The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't mind zerk mode unless this wades into hulk territory. Because then that'd be a different power entirely. Set a limit to his zerk mode stats and you're good to go.

I think the Syndicate is where we're supposed to end up, so that's where I left off her history at.​

681ff5b226.jpg

Name: Vera Zeman
Alias: Vera "Blight"

Personality:
Vera is completely submissive; she is passive when it comes to other people's actions towards her. Even if she's treated like trash, at worst she'll only act distant. She feels awkward when people do things for her, and feels the need to do things for others. This is to such an extent that she could ironically even be considered 'needy.' She rarely does things for herself, and thus has few interests and hobbies. Although Vera is prone to hiding it, she does actually enjoy playing real-time strategy games. Should she get really into it, she can even despair over losing at such a game, feeling she completely failed her duty to protect those who relied on her.

Appearance:
Vera is rather average in height and weight (and three sizes,) reaching 5'5" at 130 lbs. (1.65m/59kg) She has long and dark hair, which is often decorated with one or two bows or accessories to make her otherwise 'dark and edgy' appearance more approachable. She often wears full body clothes along with gloves. Vera has a blind-fold, but she can easily see through it. That is because its purpose is to hide. While one of her eyes is a normal brown, the other is a festering and writhing mass of moving parasites, bright with blood and without pupil or iris. Similarly, when her clothes don't hide her flesh, it's easy to see movement under her skin.

Powers: Parasites
Parasites have completely taken over Vera's body, to the point where neither her bones, muscles, or blood can even be called her own. Nor can they be called those things. Rather than these things being the parasites, it's more like her mind is the one living off of them. They are highly adaptable and resilient, forming to fit the need. The parasites themselves form up Vera's inner body, and can easily be seen wriggling under her skin. Vera's brain is the one exception, only being half-infected.

The resilience and adaptability of these parasites provide a large benefit to survival. They allow Vera to take grievous wounds as well as poisons or toxins, and even survive harsh environments. Although she has something resembling blood, it's only purpose is the direct transmission of nutrients (and is actually edible to others!) If her 'lungs' are damaged beyond use, new parasites will work as 'lungs.' The only 'vulnerable' part of her is the brain. That said, if her arm is cut off, it's cut off. It's not like she can re-attach it... yet.

Additionally, Vera has found it possible to open up portions of her skin to create a mouth-like opening. The parasites form teeth, which although aren't that hard can at least penetrate flesh. From this mouth, an acidic slime can be produced. This slime is also capable of causing festering and rotting when in contact with living things. Through experimentation, it is also possible to use things 'eaten' to strengthen the bite of the teeth. However, since it causes problems with her body, she is unable to keep the material in her body for too long.

Weaknesses and Limitations:
There are a few practical and aesthetic weaknesses to her power. Practical: As stated, the teeth she makes are somewhat soft, and can only have their hardness imbued temporarily. The acid saliva, while damaging, is hardly fatal unless you let her gnaw on you for a minute or so. Despite that small damage output, this is her only ability that can be labeled as 'offensive.'

Aesthetic: Vera's parasites make her seem inhuman, and it's easy enough to think of her as such, even amongst the empowered. Due to the constant shift of parasites under her skin, it's almost implausible for her to be disguised as a normal human, unless she's decked out in conspicuous full-body clothing, including her parasitic eye.

Abilities: Cooking & Housekeeping. Patience, pain endurance. Skilled at observation. Slight strategical ability from games.

History:
Her parents immigrants, they lived in poverty. Vera Zeman had lead a hard life. That name wasn't even hers. Her parents had been murderers, and from an early age she had been left alone. While she wanted to forget her name, those around her didn't. They drove her away, transferring the sins of the parents onto the child. Perhaps it was because Vera accepted it without resistance that things escalated. No one bothered to raise her properly. Everyone pushed everything onto her.

Soon that extended to outsiders. She had been kidnapped, yet no one would even pay a dollar of ransom. Rather than let her go, she was sold in the slums. Life from there could easily be imagined. And yet, it was much worse. Because of her passive acceptance, her mind did not break. She accepted the suffering without going crazy. She accepted the scars on her body and soul. She even accepted the blindness that took one of her eyes. The only bit of happiness she received was that she was no longer Vera Zemen. She was Vera "Blight," named so out of spite.

One day, it was either an Angel or Devil that smiled upon her. Even she, who had only been used, had heard rumors of the super-powered humans called Empowered. Even she hoped to become one, it was a life better than one she had. ... It had certainly not been a happy transition. It had happened suddenly and all at once. The client ran away screaming in disgust. Vera was vomiting blood, her body in utter hell from pain. She could see it moving, could feel the things inside her. Soon she wasn't just expelling blood, but parts of her organs too. It was a bit too much when she was holding a piece of her own heart in her hands, veins trailing from her mouth. She was completely horrified when suddenly she regained vision in the eye she had lost so long ago.

Naturally she ran. It had happened, but she didn't know what to do. Naturally. Becoming an empowered was only a fantasy. The reality of it was not so pretty. Vera no longer had a place to stay. She had been taken care of in return for being used. Even a tool receives a certain amount of care. But she had no where to go and no one to trust. She couldn't even show her ever-moving body. It was only a matter of pure blind luck that she managed to be found by the Syndicate before being captured by the government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. What're the odds? Another Vera xD

Okay, reviewing your CS now.

I'm totally fine with a support role! The berserker stuff was less to make him physically capable and more to give him a healing limit.

How does this sound?

Powers: Dirk is able to transfer others' wounds to himself. In addition, based upon the pain he's feeling, he will gain endurance and strength. Taking on enough pain can cause Dirk to enter an enraged state, where his strength and endurance are increased further, but he loses the ability to transfer wounds upon himself any longer.

On a scale of 1 being mere irritation and 10 being on the verge of death:
1: Little effect beyond making Dirk slightly stronger than he should be with his size.
3: Dirk will gain the strength of an above-average male.
5: Maximum strength a regular human could possibly achieve.
7: This is the point where he starts to be enraged and loses the ability to transfer wounds on to himself. At this point, he is slightly beyond human capability. Could put a dent into a brick wall with a single punch. He is unable to think clearly in this state and is prone to extremely rash decisions.
9: Loses most of his reason. At this point he can easily lift a grown man and throw them ten to fifteen feet into the air.
10: Here and beyond is pain from wounds that would be considered fatal. Nothing like picking up cars or anything of that nature, but Dirk could probably slam into someone and send them flying at this stage. He completely loses his ability to reason between friend, foe, and fire hydrants at this point.

Weaknesses: Strength/endurance gained is based on pain, not severity of wounds. Being shot with a numbing agent could easily stop his powers. If he absorbs a fatal wound (or simply receives one), the ability only stops it from being fatal while he's enraged. Although it depends on the level of pain Dirk is under, enraged people tend to not to be able to distinguish between allies and enemies.

Last edited:
There's a previous Vera? Sorry, didn't see that. @.@

Alright, thanks.

@Atomyk I like it. Edit it in to your CS and you're approved.

@Ziogen Personally, I love your character's power. Its very interesting. But I would have to discuss it with the other GMs before I can approve it.

That said, the psychic abilities of the parasites get me iffy. The way you've described them leads me to believe that something like acidic blood or some sort of toxin would better suit it than pseudo telekinesis.

Awesome, I've edited it in. Sorry for all the trouble!

Well I don't mind with going pure biological ability, it just seemed fitting to add a 'super' power. The idea was that the parasites take over everything but the brain, which they use for psychic abilities. It also helped give her some form of active ability, since (right now) without it she'd be nothing more than a woman that's hard to kill.

With or without psychic-ness, I am perfectly okay with a character that screams 'Go Team Venture!' while all the others do the heavy lifting.

Also thanks for going over it so quickly. =O

@Atomyk You're approved~ Welcome to the RP.

@Ziogen You could give her a couple of crowd control abilities like poison spores, and just generally have her be a walking Blight? I don't know, I'm really not the best at these things x.x

Also, thank you, the two of you. For being so understanding and willing to discuss these things.

Reactions: Atomyk
Well if she doesn't get the psychic stuff, then I'll go with that kind of stuff probably.

Poor girl if that happens. Parasites and plagues. Forever Alone, Forever Vera.

GONZO IS JUS TOO OP WUT A NOOB!
That may be true, but you have to remember that Diego has been in other RPs before this. This is the 3rd installment, so to speak. So of course he'll be stronger/more experienced. He was one of the 1st generation of Supers/Empowered. Julius and Mari are the same.

Might be able to get a reply up tonight, Halloween doe.

I still think you're a hAx0r
Yeah, as Gonzo said Julius and Mari are kinda in the same boat. In terms of raw destructive power Diego's is the highest because it's so flexible? Julius could just brew up a hurricane on yo collective asses though.

Yeah, as Gonzo said Julius and Mari are kinda in the same boat. In terms of raw destructive power Diego's is the highest because it's so flexible? Julius could just brew up a hurricane on yo collective asses though.
OKAY OKAY CALM DOWN.

We all know who the REAL MVP is around here. Mari could take both Diego and Julius down at the same time :bananaman:

If this was the chat there would be puns and rimshots everywhere.

Oh yes.

On a side note: I'm very happy with the crew we've assembled here; everyone's posts are really up to scratch and we have a varied cast in both personality and power. I think we can take this particular RP far. Well done!

Welp I hope so too. There have been way too many rp's that died out so quickly. But seeing as we have 4 GM's for whom this is kinda number 4 in a series I don't see this dying out in the near future.

Sooo, not to seem pushy but has anyone given any suggestion/input on my app?

Status
Not open for further replies.