The Valiant

Don't forget I have this here so we can discuss plots and or if people want to utilize other people's characters in their post or to draw plot etc! USE THIS! IT IS HERE FOR COMMUNICATION GUIS! : D

Right!
So what are we to expect once we land? If the pilot/captain does not post anytime soon I don't mind typing up something... only that it feels out of place for the ship cook to set the ship in a new environment...

Their location is going to ideally be an undisclosed location within the forests upon the planet. Probably a good ways away from the government ran city, as Kira wants to make sure their ship is not seen/known. They will meet up with Kira and some of her crew to deliver the cargo goods to the people in the worker camps on the other side of the city near the mountains where the mines are located. However I have in mind that there will (of course) be a hitch in the plan I think. True "firefly" style ja? haha nothing is ever as easy as it seems lol but the job shall get done! I hope >.> the plan is to utilize this situation as a way to draw Woodrat's character in as he will be becoming a part of the Valiant crew.

ATTENTION! seeking new captain position!! details to come in next RP post from me!

The Captain is dead... long live teh kaptin!

*Hands Duchess Bastet the spaceship keys*

You are in command now!

*looks down at keys* wha-what..m-me O_O

Well, I do not really know what to do with the current situation. Should I land the ship or something?

sorry wasn't expecting my schedule to pick up like it did so soon @_@ anyways. Lstorm I am working on a mini-post to get things moving right now. If you're okay with it since you have the ship starting to land it seems like i'll just play off that and get the crew to the ground. The captain will want payment for the goods before they are delivered so the crew will have to land the ship in the hidden area. Make their way to a meeting place with Kira to finalize the deal. Then the idea is that she will be giving them a bonus if they help deliver and since money is tight the captain will be accepting the deal. While this is going on Isolde will be off ship getting needed supplies and such anyways so anyone is free to join her. During this shin-dig crap is of course going to go down to make this more interesting and before the deal is done Valiant will be gaining a new member and possibly in search of a new captain >3 that's the plan at least. I'm workin on the post now well will be after i get my research/work done.

pssst hey ya'll I can't keep sending massive PM's out! please keep posting!! thanks!

I'm willing to try for the new captain. As soon as I finish absorbing information and figure out any details I need to know, I will get my bio filled out.

Apologizes for nawh posting, will have it in ... tomorrow?

University Dead week turned out to not be as dead as it was implied to be

sorry guys...went out of town to visit fiancee...and forgot my computer...and there was no internet O_O nuuuuu T_T *sniffles*...will be back to posting in another day or two tho

Sorry for the delay! Post is in, and I should be much more active from here on out.

BASIC INFO
Name: Jonas McCree
Race: Human
Home Planet: Gaia
Appearance: Jonas is of average height at around 5'11. His long hair is more salt than pepper, the black simply giving depth to the silvery white strands. He wears it pulled back into a simple braid, mostly to keep it out of his way while gardening. He is trim and slightly muscular, though this is becoming a more stringy look as he ages. His face is strongly boned with a broad, large nose, light brown eyes, thin lips and tan skin. His hands and body are covered in various minor scars from one occupation or another, and his nails are constantly filthy from his work with dirt and flowers. Ears bear scars and rips from something or another, but they are well healed. He dresses in browns, greens, and blues with a love of shirts with repeating geometric patterns. He normally pairs these with a leather jacket when not at work or a tan utility vest while planting. He has a slightly lighter circle on one finger where a wedding band once sat, but even it is beginning to darken.

OTHER INFO
Equipment: Jonas has accumulated many different odds and ends over a lifetime of varied careers. He possesses a few pistols and a blaster rifle, as well as several changes of clothes, many potted plants and heat lamps, a handheld computer, a pair of well worn and loved boots, a newer spare pair of boots for when the first gets wet, identification and pass cards, a credit stick with a comfortable sum of money on it, a boot knife, gardening tools, and a wedding ring that he keeps in the watch pocket of whatever pants he happens to be wearing at the time. Depending on what he is doing, he may have many of these things on his person (excepting plants and heat lamps). He also carries with him a bottle of painkillers and a jar of the best organic sunblock.
Strengths: Jonas has held many jobs and his skills are varied. He's got a green thumb and is skilled at designing landscape layouts. In addition, he is a talented captain with a willingness to listen to his crew without letting them push him around. He's decent with firearms. He can, in a pinch, pilot many craft adequately, though not perfectly, and thus prefers a trained pilot to be on his crew.
Weaknesses: Jonas is obsession driven. If he becomes focused on something, it is hard to get him to leave the subject or flight of fancy alone. He also has a weakness for pretty women. Jonas also refuses to knowingly harm children. Finally, he has a bad case of arthritis that even modern medicine has trouble combatting, meaning he is limited in hand to hand combat. Without his medicine, his hands will give him enough trouble that pulling an old fashioned projectile weapon's trigger causes him pain.
Abilities: n/a
Bio Jonas spent his youth on Gaia, living in relative upper middle class luxury before he decided to embrace an ill chosen life of adventure. He signed up to work on a cargo ship at age sixteen, wanting to see open space and the excitement of being offworld. However, on only his second cargo run, he discovered that the ship was no mere cargo ship, but a smuggler vessel.

Caught up in romantic notions of being an outlaw and flying the stars, he remained, apprenticing to the captain and eventually being offered his own vessel after years of hard work due to his talent with handling people. However, all things sour, and eventually he took his ill gotten minor fortune and retired. After several minor career shifts and spending a good amount of money at the University near where he lived, once again on Gaia, he settled on landscape design and found a deep love of working with plants.

It was while doing this that he met Esperanza DeRah and her parents, becoming a friend to the family and giving Esperanza advice about being true to herself and making a difference in the world, the way he wished he had done as a youth. Of course, that was all years ago, but as far as anyone has heard, he's still working on landscapes and tending his own penthouse garden on Gaia.

will be posting today. got back from mini-vacation...and my roomates shut off the internet...ugh..so it will be only a post or two a week until it gets turned back on >_<

sorry working on post right now XD been distracted this week since I was finishing up school ^^;;

sorry for the LARGE delay/standstill in the RP guys! Just been very busy with life stuff!! Trying to find/secure a job and study for my boards while still working part time at my current job X_x

BUT! I want to continue to drive this forward so we can get Revi in as the new captain and start getting shit flowing again :) Please please PLEASE if you have any ideas lets chat!! : D I have the general plot outline already for ya'll in the intro but I need some help from ya'll to see what you're thinking. Also if you're no longer interested due to the SUPER SLOW pace this has been going please let me know so i can open your position. Thanks a lot!

*waves a "Go Valiant Go Banner"*

Come on! who's still in this RP! We need to live! No bodybags!