The Varanigans OOC/Plot Discussion/Creation

Huntress

Feeding the wolves, don't you know better?
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Mystery and Romance
VaranigansImage.png

Hey guys, so I tried posting this in the 'jump in' section but it hadn't seemed to get much attention. It's a plot that I recently thought up and would be interested in seeing progress. The basic idea of this RP plot is that everyone is working in or is an experiment within this government facility, I haven't really chosen a country for it to take place in yet but it will most likely be the states. The reason this facility exists is because it is a government funded experiment in which they are working on creating super soldiers.

The super soldiers can range in abilities, like perhaps certain humans are experimented on to be part of a CQC group in which they have enhanced strength and speed, if they're snipers maybe their senses are enhanced. Stuff like that, it don't want things to be too ridiculous, i understand it's difficult to keep superpowers within reason but you'd have to consider that I want this to have somewhat of a 'realistic' aspect to it. I understand that having a 'realistic' view is difficult when you are writing fantasy. Think of it as in a way of saying that it could be plausible, like you can believe that something like that could possibly happen.

Anyways that's enough of me trying to explain what I am envisioning, ya'll aren't interested in that. So back to the 'superpowers' well I guess a better expression would be 'enhanced abilities'. I don't want anything too insane like you look at someone and they blow up. The whole idea is the abilities have been man made and injected into you. If that makes sense. I think it would also make the game interesting if your character would have some sort of weakness, other than a certain emotion, like something physical that could potentially damage or maybe even kill your character if they are not cautious.

Of course we don't want any god-modding that's not fun for anyone, so try to keep things as reasonable as possible. I know this might be a lot to ask for but honestly, I have no problem discussing things about the RP with people who are interested so we can come up with ideas and a plot that we will all enjoy. Once the plot and direction is decided I will post up a CS skeleton and we can get started with characters.

That's all I really have to say as for rules and the direction I want this to go it. In the end I want everyone to have fun and enjoy a good RP.

That's it from me.
-Huntress-
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Here is the Character Sheet outline I would like everyone to follow:

Code Name: (If you wish to have your character go by another name, or a name that suits your characters abilities which could be a name that the facility has given you)
Skills: (Are they good with weapons, if so, what kind? Are they operators of some sort, like a pilot? Or a tank driver? Can they fight in close quarters? Anything you think can fit here.)
Powers: (What has the facility done to them so far? If they haven't discovered all their abilities then which ones have they discovered?)
Weaknesses: (What hurts them or harms them)

Appearance: (Pretty straight forward. Please use an image of a real person or a written description)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Characters

[SPOILI]

Huntress
Code Name: -
Skills: Advanced Genetics, Scientist and Doctor, Kick Boxing and Handgun Training
Powers: Amelia has done some experiments to herself, just as tests before applying to others or having to fix the original formulas. Not a good idea but it has already been done. Some of the side effects left her with abilities consisting of, superhuman strength beyond what one could fathom; heightened senses, like someone has taken the best of each animal and combined into one and the ability to regenerate at a higher rate than a normal human.
Weaknesses: One of the major drawbacks to using her physical ability is, she loses control of herself, as if she is consumed but some unstoppable rage. Although she might not feel or understand pain in this state once everything recedes and her human mind returns she feels all the pain she endured while 'blacked out.' Often leaving her so weak she cannot move.
Appearance:
http://www.bellazon.com/main/index....ttach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=228222

DawnsLight
Code Name: -
Skills: High-level practitioner of Krav Maga, skilled at operating a wide range of motor vehicles, not the best marksman but has a fair amount of firearms training
Powers: Drina is much heavier than her small frame suggests; the experiments run on her have made her skin a nearly impenetrable stone-like armor. Advanced regeneration makes healing faster but is by no means instant. Not really stronger than before the genetic tinkering, the added weight makes her punches and kicks seem like she is.
Weaknesses: Sinks like a stone in water. Has to train constantly to condition her muscles to move and react as quickly as she is accustomed to as a result of her armor's weight slowing her down. Prone to weakness and anemia if she isn't constantly feeding her high metabolism.
Appearance: 5'4" tall, slight and athletic

Grim Snowflake
Code Name:
Snowflake

William Grae (Pronounced as grey)
Skills:
Is good with any government type pistol, from working as a federal agent before the experiment, calm thinker in critical situations, has jujitsu skills and is a terrible shot with anything that isn't a pistol.
Powers: Has a core temperature of 0F cooling the air around him, freezing certain objects like people(slowly) or food (quickly) (the less to freeze the faster it cools unless it's water) by touch.
Weaknesses: Heat/Fire, Brittle bones, Freezes food while trying to eat it, unless a utensil is used, as well as other objects. The freezing is involuntary.

Appearance:
images

Kisara
Code Name:
Slinky (More of a nickname than a code name, for now)
Ben Hayes
Skills:
Double-jointed and extremely flexible, able to bend and contort his body into small places. Surprisingly stealthy, given his height. He doesn't use guns, preferring to take down enemies silently by strangulation (via garotte wire) or suffocation.
Powers:
Experimentation has altered his muscle tissue, and he is able to stretch his limbs farther than physically possible. (Elasticity)
Weaknesses:
Stretching his body out for too long severely tires him, and his muscles begin to harden in place if he doesn't keep them in fairly constant activity. ("Your face will get stuck like that!!")
Appearance:
6'0, lanky, lean but slightly muscled, red hair, blue eyes, lopsided grin

[/SPOILI]

Nice to see some interest. :) If there aren't many more responses within the week would you be interested in turning it into a 1x1?

Yeah I will be, but lets just wait to see if more people will join :P

Sounds good. I hope more show interest. It could get good.

Six people so far. It's looking good, lol. I'm gonna wait it out and see if a couple more people will join, from there I'll create a CS so we can all have our characters and then we can start discussing plots. I want everyone to have a say in the plot so we can all have a good time. :)

I definitely want to be a part of this one, if that's alright! =D

Sounds good!! One More player and we should be good to start with the CS's and some more in depth plot discussion.

Huntress, could we at least get the cs started? :) I've been itching to create this character.

Alright, the CS outline has been posted on my first post and I have also posted my character for the RP, everyone can go ahead and post their CS's if they'd like.

Code Name:
Skills: High-level practitioner of Krav Maga, skilled at operating a wide range of motor vehicles, not the best marksman but has a fair amount of firearms training
Powers: Drina is much heavier than her small frame suggests; the experiments run on her have made her skin a nearly impenetrable stone-like armor. Advanced regeneration makes healing faster but is by no means instant. Not really stronger than before the genetic tinkering, the added weight makes her punches and kicks seem like she is.
Weaknesses: Sinks like a stone in water. Has to train constantly to condition her muscles to move and react as quickly as she is accustomed to as a result of her armor's weight slowing her down. Prone to weakness and anemia if she isn't constantly feeding her high metabolism.

Appearance: View attachment 13607 5'4" tall, slight and athletic

Code Name: Shadow
Skills: 27 different styles of martial arts and close combat skills, long range weapons expert, communications and electrical expert, and helicopter pilot.
Powers: Enhanced vision, endurance (high pain tolerance), able to slow her perception of time allowing reaction time to increase considerably high (1 minute to you would feel like ten for her), increased agility, higher comprehension levels (pretty much she's a tactician in most aspects).
Drawbacks : prolonged amount of time slowing her perception causes sever migraines and nose bleeds, endurance may allow for good beatings but later in life causes deteriorating of muscle cells, and her enhanced vision is unpredictable and she is unable to control it. Scientist are workings on these side effects but have no results and are awaiting for further test.
Appearance: selene.jpg