The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNoToWQ.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson
Morgantown Plaza
With: Claiborne - Joe - Riley - Melanie - Anyone

Standing by the front doors before Nathan and Claiborne were to introduce themselves to the pack of unknown people before them, the sudden but familiar voice of a reckless young woman was heard. 'Aaw.. Shit..' He disappointingly thought to himself. The words that escaped Claiborne's lips at that very moment was exactly what he thought. The doors were opened and he walked outside. The situation ahead was tense, especially with Melanie showing her presence to the group all by herself.

Nathan's hazel eyes were locked on the group that was leaving and the harsh and cruel words that was spouted on both ends. Especially from Melanie. Just provoking them would be the end for her. They were a much bigger group than just Nathan, Claiborne and Melanie, especially with where they were. Their own people weren't there so if a shootout did start, Nathan and the rest would have had the short end of a stick. Bad luck in other words.

Nathan approached Joe who was seemingly captured by the group. "You alright bud?.. Did they do anything to you?" He asked, before he looked over at Melanie. Her brash attitude was no surprise to him. He knew exactly the type of person she was, at least the way she spoke gave that away easily. Looking over at Riley, he gave a simple smile, before turning his attention to the heat of the moment. Melanie and Claiborne did not see eye to eye.

"Joe, stay here.." Nathan glanced over at Riley before continuing. "Riley, why dont you get Joe back to Morgantown, yeah?.." He suggested, before turning around. He walked past Claiborne, noticing his expression. It was no surprise at all that Claiborne was not satisfied with the outcome. In all honesty, Nathan wasn't either, but he was also glad that Melanie was okay. Things could have gotten out of control fast.

"Clay, I'll take care of this.. There is no need to make this any worse.." He expressed before he started to jog over to Melanie, who was seemingly walking away from the mess that was created. "Mel.. Wait.." He started, before repeating his words. "Mel!" He almost exclaimed to get her attention. Once he was by her side, he walked infront of her, standing before her.

"What the fuck was that?... And I'm not talking about how you handled the situation.. I'm talking about how you decided to walk out there all by yourself?.. We dont know them, and they dont know us.. You were alone for fuck sake.. You have a death wish or something?.." He asked, placing his hands on her shoulder.

"Listen.. You need to stop being so reckless.. I cant have you become one of them... Walkers... We already have enough of those.. Besides.. Whatever grudge you got against Clay.. Get over it.. There is no time for us to fight between us.. A bigger threat is now out there.. And you know this just as much as I do and.." He nodded over her shoulder, towards Claiborne. "Him.. That they will probably come back.. So get your head straight.. Got it?.. " Nathan was quite serious with the words he ushered. The group that left would definetely send someone to check up on their community. They had others to worry about now, not just the Walkers anymore. The shitty situation was just all over the place.

"Next time you do anything like this.. At least let me know.. Alright?..." Nathan cared for Melanie, despite her attitude. She was young and was quite easy to provoke into action. She spoke back like an unruly teenager does. "You're also young.... Even if you're one of the leaders.. Don't forget.. If anything were to happen to me or Claiborne, people will look up to you.. Make sure you survive.. I will protect you just as I protect the rest.. Even if you say you dont need the protection. Got it?..."

@-QT- @C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Josh M

Liam -Morgantown Plaza

Liam counted each step he took, though he had lost count the moment he had started. So it was many "one....one" over and over again. It saved him the trouble of getting too high up. He didn't want to look around, the atmosphere was too grim, too dark. Everyone was slightly twitchy and Liam felt that there wasn't even a careful balance. It was just a slowly falling tower. Which is why Liam stayed as close to people he actually knew a little bit. Not that he had much choice, he was sure he would be left behind anyway. Or just grabbed and put back in his place.

The complete despair of it all, it did feel like everyone was just walking towards nothing. Most of the people around him were just trying to stay alive for the small prize of being alive. Well, Tyler had Katie. Katie had Tyler.

He had...something. Had to keep having the glimmer of hope that it would get better somehow. Adding that in with the fact that he had Scarlett and by extension Tyler and Katie. He guessed he could add Samantha to that list. She was part of the group that kept him alive when he was held at gunpoint and then swiftly ditched by himself.

Whatever had happened between Tyler and Scarlett, it certainly was different then what it was when he last saw them. That terrible silence between them. Even he could notice that. Nothing was spoke about it. Nothing was said about most things that happened in the place they went. All he got was the small snippets Katie would say, though it was through her way of speaking. So honestly there was no way to tell.

He wished he would be told, he was never told anything. He was given the same or in other situations less then Katie. She was completely innocent. Protected for so long. While he...wasn't. He had survived by himself, struggle for sure. But he had survived by himself. Now he was seemingly protected from everything. Like somehow he didn't know what it was liked. Then again, a part of him liked it. It made him feel like the other younger children, if not a bit jarring for them to act so innocent.

Maybe he did need to lighten up a bit.

Liam was taken out of his thoughts by Scarlett asking him if needed anything. He smiled faintly, "Oh-" His voiced was a lot more hoarse then he expected. Causing him to cough a few times. "Sorry, uhm. I'm fine" His feet ached and his stomach growled. But at this point other people were more hungry then him. More thirsty. More wounded.

After Scarlett attention was taken away, Liam quickly let his head fall back down. Little time had passed before Samantha took his hand. Almost grabbed it forcefully, not that Liam resisted obviously. He had no reason to, yet. "What's happening?" He sputtered out. Cautiously he let himself go along.

He was a bit out of the loop of what exactly was going on, it all seemed so sudden to him. First they were still walking the next second they were what he assumed was fleeing. "Oh-uh" Liam looked around nervously as whatever happened happened. It was like he had just been asked a question when he had zoned out in class. Sure he probably would understand if somebody just told him the one thing he missed. But nobody was giving him the answer.

All Liam did was let himself get whisked away. It was liked he was blind even though he could see. His sense of awareness was non-existence. All he got were glimpses of what was going in even though he could see it all. The men who Liam guessed were technically leading the group were confronting people. It was all such a mess of things. Scarlett was, somewhere. A small aggressive talk between her and her sister. Words Liam heard all too often between people. Topic of the situation was Tyler. Not that that was thing that surprised him. It had been made all too clear the feeling of Tyler around the numerous mess of parties that made this group. Liam feared for his safety, any moment Tyler could be lying down in the pool of his own blood. It seemed like the only people who wouldn't was Him and Katie.

The people leading them, especially the one named "Hank" did not seem to be the most...sane of people. He was too wary, always watching. Quick to snap or react. It always seemed to him that people like that were not the most fit to lead. They weren't friendly to strangers.

Liam felt like he was blind, it felt like he didn't know who was next to him. Was Samantha behind him? Was Scarlett around? Where were people going? For all Liam knew, they could of all been grey shadows. It just felt like he was being hoarded into a general direction.

"Scarlett?" Liam whispered out almost silent. Looking around frantically.

Reactions: Atomyk

Mel- Morgantown Plaza- Nathan. Claiborne

She paused on her walk, turning halfway back around to at least acknowledge the guy calling out to her repeatedly.

tumblr_mpyuy1rTQT1su3c26o4_250.gif

"Nathan." She replied, waiting for whatever he wanted to say. It was written all over his face. She let him go through the whole thing without a reply until he was done, not unlike what she had done with Claiborne just now. But whereas she was much more aggressive with Claiborne, Nathan got instead a more calm reply. "Yeah, I didn't know them. But on the plus side they didn't know us either, as you pointed out. And no, I don't got a death wish. See, I'm no stranger to fights with bigger, tougher, stronger guys. Been dealing with 'em my whole life. Nothing new. And not all of them would fight because this Hank fucker felt his masculinity was in danger from a girl like me upstaging him and he had to compensate. Or overcompensate, anyways. I know guys like that too. And see, now...if it actually came down to that? I'd place money on the home turf guys, not the fucks who just stumbled into the city. We know the place better than any of em do, guaranteed." She folded her arms behind her head.

"So yeah no, I have no intention of dying. It's why I helped make this place what it is. I want to live, more than anything. Every single one of ya helps me with that. While I may not trust, respect, or even fucking like some of you, best believe I'd do anything short of death to help you lot. If you benefit my life in this shithole, it's a done deal. And spare me the goddamn parental lecture shit, I can take care of myself. And fine sure, whatever, I'll inform you in one of our daily meetings or some such bs." She finished, cold and caustic sarcasm quite evident in her tone.

"And yeah yeah, yadda yadda. I'll survive. I did it when there was a hell lot of more people that got pissed off at me, I can do it when there's a lot less of em." She shifted, looking over at Claiborne.

"Bet he wants to run his mouth at me too, huh?" She shook her head. "Well, best to get it over with if so." She crossed her arms, waiting to see if he would do so.

@Akashi @-QT-

Last edited:
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Annie- Morgan Town Plaza- anyone

Annie wasn't one for conflict, especially with her current pregnancy. Only a short 3 months ago the young women was traveling alone when it happened. A man jumped her from a alley, being drained of strength due to lack of food, Annie struggle was short lived. She was quickly pinned to the ground, and aggressively raped while he held a hand over her mouth. With barley any strength, she couldn't make her muffled scream any louder. The whole ordeal lasted for only a short ten minutes, but to Annie those ten minutes felt like 10 years. The man simply stood up afterwards, and left her on the filthy alleyway ground. It took Annie awhile to stand, and stumble away. Now, she was pregnant, and it was due to that horrible memory. Her children are going to come into the world due to a horrible person who forced himself on her, when she was only 15. That's all Annie could think about, but the one thing she always kept at the front of her thoughts was, she was going to be a mother, and she was going to make sure her child survived with a warm heart. When Annie started to near a plaza, the mere amount of people could be seen from where she was. Feeling a heavy sense of fear fester inside of her, she zipped her lime green sweater all the way up and then grabbed her lighter and smoke bomb from her pocket. When she neared the location, she stayed just far away enough so somebody wouldn't notice her within a first glance. Annie kept moving, trying to get pass the plaza. She wanted to travel on the highway out of the city, but she was already tried, and the amount of people at the plaza caused Annie uneasy feelings. Traveling on the highway currently could be a death wish.

webcam-toy-photo1_zpsi5mrqrli.jpg

Riley-Morgantown Plaza

"...Yes, exactly like I said. I didn't like those people. Not one bit. Seemed too much like bullies. Specially the aggressive one." Riley'd state as it seemed he was pretty proud of the leader agreeing that what he said matched up with what she was going to say. But then she snatched up one of his funions and started to walk away. Well, it wasn't as if he was doing this out of the kindness of his heart but he had been going to eat that bag in particular. Glancing down at the stuffed CVS bag, he'd shrug his shoulders lightly and decided someone else was just going to have to go without a bag until he went out again because he was getting his onion-flavored junk food and there wasn't any ifs ands or buts about it.

But then as Nathan approached and instructed him to lead Joe back to the community, Riley blinked before tilting his head to the side. Raising the hand with the bag slung over it up slightly, he'd began to scratch at the back of his head. Riley wasn't exactly the most approachable of people due to having suffered from hallucinations since he escaped from the detention center and not having gotten any closer to finding Rufus. But here he got stuck with leading someone back to the community. Oh well, he decided it was better than listening to someone yelling.

Pulling out his glock and keeping it out just in case those bullies from earlier turned up again, he'd motion with his head for Redhawk/Joe to follow. If he was going to lead him back to the community, the least he figured he could do was inform him of how things were gonna be.

"Found yourself in a rough spot there, Joe. Really didn't like that. But you know how I am. I...I don't like bullies."

He'd say as he balled one of his hands up into a fist and the sound of the aluminum packaging of the funion bags could have been heard crinkling under his grasp. "You're a good runner. So it's beneficial that you're okay! I mean good that you're okay. Would have been depressing I'm sure if you weren't okay. But you are so..I..um...Yeah." He really did regret how the years of delusions had taken their toll on his social graces. He was never this awkward before he escaped was he? Well, his only real talking partner was Rufus, a man who seemed to be completely unaware of the world and the challenges it faced so maybe it wasn't the best comparison.

@Josh M @C.T. @QT

Vincent-Morgantown Plaza-Tobias

Vincent had dealt with all of the morning routine stuff. He got clean clothes, got some food what supplies they had gathered from their previous scavenging. All the while Angeline went to go spread some of her everloving 'God loves all of us' stuff which Vincent had never really bought into despite how long he had known the girl. Worshiping some omnipotent being who lived upstairs never really clicked with Vincent and he doubted it ever would.

But now that he was up and about and even shaved as best as he could using his knife, he headed out of the school. Just to see what all that commotion he had heard about was. But as he got too far he noticed someone who immediately caught his eye. It was the bald guy in the fancy suit. Oh yeah, it gave Vincent a couple of ideas.

Scream2Mickey2.jpg

"Heeeey there new guy! Welcome to Morgantown! I'm Vincent Jackson and might I add that you are doing Vincent Vega's work with that suit. Did you make it or you just really dedicated to the craft of Tarantino's films that you decided to try and add a piece of it to your life? Like the guys from Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Til Dawn, hell even Reservoir Dogs! All had good suits but now I'm rambling and you seem like a busy guy! So how's about we talk while we walk, eh? That is if you feel like talking? I can go give out warm greetings somewhere else if you'd like! Noooo problem-o!"

@Doctor Smartass

Vincent-Morgantown Plaza-Tobias

Vincent had dealt with all of the morning routine stuff. He got clean clothes, got some food what supplies they had gathered from their previous scavenging. All the while Angeline went to go spread some of her everloving 'God loves all of us' stuff which Vincent had never really bought into despite how long he had known the girl. Worshiping some omnipotent being who lived upstairs never really clicked with Vincent and he doubted it ever would.

But now that he was up and about and even shaved as best as he could using his knife, he headed out of the school. Just to see what all that commotion he had heard about was. But as he got too far he noticed someone who immediately caught his eye. It was the bald guy in the fancy suit. Oh yeah, it gave Vincent a couple of ideas.

Scream2Mickey2.jpg

"Heeeey there new guy! Welcome to Morgantown! I'm Vincent Jackson and might I add that you are doing Vincent Vega's work with that suit. Did you make it or you just really dedicated to the craft of Tarantino's films that you decided to try and add a piece of it to your life? Like the guys from Pulp Fiction and From Dusk Til Dawn, hell even Reservoir Dogs! All had good suits but now I'm rambling and you seem like a busy guy! So how's about we talk while we walk, eh? That is if you feel like talking? I can go give out warm greetings somewhere else if you'd like! Noooo problem-o!"

@Doctor Smartass

Tobias- Morgan Town Plaza-Vincent

"Sure. The circus seems to be over and all the clowns seem to have done their thing."

He turned into a side-by-side stride as he spoke.

"Names Tobias...I heard of this place, from some french speaking guy with a gimp leg. One of your people around here?" He asked casually.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Claiborne Bonder - Morgantown Plaza - Mel

Mel took the cowards way out and started yelling like a child instead of accepting her action had been incorrect. She wasn't even listening to Nathan who was deliberate in his speech and rather calm. But if she wanted to act like a child, scream and taunt, she'd get what she deserved. Being old school and desiring respect, Claiborne raised his hand and smacked Mel dead in the face, his hands returning to his pockets right afterwards. He believed in hitting children to get them to listen, and that's exactly what he did. Then, his back hunched forward which lowered his head to her ear.

"You best think twice before raisin' your voice at me again, do you understand?" he questioned her in a whisper, looking at Nathan in the eyes as he straightened back up. The two men would later have a talk about this event and about Mel's standings in Morgantown. Someone so young an inexperience should have never been given power over other people. She was in it for herself and it was apparent despite her actions. Fortunately for her, she hadn't been shot alongside Redhawk and was given another day to live. This also meant the group that had appeared had some sense of humanity and weren't total animals - they were survivors.

Furthermore, Claiborne awaited Mel to speak. If she was to raise her voice once more, he'd continue with more disciplinary action. The man had a daughter - younger than Melaine - and she knew better than to speak like that to adults.

"Now how bout we all start headin' back home and call it a day. Nuthin' we can do bout those other folk right now. Without a plan of action were pretty much pointless. So c'mon, let's get goin."

There was nothing else to say to that arrogant girl that had already been said. She may think Clay was being unjust and stepped his boundaries by slapping her, but she asked for it clearly. Even left her check wide open for his hand.

Back at the truck, Claiborne awaited Nathan in the passenger seat. He wanted them an to drive back so he could enjoy his cigar. With an open window, he lit it up, puffing the white smoke into the birdless skies. Once realizing his co-worker had joined him, Claiborne spoke.

"Just go ahead and drive, I'll do the talkin'." After about half the way to the school, Clay started again.

"We need the fear, you understand?" Clay said, referring to the slap he gave Mel, putting her in her place.

"Now without that fear, we are as good as dead. We can't lead without respect. Now, be it my decision, I'd demote her right now, but it ain't just my call. I say we put her in kitchen duty for a week see if her temper progresses from there," Claiborne suggested, not once cracking from his usual personality. neay everytime he spoke, he spoke in statements. This revealed that he truly believes nearly everything he says is right. Unfortunately for everyone else, it usually is.

Alannah - Morgantown Clinic

After getting on the cot and focusing on her breath, Anna was finally able to open her mouth without anything threatening to come out of it but words. "I'm fine for now boys. Just let me know when you're gonna go on a run next time. I'd like a few chocolates."

The young woman grinned at them and forced herself to get up, in order to escort them out of the clinic. Something had crossed her mind for a brief second and now it plagued her every thought.

"You guys come to me in like three days, okay? There's no sign of any infection, just a lot of stress on his jaws and the teeth. Oh and here." Anna stopped the right before getting to the door, unlocking a drawer with the her set of keys, and pulling out a few packets of pain relievers. "Don't abuse these. I'll know." She grinned at them as she gave them the packets of pills and locked the drawer, escorting them out of the clinic soon after.

Once the two were down the hall, Anna shut the door and locked it, turning her back on the door and leaning on it. She had tried her best to keep her worries hidden from her patients but now, her face was etched in worry. This wasn't the only time she had a dizzy spell. It had happened the day before after she ate something, and two days prior in the morning when she had just sat up in her bed. Her head began to do the math that she would of normally done back before the world turned to hell. Counting days and numbers that every woman did after realizing that mother natures gift was late. Anna paled at the realization of what it could mean. What it did mean.

She was late. About three weeks late. "Oh no." Alannah ran to the bottom cabinet and unlocked it, reaching in and grabbing a box quickly. "Not me, not me, not me."

The process didn't take long, and soon, she found herself waiting and pacing the restroom that the clinic had. The box said to wait three minutes, but she couldn't wait. Even though she already knew, seeing the two pink lines on the stick made her heart sink, yet it made her stomach have butterflies at the same time. Maybe if the world hadn't gone to shit, she would have squealed with joy at the top of her lungs. Maybe if there weren't corpses trying to rip off her flesh, she would have cried tears of joy and called her mom in Spain to tell her the good news. Maybe, but the world wasn't like that.

Anna had no tears but she couldn't stop herself from sobbing quietly, backing up into the a corner and sinking down to the floor.

She had failed herself. By being so reckless, she had ruined Nathan's life. Just the thought of him being mad made the tears form in her eyes. She had failed Clay, who thought of her as someone mature and trustworthy. She had known him well before the dead came to life, and he had always been so kind. Every time she saw him, she felt as if she was home with her older brothers. She had placed them all in danger. A baby wasn't suitable for this world, and neither was she.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Akashi
Tyler - Morgantown Plaza Road - Hank/Scarlett/Liam/Katie/Joe/Riley

Jesus fucking christ.

Tyler could tell everyone was just too exhausted to deal with any of this right now. They were all clustered around the truck like a bunch of clucking hens, no one really having any idea how to proceed from here. Closing his eyes, Tyler couldn't help but let out a long deep sigh. He only opened them once the guy Hank had taken advantage of seemed to be speaking in his direction. Husband, he referred to him as. Hell, did he seem that possessive of Scarlett? Scarlett herself seemed hesitant to say anything at first, so Tyler knew it would fall on his shoulders to make the call. No matter how damn well he tried, someone insisted on giving him authority in some manner. He was sick and tired of making awful decisions.

Abram had moved the Haywood members closer to the truck to send it off, but he was coaxing Shan and Ryder out of the vehicle for some reason. He looked to Joe for a moment, gesturing to the frail girl. "If that's the case, please take her," he was saying. "It's not fair to force her to keep moving in her condition." Indeed, Shan looked half in the grave already. Her eyes were constantly lidded and her skin was far too pale. She managed to walk, but required someone to be holding her at all times. She couldn't even afford to lift the oxygen tank strapped to her back. As Brianna and KK moved to assist the girl out of the truck, Tyler realized the call he wanted to make.

"And not just her," Tyler said, moving forward now. He pointed bluntly at the truck and to the kids sitting aside. "Let them stay too, Hank. We can not do this to these kids any longer. The trip's over for them. Scarlett will keep them safe." Tyler almost said Scarlett and I, but he feared someone would have laughed grimly at that.

Once the words were out of his mouth, the group seemed to come to a conscious decision. Though hard times had forced them all together, it had done little mend the cracks inherent in their smaller groups. Working as a team had only come as a necessity, and as soon as the opportunity to divide was seriously being offered, a few people evidently couldn't resist making the leap. Caleb and Jace quickly expressed their desire to stay, forcing Adam to go along with them. George, perhaps rather unsurprisingly, wanted to stick with Scarlett and Tyler. Becca and KK desired to stick with the children, while Alison and Jon opted to keep going with Hank. The people from Haywood gave Tyler cross looks, conveying their obvious disdain at being around him. While Shan and Anthony staying forced Ryder and Noah to do the same, the rest of the group, including Abram, wanted to keep going with Hank.

With the line clearly drawn, the air seemed a bit less tense on their side, though Tyler was quick to make his way over to the guy known as Joe. The scout who had been on the plaza roof stalked over to them now, looking almost in awe at the group before her. "No one got shot, huh?" she said, trying to lighten the mood, presumably. Tyler could only give her a blank look. A smack then echoed across the highway, prompting Tyler and the others to look in the direction of the waiting community's presumed leaders. The scout mumbled under her breath, close enough to Tyler for him to hear, "Jeez, Clay, ouch." While Tyler was sure the girl deserved it after the screaming coming out of her mouth, he found himself inwardly cringing. If such an action were ever taken on Katie, there would be hell to pay.

Trying not to linger on that thought, Tyler looked toward Joe. He crossed his arms and nodded down Morgantown road. "Lead the way."

@Josh M @-QT- @Rithas @Wolverbells @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Lady Myst

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh M

Mel - Morgantown Plaza - Claiborne and Nathan

And here we go. So she thought anyway, just leaning back against a nearby wall as Claiborne approached. Her mind was already elsewhere, partly to tune out the incoming lecture, partly to think how long it would take and already thinking of how to split the rations gathered by the runners as evenly as possible. She was not really focused on Claiborne all that much. That just made the sudden smack all the more jarring.

Her eyes widened for a moment after the smack before returning to normal as she just bitterly chuckled with a shake of her head as he leaned in and said his piece. "Wow. You really are a dumbass Southern hick. You actually hit me. For what? Coming in here and trying to settle the situation and get one of ours back? Is it because I upstaged you? Or are you just stupid?" She questioned bluntly, rubbing at the impact of the smack with the back of her hand. That son of a bitch.

It didn't bother her all that much, the slap itself. It wasn't that foreign to the crowd she had ran with, the lifestyle she led. Now what got to her more was him just standing there in all his smug glory. Waiting for something. Maybe for her to talk. Pfft. She had nothing left to say. But messages could be delivered in other ways and that smug bullshit really got under her skin. So as he just stood there in silence, awaiting whatever, she just did it.

She lashed out with a clenched fist, going for an impulsive right hook to his goddamn jaw. Just one. That was all she needed. A blow for a blow. And once it was done, she pulled back with immense satisfaction. Just to see him getting his bullshit shoved back at him.

tumblr_mpyuy1rtqt1su3c26o3_250.gif

That done, she resumed her stride back to her own ride, utterly uncaring of what else he did afterwards. If he organized a vote or something, trying to get her demoted or what-fucking-ever. He was free to do what he liked. She knew she did what was right and she'd stand behind that all the way. Never backed down before, wasn't about to now.

@Akashi @-QT-

Last edited:
CNoToWQ.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson
Morgantown Plaza - Community
With: Claiborne - Joe - Riley - Melanie - Anyone

The issue did not stop there. Tension was extremely high in the air. It did not help talking to Melanie. Perhaps a little. Nathan just took a step back, with a disappointed look on his face. Especially when Melanie called out to Clay right after his talk. She wanted it to become even more difficult. He tried to do his part, but she was just asking for more trouble. Walking past her, he stopped in his tracks when Claiborne approached the both of them, his attention glued to the stubborn teenager.

Then came the sound, the slap, which honestly, in the current circumstances, was not surprising. Maybe it was for the best, Nathan was unsure, but stayed quiet throughout the heat of the moment. He clearly noticed Claiborne and his expression, especially when he approached her ear and glanced over at him. There was an awkward silence by the plaza after what just happened. Nathan glanced over at Riley and Joe before shifting his attention back at the old man.

After a moment or two, it was time to head back to the community and hash a plan out for their next step. It made sense, and there was no reason to stand idly by and possibly with a huge target on their backs. Melanie's reaction to the slap was not surprising. Nathan stood between them while Claiborne turned around, started to walk away and towards the plaza, and the truck. His hazel eyes gazed at Melanie for a short moment, again with a displeased look. All the drama was completely unneccessary, and this entire incident made things much more difficult for the community.

Nathan turned around and started to walk next to Claiborne, and moved his head ever so slightly to the side, noticing a fist approaching none other than Claiborne. There was no respect for Claiborne in Melanie's eyes, that much was true. He moved his own arm around Melanie's, and before she was able to connect her punch, his arm pushed her own arm back. He used enough force to pull back her entire body.

"What the hell are you doing... You want to make things worse than what they already are?... Why don't you find a place to cool off, huh?... Get this.. Anger and frustration out of your head... And if you want to be a leader stop acting like a child..." Nathan had to point out his own views regarding the matter. A behaviour like that would perhaps even ruin the mood in the community. He wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. That's also why he spoke to her earlier to drill some sense into her, but it all seemed to be for nothing. Cooling off was probably for the best.

Letting go of her arm, he turned around, looking at Riley and Joe. "Better get back to the community.. And Joe.. Just to make sure, drop by at the medical clinic and have Alannah check up on you..." Glancing over at Melanie again, he continued so only she could hear him.

"Why don't you go kill some of those stragglers.. Those abominations.. There are plenty of those walking around..." Nathan expressed, giving her a simple suggestion. Once he was done talking, he turned around and joined Claiborne.

Once they were by the truck, Claiborne threw the keys to the ignition over to him. Catching them quite swiftly and easy with one hand, he responded. "Alright then.." Referring to him driving this team. Now in the driver seat, they were making their way back to the community. Nathan was quiet throughout most of the ride, listening to Claiborne and his speech about fear and demoting Melanie.

"Was it wise to just slap her?... Perhaps you both need a room to yourselves so you can talk things through and clear the air.. Whatever there is between the both of you... I dont want this to escalate.. I'd rather not take any actions myself..." He glanced over at Claiborne, before shifting his attention back at the road.

"I'll agree to this though... Demoting her might be for the best.. As much as I hate to say this, without control, one cannot become a good leader.. And right now... I dont see that in her... Besides.. She is too young for such responsibility." Once they approached the school, the people standing guard by the fences opened the gates which were also made with fences. Driving inside, he turned right before pushing the break pedal down.

Stopping the car and turning the ignition off. Sitting there for a second, he moved his attention over to Claiborne. "I'm gonna take a quick stop by the Medical Clinic.. But perhaps you and I should meet up by the operations room sooner rather than later.. Just call me through the radio." He suggested before opening up his door, shutting it behind him and turning around, bowing slightly so his head could be seen through the door's window.

"And Clay.. Stop smoking that shit already.." He smirked, making a small joke before walking away, looking over at some of the people in the community. Nodding his head in respect and care, as did they.

Stopping in his tracks again, he looked over at some of the people standing guard. Something quite important came to his mind, which needed to be addressed right there. "Guys.. If there are any strangers who approach the school.. Or people not part of this community... Call me on the radio immediately... Since I'm sure you all know by now that a group of people were seen by Stacey.. We dont know their agenda yet... But hopefully it's nothing bad.. Also.. don't let anyone through without my knowledge.. Or Clay's.." Giving them simple orders, he turned around opening the school door and walked inside. Nathan was making his way over to Alannah, to see how things were at the clinic.

Last edited:
Redhawk- Morgantown Plaza- Tyler, Scarlett Riley, Nathan

Nah, I'm fine, Nate. Don't worry about it. They were just scared. I don't blame them, you have to be In
This world. And the clinic? Sure thing, man.

Patting Nate on the back, Joe over to his friend Riley. The two got along great since Joe first joined. Joe playfully pushed Riley

"So, let's just make this clear, you hate bullies, right?

Smirk appeared on Redhawk ' s face. I'm this mad world, you need to be able to joke.

"Thanks for your concern, man. Look, in a way, I get why that treated the way they did. I get why that guy, what's his name? Wait, It was Hank, I think. I get why he's like that. Life's no picnic. You have to change to survive.

Redhawk would pause before adding more.

"But you can't lose yourself, not all the way. A man willing to cross any line to live is a man who is no different than one of those munchers .

Turning back Tyler and his group, he'd motion them to follow.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher@Wolverbells @Atomyk @-QT- @C.T.

Last edited:
Riley-Morgantown Plaza- Tyler, Scarlett, Nathan, Redhawk

It was indeed true that Redhawk had been one of the few people Riley felt comfortable approaching. Probably because he reminded Riley of Rufus and just how easy he was to speak to. Though Redhawk also seemed to be a lot more mentally sound that Rufus had ever been. But given that he saw the face of his bully from high school on the face of every walker, perhaps he didn't make the best judge in that regard. Reaching into the bag and pulling out the funions he'd claim for himself, he'd rip it open.

"..Don't like is too weak. I hate them. That man was a bully plain and simple. Should have done something to help. But there were so many people and I'm only one so simple math denotes I would have been the loser in that scenario. Along with you. So I waited until Mel stepped out. I was too far away to hear him but he didn't seem to be very nice to her."

He'd growl as he pulled out his mask and began scarfing the food down. Any idea of manners including not speaking with your mouth full was lost on the teenager.

"Change? Sounds like an excuse. I changed before all of this even happened. It's taken it's toll on me but I've survived well enough. Without needing to become a bully myself. I could never do that. Only see the world with two people. Useful people and bullies. If you're useful than you're most likely not a bully. But that Claiborne and Hank? Not nice men. Boils my blood up. She says what others won't say. Too cautious to say. But she's the one upon whom the figurative waste is dumped on. Not fair.." He'd say before quickly finishing off the bag as he crumpled it up into a little ball and tossed it behind him. What were they gonna do? Put him back in the center for littering?

"But you're a good man, Joe. Better than me anyway. This is just the ravings of a less than complete teen while munching down his primarily cornmeal made junk food. Shouldn't have to put up with it."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher@Wolverbells @Atomyk @-QT- @C.T.

Vincent- Morgan Town Plaza-Tobias

Grinning ear-to-ear as Tobias didn't seem to mind tagging along with him, the Tarantino fanboy followed in step with him. Gesticulating with his hands all the while.

Scream-2-1997-timothy-olyphant-22095306-200-200.jpg

"Circus? Hah! That's a joke if I've ever heard one. My partner Angeline and I have been for quite a while. She brushes up with the children every now and then about religious talk and god this and that. I help around and do what I can with repairs. But we're desperately lacking in some good comedic vibes in these parts. Not that there's really much to make light of but would be nice once in a while you know? From what I heard when I came out here, some serious stuff had gone down." He'd say before giving a shrug.

"...Eeeeeeh, nope. Can't say I ever heard of a guy matching that description. Sucks about his leg though. These shamblers are pretty slow but if you go about at the same pace with a whole bunch of them doesn't leave a whole lot to the imagination. Good on you for helping him out. If you did I mean."

@Doctor Smartass

Mel - Morgantown Plaza - Nathan, Claiborne, people with radios

And of course, the stuttering sycophant butt buddy Nathan interfered. The punch didn't connect and she was shoved back. She just continued to glare, head shaking almost imperceptibly as several thoughts ran through her mind. These two idiots. What have I done? Apart from defuse a possible kidnapping situation, stick it to some Southern fucking hick who abuses people and then retaliate in kind. Oh yeah, fucking punish me. Ground me, motherfuckers. If that heals your egos. She was disgusted with these two right now.

She stood there in silence, mulling it over. Only after several minutes had passed since the two had departed, did she finally uncurl her fingers from the stock of her gun. It could have gone a hell of a lot worse. Maybe I've been too lenient with this fucker. Southern hillbilly child beater. Hell, even lady beater if ya wanted to get technical. She exhaled.

"...Maybe that is a good idea." She finally said. Killing some of the damn lurkers. If things had continued on from there, she would have had no qualms about doing what needed to be done. Hell, it wasn't like she asked to get slapped. Fucker made that choice himself. The tension needed to be let out.

Besides, there was never too much perimeter checks. She pulled up her radio. "Mel here. Possible troublesome situation resolved." She glanced down at the way the truck had gone. "Maybe more soon. I dunno. Was gonna head out, try to kill some of the goddamn lurker pests skulking around. Thought I'd fucking ask if any of ya would want in." She cut off, slipping the radio into her pocket.​

Alannah - Morgantown clinic - Nathan

Although time passed, Anna couldn't find a way to control herself from the breakdown she was having. The men would be back soon, and any time that Nathan went out into town, he always came back to check on her. It was something that they both did whenever they'd go out into town.

Shakily, Anna got up from the floor and walked over to the mirror above the sink. She looked as if she had spent the entire day crying. Her hazel eyes now had red around them and they were slightly puffy. Her face was tear stained and she looked a bit pale. She tried everything to make herself seem as if maybe she had allergies, pulling her hair up into a pony tail and splashing some water on her face. It would have to do for now.

After a few more breathing exercises, the young woman walked over to the main clinic door and unlocked it, looking out into the hall as people started coming out of their rooms.

"They're here. They came alone though."

They. Anna felt relief wash over her and she began to make her way down the hallway, walking faster than normal. "Nathan!" She beamed at him and practically broke out into a run before crashing into him and hugging him tightly. "Are you okay? Is mister Borden okay? How did the group treat you guys?" As she asked him questions, she peered around him only to see Clay walking in the building. Alannah gave Clay a small smile before turning her attention back to Nathan. As their eyes met, her heart felt as if it was being crushed. "I.... I need to talk to you."

Anna led him down the main hallway, down to the clinic, listening to him fill her in on the details. She'd go see Clay after this to see what plans he had for the group.

Once they were in the clinic, Anna's hands began to shake and her eyes fought hard to hold back the tears that she had kept at bay. "Nathan...." She shut the door and turned to face him, trying to find the right words but failing. The tears spilled over and her bottom lip trembled as she wrapped her arms around herself. "I... I'm so sorry. I'm pregnant." As soon as the words left her mouth she wanted to die. She wanted the earth to swallow her hole and never let her come out again. She hoped for the best. She hoped that Nathan would be understanding. She wanted to keep it a secret as long as she could, but why did she have to go through this alone? If all else failed and Nathan decided to completely shut down on her or go MIA, she would go to Clay for help. For guidance. She had known that man for some time now and she had helped him when he first step foot inside this community. She needed someone to assure her that she'd be alright.

@Akashi

Samantha - Somewhere in Natchez- Hank's group

"They sent me out here with no one but a bunch of children. Real smart." Samantha parked the vehicle where Hank had told her to, and had been sitting there patiently waiting for the group to arrive. It wasn't that far out from where they had been to begin with, so it didn't surprise her when the people started arriving.

Although she had been rough with Scarlett, and Scarlett had nearly removed all of Sam's fingers by practically spartan kicking the door shut, she still scanned the crowd frantically, looking for her. "She's not there." Sam muttered, a bit of panic in her voice. She waited to for the group to get close enough to the vehicle for her to get off, weapon still in hand. She didn't know what had happened. If Hank just decided to shoot point blank and leave with everyone else. If the guy that owned the vehicle had attacked after she left and Scarlett had been hurt. She was panicking now, looking for Tyler amongst the group.

Nothing. No Tyler, no Katie, no Liam. Actually, there were a few missing from the group.

"Hank?" Sam turned around to walk over to where he and Floyd were, but she paid little attention to him. "Hey, Hank? Where's Scarlett?" She didn't want to come off as scared but she couldn't help the fear in her voice show as her words came out shakily. She had already lost her sister twice, she couldn't deal with it again. If Hank stated that she decided to go off, Sam would leave as well immediately. Her hate for Tyler was strong, but she needed her sister whenever things got hard.

Sam didn't wait until Hank finished his statement. All she needed to hear was that Scarlett had stayed behind and that was enough for her. "I'll be back." She practically hissed through clenched teeth as she turned around and cocked her pistol. She ignored the looks she got and even the cries from the children. Abram even made an attempt to stop Scarlett but she merely shrugged off his massive hand from her shoulder.

She didn't exactly know what she was going to do but she couldn't stay in within the large group while her anger spiked out of control. Samantha would come back to them only after she had calmed down, or found Scarlett and dragged her back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Josh M and Akashi
John Lennings - City of Natchez - Morgan Town, City of Natchez - Anyone

John nodded, then continued his way to Morgan Town. The leg brace helped him walk alot better, yet it looked as though he walked with a straight leg. It felt like hours, days even, the long walk through the City of Natchez to Morgan Town, a little suburban town in the city. He felt the silence, the eerie sound of air, the heat. But Route 84 was not a smart option: He noticed, just beforehand that there was a horde of Les Revenants walking up it. Who knows how many more there were past it though. So he went under the highway, moving out of the shade once in awhile to squint and look at the signs from above. It would be awhile until he found the town. Morgan Town. Nice name. But soon, he wouldn't need to know. Reports from Head Quarters... Or what their was of Headquarters, if their even is one anymore, is that the FELA outpost that was stationed near the town was requisitioning too much supplies.. Most stations had a limited supply, and would go down over two weeks if three pallets were issued. But this outpost had been calling in for more after 4 days. While now it didn't matter what the fuck they did with the supplies, he was still curious over what was using up so much, and being Head Quartermaster of the Cloverdale relief division. As he entered the city, he removed the M9 from his holster, walking into the city.

What he did see was a car passing, yet no attention was diverted to him. That CADPAT really did work. Or maybe because he hid in another direction from the view of the car. But what he did, was essentially follow the vehicle. It was a tough walk but he had made it to a parking lot, apparently situated behind a building, away where traffic would used to be. Yet as he rounded the corner, he saw that person. A woman, apparently, who was the one he saw pass by. It took him 3 seconds of a hard stare that he began yelling in French "Qui êtes-vous, descendez sur le terrain! Sur le sol, ne bougez pas!" He had this mental self-defense mechanism, see how they would react if somebody who was non government would act. She was a tango, yes, but she might not be one of the raiders. He pointed a finger at her, then down on the ground as the M9 kept at her. "Ne bougez pas. Rester en bas."

CNoToWQ.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson
Morgantown Community - Clinic
With: Alannah - Anyone

Finally inside the Morgantown community, he could see the rather serious expression plastered all around the hallway. The people of the community were probably expecting more than just him or Claiborne. Approaching the clinic he noticed Alannah by the door. A smile came across his mouth as they got closer to one another. She could see the worried expression. And hugged her back just as tightly, before a barrage of expected questions escaped her lips.

"Yes Anna.. We're fine.. We both are.." He smiled at her, but was a little surprised by how she approached him, as if something was wrong. As she asked about the group of strangers outside, he couldn't help but keep a few things from her. If anything, Nathan did not want her to get worried over something she shouldn't even think about. He moved her closer to him, before placing his hand on her head, caressing her head.

He gave her a kiss on her forehead. "The situation got a little out of hand but we're safe.. Everyone is safe.." Nathan re-assured her, feeling somewhat tense in his shoulder all of a sudden. Once his eyes met with Alannah's, he couldn't help but wonder if something else was going on. Perhaps something happened in the clinic while he was gone. "Is something the matter? Did something happen while I was gone?.." He questioned her, but didn't get the answer he wanted, but rather something important she wanted to share, but not in the hallway.

Following her, they both went back to the clinic. Once inside, he stopped right by the door. "What is going on, Anna?" He asked, but with a worried expression this time. The way she spoke in return, made it clear that something serious had occured. He held his radio in his hand. "Whats got you all riled up?..." Silence echoed throughout the clinic room for seconds before he heard the news. A simple word, that held both power and consequence behind it. Alannah was pregnant. With Nathan's child.

In that very moment, Nathan was quiet, still as a statue, his hazel eyes gazing at the woman before him. She was not handling it well, but given the situation no one could. Not in the world they lived in. It was not a place for a new child. It was a devastating thought in his mind. He wanted to ask her how or when it happened. He was both happy and confused at the same time. It felt as if someone twisted his stomach. "You.. Your..." Nathan looked at her. All kinds of feelings, consequences, how to survive with a baby in the torn up world ran through his mind.

He had self-control. He was aware, but at the same time, Nathan wanted to just leave the room, but looking at Alannah, and how terrified she was, the tears running down her cheeks, the way her body trembled, he couldn't help but be there for someone he loved. "Hey.." He softly added, before he quickly got close to her. Slightly crouching to have his gaze meet with hers. "I'm still here alright.. I'm not going anywhere." He continued, holding both her arms.

"Hey hey... If we're having a baby.. We'll make do okay?.." He tried to comfort her but at the same time, these very questions was something he also asked himself. At the moment he just had to be by her side. "Talk to me Anna.." Nathan wanted her to feel safe, feel at ease, because every word that escaped his lips held value and the truth. He meant every single word.

There were plenty of people with their kids in the community. Nathan had to think positively. He wanted this to work, but the one main question he had spinning in his mind was something he just couldn't bring out. His own eyes become somewhat teary, before he hugged her as tight as he could. Kissing her on the head countless' times. "We'll be fine.. The baby will be fine.. I'll make sure of it.." He stated clearly.

It was all clear to him now. The reason why Alannah was nauscious in the morning. How she almost never had an appetite. Her rocky attitude from time to time. "Who else knows about this.." He asked, quite curiously. It was more of a question about her telling Claiborne this. Nathan wanted Alannah to share whatever that was on her mind with him first rather than the old man, even if he knew the type of relationship Claiborne has with her.

Redhaw-- Morgantown community - clinic

Riley Anna and Nathan

"I'm not sure how good I really am, but thanks, buddy."

Redhawk would turn his head slightly, as the two friends walked towards the clinic.

"Clay is just old. He doesn't know better. I wouldn't let he bother you. Personal, I'm cool with him. I think I could do a better job than him, but that's not my call. I trust Nate and Mel. Nate ' s a good man, and Mel is tough as nails.

Despite is own political goals, Joe knew where he stood, and was cool with it. Smirking and Riley, he'd open the Clinic's door. To Joe's surprise, Nate And Anna were having a moment. When he looked at the two, Joe saw the worry between the two.

Hey, everything cool, you two?"

Samantha - Natchez - John Lennings

To say that Samantha had taken the news, of her sister choosing Tyler, bad was an understatement. At the moment, she just needed to sort out her feelings and think clearly. She hadn't exactly had thought things through since the moment that she arrived to Baton Rouge.

Unfortunately, things weren't going to work out in her favor. They never did. The voice of a man broke the silence and she jumped, startled, her eyes scanning the area until they locked down on the source. The man was aiming at her already which caused Sam to take a few steps back, eyes wide as if a deer caught in headlights. Not wanting to get shot, she lifted her hands, but her right one still held her beretta.

'What the fuck is he saying?'

Sam stared at the man, clueless as to what the words he spoke meant. "What?!" She shook her head, wanting to show the stranger that she didn't know what he was saying. That didn't work. All she kept hearing was a different language and all she kept seeing was a semi-automatic pointed right at her. "Please sir. I don't understand you."

Since he was too far, she'd have to play the innocent girl until he got close enough.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

Alannah - Morgantown Clinic - Nathan

All of Anna's fears seemed to come true as Nathan suddenly froze. No words, no emotions in his face. He just froze. This only made things worse for Anna and the tears came out in streams as her anxiety only worsened. He was going to leave. Leave her to do this by herself, and although she did have medical experience, she had no idea what to do here. "I'm so sorry." She breathed, wishing he could just leave so she could break down completely.

She was taken by surprise when Nathan came down to her level and tried to comfort her. As if she wasn't already emotional enough, this only made it worse. She nodded at his words and wrapped her arms around Nathan's waist, sobbing onto his chest. She didn't expect this kind of reaction from him. At least not today. She thought he would need more time to process everything. "I haven't told anyone." Anna spoke into his shirt, focusing on her breathing so she could talk to him.

After she had calmed down, Alannah took a step back and looked up at Nathan, frowning, wishing there was another way around this. "I really am sorry. I just found out today... From the math I did, I'm about three weeks. Almost a month."

@Akashi

Jake and Andy - Morgantown, Outside of the Clinic - Anybody around

-Minor Flashback-

Jake cocked his left eyebrow, looking at Alannah for a moment. "Are you okay?" he asked, personally feeling that she looked somewhat worried about something. She didn't answer his question, however, so he didn't press. She kindly asked that he might bring her chocolates during his next run, so he agreed with a nod. "It's a promise. I'll see what I can find whenever I'm out." Jake didn't really like traveling outside of their settlement; although he was the big and strong type, Jake wasn't fond of violence--even if it was toward the dead-heads.

When Alannah offered the them pain killers, Andy reached out to take them, but his hand was pushed away by Jake--who quickly snatched them up instead. "Thanks, I'll be the one in charge of these," he said, eyeing Andy with a smile. The boy rolled his eyes and got up, wandering toward the door. Jake would've stayed a little longer to ask Alannah some questions, but she seemed hopeful that they might leave, and Andy seemed as if he wanted to get out of there anyhow. The man thanked her one last time and headed out.

-End Flashback-

Once in the halls of the building, Andy turned and immediately kicked Jake in the shin. Surprised, the man yelped and took a couple steps back. "Hey! What was that for?"

"That was for you making me come in here! I could've handled it on my on, I told you that. You have no right to make me do anything I don't want to do. You're not my father! And you won't even tell me the truth about what happened to my mother, so I don't even want to listen to you."

The boy boldly stepped forward, reaching out to snatch one of the packets of pain relievers from his uncle. "And you don't have to watch me with these. I know how to take them. I'm not five."

After grabbing one of the packets, Andy whirled away from Jake and took off running, quickly heading out of the building. Jake immediately began to go after him, but slowed when he felt a pain shoot up his leg where Andy had kicked him. Damn, for a kid, he can sure kick hard.

Deciding he wouldn't bother chasing the boy for now, Jake stopped running and stayed within Morgantown's halls, placing a hand over his face--looking glum.

Look at me. I'm good for nothing. I can't even make the kid happy. I didn't volunteer to join the scouting team just to look after Andy, but clearly he doesn't want me to do that. I need to find something to do with my time that's... actually worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.