The Victorian Era (manila1xLewi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His hold on her changed from tightened to relaxed, and he pulled away a little so that he could see her face. A hand went under her chin in order to stop het from trying to hide her face one more. "Stop hiding from me," he told her; regaining his calm composure once again. "I don't like it when you do that." He paused, using that time to wipe her tears with his thumb. "I don't want you to meet these people either, Kieara, but you have to." He shook his head to stop any protesting. "If you don't your father will really upset with you, and will probably choose the first man he deems fit for you. These won't be the only candidates that will come. So, I propose that you do what ever is needed to prolong this. Make your father think that you are determined to find the right guy... But don't make it seem like you are absolutely against the idea of this arranged marriage. If you don't do this..." He trailed off. "How about we turn it into a game? Let's find out just how many lame things these guys will say to you and the winner gets whatever sweet they want? Deal?"

Kieara looked up at him when he made her. Her aqua eyes looked like they should have been a deep sapphire because of the tears coming out of them. She listened to him and while she wasn't comforted she sighed knowing he was right. "Fine..."

He tilted her chin up so that she was staring into his hazel eyes. "And at least try to smile okay?" As long as she tried he would too. "I won't let them do anything to you. I'll always be there when you need me." His gaze lingered to her lips for a moment or two, and then he left the room. He could swear someone was calling him from downstairs.

She nodded and saw him look at her lips. She'd been about to ask him about the baby thing but he took off to quickly. Somehow she felt lonely and empty without him. She sighed and headed downstairs.

When he got to the foyer, the king, the guests (two young men and their personal servant), and their own servants were waiting. Xavier quietly apologized for their tardiness, and stepped away as there was nothing else to say. It wasn't long before Kieara descended the stairs looking beautiful as ever. He gave her a small nod of encouragement as she walked passed him. When everyone was finally where they were supposed to be, the king began making the introductions.

Kieara wasn't interested in the least. She tried to out on a polite nice face to them but it was hard. Both men looked much older than her and one of them looked like a large slob. She shifted uncomfortably and curtsied to them at an appropriate time.

Status
Not open for further replies.