2. Female
Genres
~ Yaoi
~ Yuri
~ Modern/Slice of life
~ Modern Fantasy
~ Organized Crime/Yakuza/Mafia etc
~ Gods/Demi Gods
~ Vampires and Werewolf's(But nothing too Twilighty.)
~ Steampunk / Apocalyptic Steampunk
~ Apocalyptic/Post
~ Horror/Thrillers
~ Childhood friends
~ Best friends
~ Arranged Marriages
~ Incest
~ Online Dating
This thread is exactly what it seems! As an avid gamer, I'm always looking for some video game recommendations so I thought, "You know what would be cool? A gaming thread!"

This can also just be a thread to chill and find other people who like similar games, have small discussions etc.

As of the moment, I'm on the hunt to add some games to my small collection and thought I'd list what some of my favorites are!

- Soul Calibur
- Pokemon/Pokemon Ranger/Mystery dungeon etc
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons
- Run Factory
- Street Fighter
- Final Fantasy
- The Legend of Zelda
- Otome games
- Fire Emblem

Basically, I like RPG related video games and a little bit of a dating sim. c':

If you haven't played Breath of the Wild, holy cow. Amazing.

King's Quest for x-box is great. As is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.

Reactions: An Otaku
Dark Souls.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Shadow Hearts for PS2. >_>

It's sort of like Final Fantasy in that it's a JRPG, but the setting is an alternate history right before the start of World War I. Characters travel across Asia and Europe to real places, where real events happen, but they are different to be more supernatural. Really amazing music and creature design. Standard drama that's pretty normal for final fantasy games but also has some really out there and weirdly placed humor. Also there's a flamboyantly gay dude which makes things funny. He helps you level up your skills through acupuncture. The main character is sort of homophobic and there's always a funny joke concerning the dynamic while you're doing the acupuncture XD
Shadow Hearts - Wikipedia

Bloody Roar
I think my fave was 3 or 4. I dunno if they still make them. I played it on the PS2 but there might be a PS4 version now.
It's a fighting game where you can turn into a were-beast. Standard werewolf, but there's also a bunny, mole, xenomorph, etc. Very cool.. For a furry
Bloody Roar - Wikipedia
Recommended because of your interest in Soul Calibur

Beyond: Two Souls
I played it on ps4 but it's probably on all platforms.
It's more of a movie than a game but uh.
Actually I don't know how to describe it, but I'm pretty sure you'd like it based on the other games you've listed.
Beyond: Two Souls - Wikipedia
Recommended due to general gut feeling.

Guilty Gear & BlazBlue
More fighting game series..es. If you like Soul Calibur and/or Bloody Roar then you'll probably like Guilty Gear. & BlazBlue. I'm not sure if BlazBlue ever really took off in the US but it used to be a huge thing in Japan.
Guilty Gear - Wikipedia
BlazBlue - Wikipedia

Last edited:
250px-Bayonetta2boxart.png

This game is literally the perfection of its genre. Very rarely do we see a genre perfected especially under this game's circumstances! If it weren't for Nintendo, this game wouldn't exist and now that Bayonetta's in Smash, hopefully she'll get the recognition she deserves!

FFX-2_box.jpg

One of the most hated Final Fantasy games and for reasons that I find incredibly stupid and shallow. To me, this game was a vast improvement over X especially in terms of gameplay. The story was also pretty great just as expected from a Final Fantasy game. It's an amazing JRPG and everyone should experience it!

Shadow Hearts for PS2. >_>

The second game was better XD Much better! Not knocking the first game though!

Kingdom_Hearts_II_%28PS2%29.jpg

There's a reason this game is the fan-favorite in the series! The Final Mix version made it even better! Despite its problems, KH2 is an excellent game that no gamer should miss!

1796960-box_scalibur2.png

One of the best fighting games of the sixth generation and of all time! I still consider it to be the best in the series and hopefully Soul Calibur will one day make a comeback. I played this game on my uncle's Xbox when I was a kid until I got my own copy for the PS2 which I still have to this day! Recently I played the GameCube version as well. If you're a fighting game enthusiast, definitely play this!

Sonic_Heroes_cover.png

Now that Sonic Mania's out, this is a perfect time to discuss the blue blur! This amazing game was one of the first Sonic games I ever played and I think the soundtrack is the best Sonic has to offer! It's an absolute blast to play and it never gets old hearing that wonderful theme song! No Sonic fan should miss out on this game!

Well I wanted to like @SacredWarrior, but your recommendation of FFX-2 physically hurts.
I have tried to play that game 3 times now, and the gameplay is horrible. I've replayed FFX completely through at least 3 times (if not more) and I just can't imagine how someone could like X-2 more than X. Obviously some people will (and you're one of them) but I tried.. I really did. Each time I'd get a little further into the game... but I've pretty much just gone "fuck it" each itme. It's a chore to play through for me, and the characters I find highly annoying. It's a shame because I really wanted to get through the story and FMVs.

As far as Shadow Hearts 2 goes... I dunno. It's better production quality for sure, but I still prefer the first one. I know I'm probably in the minority though.

the gameplay is horrible. I've replayed FFX completely through at least 3 times (if not more) and I just can't imagine how someone could like X-2 more than X.

Most people praise X-2's battle system as one of the best if not the series' best. Even people who don't care for the game give it props in that area. You must not have played Tactics or any of the FF games that had ATB in it. The battle system in X-2 is much faster, easier, and you can even switch jobs on the fly. X-2's gameplay is literally the ATB system nearly perfected to a science and it's a lot of fun. Especially in the International version with the Creature Creator. If anything, X is the game that felt like a chore and I also highly enjoy that game.

As far as Shadow Hearts 2 goes... I dunno. It's better production quality for sure, but I still prefer the first one. I know I'm probably in the minority though.

Yeah you kinda are :P Hell I played SH2 before I played the first one so I'm probably biased in that regard XD

@SacredWarrior ff9 has ATB, but it's just waiting for your turn, basically. I haven't played any of the other FFs.
I like the idea of the job system, but I found it very complicated and limiting in comparison to the sphere grid FFX had. I just don't like the ATB thing in general though. I need my turn based junk in order to take my time and think. The system just wasn't my type of game to begin with and then the whole thing is just... extremely girly (for lack of better words) so it just tuned me off completely.

Shadow Hearts: Yeah if I had played 2 first I probably would've liked it more, but I played mine in order XD

You recommended Bayonetta 2 but not the first one. Is 1 totally skippable?

You recommended Bayonetta 2 but not the first one. Is 1 totally skippable?

No it's not XD You should definitely play the first one too but it's not as good as the second one obviously!

he whole thing is just... extremely girly

What's wrong with that? I honestly don't get this point. That's like me calling FF15 too masculine because it has all men as playable characters. Plus it's Japan. What'd you expect? XD

@SacredWarrior

Let's say you don't like pizza. There's nothing wrong with pizza, you just don't like the taste/texture/whatever. You don't think people who eat or like pizza are bad, but you've never enjoyed pizza yourself.

Now imagine a game that forces you to eat pizza continuously, from the very beginning up until (assumedly) the very end. Not only do you not care about pizza, not like its taste or texture, but now you're bloated and seriously thinking about throwing up everything you just ate.

FFX-2 is this game for me.

Let's say you don't like pizza. There's nothing wrong with pizza, you just don't like the taste/texture/whatever. You don't think people who eat or like pizza are bad, but you've never enjoyed pizza yourself.

Now imagine a game that forces you to eat pizza continuously, from the very beginning up until (assumedly) the very end. Not only do you not care about pizza, not like its taste or texture, but now you're bloated and seriously thinking about throwing up everything you just ate.

I love pizza though sooooo.....XD Ok fine your analogy makes sense. Hell it definitely describes a lot of games for me! *glares at Dragon Ball Z Sagas*

Reactions: Vardoger
So you've probably heard about Undertale. I almost didn't get into it myself just because I had been hearing *too much* about the game, but then I played it and what anyone else had said didn't matter because the game is beautiful.

It's mostly styled like your normal RPG Maker game, with the combat segments being sort of like "bullet hell" set-ups I think is the word? You move around an icon, try to avoid the bad stuff. What really makes the game, though, is how amazing all the characters are. And there's a lot of different routes depending on what you do, so you won't be bored if you go on a second run at all! In fact, there's three general styles of endings: good, neutral, and bad. But the neutral ones have a lot of variance, and the good and bad ones... well, let me just say you can play this game exactly the same way twice and something different will still happen. It's really a good time, especially if you like emotions!

One game series that I like, although mainly for comedy, the storyline can be interesting too. (as well as the gameplay, as long as you aren't overleveled....) is the Hyperdimension neptunia series.
Basically, general gist of it is the big 3 and an unreleased sega console are goddesses of their own nations with the handhelds as their little sisters and parodies the game industry (if the world they live in, Gameindustri, wasn't a clear indicator) third party companies are makers, (some of the select humans)
Second one deals with Piracy IIRC.

For 'investigative games' so to say, Ace Attorney and Danganronpa.

header.jpg

o.o If you're into charming stories filled with feels.

Danganronpa.
Seconded. As if it wasn't already easy to tell, I freaking love Danganronpa, so of course I have to recommend it. Dangaronpa is often compared to the Zero Escape games, Ace Attorney, and Persona 4, so if you like those games then there's a good choice you'll like Danganronpa.

I'm sure you've all heard of Portal, but if you somehow haven't played it yet then you should get on that. Portal has some of the most original puzzles I've seen, stunning voice acting, and an engaging story. Portal's main campaign can be completed in about 5 hours, but it'll some of the best hours of gaming you've experienced. Play it, then get Portal 2, which adds a lot the original game was missing.

A childhood favourite is Pokemon Ranger, a spin off of the main Pokemon games where you draw circles around Pokemon to capture them. The capture system sounds simple, but holy butts it could present some tough challenges on occaison. I also enjoyed the upbeat music and humorous dialogue, which gives the game a lighthearted atmosphere even on your 20th attempt at capturing Entei. If you still have the original DS, then it's worth trying this game.

Another old favourite that I'm getting into again now that the latest instalment is available in beta is Adventure Quest. The original Adventure Quest feels a little outdated now- although, it is still being updated- but AQ Worlds is still going strong, and AQ3D has a lot of potential. Even if you don't normally like MMOs you can enjoy Adventure Quest, since it's got a strong sense of humour and is designed to be easy to pick up. Plus, it's free!

Dragon Age - I love this series. It explores so many real world controversial topics head-on. It's got everything from value of life, to isolationism, to slums, to slavery, to consent, to "gun" control, to various shades of sexuality and gender identity. It's just overall great. And I got to date smexy elves and a very sweet Qunari. Win, win.

Mass Effect - Dragon Age in space! :D Spaaace!

Assassin's Creed - I have not played them all(working through them very slowly), but the ones I have played get me in all the right feels.

Kingdom Hearts - It's a convoluted mess, but I've played it multiple times so I must like it.

Final Fantasy IX - Never got to finish it, but Kuja rocks my world. And black mages hurt my heart.

Digimon World - When I wasn't re-playing Red Version of Pokemon, I was playing this sucker. It was really hard at the time but I played a little of it this last year and it wasn't so bad. I got gud. It's basically "raise creature to progress story" with the added mechanic that your digimon can die of old age or neglect.

Spyro 1-3 were the first collecting games I finished to 100%.

Star Ocean Until the End of Time - It has flaws, many flaws, but that doesn't stop me from sitting in that Workshop and squandering all my money for the 1%-5% chance of making Golden Curry. Rigel! Stop making things before me! I must patent all the things! Not you.

250px-Bayonetta2boxart.png

This game is literally the perfection of its genre. Very rarely do we see a genre perfected especially under this game's circumstances! If it weren't for Nintendo, this game wouldn't exist and now that Bayonetta's in Smash, hopefully she'll get the recognition she deserves!

FFX-2_box.jpg

One of the most hated Final Fantasy games and for reasons that I find incredibly stupid and shallow. To me, this game was a vast improvement over X especially in terms of gameplay. The story was also pretty great just as expected from a Final Fantasy game. It's an amazing JRPG and everyone should experience it!

The second game was better XD Much better! Not knocking the first game though!

Kingdom_Hearts_II_%28PS2%29.jpg

There's a reason this game is the fan-favorite in the series! The Final Mix version made it even better! Despite its problems, KH2 is an excellent game that no gamer should miss!

1796960-box_scalibur2.png

One of the best fighting games of the sixth generation and of all time! I still consider it to be the best in the series and hopefully Soul Calibur will one day make a comeback. I played this game on my uncle's Xbox when I was a kid until I got my own copy for the PS2 which I still have to this day! Recently I played the GameCube version as well. If you're a fighting game enthusiast, definitely play this!

Sonic_Heroes_cover.png

Now that Sonic Mania's out, this is a perfect time to discuss the blue blur! This amazing game was one of the first Sonic games I ever played and I think the soundtrack is the best Sonic has to offer! It's an absolute blast to play and it never gets old hearing that wonderful theme song! No Sonic fan should miss out on this game!

All these games are literally my childhood, I've played them so much and finished them so many times. Good memories. c'x

So you've probably heard about Undertale. I almost didn't get into it myself just because I had been hearing *too much* about the game, but then I played it and what anyone else had said didn't matter because the game is beautiful.

It's mostly styled like your normal RPG Maker game, with the combat segments being sort of like "bullet hell" set-ups I think is the word? You move around an icon, try to avoid the bad stuff. What really makes the game, though, is how amazing all the characters are. And there's a lot of different routes depending on what you do, so you won't be bored if you go on a second run at all! In fact, there's three general styles of endings: good, neutral, and bad. But the neutral ones have a lot of variance, and the good and bad ones... well, let me just say you can play this game exactly the same way twice and something different will still happen. It's really a good time, especially if you like emotions!

I have heard of Undertale! I just haven't gotten into it yet.. Despite how many times it's been recommended to me. XD

One game series that I like, although mainly for comedy, the storyline can be interesting too. (as well as the gameplay, as long as you aren't overleveled....) is the Hyperdimension neptunia series.
Basically, general gist of it is the big 3 and an unreleased sega console are goddesses of their own nations with the handhelds as their little sisters and parodies the game industry (if the world they live in, Gameindustri, wasn't a clear indicator) third party companies are makers, (some of the select humans)
Second one deals with Piracy IIRC.

For 'investigative games' so to say, Ace Attorney and Danganronpa.

Ace Attorney and DanganRonpa are ones that I've been meaning to get into, though sometimes they slip my mind. XD
I'll really need to get them next time I go out, but Neptunia is one that I've been wanting for forever! >w<

header.jpg

o.o If you're into charming stories filled with feels.

The art style looks pretty cool, I'll definitely check it out!

Seconded. As if it wasn't already easy to tell, I freaking love Danganronpa, so of course I have to recommend it. Dangaronpa is often compared to the Zero Escape games, Ace Attorney, and Persona 4, so if you like those games then there's a good choice you'll like Danganronpa.

I'm sure you've all heard of Portal, but if you somehow haven't played it yet then you should get on that. Portal has some of the most original puzzles I've seen, stunning voice acting, and an engaging story. Portal's main campaign can be completed in about 5 hours, but it'll some of the best hours of gaming you've experienced. Play it, then get Portal 2, which adds a lot the original game was missing.

A childhood favourite is Pokemon Ranger, a spin off of the main Pokemon games where you draw circles around Pokemon to capture them. The capture system sounds simple, but holy butts it could present some tough challenges on occaison. I also enjoyed the upbeat music and humorous dialogue, which gives the game a lighthearted atmosphere even on your 20th attempt at capturing Entei. If you still have the original DS, then it's worth trying this game.

Another old favourite that I'm getting into again now that the latest instalment is available in beta is Adventure Quest. The original Adventure Quest feels a little outdated now- although, it is still being updated- but AQ Worlds is still going strong, and AQ3D has a lot of potential. Even if you don't normally like MMOs you can enjoy Adventure Quest, since it's got a strong sense of humour and is designed to be easy to pick up. Plus, it's free!

Dragon Age - I love this series. It explores so many real world controversial topics head-on. It's got everything from value of life, to isolationism, to slums, to slavery, to consent, to "gun" control, to various shades of sexuality and gender identity. It's just overall great. And I got to date smexy elves and a very sweet Qunari. Win, win.

Mass Effect - Dragon Age in space! :D Spaaace!

Assassin's Creed - I have not played them all(working through them very slowly), but the ones I have played get me in all the right feels.

Kingdom Hearts - It's a convoluted mess, but I've played it multiple times so I must like it.

Final Fantasy IX - Never got to finish it, but Kuja rocks my world. And black mages hurt my heart.

Digimon World - When I wasn't re-playing Red Version of Pokemon, I was playing this sucker. It was really hard at the time but I played a little of it this last year and it wasn't so bad. I got gud. It's basically "raise creature to progress story" with the added mechanic that your digimon can die of old age or neglect.

Spyro 1-3 were the first collecting games I finished to 100%.

Star Ocean Until the End of Time - It has flaws, many flaws, but that doesn't stop me from sitting in that Workshop and squandering all my money for the 1%-5% chance of making Golden Curry. Rigel! Stop making things before me! I must patent all the things! Not you.

I've played a good handful of FF games and I'm working my way through KH1 as we speak! (I'm a multi tasker.. XD)
SPYRO however... This series has to be my favorite because who doesn't like dragons??
Mass effect and dragon age were recommenced to me by my friends as well, so I'm on the hunt to find them! cx

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shiri and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.