The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay.

Your CS needs a bit of expansion as it's very light on details such as personality, history etc. especially when compared to the caliber of the other applications in this thread. Also, sound manipulation has been 'taken', so to speak, by another character. If you could come up with a different power that would be preferable. Once these have been addressed we'd be happy to accept you.

Got it, Didnt see that Faustian guy had already taken sound manipulation. Well I need to start from scratch now because that whole character is based off of that idea.

Changed the powers away from the psychicy-ness. Now they just bite and blight. Prepare to be gummed to death.

Gosh Vera is so unreliable.

Powers: Parasites
Parasites have completely taken over Vera's body, to the point where neither her bones, muscles, or blood can even be called her own. Nor can they be called those things. Rather than these things being the parasites, it's more like her mind is the one living off of them. They are highly adaptable and resilient, forming to fit the need. The parasites themselves form up Vera's inner body, and can easily be seen wriggling under her skin. Vera's brain is the one exception, only being half-infected.

The resilience and adaptability of these parasites provide a large benefit to survival. They allow Vera to take grievous wounds as well as poisons or toxins, and even survive harsh environments. Although she has something resembling blood, it's only purpose is the direct transmission of nutrients (and is actually edible to others!) If her 'lungs' are damaged beyond use, new parasites will work as 'lungs.' The only 'vulnerable' part of her is the brain. That said, if her arm is cut off, it's cut off. It's not like she can re-attach it... yet.

Additionally, Vera has found it possible to open up portions of her skin to create a mouth-like opening. The parasites form teeth, which although aren't that hard can at least penetrate flesh. From this mouth, an acidic slime can be produced. This slime is also capable of causing festering and rotting when in contact with living things. Through experimentation, it is also possible to use things 'eaten' to strengthen the bite of the teeth. However, since it causes problems with her body, she is unable to keep the material in her body for too long.

Weaknesses and Limitations:
There are a few practical and aesthetic weaknesses to her power. Practical: As stated, the teeth she makes are somewhat soft, and can only have their hardness imbued temporarily. The acid saliva, while damaging, is hardly fatal unless you let her gnaw on you for a minute or so. Despite that small damage output, this is her only ability that can be labeled as 'offensive.'

Aesthetic: Vera's parasites make her seem inhuman, and it's easy enough to think of her as such, even amongst the empowered. Due to the constant shift of parasites under her skin, it's almost implausible for her to be disguised as a normal human, unless she's decked out in conspicuous full-body clothing, including her parasitic eye.

blue-eyed-ginger-girl-redhead-cute-_7949.jpg

Name: Emma Crowe

Alias:
Dark Winter

Personality: Emma is a rather reserved person. Due to being an orphan her entire life, she learned to fend for herself. Emma is not trusting of any human that tries to help her, and even some unnaturals don't have her trust. Though she is very selective of who she believes to be her ally, once someone becomes her ally, she is loyal to the death and she is respectful. Because of her size, Emma is very shy and scared of people who intimidate. Even though she has her powers, she still knows that there are plenty of people who could kill her without trying.

Appearance: Height: 5'2, Weight 110, Pale Skin, Red hair.

Powers: Emma has the ability to generate solid ice and also to freeze liquids. Due to her powers, her body is immune to the cold, however heat above 80 degrees could cause her to fall weak or possibly even unconscious.

Weaknesses and limitations: 1) Emma cannot use her powers in heat that is above 80 degrees. 2) Emma is very small, so her physical prowess is in no way intimidating and if you can get past her ice, she can be easily overpowered. 3) While Emma's ice is solid and sturdy, it takes about 2 seconds to form, which means that she couldn't stop a gunshot or anything moving fast enough to get the drop on her.

Abilities: Emma is very fast and has quick reflexes. She is nimble, and can move quickly, similar to what some people would call parkour or freerunning.

History: Emma grew up on the streets, but she wasn't a bad kid. In fact, she was rather well-behaved for a street orphan. The girl lived among the gangs of Brooklyn, constantly helping people when she could. When she was about 13, she began running errands as a sort of messenger for a man named Lasiter. Though she was a large part of the gang's success, Emma was never accepted as an official member of the gang. Even still, if she ever found herself in a tough situation, people knew not to hurt her; she was "Lassie's Girl".

Though she discovered her powers when she was 14, the only person that knew was Lasiter, but he did not throw her to the authorities. Instead, he rather helped her hide it and continued acting like nothing was abnormal about her. However, when a member of the gang found out that she was an Empowered, she was turned in. This sparked her distrust for humans, even though Lasiter helped her.

Emma was taken to a holding facility where she spent two years imprisoned under the government. During her time in the prison, one of the guards took advantage of her. Though he got what he had come for, the guard was found dead in her cell; his entire body frozen stiff. Because of her method murdering of the guard, the other guards in the compound nicknamed her "Dark Winter".

During another emporwered escape attempt, several cells were opened on accident, and multiple prisoners went on a rampage, killing over a dozen guards. When emma tried to escape, a guard stopped her, attempting to drag her to her cell, but she froze his body in ice and killed him. She stole the guard's security pass and made her way to the lower level of the facility where the engine rooms were located. While the search went on for her above, the girl spent almost an hour straight using ice to expand a crack in the floor, right about the sewers. She caused the floor to cave in by freezing it so that it became weak enough to break under pressure. Escaping the prison, Emma fled to the city of Brooklyn and has been on the run for one week.

Other: She has a three inch scar across her stomach from a knife

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zigoen, you're accepted.

@SherrifLlama, us GMs will look it over and we'll let you know shortly.

The Order Police
f6796c6a48a65b0040296f3044d180f6.jpg

Founded in 2084 on the eve of the Second Civil War, the Order Police were originally used as a Police unit specifically created for the control and detainment of unnaturals. All but one of the original Officers died during the war, putting hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment and training to waste. In an effort to save on government resources the project was dropped and replaced by the Night Police, a far more economically friendly means of eliminating the unnatural threat.
It was not until 2085 that the Order Police were reinstated as the Arm of the Interior Surveillance Branch of the government by Markus Finch. Answering only to the lead Surveillance agent himself, the Order Police now consist of a highly elite unit of Night Police, equipped with the latest technology available.
Including but not limited to
  • Taser Batons
  • Bullet Proof vests
  • Real time Heads Up Display connected to Equipment(Electronic)
  • Electronic Firearms – Comes in Variations(Rifles, Shotguns, Bolt Action, SMG's)
  • Thermal Vision
  • Shock Rounds – Similar to a paintball but similar to being hit with a Tazer but with the force of a Bullet behind it (Can cause death if hit in the head)
  • Gas Powered Sidearm – 9mm, Fires regular Ammunition
  • Tear Gas
  • Gasmask – Reflecting Panels over eye slots
  • Extra Filter
  • Flashbang Grenades
  • Battering Ram
  • Shaped Breaching Charges
They are responsible for black bag operations such as
  • Setting up Surveillance equipment
  • Data Retrieval / Searching of a premises
  • Detainment / Government sanctioned Kidnapping
The group is completely classified only the Men within the unit and Finch himself know about it...
Of course urban myths and Rumors have circulated about the black clad men that come in the night for you.

Reactions: Lilium
Awesome. I'll see if I can't write up a post tonight.

Annnd, posted

Last edited by a moderator:
so @RenegadeWolf hasn't replied to me yet, and I have a bunch to catch up on, so is it safe to assume my character has been allowed into the safehouse?

Sooo, after the revision of my app? Am I accepted or naw?

Hmmm, for some reason I wasn't getting updates to the thread listed in my alerts... So sorry, post coming up tonight!

@Gonzo Are you gonna post or should I just respond and then bring us into a crappy gross apartment room, haha?

I'll have a post up tomorrow(super fuckin busy man), but I was gonna have him stay in the lobby and keep watch/think to himself so you can move atticus and his future girlfriend to an apartment.

So I made my first IC post... just tell me if it sucks. I'm tough,

Sorry pc broke and I'm writing this with my phone. I will probably get it back tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a post up by tomorrow evening.

A good first post SheriffLlama, ties well into the current situation.

If anyone is unclear on my GM post - the first part is mainly targetted at Yolanda and Sean although Finch is nearby as well and can get involved if he so wishes; your aim is to get to the safe house immediately since you'll be shot or carted away to a testing facility if you don't ;) (with the except of Finch, of course).

The second stage address Katya, Vera and Dirk who are milling about in the safe house. I figure it gives you guys a little to play around with in your next posts and an idea of the next step. We're trying to move things on now as we're all in a bit of limbo so if everyone who's going to be at the safe house can make it there as quickly as possible, we'd greatly appreciate it.

(Also, Alexis is a character of mine from the previous RP - she has almost perfect control over electricity on any scale but is mostly on the fringes of the plot, spending most of her time in the UK. I'll be using her to direct people when needed).

Gonna do that post thing tonight.
Thanks for bringing the pain Jinx

Site is going down for most of the day, i hear, so make sure you're writing the post in a word doc or something! :)

can someone please catch me up on what's been going on? I've been really busy these last few days and everybody keeps posting. Tell me who is at the safehouse and who is not and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.