The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley-Natchez, Morgantown Plaza.

Riley had made sure to stay back and take what refuge he could behind an abandoned car left on the highway after seeing what had happened to the one in the truck. He had noticed that they forced him to hold his hands up and step away from the vehicle. He couldn't quite make out what they had said but he could only assume that they wanted the truck he had rode in on. This didn't strike him as the best idea. It also reminded him of something that he loathed, that he detested!

It reminded him of how his bully back in high school often had those close to him to try and back him up or laugh at jokes that weren't even all that funny to begin with. The jokes that made a laughingstock out of everything that Riley stood for and cared about. The ones that still haunted him long after he murdered the bastard in cold blood.

At the moment he was supposed to be nothing more than a scavenger who carried over his shoulder a CVS bag full of non-nutritious junkfoods and medication for those who might have needed it. But his other hand began to tremble as if it was pleading with him to reach for his Glock. But there were so many in the group and so many who have been just people wanting to get on by and had to put up with this kind of behavior.

But Riley had seen people like those back in high school as well and did they get any retribution for tagging along with a bully? He didn't think so!

"I hate bullies.."

He thought to himself and as the one who put his own bully six feet under, he saw that it'd only be fitting if he tried to help out the man in the truck. That was only of course if the situation didn't defuse itself nonviolently. But Riley's patience with such things was short. He really didn't like bullies.

@Hershey Truck Group @Josh M @Atomyk @Wolverbells @-QT-

John Redhawk- Morgantown Plaza - Tyler, Scarlett, Hank, Floyd and Group

"Just passing through, yet you treat me like a prisoner."

Sooner than John could realize , everything seemed to go bad. This guy barking order at him? He seemed to the leader. However, as much as John appreciated not being killed, they were going to steal his truck! In his heart of heart, John wanted to help the group, but stealing supplies from his own group? That would just seal the deal on being enemies.

"Hey wait! Look, my people don't want any issues, and neither do you. But if you steal my truck and my supplies, you think they'll be nice.? That it won't start shit? I want to help, man. Believe it or not, I want to help all of you. Maybe we can work this out. We're not enemies, yet."

@Atomyk @Wolverbells @-QT- @Lady Myst

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
CNoToWQ.jpg

Nathan "Nate" Davidson
Morgantown Plaza
With: Clay - Alannah - Anyone

He felt a relief when Alannah had to stay back. Even if he did notice a boy in need of a doctor passing by them. He knew quite well who the father was, as well as the boy. He knew almost everyone in the community, which did not come as a surprise given his position in the community. With only Claiborne now, he picked up his radio. "Alright, Stace. We're on our way." Reassuring her that both Nathan and Claiborne were comin. Jumping into one of the community vehicles with Claiborne, the sudden question before they started to drive towards the Morgantown Plaza did not come as a surprise.

Nathan knew the type of relationship Claiborne had with Alannah, and if anything were to happen to her because of him, he'd get in trouble. The relationship question, for some reason, in the back of his mind, he knew it was coming. Shifting his attention towards him, he spoke up. "With what the world has become?.." He rhetorically started, looking at the old man. "Things are going well between us. We're taking it one step at a time..."

The question asked by Claiborne was something Nathan did not mind. He was glad to see Alannah have someone else beside Nathan to care for her. His attention moved back to the road ahead. 'We're coping...' His expression was serious, as that single thought lingered through his mind. Alannah was very understanding. They both had lost someone since before the outbreak, and even if she could see through him in some cases, where his mind was wandering of, thinking about his assumingly dead fiancé, she still accepted him for who he was, and so did he.

He felt Claiborne's hand on his shoulder. Shifting his attention slightly towards the man, he listened to what he had to say. They were indeed survivors, that was always the priority, especially in the world they lived in. Not even the living could be trusted, especially not strangers. Before he could give him a response the conversation was cut short. They had reached the plaza. Getting out of the vehicle, Claiborne used the radio to relay that they've arrived.

While they were waiting, Nathan just had to finish their conversation from back in the vehicle."I get it Clay... You dont have to drill that thought into me.. I know what needs to be done in order to stay alive.. If I didnt, you'd see me walking amongst the dead.." Nathan felt some displeasure by how Claiborne expressed his opinion, but was again, understanding, but felt the need to at least tell him that his mind and focus is always about surviving and keeping their people safe and sound.

A few moments passed before Claiborne presented his idea. Even if Nathan trusted the man, his idea was quite risky. From what Stacey had told them over the radio, the group of people ahead was big. And during his earlier days after the outbreak, there were people who would do anything to get what they wanted, even kill the living. Every man and woman was out for themselves. The weather was quite hot. The sun was burning the surface. Sweat was generating on his forehead, ever so slightly. Wiping it of, he tilted his head towards the sky, keeping his hand horizontally over his eyes to create some shade for his sight.

Claiborne posed a question, wondering if Nathan did something. "Your cigar maybe.." He continued jokingly, with a smile on his face. If anything Claiborne was a man who never went anywhere without his cigars. Back to the actual business at hand, he felt that it was the right time to give his opinion on the matter, and Claiborne's idea. "But do you think its wise?.. We can't trust them.. And their group is quite huge.. We should also establish the type of people they are before doing anything..." He started, looking around in his vicinity.

"If we're going out there as you suggested, then you better hope that they are the type of people who listen to reason and not the weapons in their hands.." Nathan finished. If Claiborne's idea were to fail, they'd definetely know what kind of people they'd be. He was also curious as to where they came from, and who they were. One thing was sure. They were also survivors just like them.

@-QT- @Atomyk @Wolverbells

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M
Alannah - Morgantown Clinic - Jake and Andy

Taking the braces off themselves wasn't the hard part. The tough part would be removing the stuff that the dentist's used to keep them on the teeth. Within ten minutes, she had them off, would have been sooner if she had actually known what she was doing. "Okay…. You might feel a great relief now because they aren't there to tug on your teeth and pull them together. Now it's just a matter of getting this stuff off, she gestured towards the hard substance over the teeth."

The young woman turned and looked around, her eyes scanning the room until she found something she could work with. "I'll do as much as possible from here but I'm not making promises… Hey, Can you go to the top cabinets and get me a bottled water?" She turned to Jake and smiled a bit embarrassed as she pointed to which cabinet it was. She never had tall people around so it would be nice for once if she didn't have to jump to get one.

While Jake got the water, Anna grabbed the bucket and sat it next to the young man. "Okay, I'm going to need you to rinse and spit in this bucket, alright? Just a few more minutes more….and sweetheart, you are a kid in my eyes. If you weren't I wouldn't be doing this for you."

----------------------------------------

While working on scraping down the substance, Anna began to feel weird. She had been going at it for only about fifteen minutes when her stomach began to feel uneasy and she could feel a bit of sweat on her forehead. She had felt this as well in the morning, but it went away as soon as she had felt it. She brushed it off and kept doing whatever she was doing. Now it came back and it was a bit stronger.

"Give me a moment." Anna practically whispered as she took a step back and let the boy rinse. She sat down her tools and looked around the room, feeling a wave of nausea come over her. She had barely ate that day, so she had nothing to throw up; Instead, she decided to go lay down in cot next to where the boy was laying down. "I'm sorry guys... I think I've done just about as much as I can do." Anna closed her eyes as she focused on her breathing, feeling the horrible sensation pass.

Scarlett, Samantha, and Aubrey – Morgantown Plaza – Hank and the group

Everything seemed to have been moving too fast. Scarlett didn't have time to think things through before Hank and Floyd went after the man that was inside the truck. "Tyler, I don't like this." She muttered, turning to him and looking at him for answers. Her anger had practically disappeared and she was now scared, wishing he was at his best to be able to take a stand.

"You. Scarlett right?"

Scarlett's heart sunk as she turned to look at Hank, wishing the ground would swallow her whole. He wanted her to leave with the kids, in the man's truck who they had no clue about. "I….. um…" Scarlett was speechless but did as she was told, guiding the kids over to the truck. Samantha followed suit, helping her sister load the children without hesitation. The last kid was Katie, still clinging on to her father's leg. It broke Scarlett to have to separate them again and nearly brought tears to her eyes.
"Scarlett, you have to go. Go get Katie." Samantha's voice was loud and clear but it practically went in one ear and went out the other.

"I can't leave him. I won't." Scarlett turned to Hank and looked down at the man as he spoke for the first time. "Hank… Do we really have to do this? This man might have a family and we're taking away from them. He's got a point as well. If we take the vehicle and the supplies, those people might retaliate. We don't have that kind of firepower and we don't know how many people they have." Scarlett knew what she was doing. She might as well have dug her own grave, but this didn't feel right to her. "Scar, what are you doing let's go!" Samantha scolded her, sounding impatient. She wasn't one to play games or ask questions first.

The sisters glared at each other for a moment before Samantha groaned and rolled her eyes, walking around the vehicle and hopping in driver's seat. "You're doing this because of him? Let me tell you something, he's going to end up fucking you and leaving you as soon as he gets better." Scarlett turned to Samantha, eyes wide in surprise for what she had just said. Her anger sparked at that moment and she stomped off over to the truck, ignoring everyone else. Sam was already inside with the truck running, and barely had enough time to react to Scarlett kicking the door shut on her. "Go." Scarlett practically growled at Samantha, glaring at her before turning around and walking back to Tyler's side.

There was an eerie silence, not helping with the tension that Scarlett had just created. Or added to, since Hank had already set the mood. A young woman that had stayed silent and alone for most of the time they spent traveling finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "I heard something....."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Atomyk and Josh M
Tobias - City of Natchez - Wal-Mart

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be.jpg

The Apocalypse brought out the best in some and the worst in others, instincts and gifts surging from the most unlikely people under duress. Good men became heroes. Bad men became worse...Sometimes it was the other way around. And then you had those who merely saw current events as just another day at work as an unusual sight strode out, silent as the wind....And dressed to the nines, in a well-tended, if slightly worn suit. He stared at John briefly, scrutinizing his condition before making his move.

He moved like a cobra, all speed and little action wasted, as he lashed out with a kick to the back of the living-impaired personages knee, sending it stumbling down before a solid hand gripped the back of its head as he smashed it down to the ground with enough force to splatter it...Showing a disconcerting lack of apprehension at the fact he did so.

He cleaned his hand, turning to stare at John before speaking in a slow drawl.

"I can look over your leg...I'm a medic. Do you trust me?"

@ResistingTheEnlightened

Lia - Natchez, Morgantown - Becky

Scoffing, Lia eyed up the pretty little utility knife the blonde woman showed her. Although questioning Becky about a weapon was a feeble attempt to make her leave, part of Lia hoped that it would still work. "I guess that'll do," she flatly muttered, averting her gaze from Becky a moment afterwards.

As she began to make her way toward the exit of their sanctuary, Lia found herself cringing along the way. Apparently, Becky was either hard of hearing or just enjoyed ignoring people when they requested her not to speak so much. The girl rambled so fast that it was hard for her to keep up with what she was saying into her audio log so, for the most part, Lia didn't bother to keep up with her chatter. She did, however, catch bits and pieces of the speech that were a bit hard to ignore. Grumbling, Lia adjusted her hat--a bit of a flustered blush spreading over her cheeks as she caught the bit Becky recorded about Lia talking to herself. Why exactly what that something important to note?

Note to self: Get a hold of Becky's tape and erase that part later. Or, better yet, find a lake to throw it in.

Still, with Lia's luck, even if she got rid of Becky's tape by throwing it into a lake, or something, she'd still managed to get it back somehow and it would probably still work. Either way, the tape recorder would likely live to annoy Lia another day. Yay.

But another thing that bugged her about Becky's rambling was that she seemed to yammer on about copious amounts of information--as if she were bragging about all that she knew. Lia got the picture already. Becky was an annoying blonde, but she was smart. Still, that didn't mean she wasn't the only smart one...

"Alsatian? More like, Alastian Wolf Dog if you want to go into specifics," Lia quietly said as if to display a small flicker of her own knowledge. Lia actually knew a lot about animals. Before all Hell broke loose, she had intended on going to school to become a veterinarian, a zoo keeper, or an animal trainer. She really hadn't worked out all the details yet.

Immediately after speaking to her, Lia regretted it. The fact she had encouraged her to possibly speak more wasn't a good thing. So Lia tried to remain quiet until she absolutely had to speak again. Sadly, it wasn't very long before she actually did have to speak again.

"No, no, we'll be fine," Lia quickly responded when Becky made the suggestion of inviting Joe and Sam to go with them. "I have a weapon and you have a weapon. Not to mention, Renegade will help us out if we run into trouble. You've seen how he is. He's very well trained. You just need to be more careful. You can't talk as much or something dead might hear you. You don't have to record everything on that recorder, do you?" she wondered, unsure why some of nonsense she chattered about was even important to record.

@OrlandoBloomers

----

Jake and Andy - Morgantown Clinic - Alannah

With watering eyes and a hard stare, Andy focused on Jake. The boy wasn't happy, not one bit. Jake put a hand on Andy's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Andy ignored the touch, however, only looking at him with frustration and venom. Uncomfortable with this look, Jake glanced up to Alannah and watched her work until she was entirely finished.

"Oh, thank you so much," Jake told the woman, sighing in relief. "How does his mouth look? He doesn't have an infection or anything, does he?" he questioned.

"I don't feel too much of a relief," Andy complained, reaching up to rub his mouth when Alannah was done touching him.

"Well, it will start feeling better pretty soon, Andy. You should thank this woman for helping you out."

Grumbling, Andy averted his gaze from the two adults. "Yeah, thanks I guess," he grudingly replied.

"Oh, don't worry about making any promises," Jake answered. Nodding when the young woman asked him to grab a bottled water, Jake moved over to grab one from the cabinet at ease. He then returned to Andy and Alannah, offering the bottle to Andy. "You heard the lady. Rinse, okay?"

"Fine," Andy mumbled, opening he bottle so he could rinse.

Jake rubbed the back of his head and looked at Alannah. "Sorry about Andy. He's just a little cranky sometimes." Honestly, that was an understatement. The boy didn't have very good manners at all. Jake, however, was very kind and well-mannered. "Is there anything I can do to repay you for your help?" he offered.

@Wolverbells

Reactions: Wolverbells
John Lennings - City of Natchez - Halfway to U.S. 84 - Tobias, Anyone

Under the intense sun taking a beating out of John, yet the momentary clouds passing over did John have the instinct to atleast crawl to the side, where the trees provided little to moderate help. John grabbed the knife again, keeping it in his lap. Nothing could possibly make this day worse as not having a camp, or not having any safe place to be. It was a living Hell already with Les Revenants, he didn't want to continue having sleepless nights because of no possibility of peace time. So to pass the time, he unpacked the bag from his pack, planning to eat from one of the cans of ravioli. He grabbed the knife, and took a deep stab right in the middle, pulled it out a little, then bent it upwards. He cleaned the knife, simply by licking it: He couldn't let the tasting just go away. He sighed calmly, still feeling the throb of the pain in his knee, quickly beginning to dig in.

It might have been good, but only because he was damned hungry, but through a stuffed mouth did he speak out in French "Je ne peux pas croire que les Américains mangent ce... It's all factory made.. Tastes of cardboard and medicated meat.." He continued eating, and while he wasn't even paying attention, did he hear the faint noise of grass being disturbed. It quickly caused him to freeze, and observe his surroundings. He looked around, fear and adrenaline telling him to run, yet curiosity told him to observe, wait and stay. And it was then were he saw Tobias. He placed the dagger into its respective sheath, before removing the M9, pointing it at him as he cocked the pistol. "Tu t'apelles comment? Qui est-tu?" The French Canadian spoke out, obviously not intent into making friends out of strangers.

Keeping the M9 pointed though, he did hear Tobias ask to treat John. Untrustworthy, yet much needed, he waved the pistol toward his knee and back up. The smooth, yet gruff voice that came out had an accent to it that was neither stron nor light, but noticeable of the French Canadian. "I need a knee brace. Rest. It is what will save me. And that brace. Surgery is unacceptable in this circumstance. Gain my trust through that."​

Reactions: Atomyk
Tyler - Morgantown Plaza Road

He watched the events unfold before him silently, the only indication of his thoughts on the matter being made with his grip on Katie's hand tightening. Something about the way Hank avoided his gaze made Tyler believe he thought he'd be against this, but in truth, Tyler had no real opinion. Some of the others, however, seemed more inclined to be against this decision. Becca in particular pushed forward and snapped, "What the hell, man?" while Caleb and those around him seemed to go still as statues. Scarlett also seemed against the idea, which made Tyler more annoyed than anything. He didn't want to go against Hank right now, or at any point, really. Hank was one of the precious few people who were likely more indifferent toward him than outright despising him, and Tyler needed a few people around who might not be willing to take a little girl's father away. Still, Scarlett took priority over Hank any day, and so Tyler stood still and held on to Katie, practically daring the others to try and take her from him.

"Becca, stand down," Jon quickly said, attempting to shut the girl down. "Think of the kids." He gestured with his gun for Scarlett to get moving with the children, but she was obviously hesitant to do so. "Look, the decision has been made. We have to go now before they retaliate. This is the best thing we can do for the kids!" Tyler did not feel Jon or Hank were wrong in this matter, but that didn't matter now. Even as the others begrudgingly began to move, Tyler kept Katie at his side, watching as Scarlett decided to rebel. He couldn't help but smirk slightly as his girl spoke her mind. That was the good thing about Scarlett, she didn't anyone's bullshit, not even his own.

Of course, then her twin sister began to open her mouth and spill out bullshit of her own. A familiar emotional ebb flowed through him, his nostrils flaring in anger. Tyler's eyes narrowed on the girl's back as she climbed into the truck, imagining for a moment how it would feel to yank her out by her hair and throw her to the ground. She did not know him. She did not know a fucking thing about him. He spent so much time helping Scarlett find this bitch of a sister, and this is how he was repaid? With scorn and derision?

For one brief moment, Tyler wished he had a gun. He'd intentionally gone without one to avoid making anyone fearful, but putting the fear into a few of these people would have been a delight.

When Hank turned to him, Tyler swallowed, trying to mask his sudden anger. "We're staying out of it," he muttered, his voice sounding dry. His hand around Katie began to brush at her hair, a rather unconscious move on his part. "We'll follow, but we won't be making use of those supplies."

Following this, one of the group mentioned hearing something, and everyone looked around awkwardly, unsure what to do. Abram, who'd watched this all without input, gestured down the road. "We need to move. Now. Right or not, it's been done, and I refuse to get into a shoot out exposed like this."

Last edited:
Brian- Coffee Shop-Sam

Brian's run lasted for 20 minutes at least, his breath was steady and Simon bounced slightly as he ran. Lucky managed to keep steady pace with his master, his untrimmed claws clapping against the cement. Finally coming to a quick and blunt stop, Simon's body slammed into Brian's inner arms.

"Sorry Simon..." stated Brian as he patted the top of his cats head. Simon only looked annoyed, his face formed in a almost displeased expression. Simon blinked with every pat. Brian's gaze was set on a two story coffee stop, he was far to close to the door and window to notice the figure in the window on the top floor, noticing that the windows in front where still intact and that the glass and wood door was still standing, Brian guessed the coffee shop still held some sort of resources inside. Or so he hoped. Placing his cat onto the ground, Brian spoke in a hushed voice to his animals.

"Okay, so were going to go inside in a moment. Both of you need to be alert me of any dangers I might not see, okay?" asked Brian to his animals. His animals where his best friends, and as much as he hated using them, they were all he had. Lucky quietly barked in response, while Simon licked his paw for a moment, before finally meowing in agreement.

"Okay, let me just see if any Eaters will come to me tapping the glass." Brian said to himself as he moved his backpack into a position he could grab his flash light from it with it on his shoulders. Gripping its handle, he slowly pulled it from his bag, and zipped it up. Tapping its thick handle against the glass, he waited for anything inside to be alerted.

@OrlandoBloomers

Under the intense sun taking a beating out of John, yet the momentary clouds passing over did John have the instinct to atleast crawl to the side, where the trees provided little to moderate help. John grabbed the knife again, keeping it in his lap. Nothing could possibly make this day worse as not having a camp, or not having any safe place to be. It was a living Hell already with Les Revenants, he didn't want to continue having sleepless nights because of no possibility of peace time. So to pass the time, he unpacked the bag from his pack, planning to eat from one of the cans of ravioli. He grabbed the knife, and took a deep stab right in the middle, pulled it out a little, then bent it upwards. He cleaned the knife, simply by licking it: He couldn't let the tasting just go away. He sighed calmly, still feeling the throb of the pain in his knee, quickly beginning to dig in.

It might have been good, but only because he was damned hungry, but through a stuffed mouth did he speak out in French "Je ne peux pas croire que les Américains mangent ce... It's all factory made.. Tastes of cardboard and medicated meat.." He continued eating, and while he wasn't even paying attention, did he hear the faint noise of grass being disturbed. It quickly caused him to freeze, and observe his surroundings. He looked around, fear and adrenaline telling him to run, yet curiosity told him to observe, wait and stay. And it was then were he saw Tobias. He placed the dagger into its respective sheath, before removing the M9, pointing it at him as he cocked the pistol. "Tu t'apelles comment? Qui est-tu?" The French Canadian spoke out, obviously not intent into making friends out of strangers.

Keeping the M9 pointed though, he did hear Tobias ask to treat John. Untrustworthy, yet much needed, he waved the pistol toward his knee and back up. The smooth, yet gruff voice that came out had an accent to it that was neither stron nor light, but noticeable of the French Canadian. "I need a knee brace. Rest. It is what will save me. And that brace. Surgery is unacceptable in this circumstance. Gain my trust through that."​
"Comme tu veux. Je l'ai peu à la manière de médicaments de nos jours. Il semble que chacun fouilla dans walmart déjà."

Was the casual reply as he slung his bag down and rummaged through before picking out from his bag, what looked to be part of a wooden broom once, gauging the length with a keen eye before moving to do so. As he did, he spoke.

"You're walking on that leg alone. Tells me quite a few things as it is- If you want to repay me for saving your life and some bullets, you can give me directions to the nearest settlement. You may wish to bite down on something."

He cinched the brace tight with the ease of one who had done it many times before, as he moved to the side, and used a bowie knife to saw off a tree branch and fashion it into a crutch as his hand flashed with disturbing ease.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

Mel- Morgantown Plaza- John, Tyler, Scarlett, Hank, Floyd and Group

"...Well shit."

She commented, pinching the bridge of her nose in exasperation. Several other scouting parties had reported in on the sequence of events. These newcomers coming in, then Redhawk coming up behind them with his truck and now, apparently commandeering his vehicle and holding him. "So much for not yet hostile." She sighed, glancing over her shoulder. Well, there was still no shooting she had heard yet, so there was possibly a chance left of defusing this complicated mess. Claiborne said he'd handle it but...well, the more leaders talking this out, the better.

Or if the worst came to pass, the more people ready to kill these newcomers. Besides, fuck that guy. Her blades were safely hidden on her person but there could be no taking of chances. She grabbed a sidearm, a Beretta 92FS Inox, making sure the safety was on and sliding it into the back waistline of her pants, covering it back up with her shirt and jacket. With a quick toss of her half eaten apple into the trash, she made her way out, swearing under her breath every step of the way.

She quickly dropped into the seat of her rusty four door car, starting it up and navigating slowly down the way. Keen to not make too much noise for any walker trash and very very keen to not spook these guys any more then they seemed to be already. Once close enough to the ongoing less than stellar first meeting, she quickly shut the engine down again and popped the door open. She stepped out calmly, holding her hands up near her head with open palms directed at them all in an attempt to calm the mood.

"Hey there." She started cautiously.

Her eyes shifting from person to person, scanning them all in a second before moving to the next. "Let's just take it easy, hmm? No need to do anything rash." She glanced at Redhawk. "Or something more fucking rash than that, at least. I'm sure none of us here want a shoot out. Casualties on both sides, noise attracting more of those freaks. We don't want that, right?"

@Atomyk @Akashi @Josh M @-QT- @Wolverbells @Lady Myst

Riley- Morgantown Plaza- John, Tyler, Scarlett, Hank, Floyd and Group

Riley really wasn't liking how this situation was going. Redhawk was still being detained by the bully and that was grinding Riley's gears more than anything. But he knew that were he come out now baring his glock, all he'd do is invite them to deem him a hostile and open fire. Then he'd be dead and nowhere closer to finding Rufus out there in this place. Someday, somewhere he'd find that crazy son of a bitch.

But he had no intention of getting closer at the moment. He didn't want to run the risk of losing control and hallucinating again. Like he did with every single walker that he fought. They all looked like him and it knocked Riley off his game. Made him more prone to aggressive behavior which wouldn't do him wonders when taking on a group that may or may not have had quite a bit of guns themselves. Not to mention having a potential hostage in the form of Redhawk.

But wait there was a new development! One of the leaders from the community he belonged to had stepped out here! From the time he had spent in the community, he tried to sort out which people in this community would be useful and who would end up being an obstacle to him and the ones he deemed useful. This one had quite an attitude on her though. It was one that Riley could respect at least however. She seemed like the type to stand up to bullies and that was more than he could ask of from anybody.

He'd still watch closely however until the situation either calmed itself down or he had to fight. But the funions in this bag of his were starting to look awfully tasty. No! He had to get them back to the community along with these pills.

@C.T. @Atomyk @Akashi @Josh M @-QT- @Wolverbells @Lady Myst

Reactions: Josh M and Akashi
"Comme tu veux. Je l'ai peu à la manière de médicaments de nos jours. Il semble que chacun fouilla dans walmart déjà."

Was the casual reply as he slung his bag down and rummaged through before picking out from his bag, what looked to be part of a wooden broom once, gauging the length with a keen eye before moving to do so. As he did, he spoke.

"You're walking on that leg alone. Tells me quite a few things as it is- If you want to repay me for saving your life and some bullets, you can give me directions to the nearest settlement. You may wish to bite down on something."

He cinched the brace tight with the ease of one who had done it many times before, as he moved to the side, and used a bowie knife to saw off a tree branch and fashion it into a crutch as his hand flashed with disturbing ease.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

"Haha, oui, oui!" John laughed somewhat nervously, the M9 slowly coming down as he held it tightly, still even if it was on his lap. As he calmed down, he heard and analysed the voice: Typical. He was an American. He had that accent whenever Americans spoke his language. It made him laugh. "I'm walking with it, which is fine. Yet even so, it causes pain after long times." He would listen in to Tobias's offer. "I am not from here. Quebec. I would not know where the settlements are.. I did know of the many locations the Americans had in this area. Outposts. That uh.. FELA? Yes, FELA outposts, and the Army checkpoints." He didn't give much out of that, especially his knowledge of the Army bases. He shuddered and talked nonchalantly.

Almost immediately when he tightened the makeshift brace, John grimaced and groaned the clenched teeth. Through it all, did he continue finishing the can of ravioli and left it to the side. So a makeshift leg brace. It'd help a little bit more, with the walk and all. He stood up after a few moments, then holstered the M9. "I am sorry. I have no information of that sort. I simple manage.." He placed the assault pack on his back, then nodded, correcting the black beret on his head. "Be wary, stranger. I thank you for your help... I have heard of a place.. Morgantown, I believe they call it. It's past Route 84... You could try heading there. You would make a good medic." John smiled, then nodded his head. "Au Revouir, mon ami. Bonne chance."​

"Haha, oui, oui!" John laughed somewhat nervously, the M9 slowly coming down as he held it tightly, still even if it was on his lap. As he calmed down, he heard and analysed the voice: Typical. He was an American. He had that accent whenever Americans spoke his language. It made him laugh. "I'm walking with it, which is fine. Yet even so, it causes pain after long times." He would listen in to Tobias's offer. "I am not from here. Quebec. I would not know where the settlements are.. I did know of the many locations the Americans had in this area. Outposts. That uh.. FELA? Yes, FELA outposts, and the Army checkpoints." He didn't give much out of that, especially his knowledge of the Army bases. He shuddered and talked nonchalantly.

Almost immediately when he tightened the makeshift brace, John grimaced and groaned the clenched teeth. Through it all, did he continue finishing the can of ravioli and left it to the side. So a makeshift leg brace. It'd help a little bit more, with the walk and all. He stood up after a few moments, then holstered the M9. "I am sorry. I have no information of that sort. I simple manage.." He placed the assault pack on his back, then nodded, correcting the black beret on his head. "Be wary, stranger. I thank you for your help... I have heard of a place.. Morgantown, I believe they call it. It's past Route 84... You could try heading there. You would make a good medic." John smiled, then nodded his head. "Au Revouir, mon ami. Bonne chance."​
"Same."

He said simply, handing over the finished crutch and slinging his bag over his shoulder as he turned and headed for the direction indicated. Might be a bit of a walk, but no matter.

Apart from the Living Impaired People, the raiders and who knows what else, this was actually pretty peaceful.

Hank and Floyd - Morgantown Plaza - Everybody

It had all just become chaotic when individuals shouted out their disapproval of Hank's decision. The man just stared at them without any real facial features. He truly just looked confused, but that was his common face now - no emotion. Floyd continued to guard native american, gun prepared to fire from any sign of attack.

Ignoring the others, Hank made his way to Samantha who understood the situation and climbed into the truck. The children were being loaded by some of the other group members - who's names were unknown. There were just too many to remember.

"Like I said, get down to the last intersection and wait for us. If anything is to happen, retreat to the superstore and wait for us there instead," Hank explained. The girl was young, but was obviously on his side. She even put down her identical twin, showing no adversity. After the girl started the truck and began down the road, Abram spoke in acceptance of getting out of this place. Like he stated, they were exposed and in grave danger at this point.

"Let's move!" Hank called out to everyone when all of a sudden he was called by Floyd.

"Hank..," Floyd said, pointing in the direction of yet another individual coming out of nowhere. The girl or boy looked untrustworthy with all those dark colors, but spoke as though he or she meant no harm. Hank couldn't tell what the gender was, but that really wasn't important right now. This individual was young and didn't seem armed, but again, danger was deceptive nowadays. With the necessity to take action yet again, Hank called out to Abram to turn around.

He saw the large soldier turn with his weapon ready to fire. Hank himself raised his pistol, aiming it once again at someone's head. He started directing some of the group members to follow the truck Samantha left in while he made his way next to Abram. Pointing his weapon, Hank just stared at the youngster, not saying a word. He was now getting irritated that all these people were able to just infiltrate their group without anyone shooting them on sight. Nobody seemed to have the guts to do it. Hank was going to do it himself, but after realizing it was just a kid, he couldn't - unless his hand was forced.

"Shut up," he simply said to Mel, not giving a shit what she had to say.

"Were going to leave. You're going to take your guy here and let us be you understand?" he asked sarcastically, not desiring an answer.

"If you follow us. If we as see a trace of you, we will kill you. I will kill you," he finished, gesturing his people to start retreating. Floyd picked Redhawk up by the arm and pushed him towards Mel. Forcing him to move or get a bullet between his eyes. As they slowly started away, there were people still pointing at Mel and Redhawk with their weapons. They wanted to make sure they weren't being followed.

Hank walked next to Scarlett and as he passed her up, he spoke.

"You're welcome to stay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claiborne - Morgantown Plaza - Nathan, Mel, and Redhawk

By this time, Claiborne and Nathan would have already gotten through the building and approached the front doors. Pressing the bud of his cigar on the wall, Clay was able to put it out easily. He was ready for business and didn't want to distract people with his most noticeable feature - smoking. Claiborne looked at Nathan and simply nodded as he reached for the door. He opened it and allowed Nathan to go out first. But as he followed, he noticed Mel was already out there.

"What....is she doing?" Claiborne questioned himself mentally, his small eyes widening crazily. He looked like a mad man as he made his way forward, shoulders rolled forward. His steps were heavy as he got closer and closer. He could see the large group leaving the scene, but with weapons still pointed in their general direction. Claiborne didn't seem to be fazed by their armory and continued his journey.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Clay asked in a rough and grudge like tone. This was one of their leaders disobeying a straight order. She didn't even wait for him and Nathan to arrive at the scene before taking action. Being the youngest, she was very naive when it came to leadership. She was put in a higher positioned because she showed great improvement in the past. Now those qualities and traits were being questioned at this very moment. She wasn't alone though. Claiborne watched the group leave as he helped Redhawk back on his feet.

"You alright?" he asked, his eye still fixed on the large group that was nearly gone. After they were out of sight, his eyes returned to Mel. He didn't have words for her, just stared, waiting to get an explanation of her actions.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wolverbells
Enrique Ortiz-Crossing the Border of Louisiana and Mississippi​

A pair of dirt covered boots were pulled on as growling was heard on the opposite side of the door. The Comfort Suites had been his home for the night, the door's locked easy and the beds were supreme. Enrique had always had a thing for beds he didnt own, but from what he remembered about the time before this everyone did. He heard the groans again and walked to the door, he heard nails scratching against the door and light bumping. He unfastened his axe from his belt and raised it above his shoulder. He slowly walked towards the door, he reached for the lock and slowly turned it. He twisted the handle and let the walkers weight push the door for him. Three corpses burst into the room one tripped behind its first two comrades. Enrique took a few steps back past the bathroom door in order to prepare himself. Enrique brought his axe up and into the first walkers under jaw. The blade cut through the face and just barely cut the frontal lobe. The second walker got close, Enrique hardly had time to prepare himself for another strike. He backed up closer to the bed and brought the axe level with the walkers head, he brought it high and spun it in his hand facing the pike end down. He brought it down once and let it stick there. He held the handle and dragged it down and to his right, the walker fell to the floor.

Enrique watched as the walker that had fallen slowly lumbered towards him. He smirked and rushed at it, grabbing it by its shirt and pushing it into the bathroom doorway. He slammed its head against the door frame then threw it against the sink. He grabbed the back of its scraggly head and slammed it into the counter once. It fell to the floor and Enrique picked up his boot before slamming it into the back of the creatures head. He slammed it again when the creature groaned. And then again, just to be sure.

He looked down at the walker for a bit then walked to the main room, it was quite pretty large. He walked to the window and opened the curtains all the way. Looking out he saw the Mississippi River, and in the reflection of the window he got his first real look at himself in a while. His face was covered in dirt, his facial hair had gone untrimmed for a while and his hair was longer than it needed to be. He was wearing a dirty green tank top and had his arms wrapped in strips of cloth. His cargo pants were dirty and worn from khaki to dirt gray. God he hadnt showered in forever. He knelt down and pried his axe from the corpse's head and went out to check the hall quickly before closing the door and locking it. He grabbed his duffel and unzipped the top. He reached inside and found the remnants of his medical kit. He pulled it out and sat on the corner of the bed to open it, inside he saw some gauze and alcohol, along with some weed and pain medication, he moved this stuff aside and found the medical scissors. They werent meant for cutting hair but they'd do. He took about 10 minutes trimming his hair down to about 2 inches then ran his hands through it to shake out any loose hairs. He felt better but didnt have any real way to shave his face, scruff didnt bother him but he felt like it would make him cleaner to lose it. He tossed the scissors back inside the small plastic kit and closed it then stuffed it in his duffel. He threw it over his shoulders and refastened his axe to his wasteband before beginning his trek. He had been heading south for a while now, hoping to find people. So far he'd only seen one man and he was walker chow about 10 minutes after they'd met.

Enrique left the Comfort Suites hotel and walked down the road until he found the onramp to the bridge, he made sure when he crossed it to be extra careful of corpses popping out. He began walking the bridge and casually checking cars for supplies or anything interesting. After following the 425 bridge road for quite some time he found himself at an old subway, there were some trucks parks in the lot but no one inside or on the roof. It was very strange. He walked inside the subway and scrounged for anything worthwhile, when he came to the bathroom he smiled broadly.

"Thank god for small miracles," He said grabbing a few rolls of toilet paper, "My fine double layered friend I have missed thee so." He reached behind himself and pulled his duffel in front of him. He stuffed the rolls inside under some of his clothes and sat on the roof for a bit eating the small amount of bread he'd found inside.

Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
.Morgantown Plaza - Mel, Scarlet, Katie, Claiborne, Tyler

What the fucking fuck, man?!"

Those words were muttered to Hank as Redhawk turned away from him. RedHawk had seen a lot of different leaders during this new age. This Hank guy was a piece of work. He was going to get his people killed. A man who can't reason is a man won't leave long. The man's eye turn to Scarlett.

"That dick is right. You, your daughter, and your husband can all stay here. I don't see why Mel or anyone else would reject you."

The man, who a foot and one inch taller than the girl would extend his hand.

"Name's Joe Redhawk."
@Atomyk @C.T. @Wolverbells @-QT- @Lady Myst

Last edited:
Riley- Morgantown Plaza - Nathan, Mel, and Redhawk

Riley watched and narrowed his eyes at the body language this other guy gave off while speaking to Mel. She was supposed to be one of the leaders yet he came off as not caring? This made him angry! But he'd keep his pistol tucked away as it seemed like the groups were finally going their own separate ways with Redhawk and Mel returning back to the community. Riley certainly didn't wish to instigate any trouble despite how aggressive that one man came off from what Riley could see while he was in hiding. He wasn't someone that he would have liked to be around. He was a bully and they were incompatible in that regard.

But he didn't want to risk being spotted and possibly overwhelmed by numbers. Especially not with that one bully who came off as the leader. He didn't seem like he'd show any mercy and while Riley would probably do the same in his shoes, he wasn't keen on having the tables turned on him. So keeping his CVS bag slung over his shoulder, he'd weasel his way past the group until he made his way closer to Mel and Redhawk as they began moving back towards the school. Doing so made him shiver.

It reminded him of all the times he tried to take alternate paths in the school's hallways to try and avoid running into him. But it almost never worked out. They'd run into eachother and Riley would have been subjected to whatever demeaning act the bully had planned out for him that day. Whether it was slapping him around, knocking his water bottle onto him or whatever his sadistic mind could think of. He didn't like these memories popping back up when he fought the dead. He really didn't want to see them when he was with the living.

But as they walked, he'd look over at Mel and his voice came out as kind of an average baritone for an eighteen year old. However it was slightly muffled by the skull-like mask he wore around his neck/lower jaw.

"That was tense. Almost started eating the stuff I scrounged up. Sorry, didn't help. Would have started something bad."

As Claiborne approached, Riley's eyes narrowed once more. He'd been in Morgantown for quite some time. Having worked mainly as a scavenger because it gave him time to himself. So he didn't have to worry about his delusions possibly being noticed by anyone else. Anything like that could get him labeled as an outcast and that'd turn these people into bullies and he really didn't want that. Some of these people had turned out to be pretty useful. He really didn't approve how she was being scolded. It reminded him of all the teachers who told him to quiet down when he complained aloud about the treatment he was getting from the bully.

"Tried her best. To defuse potentially dangerous situation. Can you blame her? On a good note..I got funions and pills."

@C.T @QT @Josh M

Reactions: Josh M

Mel- Morgantown Plaza- Joe Redhawk, Claiborne, Nathan, Riley, the rest.

Z1RBNqD.jpg

She just stood there quietly, not making a sound of her own during his little spiel. Just a cold stare back for the longest time. Typical gung-ho tough guy bravado. He wasn't the first guy like that she had dealt with. As much as she wished he would be the last...she kinda doubted it.

When he was finally done, she finally nodded slowly. "Understood...Hank. Leave. None will follow. Just know that you're the one who came here to our turf. And since we're sharing cryptic fucking warnings? If you ever come back here again, intrude on our land, mess with one of our guys like that and take that stupid fucking tone with me? I will shoot your fucking head off personally." She flipped him off as he walked away.

Before she could even ask what Redhawk was doing, yet another of their leaders came up. Great. She didn't even acknowledge his approach until he was all up in her face, just looking at her like a goddamn dad or something scolding their kid. Waiting for an explanation.

"What do I think I'm doing?" She repeated.

tumblr_mpyuy1rtqt1su3c26o2_250.gif

"WHAT THE FUCK DID IT LOOK LIKE I WAS DOING, YOU DUMBASS SOUTHERN HILLBILLY? I--" She stopped in her shouting right in his face, looking over at Riley. "Yeah, what the kid said." She said more calmly, turning on her heel, swiping a bag of Funions and striding off with her hands in her pockets. "You got a problem with that, file a fucking official complaint." She snarled, muttering more caustic phrases that would make any god-fearing traditionalist nut gasp.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Josh M @-QT- @Others​

Tobias- Morgan Town Plaza -Whoever

"♪You should see me dance the Polka, you should see me cover the ground, you should see my coat-tails flying,
as I jump my partner round; When the band commences playing, my feet begin to go! For a rollicking romping Polka
is the jolliest fun I know.♫"

Hmm? Did he hear screaming? Something must be going on.

....Good. An easy distraction to sidle into town, rucksack slung over one shoulder as the sharpest dressed man of the apocalypse sauntered into town. Soon finding the source of the commotion with a raised eyebrow and a small smile flicking over his features.

Girl had spunk. He admired spunk, but if everything was going to be tense as it is now? Maybe he was better off moving to the next place.

....Maybe not. He leaned against a place out of the way, watching the show with faint interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.