The Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Tai and Lori entered the town, the demon Hogosha Betsuni appeared in front of them giving off a twisted smile. "Looks like we meet again, humans. Follow me and I'll take you to meet the man in charge of this town. He'll assign you your new jobs. Although, I must warn you: be careful how you act in front of him he's kinda extremely moody. But that's what you'd expect from a halfie, I guess."

"Halfie? Moody? What the Hell are you talking about?" Tai was easily becoming angry at this demon.

Hogosha laughed,
"A halfie is what we call a half-demon, half-human. Disgusting creatures with no control over their emotions. Kinda like you?" They stopped walking outside of a brick building. "Well, we're here. See ya later. Or not if he kills ya."

Name: Vincent Laguna

Race: human

Age: died at 11 but has been working here for over 170 years.

Look:upload_2014-7-13_13-25-16.jpeg

Bio: Just wanted to have a little more fun in the water, but figured out too late that going out too far can be dangerous. Usually gets picked on more by the demons due to his age, his size and that having children his age here is extremely rare, even for the odds.

Means of Death: Drowned

Vincent watched the new arrivals come in and sighed. Seemed there was never a shortage of people coming in here. Still, better to not draw attention to himself more than he already did. His jobs usually involved carrying tools to people or running things for demons if he got the unlucky straw. He couldn't carry heavy rocks or operate anything big, so he made use of his short figure to be able to run things fast to whoever and whatever they needed.
Today, however, he was working the fields. His job...carving holes in the ground with his little hands.

A faint chuckle escaped Eraziel's lips as he thought about what their boss would think of this new human. "Oh yes, I doubt he's going to like this new arrival very much. The human won't last very long if he keeps giving lip to every demon he meets." He kept his gaze focused on the town, not quite able to see what was going on inside it.

He usually wasn't one to hang around near the "beginner town", as he liked to call it. He liked to watch the towns who had the more experienced, more broken humans. They were fun to watch, as they were no longer scared of their surroundings like the newcomers were. Instead they did their duties numbly, like mindless drones. Eraziel thought it was a beautiful thing.

And yet, something in him wanted to stick around. He was curious--that fiesty little boy had caught his attention, for whatever reason he didn't know. "Want to head into town?" he asked Nina. "I bet there's other new arrivals we can instill fear into, if they already don't have enough as it is."

Looking at Hogosha, the demon whom they had first met when they entered the Void, Lori listened relatively quietly to what he was saying, shuddering a little at the thought of how a half-breed was probably concieved... It wasn't something she'd like to think about any time soon, she glanced at Tai worriedly, as they stood in front of the brick building "Hey... Please try and keep calm alright? It wouldn't be the best thing to make the wrong demon angry, not with that device in our hearts anyways..." She told him quietly, she knew they'd have to break free of this prison somehow, though she still had no idea how, not did she have any plan in particular ready, so until someone figures something out, they'd have to hold out against this torture, whatever it is... It wasn't much different from her previous life anyhow, though she still needed to figure out how that life came to pass. Then, snapping out of her thoughts, she quickly grabbed hold of Tai's arm again and pulled him inside the building, hoping they weren't late.

Last edited:
Vincent dug the final row of holes and sighed. Finally. I thought this was going to take alot longer. A demon out wandering the field saw he was finished and came over. "You did it wrong stupid." Vincent gave the demon a curious look and then back to his row. He had a fair idea of what was coming. "Really?"
"Oh yea...see?" Holding a spiked club, he smashed the places where Vincent had previously dug many of his holes, ruining all his hard work. "You're not meant for field work kid. Go into town and see if someone was some diapers that need changing or something." With a sinister laugh, the demon wandered off.

170 years of this and Vincent surprisingly never cried. Sure he was scared at first..sure he hated what the demons did for enjoyment..but he never complained and he never rebelled. That got you nothing and besides, the best times for a little payback were when they least expected you to do it. That was what he was best at. He stood, wiped the dirt from his clothes and started to head into beginner town. Perhaps one of the demons there had something relatively easy for him.

Name: Aliah

Race: (demon or human) Demon

Look:
pIVLhZh.jpg
wings also more like butterfly wings that are purple and black.

Bio: (Brief pls) Born into the demon world she was instantly corrupt with power but still has a heart for SOME humans, helping them have an easier time but secretly never has been caught to this day.

=============================================================
[Directed towards Vincent]
Aliah wanders around town looking across all the humans trying to see if she wanted to help anyone out today. Then one caught her eye, his clothes where full of dirt but he looked to nonchalant to be new, he had to be here a long time how had she not noticed him before.
"Hey you human!" Aliah said quietly but loud enough so he could hear him. She takes the boy into a small corner. "You want a free day? I can help you out a bit my house needs cleaning. Better then any other job you can get around here your choice." Aliah said as she tried to look laid back and annoyed to not draw attention to her not wanting to be yelled at for helping a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vincent had just made it into town when he felt something grab him and tug him into a corner, whispering quietly. It was a demon..pretty one too. She wanted to give him a free day? Was she trying to set him up for something? The consequences of being caught slacking off could be severe depending on who found him. Still...if she was serious...

He gave a quick nod. "Sure. Just lead me to where I need to go." This was either going to turn out real good or real bad. He had made his choice...now all there was to do was wait.

Ninazar seemed excited by the idea. She still hasn't visited the workplaces since she came back. So yeah, she would very much like to head into town.

"Hell yeah! It's been so long! Let's go, let's go!" Nina grabbed Eraziel's hands and ran towards the town. The scene was quite weird, a grown up woman holding the hand of a teenager boy while grinning like a madwoman. Well, for those who knew them, it was a normal thing to see.

Eraziel did not object to being dragging along like this. He got used to it a long time ago, and was starting to not mind it much.

When they made it to the town, Eraziel looked around, taking in all the humans. There were a lot more than he remembered. That, or the town for the newcommers held a lot more than the other towns he frequented. It would be a little tougher to spot the two humans from earlier amongst the others, but Eraziel figured they'd come across them eventually.

He noticed a purple haired demon talking to a little boy, bought thought nothing of it. The boy looked experienced, as if he had been here for a long time now. Eraziel wondered what the demon was saying to the boy, but didn't really care enough to go find out.

Ninazar stopped running once they were in the town. She released Eraziel's hand and let her eyes wander through the city. An impressed whistle made it out of her mouth.

"Damn, is it me or there's a lot more humans than I thought? It's like they just popped out of nowhere!" Nina closed her fists and opened them instantly, making a "POP" sound with her mouth. "Like Popcorns."

As she walked, she noticed Eraziel's glance towards a purple haired demon talking with a little boy, she raised her eyebrow, but kept walking.

"You know her?"

Tai followed the girl into the building mumbling ok. As they came inside they saw a large open hall with a large spiral staircase leading up to a higher floor. On the walls throughout the buildings were paintings that looked more like bloody messes. Below each painting was a different name. Tai gulped. "Well, you ready to meet this half-demon? I think that this will be a very interesting conversation."

Eraziel shook his head, still following along. "No, actually. Not really. I've seen her around multiple times. She likes to interact with the humans quite frequently. " He squinted his eyes at the demons, as if by improving his eyesight he'd be able to listen in on their conversation. The squinting, of course, did nothing. "Moreso than any demon I've noticed. It unsettles me." He turned his head back towards the multitude of humans going this way and that, relishing the look of fear and hopelessness many had plastered on their dirty faces.

"W-well..." Lori shuddered again, catching sight of the quite gruesome paintings lining the walls... She inhaled and exhaled for a moment, attempting to regain her composure "I'm not exactly looking forward to this... But I'm as ready as I can be." she said, her voice quivering a little despite her efforts to steady it.

Tai took a few steps up to the staircase and grabbed the metal railing. It was hard and cold, colder than anything he had ever felt before. When he reached the top of tne staircase they were in a small dark room. Before them was a large throne where the half-demon sat, holding a human skull. Upon the humans arrival he looked up and over at them. "Ah, excellent the new livestock has arrived!" He burst out into a fit of laughter and tossed the skull aside. "Welcome home my new pets. My name is Taezu Urigiri and
I am lord of one of the 13 cities in this realm."
Taezu snapped his fingers and two scrolls appeared, he tossed one to each of the humans. "Fill that survey out and it'll tell you what kind of job you'll be given. Each of the 13 cities focuses on one aspect, for example, my city is mining!" He burst into laughter again. Tai looked down at the thirteen question surveyand sighed. I suppose I have no choice. Looks easy though.

Question one: Are you good at mining? No.
Q2: Are you good at farming? No.
Q3: Are you good at demonic artwork? No.
Questions 4-11 were all similar stupid questions that Tai answered no to.
Q12: Do you plan on inciting rebellion? No.
Q13: Do you think Taezu Urigiri is cool? Sure.

Tai handed his survey back to the half-demon.

Lori nodded quietly, looking through the questions; 1-11 were just asking her if she was good at something, which was nothing on the list... Admittedly she was good at artwork, though the ideas for them rarely came so it was never a good source of income in the world of the living, demon artwork however she figured were those paintings which she had seen walking down the hall, and she sure wasn't good at drawing things like that, nor did she want to. The rest were all no's except for the last one which asked her if she thought Tazezu Urigi, the "halfie" whom they had gathered before was "cool", she was a little amused by it strangely enough, and with a small smile, she answered "yes" to it. Finishing the survey, she hands it back to the half-demon, wondering what job she'd be assigned.

Taezu quickly looked over the two forms and put them away in his pocket. "Alright, I have a job for you two. it isn't really a long-term job, however it will provide you with a bit of work to do. There is a human in the fields to the northwest of here who has discovered the means of killing a demon. I want the two of you to spy around the area, talk to a few humans and find out his name. If you can tell me who he is then I'll be able to Purge him. So, how about it? You want the job?"

"I..." Lori was quite caught off guard by this particular job, she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to accept it... Sure even if she didn't want to sell their "target" out she could try and work with him along with Tai, though the problem comes if they're being too closely monitored to do any of that, and end up being forced to find that humans name and report it anyways... She was rather stumped in this situation, and turned to Tai hoping he'd be able to answer for her this time...

Ninazar made a quick stop, staring at the demon with the human. She narrowed her eyes, suspicious. Eraziel was right, that demon was spending quite some time with the boy. She resumed her walk, though a lot slower.

"We should keep an eye on her. I don't like it." Nina said quietly. She snapped her fingers and, in seconds, a raven landed on her shoulder. "See that purple haired demon? Keep an eye on her. Report back to me if you see anything suspicious. Go." And with that, the raven took off. The usual grin was back to Nina's face, apparently, she just remembered something.

"Oh! I know whee they might be! If I'm right, they should be with Taezu looking for a job right now!" Nina was excited once again. She wanted to know what kind of job they got.

Tai nodded, "We'll do it. This is the absolute perfect job for me. " Taezu laughed. "Good, now get the fuck out of my home. Oh, wait. One more thing, find a demon in town, someone local someone you guys know and have them go with you. I want to make sure you don't fuck up on your first mission you know?" Taezu began laughing again. Tai gave a small nod and began walking out of the building, not waiting for Lori. He walked down the stairs and out of the hall, opening the door to the outside. Where the Hell am I gonna find a demon that will go with us?

The sight of Ninazar's raven made Eraziel ease up. He was thankful to have a watchful eye on the demon.

"You're probably right," he said, referring to where the humans would be. "I hadn't thought of that. I wonder what job they'll be doing. I hope it's backbreaking," he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.