The Vraenor Empire (A Lawful Evil Fantasy RP)

AceSorcerer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
"We will turn this corrupt land into ash so that it will be born new, by whatever means we must take! With your might and my sorceries, all shall kneel and swear loyalty to their Overlord and Emperor!"

RideragainstRotath.jpg

In an age long past in the world of Aklavion, a people known as the Vraenor discovered the power of magic. Feared by their rivals, the other ancients banded together and banished the people from their homeland, only to take their arcane research and better their own societies as the lost Vraenor braved the frozen northwestern regions. There they built a society out of the shadows, wherein they began to delve further into the darker magics after they learned their works brought about a golden age to the east, all while they were bound to the very will of nature amidst great storms and mountains. But, in time, the great mage Gareth established Netherium, a citadel of mages and the capital of what soon became the Vraenor Empire. Generations later and Gareth's descendant, the dark mage Kieran Gareth Throauldr, is crowned the new Emperor and Overlord of Vraenor. With many ambitions beneath his belt, he and his childhood friend and general Sir Arterion Landrak with aid from the mysterious spymaster Lucretia le Torneau set out to reclaim the ancient homeland of their peoples, beginning with the conquest of the city-state Ildir.

g-liulian-.png

Expectations/Rules:

-This RP is going to have a "lawful evil" focus, filled to the brim with revenge, dark magic, and conquest.
-As with everything else, all Iwaku rules will apply.
-The initial player cap will be eight individuals (five of which are open), with an aim for each member to post at least once a week either using a posting order or a courtesy system voted on by the accepted players.
-The minimum post we hope to see is a single strong paragraph or two average ones for scenes that aren't very action or dialogue heavy.
-I will be playing the role of the Emperor while @Dipper and @Starlighter will be acting as the General and Spymaster as well as Co-GMs, respectively.
-There are some suggested roles, but everyone will be free to do as they please, within reason.
-All fantasy races are available, even some monstrous races may be used depending on approval, but humans are the most common.
-There will be a Discord chat for accepted players in addition to the regular OOC.
-The RP itself will begin with the conquest of Ildir

Suggested Roles:
-Scholar
-Imprisoned/Conquered Noble
-Fallen/Captured "Hero"
-Imperial Guard
-Army/Guard Captains/Soldiers
-Imperial Assassin

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or shoot me a PM if you have any questions!​

What is the post speed?

• Love
Reactions: Starlighter
Awesome, glad to hear it!
I am thinking maybe a really cynical scholar fellow who tries and presades higher ups to do things. Or maybe like a evil scienist trope and have him to weird expirment on people with dark magic.

Reactions: Dipper
Interesting. What exactly would someone who takes an Imperial Assassin role expect to be doing in this?

Interesting. What exactly would someone who takes an Imperial Assassin role expect to be doing in this?

Murder. Murdering nobles preceding a siege to sow confusion and fear, or taking out designated targets to make the seizing of certain cities go more smoothly. Working in the shadows against enemies of the Empire.

Don't worry, there'll be plenty to do, and all roles, suggested or not, will be worked into the main plot.

One part supplying information, another part stopping rebellions with stealthy and brutally efficient murder.

I'm so interested in this. 0.0

I'd definitely be up for either an Imperial guard role or some other form of soldier. Perhaps a race other than human. May depend on what the other characters races are looking like.

We should make characters know each other or something. Like maybe your character brings him the heart of your victims for his magic stuff or there EX lovers or they used to be schoolarly peers until work on a new project split them a part on whom will get the credit.

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Oh another idea for a character. Maybe my character is a duke or something of a region of a specific race and he has submited to the Overlord and is loyal to him. Maybe secerly ploting to be like backstabby.

I wanna RP a merfolk now.

So that might not work. So maybe the Merfolk are loyal to the overlord and my character is like a regel fish noble. Like the kind of merfolk that can go on land too you know? Maybe the Merfolk and some of the royal blood of the Overlord like intermixed and that is my characters family bloodline, thus why he is somewhat loyal to the throne and a fish? Maybe that is an idea.

@AceSorcerer and @Dipper thank you both! Considered me interested, always up for your RPs Ace XD

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Having characters linked to each other in some way even minor is always a nice touch. @Neko_Green

I'm so torn between an Imperial Guard or a Soldier, captured hero type as well.. I'd guess Imperial Guard would be more so under the Emperor's direct command and guard while the rest of the military force is under the general. Leaving most likely scholars and assassin types under the spymaster. Then conquered nobility is well conquered nobility.

I suppose a good sealing question would be; do/can Imperial Guards have some essence of magic? @AceSorcerer

Last edited:
Beautiful concept. I'd love to join, but unfortunately am unable to. I wish you guys the best of luck on this rp!

Having characters linked to each other in some way even minor is always a nice touch. @Neko_Green

I'm so torn between an Imperial Guard or a Soldier, captured hero type as well.. I'd guess Imperial Guard would be more so under the Emperor's direct command and guard while the rest of the military force is under the general. Leaving most likely scholars and assassin types under the spymaster. Then conquered nobility is well conquered nobility.

I suppose a good sealing question would be; do/can Imperial Guards have some essence of magic? @AceSorcerer

Probably something like the quick spells/quarks in the Witcher series.

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Hoo man. This sounds fun. I'm an avid souls player and just enjoy the fantasy genre as a whole when it comes to media. I feel like I'll be at home here. ( The whole thing reminds me of the Abyss Watchers from DS3.)

Are character deaths going to be a thing? I'm not sure if I just missed it or if it wasn't stated, so I'll ask to be sure. Either way it won't sway me. I'm already brewing character ideas. Hopefully this goes through.

Hoo man. This sounds fun. I'm an avid souls player and just enjoy the fantasy genre as a whole when it comes to media. I feel like I'll be at home here. ( The whole thing reminds me of the Abyss Watchers from DS3.)

Are character deaths going to be a thing? I'm not sure if I just missed it or if it wasn't stated, so I'll ask to be sure. Either way it won't sway me. I'm already brewing character ideas. Hopefully this goes through.
A good question! While this isn't Game of Thrones, character death will likely be possible with player consent for story reasons, if a player leaves the RP, or they get hit with the banhammer. I'd need to put it up for a vote for random deaths.

• Thank You
Reactions: Twisted