The Veiled Kingdom (RP, Shounen Ai/M X M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dragon stayed quiet for a moment, getting comfortable on the ground. "I'm not sure of any particular thing about me, and I woould rather keep to myself, thank you."

Takumi said nothing, choosing to be silent. He sat stiffly, back ramrod straight with eyes appearing gold by the light of the fire. This was the position he took for an hour, and then two more. By the time the fourth hour passed, the moon was partially blocked by vague clouds. Takumi suddenly stood, head tilted towards the sky. He sighed softly.

"Are you asleep... Drake?" He asked in a soft tone, closing his eyes. A rusty-colored orb opened to linger on his form. "Not yet," Was the reply. Takumi hummed, that turning to a tune of a song.

"You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream,
Like thoughts become a river stream
Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time
To the path, yours to climb..."

Drake's eyes snapped open at the sudden singing, he raising his head to get a better look at the human. Takumi still had his eyes shut, a serene look on his face. He slowly raised his bow-

"Thou seek the light with an outstretched hand
A divine blade lies before you,
So command the wake of dreams
To restore the world, cut 'way the seams..."

-Light forming the string quickly, and launched a single arrow to the sky. Then his voice took on a solemn tone that turned to one of desperate power, grief so profound that the dragon had tears come to the corners of his eyes. Drake slowly stood, walking closer to the ex-prince with silent footsteps.

"Join in our prayer, in our song of birthrights and love!
Come the sun, illuminate the sky
Pray that we may quell the dark - Light take the throne!

Lost in thoughts all alone..."

Takumi didn't open his eyes when a hand briefly touched his shoulder. He simply said, "...Suppose you weren't the last of... of anything. Suppose that you were something, as I am sure you were. I was... never... something important enough or worthy of my family, save my mother who had died long ago and taken all love for me to her grave. Suppose... Drake... that we could get along. What would you do to restore the world if you were fated or eventually pushed into the darkness that threatened to consume you?

"...Being lost in your thoughts all alone is very discontenting - terrifying, even... I hope that you'll one day understand that."

With that, Takumi turned and sat at the base of the nearest tree - it was quite a ways from the fire - and leaned against it with Fujin Yumi in his arms. It was clear that he wasn't asleep however, despite the small movements of his chest moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake watched him for a while, trying to get comfortable on the ground. His duo-colored eyes narrowing slightly, as he sat up. He couldn't sleep, no matter how hard he tried. He looked over to a lake nearby. He quickly changed into his human form, and stood. "I'm going over to the Lake. It's not oo far away." With that, he walked to said lake. hummin gas he sat on his knees next to the water.

He cuped the water with his hands, and splashed it onto his face, and looked up at the sky.

Timeskip--Morning
Honey brown eyes snapped open, body swiftly moving into a kneeling position, bow at the ready. In less than a second, a hand had pulled at an invisible string (which formed) and shot a dimly glowing arrow across the clearing and through the bushes. He only relaxed his stance once he heard a thump, standing and calmly walking over. There, now dead on the ground, was a bear.

Takumi tucked Fujin Yumi into his belt and took hold of the unusually large bear, slowly dragging it. He only managed to get it halfway to the fire when his shaking legs failed him. He flinched at the pair of hands that caught him. He didn't look up at Drake.

"M-morning..." he muttered.​

"Uh... need help there buddy?" Drake helped him stand, and grabbed the bear with one arm, and pulled it over the the fire, and dropped it. "Guess thats dinner? Unless you don't eat meat."

"Tch... if I didn't eat meat, I'd be dead." With that, he walked over and pulled out a dagger and started to skin a large portion of the bear. The two sat in silence, even when Takumi accidentally cut his palm. The ex-prince stabbed the piece of meat he took for himself on a pike (Drake wondered when and where he got that) and dug it into the ground to it'd stay over the fire. He nudged the rest to Drake, not at all noticing or caring about his very bloody hand.

"Eat up. We can get going once my meat is cooked, if that's alright?"

"Yeah it's... fine..?" He ended in question. "You... do realize your hand is BLEEDING right?" Drake stared at his hand, sitting down next to the meat, watching the other male.

Status
Not open for further replies.