, the penalty could consist of hostility. By this time, Nathan had joined, as did Alannah and other medics.

"Please take this young lady to the clinic." After giving that order, he gestured Nathan to give his personal introduction and add whatever he wanted. Claiborne would continue to speak afterwards.
Samantha – Natchez – Floyd/Abram/John

The Corporal had little time to respond to Sam. Within seconds of her asking if she could leave, the soldier was being tackled by Floyd, which caused Sam to jump back. She watched the two fall to the floor, her eyes wide in horror, fearing a horrible outcome for Floyd. She barely knew the man, and if anything happened to him, Sam would never be able to let it go. Luckily, Abram was there too.

Breathing a bit more easily, Sam nodded at his question, but got didn't get to say anything.
She was frozen in place as she witnessed Floyd taking out his anger, practically. He wouldn't stop, even when it seemed as if he didn't have the upper hand. Abram's words did little to affect the man, and even Sam attempted to call out his name, although her voice came out shaky.

It wasn't until Abram actually pulled Floyd away, that he stopped. For a second, she thought he would have gone at it again, but instead he made his way over. Sam reached out for the pistol that he had picked up. It was hers and she thanked the gods that it had fallen out of the holster.

Samantha looked up at Floyd when he spoke to her, her bottom lip pouting and trembling slightly. She had stopped crying but only because she hated seeming weak. "He… he touched…" She looked down to look at her body and shook her head, lifting her arm to wipe the drying tears away and proceeded to make sure her weapon had a round in the chamber. "I'm okay. Thank you." Her voice came out soft, barely a whisper, and she cleared her throat in an attempt to play off how she really felt. No doubt she would have her melt down at night, when no one would be there to see it. It's how she dealt with life now.

Alannah – Morgantown Community – Claiborne/Nathan/Tyler's group

Although Anna was still upset over the whole ordeal, she did feel slightly better now that she knew that Nathan would stay by her side. The worst was over, for now. Unfortunately she didn't have enough time to enjoy her peace and quiet with him. Joe soon came barging in the clinic, but Anna couldn't be mad at him. He did was he was told to do. It didn't matter though, because Nathan was called to the gates soon enough, then her name was said. "I'll be there." Before leaving, Anna made sure to take Joe's vital signs at least. The others would have to wait. "Everything seems fine. Go clean up, eat something, and I will personally come look for you when I've sorted everything out here." Anna looked up and Joe and patted his shoulder. She didn't have it in her to smile at the moment.

---------------------------------

It didn't take the medic too long to get outside. She was followed by her most trusted colleagues and people she had trained herself for months. Immediately, Anna could tell who needed the medical attention. She wasted little time after being given the command and sent the young woman, along with her companion, with two of guys back to the clinic.

After Nathan spoke, Anna walked up and interjected, looking at Clay with a caution. "May I?" A simple nod from the man was all Anna needed, and she went towards the small group. "My name is Alannah. I'm the main medic here." Her voice held a bit of nervousness but she continued, speaking as fluently as she could so her accent wouldn't stick out too much. "Please don't be alarmed. I'll be taking a few vital signs from some of you, and checking for any visible bites or scratches."

With a glance back at the two men, Anna took a deep breath and went to her first person, who must have been the leader. He didn't look as if he should have been walking, so he made the obvious first choice. "May I?" She didn't wait for a verbal response, going to work as soon as he made eye contact with her.

Scarlett – Morgantown Community gates – Tyler/Katie/Liam/Community leaders

After the groups had split, Scarlett had made sure to grab on to Liam and hold him close as they walked. She kept a hand wrapped around Tyler's arm and her other hand holding Liam's. She had thanked Joe as well, for being kind enough to take them back to his community. She just hoped that everyone there was as kind as he seemed to be.

Once they got to the school buildings, all thoughts of Samantha had vanished. She would deal with those later on. At the moment, she had to deal with the guards in front of them.

"Tyler, I don't know about this." Scarlett looked over at him and then down at the kids. She urged both Liam and Katie to stand behind them as they waited for whoever Nathan and Claiborne were.
It didn't take long for one of the two men to come out the door. He must have known something like this would occur. He didn't seem to be a violent man. He appeared unarmed, so he couldn't be too bad. At least that's what Scarlett hoped for.

"Check them."

"You're confiscating them?" Scarlett asked, looking past Claiborne and watching the other man walk out the doors of the building. She didn't exactly like the idea of having her weapons being taken away from them, but if it meant that they would get safety and a place to rest, then maybe it was for the best. Still, she handed her weapons away reluctantly before turning her attention to yet another voice. It was the medic. A young woman about Scarlett's own age. Maybe a few years older. She gave them a heads up about checking vital signs and for any type of bites, which made Scarlett feel better about the community.

After she had finished with Tyler, Alannah seemed to want to skip both Liam and Katie, having smiled at them but gone straight for Scarlett. "Um, hey." In order to not interrupt Nathan and Claiborne, Scarlett spoke quietly to Alannah. "My girl here. I think either her rib is broken or fractured. Could you look at it after this is over? Please?" Scarlett's pleading was sincere enough to have the medic accept. Instead of checking her, she kneeled down and smiled broadly at Katie. "Hi pretty girl. Do you mind if I just check how your heart is doing? I'm just going to put this on your chest and back. That's it." Alannah sounded sweet and caring, and Scarlett nodded to Katie, encouraging her to allow the medic to take a look.

Almost immediately after feeling the blow is when he came out. He came from his side, almost immediately, abruptly even, the pain in his knee beginninv to swell up once more. He didn't need to do this, but if it would be like this, it would have to be controlled like this. "Non! Arrêtez, ne rien faire! Je ne vais pas essayer de vous blesser!" He was in the same position as Basic Training. Somebody was on his back, but it was so long that even he was rusty in his skills. He placed his arms right in front of him, bobbing his head left and right, yet protecting his face. Albeit the pained knee, he was able to squirm around and cover himself.

As he bobbed, the hits kept coming, pounding on his arm, pounding on his arm. It would finally be a moment until he found his opening, his hand balling into a fist and giving a well placed shot onto his temple, effectively bringing him down atleast before he crossed his le over his, using his free one to push him off and gladly put John ontop of him. The blows were effective on Johns arm, weakening is arms before he placed his arm on his neck, his other hand balled into a fist and slammed his stomach. It was a control measure, rather than an act of aggression.

"Allez-vous arrêter!? Allez-vous respecter!?" He pressed his arm with his free hand as a control measure, staring deep into his eyes but when he was pushed off Floyd, he stared down the barrel of the gun. "Aller de l'avant. Fais le. Tuez-moi et y mettre fin."

Hearing the voice, he looked at Abrams. "Master Corporal Lennings, Armée canadienne, Numéro de série, 0098217." He began speaking up again, eyes focused on both men. "And you?" He asked Abrams.​

Last edited by a moderator:
After a moment or two, nothing was drawn to the knock Brian emitted. Forming a small smile, Brian looked to Lucky.

"Maybe were lucky, and no eaters are inside." chirped Brian to his black lab. His dog barked, it was a happy and slightly loud bark, Brian hoped nothing was alerted because of it. With his hand on the handle of the door, Brian looked to Lucky, then to his right side, expecting to find Simon. Simon wasn't there. Noticing a black tail slip pass a corner nearby, Brian took towards it, waving Lucky to follow.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Lia - Natchez, Morgantown - Becky

Fortunately for Lia, the blonde's hesitant question was met with no response. Instead, Becky continued rambling into her tape recorder. Lia rolled her eyes and continued walking along. Maybe if she got lucky, she could have Renegade snatch it up from her. But, when it came to Becky, Lia never really got lucky enough to get the girl to shut the large hole under her nose.

With her questions unanswered, Lia said nothing more to the young woman and continued onward. She left Morgantown and ventured into the outskirts of the town, tuning out whatever else her chatty companion spoke about, while she made certain she was traveling in the correct direction. Lia had placed Renegade in an old, broken down shed somewhere near a coffee shop. It was the type of place that was so little, useless, and devoid of any supplies that it was the perfect spot to keep him where he would left alone by any stragglers.

After a while of walking, being on guard, and expecting the worst as usual, Lia made it to the spot with Becky. Walking up to one of the ancient, rotting doors of the shed, Lia grabbed the rusty handle and gently pulled--making sure not to cut her hand on the old wood. Immediately upon opening the door, a shift in movement could be heard from inside the tiny area, followed by a low growl.

"It's me," Lia told her companion, a small grin tugging at her lips.

The growl immediately ceased and Renegade trotted out, ears straight up and tail wagging. He circled around Lia happily, nudging her leg with his nose.

"You look good as always," Lia commented, speaking to the dog as if he were a person. The animal affectionately fawned over Lia for only a moment or two before he became distracted. He lifted his nose into the air and began snuffing, taking off suddenly.

"What the-- Renegade?" Lia whistled. "Come back here," she softly called out, walking after Renegade. Ugh, what is he doing?! This isn't like him!

Forgetting about Becky near her, Lia took off after Rengade as he began to run faster. In truth, Renegade had caught a whiff of a cat nearby that belonged to someone, and the curious pup had never seen--or smelled--a cat before.

@TheColourlessRainbow @OrlandoBloomers

Tyler - Morgantown Gate - Clay/Nathan/Scarlett/Katie/Liam/Alannah

His arms folded, Tyler watched as one of the apparent leaders of the community made his way toward the gate. Tyler caught the man's gaze, remembering him as the one who'd slapped the girl back on the road. The scout named Stacey had called him Clay, hadn't she? He carried himself with an air of confidence and strength that reminded Tyler clearly of a man he used to know. His name escape Tyler in this moment, but he had a way with words that Tyler himself had never had. A natural leader stood before him, no doubt about that. It seemed odd then that a young girl would have any sort of authority with this man around. Certainly a peculiar aspect of the community, but an intriguing one nonetheless. Outpost had its council, but this seemed an entirely different set-up.

At the inquiry of his name, Tyler took his time responding. He looked behind him and exchanged a glance with Scarlett. That he was being addressed first seemed to convey that he was seen as the leader here. With Noah and Anthony in particular probably glaring daggers at his back, Tyler didn't want to carry on that image. "... It's Tyler," he eventually said, turning his head back around to Clay. "I'm not the leader here. None of us are. Just surviving together... you understand?" He was doubtful that would appease anyone, but hopefully it was the first step into fading into the background like Tyler wanted. He just wanted a safe place for Katie, after all. He went ahead and listed off the names of the others in the group as he was already speaking, probably surprising some of them that he knew their names at all.

Then, others arrived to take Shan and Ryder inside. The other leader, evidently named Nathan, introduced himself and Claiborne. He was taller than Clay, but Tyler still couldn't shake the idea that Clay was the more natural leader here. A woman named Alannah took on the task of checking their vitals, to which Tyler had no qualms with. Still obviously favoring his right leg, he held out his arms at his sides. He didn't speak as the girl looked him over, nor did he when the guards checked him for weapons he didn't have. "We're from further down South," Tyler said in response to Nathan's questions. "From Baton Rouge in Louisiana. The other half of our group... well... they stayed behind."

"Excuse me," Caleb said after giving away his weapons. "But we have a cat... it's the little girl's, Katie's. We let it go off on its own, but... it always comes back. I know this may seem ridiculous, but for her sake, we'd like it if you could be on the lookout for it comes back..." Caleb trailed off for a moment, looking around at the guards as if to gauge their reaction. "It's... a gray tabby cat."

Before anyone could really respond to this, the radios of the community residents burst with static. Some of the children cried out in fear at the sudden noise, forcing KK and Becca to do their best to calm them down. A male voice erupted over the radios with, "I've never seen anything like it... There's... There's a massive group of dead moving through Natchez! Clay, Nathan, Mel, whoever, the horde is coming from the South, concentrated around the highway. I-I... I can't get a good judge of how many there are... One second!" The scout on the other end went silent, leaving the group of listeners panic-stricken. Tyler heard Jace swear behind him, while some of the children understood what was happening enough to start crying.

Tyler stepped forward and jammed a finger in the air in Clay's direction. "Get us behind those walls now! We can help!"

---​

Jon - Natchez - Hank/Imogen/Turisa/Aubrey/Heather/Aiden/Jess

With Abram and Floyd running after Sam, Jon, Hank, and the others were left watching the truck. They made a circle around the vehicle, though Jon found himself taking wary glances in Hank's direction instead of looking where he was supposed to. Back when Tremblay was killed, Jon had been sure the culprit was Hank or one of the individuals within his group. No doubt the man was volatile after the atrocities Treis had inflicted upon his friends, and Tremblay taking them in had probably not seemed like the saving grace the man had intended. Otherwise, it might have been easy to place blame on the girl who'd been up Tyler's ass, Scarlett, but he just didn't believe she'd had the opportunity to do it. It was also entirely possible one of Tremblay's own people had betrayed him, but Jon couldn't imagine any of them having the nerve to do that, even after the farce that had been the meeting concerning Tyler. No, most likely was one of Hank's friends, possibly even the mute one.

It didn't really matter now, with all of them forced to work together like they were. Jon couldn't really trust any of them, but trust was a tough commodity to give to just about anyone these days. If it hadn't been for the fact Jon was sure Tyler was waiting to cut his throat while he slept, he probably would have stayed behind with the others. Now, Jon's future was a toss-up, and a good majority of the people he called allies were gone now. All they had to do now was get the hell out of here and find a place where they could get some peace.

"Everyone, I see something," said Audrey from the opposite side of the truck as Jon. This got the attention of the others who began to crowd around her side, some letting out audible gasps at what they found. They were still distant and hard to make out, but there was no doubt that a large number of walkers shambling down the road, not unlike the group themselves had been on their trip up here. Had this horde followed them?

"We need to move!" Jon bellowed. "Back up the road! Those with ammunition, keep at our backs!" That group contained Imogen, Turisa, and Amelia, among others. Jon then turned to Hank, who despite not being able to earn Jon's trust, had shown himself to be a pragmatic decision maker. "Hank, what do we about the others?" He meant Sam, Floyd, and Abram, who were still missing for now.

Last edited:
Mel - Natchez Clinic - Riley

She froze mid-step when the radios crackled, listened in carefully and sighed, turning right the hell back round and dashing for her ride. She had hoped to deal with a few lone stragglers, here and there. But no, now a horde was marching in through the place. Of all the times to come through, she thought with a grimace.

"YOU ALL HEARD THE MAN!" She barked into the radio. Claiborne may have desires to remove her from this position or whatever but right fucking now? She was still one of the ones in charge of this mess. "NO FUCKING AROUND, THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE A GUN PROPERLY, GET ONE! AS SOON AS FUCKING POSSIBLE! OR ANY WEAPON AT ALL!" She fell silent, starting up her ride and swerving right around. Giving it some gas, she cruised through several mostly empty streets, eyes constantly scanning for any hint of movement.

And there. Not one of the horde though, one of their own. Her foot slammed down on the brake as she came to a sudden stop. "Yo, you! In here, now!" She beckoned him in. "Ya heard all that right?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Redhawk-Morgantown Gate - Clay/Nathan/Scarlett/Katie/Liam/Alannah/Riley

Everything seemed to move so fast. Joe got his check up, and then hell seemed to be at his group's door. Grabbing his riffle, he would run to Nathan. Joe consider Nathan a friend. The two got along great, however, he knew what he was about to bring up, it might be an issue.

"Nate, someone as to warn that group, man! They're going to get massacred! Let me try to warn them, please? You know I have the best chances to make it in time."

Joe always tried to do the right thing, even after the world changed. However, the right thing is never the easiest thing. He looked Katie, Tyler, and Scarlett, before turning to Nathan.

"Look, the Woman's sister is out there. They have a new born, man. I can't leave a baby out there, could you? Just give me the okay, please?"

11047944_892020020833784_1897617365744909060_o_zpss1rksaqk.jpg

Riley- Natchez Clinic - Joe

"You're good enough, Joe. Either take it or leave it. No thanks necessary." Riley said before he'd tilt his head in apparent worrying at Stacey's comments towards him. The thought of someone skipping out on rations intentionally just didn't seem right to him. Maybe it was because he always ensured that he had something to eat, regardless of whether someone else would go without a snack for the day as a result. He had to keep his strength up after all.

"Deter starving with eating. Got plenty of food." He'd say as he reached into the bag and held out a bite-sized bag of Doritos out to Stacey. As Nathan then informed Joe that his check-up would have to wait, Riley cleared his throat and went to go take a seat and ponder what had occured today.

Or he would have had he not heard Mel ranting and raving over the radio. Nearly dropping it as it fumbled back and forth between his hands, he'd finally settle it and listened in as his eyes narrowed. As unfortunate as it was, the time to sit and ponder while handing out snacks had long since passed.

Pushing himself up from his seat, Riley rushed out once he heard Mel's ride pull up near the clinic. Flashing her a grin behind his mask, he nodded his head up and down as he pulled out his glock and held his socket wrench in the other hand.

"Eager to help. You especially after display today. Respect's gone up in that regard." He'd then seek to get into the passenger side of Mel's ride as he continued.

"Not waste too much time talking however. Let's deposit lead into the skulls."

@C.T.

Reactions: C.T.
MWdX6SS.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson

Morgantown Community
With: Claiborne - Joe - Alannah - Tyler - Scarlett - Anyone

More trouble, more tension. The day was just getting worse. Night was also soon upon them. The sun was almost about to settle down as well. Nathan was still unable to trust them wholeheartedly, but his eyes landed on the kids, especially Katie. It was a clear reminder that, if both Alannah and Nathan survived, they might be in the same position, with their own kid. "I see.." He calmly responded to Tyler, before he looked over at Claiborne for a brief second.

A sigh escaped his lips, as he was about to address the question about the cat. He was interrupted before he coudl say anything. One of the scouts, beside Stacey, radioed in a threatening message. Everyone went quiet for that very second, their eyes fixated on the radio. Nathan just listened, before the man behind the radio relayed more information. "Yeah... It's a bunch of those walkers.. The fucking dead is coming.. And from what I'm seeing.. They will fucking pass through Morgantown in about 20-30 minutes, give or take..."

Lifting his radio up with a concerned but serious expression plastered on his face, he spoke up. "Listen Jim. Get your ass back here asap..." Nathan ordered, before he looked over at the guards and Claiborne. "Alright.." He took a step back, before pointing his fingers at the guards. "You two. Come with me. And grab the weapons..." He ordered. His hand clenching the damn radio tightly. The guards obviously heeded his words and grabbed the weapons warily from the ground before walking behind Nathan. "And you.. stay put.." He ordered the last but third guard to stay behind.

"Come with me." Nathan was not going to let Tyler and his people stay out in the danger, especially not when they had kids. "Since this is a school.. We've also taken the liberty to have classes for the kids.. So they can learn more about the world we used to live in.." He calmly yet seriously explained, signaling the strangers to come inside.

His eyes shifted over to Claiborne who followed suit and walked with the rest of the group inside. "Mel.. Wherever you are.. Get back to Morgantown!" He radioed her. The people of the community came out of their rooms, some were already standing in the hallway. Giving the strangers an odd look, wondering who the hell they were and what on earth was going on. After walking deeper inside the hallway, Nathan opened the door to one of the many classrooms. However it was no such thing, it was just a room with a few beds, chairs and a few toys. Standing by the door, his gaze fixated on Tyler and his people. "Why dont you guys wait here for a second..."

That's when Joe came running, with a rifle in his hand, his expression quite panicked and worried. Explaining to him about the remaining people outside, and the condition they were in, and the fact that they had a newborn. The world was a cruel place to live in. "Alright, alright calm down." Nathan had a feeling he was referring to the rest of Tyler's group. He knew that Joe was a runner, and he was quite fast.

"Listen to me. If you're going out there, you better make sure you come back alive." Nathan demanded, whereas the young teenager nodded, agreeing to his terms which were quite obvious. Once Joe started to run towards the exit, Nathan quietly just looked at his back as something else came to his mind. "And JOE! If you see a tabby cat out there, bring it with back with you.. Alright?.." Joe had finally exited the building. "This is fucking great..." He sarcastically finished, before his attention shifted towards Tyler. "I suppose he's talking about the rest of your group?." He rhetorically added.

Claiborne was still there, and Nathan wanted a word with him, about what they were gonna do. "Wait inside.. And give us a minute." Once Tyler and his group went inside, he closed the door behind them, signaling one of the guards who followed from outside to just stand by the door. The other guard had already taken the weapons to the room where they kept things like that. Pretty much their armory.

Approaching Claiborne, he spoke up. "Clay. We should stay put inside the community and call the rest of our scouts back.. Have them rather gather up close by. The buildings around the school. In case the walkers end up coming here.. The scouts can attract their attention away from the Morgantown." Nathan wanted to say more, and Tyler's suggestion to help out was something they might be something they'd actually say yes to. More people to handle the walkers would be for the best, but if they were to do that, then it'd have to be a gamble. Trusting them with their lives.

In all honesty Nathan did not want to waste any bullets. They were scarce. Supplies, even if they had enough for now were scarce. Even if they can defend themselves against the horde, the best thing would be, if need be, have the scouts waste their bullets to remove the walkers attention away from the school, if it ever does come to that. His eyes veered off as he tilted back, turning around slightly, looking through the small boxed window of the door, at Tyler and his people.

These people came from the south. The damn horde of the living dead came from the south. Something just didn't feel right.. "Clay.. What do you think?.."

@-QT- @C.T. @Josh M @Atomyk @Wolverbells @AnyoneIMissed

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh M
Mel - Natchez Clinic - Riley

Were it a less serious situation, she probably would have ribbed him for trying to look tough when the overboard nature of it all just made him look goofy. Like really, a bandana with a skull pattern? That belonged on the tv screen. Wrestling or whatever. In reality if you're tough, it shows regardless of what you wear. You exude it naturally. But this was a real serious and grave situation.

She was still sorely tempted.

"Yeah well, thanks for that I guess. And yeah, you read my mind. Way ahead of ya." She floored it, heading as quickly as possible back to Morgantown. "Didn't need to tell me." She muttered with a shake of the head. "Ey yo, Skully? Think ya can answer that? I'm kinda driving. Tell 'em we're on the way or something. And try to raise that first scout who reported it in if ya can. All hands on deck will be needed if this goes how I think it will."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Riley-Natchez Clinic-Mel

Riley in all honesty hadn't thought how his mask made him look to others. He just needed clothes besides the orange jumpsuit the center had provided him with. But something about this mask just appealed to him. As did his jacket to the point where he didn't like having the two separated. Hence he was blissfully unaware of however goofy he may have looked.

"No problem. As for the radio? On it.." He'd say as he'd pick it up and tried to catch Nathan's attention. "Our asses are on the way back. As fast as this thing can take us, Nathan. I need you to try and bring up the one who reported the horde. Because need people at the ready for when shit hits the fan. Lots of rotting flesh-eating shit.."

He'd reply into the radio before running a hand through his air. This was going to be quite the stressful time for him. He had seen hordes before but he always engaged them from a distance which was probably the smartest thing to do. But what if some of them got too close and the delusions began? Oh he'd be in quite the tight spot indeed. He'd be surrounded by his tormentor. Multiple copies of him with the same desire. To rip him open and get at the goodies inside.

"I feel sorry for anybody unfortunate enough to not be in here with us. But out there with them."

@C.T. @Akashi

Liam- Morgantown community gates - Scarlett/Tyler/Katie/Morgantown community members

Liam eventually found the guiding hand of Scarlett. Feeling relief, Liam stuck close to her. Not that he could much further our, with her keeping a tight grip on him. As they got to the gates, They were told they were going to be checked. Liam tense up a little, being naturally behind Scarlett. He got the fact they needed to check for vital signs and if they were bitten. But Liam always worried when people wanted to take away their weapons. Shifted awkwardly, Liam glanced at Scarlett. He had a knife. A knife he had kept for ten months. He found it off the first few corpses he scavenged off in the first few days of the apocalypse. It was the only reason he was alive.

The Medic who, to Liam had something that made him feel a little queasy. Something about her reminded him about....

He did not need this right now. But it still hurt.

Liam gaze dropped down to the floor. Only lifting it when Scarlett commented on Katie maybe having a broken rib. The medic bent down to check her. Liam being uncomfortable close to her right now, He decided to just look at the rest of the crowd. Wishing for them just to go in or something.

His wish was granted, but not in the way he hoped. The frantic and worried looks of the adults, slowly spreading to everyone. It was almost like Liam knew exactly what it was before anyone even muttered a word. Though when people spoke, it was more like screaming. Clinging to Scarlett, Liam stood there awkwardly as he waited for someone to let them in or something. Which Tyler quickly asked. Liam just stared up at Scarlett scared as they were shifted into the community. Hopefully away from danger.

Matt - Nantchez - Samantha/Floyd/Abram/John

So sick of waiting, watching, listening. Couldn't do what he wanted to do. Stick to the plan. Wait, keep going. Stop, keeping going. Waiting, watching, listening. Follow the group. Can't join. Had to keep reminding himself that he couldn't go. A few of them probably wanted him dead. He wasn't stupid. he knew that. He was the opposite of stupid. Lack of food. Lack of water. Had to think straight. Avoid but stay close. Wait for the perfect moment. Waiting, watching, listening. A stray lamb. Hadn't even been that long. His hand screamed in pain. He ignored it by now.

He didn't know where the undead came from. But suddenly they were there, and then they were being attacked by all sides. He escaped, he always escaped. It was seeming to become a habit at this point. No injuries, aside from hand. Right hand to be exact. Possibly only sprained, maybe fractured. Stupid fall. Should of been looking. Shouldn't of been running. Waiting, watching, listening.

He watched from the background, the woman struggled. The man spoke French, he understood it roughly. French was always a tough one. Demands, wishes. She wanted to run away. The man did not. Suddenly two more entered the fray. Fight, struggle.

It had been harder then expected, still had ammo though. He rather just avoid the undead rather then make noise. To slither in. Only a few of them could possibly know. He couldn't see all of them.

The perfect moment

Running for it, had to make it seem smooth. Safe, he had to seem like he came with them. Back-up? Coming behind her, she was probably too shaken up by it. Plus, he was the only one who knew the hoard coming. What a good way to tell someone.

"Oh shit- Are you alright!?" Concerned voice. That of a friend. "Are you hurt?" He asked, glancing at the other men. "Look, We need to go right now. I know you must be shaken up or something but there's a hoard a little bit back. It would probably be a good idea to leave now. I mean I know-" Looking over to Floyd and the other two men. "Are probably sorting something out right now, but this is probably more concerning"

Aiden - Natchez - Jon/Hank/Aubrey/Kerry/Imogen/Turisa/EVERYONE

With the particularly soul sucking atmosphere going on right now, Aiden waited silently. Like he always did now-a-days. All he ever did. Like many of his long term friends, or what was left of them. The cloud of regret loomed over all of them. He had to watch one of the men from Treblay's community fidget with his hands. Kerry was his name. He just kept gnawing at his hands. Little scratches all across his hands. A few of them bleeding. Weird, and concerning.

The words sputtered from Jon's mouth almost felt dull to Aiden. Just like everything. Another fucked up thing that got in their way. His blank stare stayed as Jon made the point to go back to the community they had just seen. While also asking about Floyd and Abram. Aiden waited for hank to answer

Last edited:
Alannah - Morgantown Community - Claiborne/Nathan/Tyler's group

Anna had been grateful that everyone she chose to examine had complied. Everyone seemed to be in the clear. At least for now. The only people she'd want to take an good look at would be Tyler, the little girl Katie, and the young woman who's oxygen tank went out.

Although she had finished checking everyone, Alannah didn't have time to tell Nathan and Clay. They were interrupted by an alarming message on the radio which sent everyone into a mode of panic. Especially her. Anna turned and ran over to her supplies, crouching down to grab everything, before quickly making her way inside the school building. She should've guess people would have questions. They were all standing outside their doors and waiting patiently for either of the community leaders. They all looked at Anna, their eyes practically screaming for her to say something. She had nothing to say though. She merely kept her head down as she walked down to her clinic.

"We've got trouble." It was the first thing she had said since entering the building. The other medics turned to look at her, but she ignored their looks as well as she turned to see the young woman that needed help. "How is she?"

"Stabilized. She's resting now. We only have two tanks though. We'll have to go get more."

Anna nodded and sat her supplies down on the counter, taking a deep breath to calm herself. "There's about forty to fifty dead coming in. If she's just resting, then let her be and go." The medics nodded without saying a word and left immediately, knowing that some kind of tragedy was imminent. Anna frowned and walked over to Shan and her companion, placing a hand on the girl's forehead and shaking her head. "She should have never been walking to begin with. She'll be safe here. You'll be safe here inside my clinic. Everything is locked except for the restroom right there."

After making sure the two were set, Anna left the clinic, looking for Nathan. Both him and Claiborne were outside of a room. Anna couldn't see Clay's face as she walked towards them but she could see Nathan and his face seemed to be set in a permanent frown. She could tell he was in the 'leader' mode and that the conversation with Clay was of utter importance, but she needed to make sure they weren't going out there. Their safest bet was to lay low and let the dead leave. There would be a few stragglers but they could take care of them.

"You're not going out there, are you?" Anna asked only after the two of them seemed to have gone into thought. "The other group isn't our responsibility. They made their choice. We can only hope for the best now." The young woman looked at both of the two men, hoping that one of them would agree with her, although she did sound a bit cold hearted. "I can't have either of you leave." Her eyes made contact with Nathan's and she knew that he'd know what she meant. He couldn't leave her. Not anymore.

--------------------------------------------

Samantha - Natchez - Floyd/Abram/John/Matt

It seemed as if luck wasn't on their side once again. Although the Corporal seemed to have been willing to speak to Abram, they were interrupted by a man running towards them. He seemed concerned and genuinely worried about what had happened, but that wasn't what had caught Sam's attention. He was breathing heavily as if he had been running for a while now. Sam got closer to Floyd, still being shaken up by the whole situation. "I'm... Fine?" She had little time to ask who he was as he began telling them that there was a horde. As if on cue, a gun shot rang from the general area that Hank and the rest were. Sam reached up to cover her mouth, feeling the need to scream, but nothing came out. She might have been going into shock but now was not the moment.

Floyd was the one who took initiative, heeding Matt's words and urging them to run towards a building with little windows. "Abram! Let's go!" They ran past them and Sam gently pushed Abram so that he could leave the French soldier. "We can talk later but we have to go!" Abram hesitated but listened to her nonetheless. Before running after them, Sam turned to the Corporal and helped him up. She couldn't leave him to die. At least not now. "Come on." She had her pistol in her hand and had managed to grab his as well when Floyd had brought them over to her. Although she didn't know what the Corporal was capable of, she knew they would need someone to cover them if something happened. "I'll give you your weapon once we've reached cover" she promised, turning around and running to catch up with Floyd, who was already holding a door open and Abram waving his hand and and giving them the 'all clear'.

Once inside, Samantha chose the furthest corner from the door and the windows, her breathing getting more and more shallow as realization hit. She sank down to the floor and looked around her as the others worked on blocking off the entrance. Hank and the others were beyond deep shit. Scarlett was somewhere out there with Tyler and the other kids. She was pretty much trapped in a building with two complete strangers. Hopefully Abram and Floyd would stay with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.