The "Usual Apocalypse" Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyche

Original poster
Interest Check | OOC & Sign-Ups | Advertisement

LOGORating.jpg

video%20games%20carrier%20fallout%20sea%20ships%20apocalypse%20boats%20artwork%20vehicles%20rivet%20city%20fallout%203%201920_www.wallpaperhi.com_94.jpg

Blood_splatter_3-sc.png

Just going to clear up the above image. Most of Iwaku is full of older teens and adults so I'm used to getting into older theme RP's, but for the young ones on here: this role-play can and most like will contain all that is listed above. I am not responsible for whatever may happen if you sign-up, these themes occur, and you get butthurt. I cannot stress enough that this RP is meant for mature audiences. Thank you.

Anyway! On with the cute little bullet points that will express what this RP will be about and how it will go (sorta)!

Blood_splatter_3-sc.png

Breaking It Down
  • I am craving a heavily influenced Walking Dead type role-play, but with my own twists and takes of the Apocalypse.
  • So, in all actuality, the countries (with their individual militaries) began to fight constantly. World War IV was right around the corner and the people of these countries were left in the dark. The President of the U.S had declared government rule and it became evident that the people of the United States were prisoners. Nobody had a clue if the other countries were being run this way as well.
  • Eventually, nuclear bombs and missiles were violently exchanged between the U.S and Russia, leaving the North-Eastern states in shambles. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut were completely destroyed. The government declared the North-Eastern vicinity as Quarantined.
  • There were no virus' being created, there was no mishap in a lab, the fall of mankind and the start of the Apocalypse began because of man's own ignorance.
  • The War escalated and did not halt until our government was eradicated completely and the other countries were hanging on a loose thread. Russia had resorted back to it's ways in the 1910's and Japan had practically fallen off the map. There was no country left untouched by the brutality of mankind.
  • World War IV began in the Fall of 2020. This role-play will take place two-hundred years later in 2220 in a new generation. This generation do not know what life was like before The Fall, they only know of The Rebirth.
  • To summarize: The world was destroyed because of humans and the Earth is slowly erasing what used to be before The Fall. The entire Eastern side of the U.S has been returned to Mother Nature and not many live there now. Russia is a ruthless country and it's inhabitants will not hesitate to draw blood. Japan is a wasteland, it's old inhabitants fleeing to Canada. Australia has recently had an earthquake break their little country into two, but there are no signs of the two halves drifting apart more than a few miles. The rest of the countries are silent and no better off.
What To Expect
  • Okay, so there really isn't many "zombies", but due to the nuclear war on the Eastern side of the U.S you can prepare yourself to encounter some deadly radioactive Factions. These guys are the few fucked-up survivors of the atomic blasts that Russia decided to send over.
  • Expect some plot-candies that have to do with Cannabalists.
  • There are Factions spread all across the globe that could either help you or harm you.
  • The technology has advanced tremendously since The Fall, but we have only gotten around to invented new weapons, transportation, and the rare items that certain people have created in the past two-hundred years (like new and improved radios, phones, trackers, etc.)
  • In this New World people have figured out how to enhance their physical attributes and abilities. They not only have created extravagant technology they have created, distributed, and mastered the art of Drug Enhancement.
  • There will be a lot of different types of people I intend to throw in here so expect a shit ton of plot-candies, sub plots inside the main plot, and character development to the extreme.
Blood_splatter_3-sc.png

If you are interested in the idea please don't hesitate to blow up this thread. I can't get this role-play start with just me. I really need a team of GO GETTERS to help me out. I'm no good with thinking on my own either so if you are interested 100% I would also love for you to ask questions or even throw me some of your own ideas! Thank you for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SilentSerenity
Drug Enhancements
First off, these drugs have all been manufactured by people in this new era. They are not approved by government officials or any policies. You must know the dangers of each drug and what you are putting your body into when taking the drugs consecutively. INGEST AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are 18 DRUGS in all.

REPRESENTS THE SENSE
REPRESENTS THE DRUG NAME

Sight: This technically is two senses given the two distinct types of receptors present, one for color (cones) and one for brightness (rods). These two sensory's can be enhanced with Piquancy and Lambency. Piquancy can be associated with heat vision (enhancing the reds and blues) as well as seeing UV rays on the UV spectrum. Lambency can be associated with x-ray (cannot actually look into a human body) or night vision (enhancing dark contrast over light or light contrast over dark).

Taste: This is sometimes argued to be five senses by itself due to the differing types of taste receptors (sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami), but generally is just referred to as one sense. For those who don't know, umami receptors detect the amino acid glutamate, which is a taste generally found in meat and some artificial flavoring. The taste sense, unlike sight, is a sense based off of a chemical reaction. This sensory can be enhanced with Modicum. Modicum enhances the users ability to taste poisons in their foods or to taste other humans.

Touch: This has been found to be distinct from pressure, temperature, pain, and even itch sensors.
Pressure: Obvious sense is obvious. This sensory can be enhanced with Coercion. Coercion enhances the nerves beneath the users skin to be able to detect pressurized wavelengths.
Itch: Surprisingly, this is a distinct sensor system from other touch-related senses. This sensory can be enhanced with Yen. Yen enhances the users ability to ignore all outside forces that may come in contact with their physical body.

Thermoception: Ability to sense heat and cold. This also is thought of as more than one sense. This is not just because of the two hot/cold receptors, but also because there is a completely different type of thermoceptor, in terms of the mechanism for detection, in the brain. These thermoceptors in the brain are used for monitoring internal body temperature. This sensory can be enhanced with Temperament I & II. Temperament I & II enhances the nerves making up the users skin to be able to feel a multitude of temperatures (I) or to not feel temperatures at all (II).

Sound: Detecting vibrations along some medium, such as air or water that is in contact with your ear drums. This sensory can be enhanced with Oscillation. Oscillation enhances the users ability to detect the multitudes of vibrations.

Smell: Yet another of the sensors that work off of a chemical reaction. This sense combines with taste to produce flavors. This sensory can be enhanced with Redolence. Redolence enhances the sensors in the users nose to give off a stronger chemical reaction.

Proprioception: This sense gives you the ability to tell where your body parts are, relative to other body parts. This sense is one of the things police officers test when they pull over someone who they think is driving drunk. The "close your eyes and touch your nose" test is testing this sense. This sense is used all the time in little ways, such as when you scratch an itch on your foot, but never once look at your foot to see where your hand is relative to your foot. This sensory can be enhanced with Kinesthesia. Kinesthesia enhances the users nerves throughout the whole body to boost reflexes, instincts, and "gut feelings".

Tension Sensors: These are found in such places as your muscles and allow the brain the ability to monitor muscle tension. This sensory can be enhances with Collywobble. Collywobble enhances the users muscles to withstand greater forces as well as allow the muscles to relax even when in use.

Nociception: In a word, pain. This was once thought to simply be the result of overloading other senses, such as "touch", but this has been found not to be the case and instead, it is its own unique sensory system. There are three distinct types of pain receptors: cutaneous (skin), somatic (bones and joints), and visceral (body organs).This sensory can be enhanced with Perturb I & II. Perturb I & II enhances all pain receptors in the users brain to be able to feel (I) or block out pain (II).

Equilibrioception: The sense that allows you to keep your balance and sense body movement in terms of acceleration and directional changes. This sense also allows for perceiving gravity. The sensory system for this is found in your inner ears and is called the vestibular labyrinthine system. Anyone who's ever had this sense go out on them on occasion knows how important this is. When it's not working or malfunctioning, you literally can't tell up from down and moving from one location to another without aid is nearly impossible. This sensory can be enhanced with Egalit. Egalit enhances the users sense of balance and directional instincts.

Stretch Receptors: These are found in such places as the lungs, bladder, stomach, and the gastrointestinal tract. A type of stretch receptor, that senses dilation of blood vessels, is also often involved in headaches. This sensory can be enhanced with Stint. Stint enhances the users ability to heal faster when wounded.

Chemoreceptors: These trigger an area of the medulla in the brain that is involved in detecting blood born hormones and drugs. It also is involved in the vomiting reflex. This sensory can be enhanced with Peruv. Peruv enhances the users abilities to detect any poisons or illnesses within their bodies directly after they occur.

Thirst: This system more or less allows your body to monitor its hydration level and so your body knows when it should tell you to drink. This sensory can be enhanced with Enthalpy. Enthalpy eliminates the users need to hydrate continuously. The drug itself is a hydrator.

Hunger: This system allows your body to detect when you need to eat something. The sensory can be enhanced with Covet. Covet eliminates the users need to take in nutrients and vitamins through food. The drug itself gives nutrients and vitamins.

Magentoception: This is the ability to detect magnetic fields, which is principally useful in providing a sense of direction when detecting the Earth's magnetic field. Unlike most birds, humans do not have a strong magentoception, however, experiments have demonstrated that we do tend to have some sense of magnetic fields. The mechanism for this is not completely understood; it is theorized that this has something to do with deposits of ferric iron in our noses. This would make sense if that is correct as humans who are given magnetic implants have been shown to have a much stronger magnetoception than humans without. This sensory can be enhanced with Allur. Allur enhances the users sense of direction. It models the user into their own Global Positioning System.

Time: This one is debated as no singular mechanism has been found that allows people to perceive time. However, experimental data has conclusively shown humans have a startling accurate sense of time, particularly when younger. The mechanism we use for this seems to be a distributed system involving the cerebral cortex, cerebellum, and basal ganglia. Long term time keeping seems to be monitored by the suprachiasmatic nuclei (responsible for the circadian rhythm). Short term time keeping is handled by other cell systems. This sensory can be enhanced with Epoch. Epoch mainly enhances the users brain and allows them to remember specific times and date stamps. This also aids the user in know what the date by simply looking up at the sun and where it sits.

DRUG ENHANCEMENTS
There are 18 DRUGS in all, but not all will cause death. Most will though.

REPRESENTS THE DRUG
REPRESENTS KNOWN SYMPTOMS

Piquancy and Lambency
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, permanent and/or timed loss of colored vision, permanent blindness, and death.

Modicum
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, permanent and/or timed loss of unami receptors, loss of tastebuds, and death.

Coercion and Yen
Symptoms: Nausea, itching, burning, rashes, redness, loss of hair, permanent and/or timed loss of nerves, and death.

Temperament I & II
Symptoms: Nausea, itching, burns, frostbite, rashes, redness, loss of hair, permanent and/or timed loss of nerves, and death.

Oscillation
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, loss of balance, permanent and/or timed loss of hearing, and death.

Redolence
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, loss of nose hairs (which protect the nostrils from bacteria), and permanent and/or timed loss of smell.

Kinesthesia
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, permanent and/or timed loss of balance, reflex abilities, and general discomfort.

Collywobble
Symptoms: Muscle spasms, nausea, permanent and/or timed loss of muscle direction, permeant and/or timed loss of muscle usage, and death.

Perturb I & II
Symptoms: Hearing voices, muscles spasms, permanent and/or timed loss of pain receptors in the brain (cannot feel anything), permanent and/or timed super enhancement of pain receptors in the brain (pain is multiplied by a hundred), depression, and suicidal thoughts.

Egalit
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, cannot figure out up from down or right from left, permanent and/or timed loss of balance, general discomfort, and depression.

Stint
Symptoms: General discomfort, nausea, paranoia, slows down generic human healing abilities, prickling sensation around the wound, rashes, redness, permanent and/or timed loss of white blood cells, and death.

Peruv
Symptoms: General confusion, headaches, nausea, paranoia, permanent and/or timed loss of white blood cells, and death.

Ethalpy
Symptoms: General discomfort, headaches, chapped lips, cottonmouth, heavy tongue, swelling, paleness, and death.

Covet
Symptoms: General discomfort, headaches, excessive spit, heavy tongue, bloating, paleness, and death.

Allur
Symptoms: General confusion, headaches, prickling sensation beneath the skin, permanent and/or timed loss of direction, depression, and suicidal thoughts.

Epoch
Symptoms: Sensitivity in the eyes, hearing voices, headaches, nausea, permanent and/or timed loss of time sensitivity, paranoia, depression, bipolar tendencies, and death.

Awesome!!!
Omg I was hoping that banner would reel people in!

Do you guys have any ideas to add to all this?

Well for a title i was thinking something like "The World's Renaissance" or the "The New Renaissance"

I was thinking "The New World" at first, but then I thought that was too overused. I like "The New Renaissance", but I don't want people to confuse the times by accident or something.

Also your description of the world's states and where they're at with technology wise, strikes me as steampunkish

This is a great idea! I would so join!

In your description it says that only the North Eastern part of the US was quarantined. But then, it says that the whole eastern side of the country has been overtook by nature. Does this mean that the Carolinas are also quarantined.

My bullet points are supposed to be timeline of sorts so at first the North Eastern side of the U.S was bombed and then deemed quarantined and then over the next 100 years or so nature has regrown and erased all signs of the bombs. Of course there is still a chance of radiation, but not many travel there so it is unknown. When I get more interested players and make the actually Roleplay I will be creating a real timeline to clear up all that has occurred and how everything looks at the current RP time.

So to answer your question, there is a possibility. I listed off the states that were ultimately hit with the nukes, but there is a chance that radiation spread due to the wildlife and etc. I'm not too sure how it will go. My bullets were just a gist of the RP to draw people in.

Oh okay. :) That's fine. It just confused me for a minute.

I understand. I'll be clarifying it all in more detail once more people are interested and I actually have a chance to make the RP.

Hm, how wonderful an idea, you have peaked my interest, I will join if this takes off and may even allow my twisted mind to offer up some terrific ideas in the theme of destroying those who remain alive.

@Herzius56 I would love to hear any ideas that come to your twisted mind!

ALSO JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT, THE ACTUAL ROLEPLAY WILL NOT BE CALLED "THE USUAL APOCALYPSE IDEA". THAT WAS JUST SOMETHING TO PEAK INTERESTS. AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR A NEW TITLE JUST TELL ME. :bananaman:
Edit: I will also be adding in some more key information so check the top for more details.

@Dr.Forrest
@Akira
@TheWanderingWolf

I have edited the two posts below the main post to give more information on the Drugs that will be portrayed in the RP. So far we have five people interested as well. Do you think this is a sufficient amount of people to start? Is there any other questions or comments regarding the RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.