8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
red Please check here for any unanswered questions you may have before asking them here. More information will be added here as it's mentioned in the roleplay. Thank you.~
General Information | Roleplay Information
Character Sheet | Character List
Episode List | Maps

The Variable Project

In the year 2100, scientists discovered a latent ability within certain humans that would later be deemed "Psychokinesis". This ability gave these select few the ability to control objects with their minds, speak telepathically, and even fly. They spent seventeen long years investigating this phenomenon, before finally deciding what its use would be. Those select few with the ability of Psychokinesis became known as Variables, and became trump cards in the military of their respective countries. The bringing in and training of these people was kept secret, and became known simply as "The Variable Project".

Psyche

Psychokinesis use was not without its drawbacks, however. Continued use shortened one's life span, and deteriorated one's brain. Excessive use in a short time period could even kill someone right then and there. Some Variables who pushed the limits too far became Corrupted Variables, deranged humans who became nothing more than dangerous, mindless killing machines. They were either killed or taken into captivity. Because of these dangers, scientists developed a drug known as Psyche, which was administered every so often through a chip implanted on the back of each Variable's neck. They became dependent on this drug, and now, should their chip be removed, they wouldn't last a week without manual administration of Psyche.

Weapon Variables

8755260-3d-black-sphere-on-white-background.jpg

The Base Form of a Weapon Variable

In 2127, the first weapons built specifically for use with Psychokinesis were created. They were named "variables" after those who would wield them. In the beginning, only short-range physical type variables were available, but other types were created a few years later, and along with them, the Variable Efficiency and Compatibility Test (VECT). The VECT is a test used to determine which variable types a Variable's Psychokinesis is compatible with. While most only tested compatible with one, there were rare occurrences where an individual tested as being compatible with two. In order to use a variable, a Variable must touch it and attempt to "sync" their Psychokinesis with it. Nothing will happen if the variable and one's Psychokinesis are incompatible, unless the variable is a custom variable, in which case the individual will convert to a Corrupted Variable and die shortly afterwards.

Variable Type Power Speed Flexibility Year Developed
Short-range Physical High Medium Medium 2127
Long-range Physical Medium Fast High 2130
Short-range Mental Low Fast Low 2131
Long-range Mental Low Fast Low 2132
Short-range Physical
Short-range Physical variables required constant contact in order to be used, but offered high power and decent speed and flexibility (the ability to shape-shift quickly and effectively). They're often used as held weapons, such as swords, maces, etc. They can also be manipulated into all sorts of shapes, and can also be used as a shield.
Long-range Physical
Long-range Physical variables often take the shape of a small sphere that floats near the user. They do require one time contact in order to "sync", but can be used freely afterwards. The solitary sphere can be manipulated just as short-range physical models can, but it can also multiply and divide. The less dispersed the sphere is, the more power each shot packs. The power is decent, but the speed and flexibility make up for it.
Short-range Mental
Short-range Mental variables are only effective at within a small radius. As with all mental type variables, this variable is inserted into the brain as a chip, and thus, cannot be manipulated or used as an actual weapon. Mental variables are often used to increase sensory perception, but can also be used to enhance memory, processing speed, and knowledge banks. These are the preferred types for missions involving espionage.
Long-range Mental
Long-range Physical variables are similar to short-range mental variables, the only difference being that their effective range is larger. These are preferred when it's better for the user to remain at a distance.

In addition to physical and mental type variables, variables are also separated into general and custom variables. General variables are inferior, but anyone whose Psychokinesis is compatible with their type can "sync" with them. Custom variables are superior, but, as the name suggests, are custom made for a specific person's Psychokinesis. Should anyone else attempt to "sync" with one, they'll become a Corrupted Variable.

Spacial Variables

In 2140, a third type of variable that came to be known as "spacial" was created. They resemble antimatter in that they eat all they touch, and circle the user as small spheres, much the same as a dispersed long-range physical type does. Because of the high level of danger presented in such a variable, it was banned in all countries. Some still work on it under the radar, however.
Spacial Variables
Spacial variables are slow moving and aren't as flexible as physical type variables. Regardless of this fact, their destructive power far outmatches that of physical types. It is because of this that they've been banned from use.
Short-range Spacial
Short-range Spacial variables have a smaller range of influence and can't be seperated from the user too much, or the "sync" will be broken. Because of this, users of this type mostly use their variables as a type of inpenetrable shield.
Long-range Spacial
Long-range Spacial variables are perhaps the most dangerous variable type yet discovered. Unlike short-range, they have a much greater range of influence. The downside is that wide dispersion generally leaves the user open to attack. Likewise, the slow moving nature of Spacial variables means it takes time for them to disperse and cause any real damage. Opposers should be wary of fighting a long-range Spacial variable user in tight spaces, however.

International Variable Organization (IVO)

In 2142, the International Variable Organization, a top secret group, was created. The group was run collectively by the heads of each country, and outlined laws, regulations, and policies regarding the use of Variables in warfare. It's essentially the United Nations for Variables. The group also acted as a center for planning should any Variables go rogue. If any of them do, the heads meet and discuss a method to best eliminate them before they become too great a threat.

Current Timeline of Events

Event Year
Scientists discover Psychokinesis; research begins. 2100
Great strides in Psychokinesis research made; discussion for use begins. 2116
Decision to use Psychokinesis users as military trump cards reached; research continues. 2117
First variable weapon created; initiation of the Variable Project. 2127
Creation of Long-range Physical, Short-range Mental, Long-range Mental type variables. 2130, 2131, 2132
Spacial type variables created, tested, and banned. 2140
International Variable Organiztion (IVO) founded, establishing rules and regulations covering various topics of Variables. 2142

Last edited:
I think it fits. I always imagined it being her.

Only problem I see is him using orbs (they don't have variables with them right now, and where they're kept is too far for him to remained synced to them), and when you mentioned Silver being there. They don't know it yet, but Silver was already sent off on a mission.

Only problem I see is him using orbs (they don't have variables with them right now, and where they're kept is too far for him to remained synced to them), and when you mentioned Silver being there. They don't know it yet, but Silver was already sent off on a mission.
I may have misunderstood your post then, I thought Silver was with them. Sorry about that. Let me try editing that.

As for him using his orbs, I can make it that he WANTS to use it but it's kept too far for him to use, would that work, instead of Mordecai and him smuggling some?

Yeah. That'd be fine. And long range variables are just a single orb at first. They only become multiple ones after you sync with one and make it divide.

I'd like to mention that they have it so that they have to resync everyday to use them, and that they have Psychokinesis sensors, so if June did use his power, it would show up and they'd know. Merci would also know, because of her power of Psychokinesis detection.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Damn it... I'm really tempted to make another reply, but I also giving the rest that hasn't some time to do so... This is too hard for me! xD

Reactions: Boss Megu
Gotta stick to the post order for now.

<p>&lt;p&gt;Should I say sorry? :U&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;EDIT: Edited June. :U&lt;/p&gt;</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
WTFudge is this html code error? @.@;;

Cannot edit. But @Aoishit I'd like just to let you know I'm done with June.

I'll go read it now.~

• Thank You
I honestly have no idea how I lost this...

Reactions: Boss Megu
The Seven Mysteries of Iwaku...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Maps

First Floor
OJFejDQ.png

Basement Floor
ZletFdi.png

Last edited:
@Aoishit
I don't know if it's just me, but I cannot see anything inside the First 2 Variables Headquarters spoiler tags.

Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
I don't know why there's suddenly three. Lemme try to fix it.

Should be fixed now.

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Yes, I already saw the map on the 3rd spoiler tag. It's just that because they're 3 I thought that I was missing other 2 maps. xD

Nah, both maps will be in the same spoiler tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.