The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp I posted. If I assumed anything incorrectly about Mari's state plz tell me wolver and I will change it.

Room for one more, a normal human at that?

Room for one more, a normal human at that?
Hello. Thank you for expressing interest. Unfortunately, we don't have room for any other humans at the moment. You are welcome to make another Empowered character.
For the future, in case any human spots open up, they are graded much more strictly than Empowered CS's because there is less of a chance for humans to progress the desired plot.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lilium
Hello. Thank you for expressing interest. Unfortunately, we don't have room for any other humans at the moment. You are welcome to make another Empowered character.
For the future, in case any human spots open up, they are graded much more strictly than Empowered CS's because there is less of a chance for humans to progress the desired plot.
Thanks for the quick answer! For now I'll just watch and see if any human spots open, seeing as I'm not very interested in the Empowered as much which is too bad because this seems like a very interesting RP.
Once again thank you!

Thanks for the quick answer! For now I'll just watch and see if any human spots open, seeing as I'm not very interested in the Empowered as much which is too bad because this seems like a very interesting RP.
Once again thank you!
No problem. I'll message you if anything comes up.

Welp I posted. If I assumed anything incorrectly about Mari's state plz tell me wolver and I will change it.
Everything is fine! I should be posting soon enough if I don't fall asleep.

a3yzh1.jpg

Name: Nikolai Darvo Luzchezke

Alias: Lupus/Lupine

Personality: He's a fighter and a rule breaker, but he has a good heart. His goal is to survive but make friends along the way. While he may seem cold on the outside he's practically a teddy bear when you get down to it. He will select the under dog in a fight and battle it out until he cant fight any longer. While he has little regard for his own life he appreciates the lives of those who have befriended him.

Appearance: 6'1, 194lbs, Green Eyes, black fauxhawk, Many tattoos running along his entire body symbolizing his travels and important events.

Powers: Animalistic instincts, changing his body to match canines and lupines. Capable of transforming himself into a large creature resembling a bear/wolf (Will happen later in the story) and basic homolupine traits.

Weaknesses and limitations: Very sImilar to a regular humans, capable of being shot or killed relatively easily. Electricity is a very effective method to take him down with.

Abilities: Speaks Russian. Above average endurance and strength due to his abilities.

History: Born to none and left on a doorstep he grew up in an orphanage in a rough part of the country. He grew tough from beatings from the older boys in the orphanages and eventually grew to the size that he was the one giving the beatings, and it was around this time he started noticing he was slightly different from his bunkmates. His nails seemed to grow longer and thicker, his canines were sharper and slightly elongated, nothing that anyone would notice without explicitely looking. But he also discovered other things about himself, he found that his endurance had grown somewhat, that he could smell things his others couldnt, that he could hear the rats in the basement and the people in cars outside driving past. After he reached the age of 16 they were legally no longer allowed to keep him in their care and he took to the streets, stealing, pickpocketing and fighting for money just to get a good meal in. Eventually he grew very fond of the under ground, and started making more money fighting. He attended parties with people that he had no doubt the women at the orphanage would not approve of, he found himself turning to alcohol often and waking up with bruises he couldnt remember getting.

He soon took to getting tattoos, each detailing things from his life, it ended up that he was getting a new one nearly everyone week. It became him fighting just to finish the masterpiece, just to make himself something that someone would give two glances at if they found him on the side of the road. Soon he ran out of room on his body and shaved the sides of his head in order to put more tattoos on his head, he couldnt help it but it was therapeutic to him. After a year or so of doing this he began noticing a man frequent his fights, one day he decided to confront the man and when the two shook hands the man cut Nikolai's arm drawing a fair amount of blood. The man offered a handkerchief and then took it back into his pocket after sopping up some of the blood, Nikolai thought this was very strange and left. He continued walking from the bar and found himself a motel room, the room was poorly heated and offered little in decor but still it had a door and a lock. He hopped into the shower and felt the boiling hot water then the freezing cold strike him, he tried to find a towel in the room anywhere and ended up drying off with a curtain. He had locked all the windows and the door was deadbolted, no one was coming in this room. He turned the lights off and laid down on the floor staring at the door, soon he drifted off to sleep but later in the night he swore he heard the sounds of men outside trying to pick the lock.

The next day he was in the tattoo parlor again, touching up the tattoos that had been damaged by the cut. He thought back to the man and was still confused about it, he asked the owner of the parlor for a drink and the man came back with a bottle of vodka and shot glasses. Nikolai graciously accepted as was the custom in Russia even in the worst parts, he started to feel a bit dizzy soon after. He wasnt drunk, his tolerance was far too high for that. But he was definitely under some kind of influence, he looked around and saw shadows dance behind the door, the shop owner looked nervous and took a few steps back telling the artist to step back. Nikolai looked towards the door as it was blown open by a battering ram. Men dressed in black combat gear stormed inside and Nikolai tried to lift himself off the chair but could hardly move his legs, he managed to stumble about a foot away from the men then crumpled to the floor. While on the floor he shouted at them but it no doubt came as slurs, they clearly did not fear him. One brought out an electric baton and brought it to Nikolai's temple, momentary pain then instantaneous darkness. He found himself in a lab with several other people, most his age, some slightly younger or older. He endured many pains and many joys while there, they experimented on him yes, but he learned he was capable of more than just good hearing and smell. He knew he was more than just a street rat who was picked up to be chow for some dog. After an uncountable amount of time and circumstances he can hardly remember he managed to make it out of that hell alongside a few others.

Other: Not a fan of authority figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of making a character, but it's too late right now to actually do it. One idea revolves around density powers, and another idea involves psychic parasites. I'll decide which and get to it tommorow.

Alright, time for a GM post. *cue groans and boos*

I've noticed that most of you keep destroying squads of night police like they're toy soldiers. They're not. They're highly trained and geared specifically towards combat with supers. They are fully capable of coordinating and using advanced battle tactics.

Your characters will not come out of such skirmishes with perfect hair and not even a scratch on them.

So please keep these facts in mind while posting.

The Assassin of Fun has spoken <3

As Lillium said, most new characters will be in the early stages of discovering their powers and these squads are specifically trained to deal with any Empowered.

Leave the trolling of Normals 'til later. M'kay?

QgQsFTq.png

Name: Dirk Farrington

Personality: Dirk likes to present himself as a confident sort of person. He'll stand up straight, keep his shoulders square, and offer a handshake to most people he meets. However, Dirk tends to be wary of people. He's pretty sensitive and can take even slight comments to heart. He's easy to put on the defensive. He hides his insecurities, often being snide or sarcastic to cover it.

Generally not a happy boy, Dirk likes to keep to himself. The façade he attempt to put on for others often exhausts him, as Dirk over thinks a lot. He doesn't desire to go out of his way to do much of anything. He sticks to a schedule, or at least attempts to. If one does manage to strike up a conversation with Dirk, he'll attempt to avoid talking about himself. He likes to ask questions, thinking himself a far better listener than talker.

Appearance: Dirk is slightly chubby and out of shape. He stands only at a height of 5'6". He's taken to usually getting buzz cuts in order to avoid worrying about his hair and having to feel self-conscious about that as well. He often wears long sleeve shirts and sweaters in order to mask the fact that he's out of shape. Long sleeves also help himself not think about it as often. He'll often not wear shorts either, for similar reasons.

Powers: Dirk is able to transfer an Empowered's wounds to himself. In addition, based upon the pain he's feeling, he will gain endurance and strength. Taking on enough pain can cause Dirk to enter an enraged state, where his strength and endurance are increased further, but he loses the ability to transfer wounds upon himself any longer.

On a scale of 1 being mere irritation and 10 being on the verge of death:
1: Little effect beyond making Dirk slightly stronger than he should be with his size.
3: Dirk will gain the strength of an above-average male.
5: Maximum strength a regular human could possibly achieve.
7: This is the point where he starts to be enraged and loses the ability to transfer wounds on to himself. At this point, he is slightly beyond human capability. Could put a dent into a brick wall with a single punch. He is unable to think clearly in this state and is prone to extremely rash decisions.
9: Loses most of his reason. At this point he can easily lift a grown man and throw them ten to fifteen feet into the air.
10: Here and beyond is pain from wounds that would be considered fatal. Nothing like picking up cars or anything of that nature, but Dirk could probably slam into someone and send them flying at this stage. He completely loses his ability to reason between friend, foe, and fire hydrants at this point.

Weaknesses: Strength/endurance gained is based on pain, not severity of wounds. Being shot with a numbing agent could easily stop his powers. If he absorbs a fatal wound (or simply receives one), the ability only stops it from being fatal while he's enraged. Although it depends on the level of pain Dirk is under, enraged people tend to not to be able to distinguish between allies and enemies.

Abilities: A knack for photography, which sometimes lends Dirk the patience to spot things others might miss. He tends to get lost in his own head, but he can be thoughtful as a result.

History: Dirk's mother was sort of well-known in the area as she was once a news anchor for a local newscast within NYC. Dirk always found it fascinating to see his mother on television and decided at a young age he wanted to just be like her. His interests changed throughout his early teens and he eventually decided he'd rather be behind the cameras rather than in front of them. For eighteen years of his life, Dirk didn't imagine his future would be anything special.

His powers had started to develop since he was sixteen, but they weren't strong enough to amount to anything and Dirk never quite understood he even had any power. It was a single instance of Dirk touching another kid on the arm and the cut on their arm disappearing. It had seemed freaky at the time, especially so when Dirk noticed the cut on his own arm some time later, but nothing big enough for Dirk to think much of. Most of the time when Dirk came in contact with people who had cuts or bruises, this never happened.

His father had been a big fan of baseball. Although Dirk decided he didn't like playing the game after only a few months of being on a team, he still watched games with has father. He enjoyed having an interest he could share with his dad, and they often attended games. At eighteen years old, Dirk attended a game with his father much like usual, but something tragic occurred that day. A teenager in the stands suddenly burst into flames, his screams sending the people around him into a frenzy and the fire from his body spreading out toward the people closest to him. Dirk's father had been one of these unlucky people. When it was all over, the teen was dead, his body burned beyond recognition. All-in-all, there had been five casualties in total. Dirk's father had died later in the hospital.

There was much confusion surrounding the incident. It had been rather chaotic and witnesses gave varying recollections. The incident was reported widely to be a "freak accident". Of course, this event made Dirk became very wary. He had been in the hospital waiting on his father after the incident when he accidentally bumped into a younger boy heading into the Emergency. They were wounded, and the brief contact transferred a few cuts and scrapes on to Dirk. He later told his mother that he'd fallen down, but he was starting to understand that there was something off with himself. It occurred to him, after his father had died, that it was possible there was a connection between himself and the teenager who set himself on fire. Dirk started fearing for his own life, worried that he was a monster and that he wouldn't be able to control himself eventually either. He fell into a depression along with his mother, who took leave from her job due to her grief.

It was later that year when knowledge of Unnaturals became public knowledge and the Civil War broke out. Dirk understood fully then what he was, but he realised it was easy for him to hide his ability. Really, he had little idea how to actually make it work. Still, knowing who he was unsettled him. He didn't know what his mother would do if she lost him as well. He was faced with a decision: Did he try to learn more about his powers in order to possibly better control them, or did he avoid the use of them entirely?

Last edited:
Well I'm no GM, but it seems to me that the power boils down to 'takes wounds from others > puts wounds on himself > giving himself wounds heals his wounds'. Seems a bit nonsensical, tbh (am I understanding it right?). Maybe something more along the lines of transferring injury from one person to another? (I had an interesting image of you stabbing yourself in the gut and watching someone double over in mortal pain)

@Lili
I was assuming (and made note of in my post) that a lot of these were more normal police units as opposed to the true specialty soldiers (and empowered soldiers) the Night Police includes. GONZO IS JUS TOO OP WUT A NOOB!

Wound transferral would be interesting, but that seems pretty easy to take advantage of. (I mean, stabbing yourself in the gut over and over again and transferring it each time isn't going to be fun, but it's possible)

Right now it's basically just a healing ability, but with a price and all that. Healing his own wounds afterwards is just so he can continue to use the ability in short amounts of time, and the fire is supposed to be like a phoenix or something... Yeah, it's a bit nonsensical XD.

Ah, i see I see... And sorry, haha. I'm not trying to nitpick it, I swear! (that's Lili's job :P )

So is the healing ability allows him to heal others and the price is that he brings the wound to himself... I guess the only issue I see is the fire healing himself part of it because his power allows him to save someone else from a mortal wound by taking the mortal wound on himself, but then the energy he gets from taking the mortal wound is enough to heal the wound. Seems like he could basically heal anyone from any wound without worries, which would be a bit OP. Maybe focusing more around the Fire/Phoenix bit? Like absorbing energy from people wounding him and then he can turn it into fire... I dunno! XD

I'm going to have to agree with Loopy here. His wound transference I can approve of, but the whole absorbing enough energy from it to heal himself as well doesn't make much sense. Rather, it defeats the entire purpose of the wound transference - technically, it's not even healing. The bit about fire seems a bit random and like it doesn't really have much to do with his power.

It was supposed to be akin to a phoenix's resurrection, with the healing and the fire, though I admit it was flimsy imagery, haha. My issue with wound transference is that in no time Dirk would be largely useless, so the healing was to weaken its impact on himself, while it still affecting him in some manner.

What if I changed it around and worded it something like:

Powers: Dirk is able to transfer others' wounds to himself. In addition, based upon the pain he's feeling, he will gain endurance and strength. Taking on enough pain can cause Dirk to enter an enraged state, where his strength and endurance are increased further, but he loses the ability to transfer wounds upon himself any longer.

Weaknesses: Strength/endurance gained is based on pain, not severity of wounds. Being shot with a numbing agent could easily stop his powers. If he absorbs a fatal wound, the ability only stops it from being fatal while he's enraged. Although it depends on the level of pain Dirk is under, enraged people tend to not to be able to distinguish between allies and enemies.

This way, Dirk isn't healing the wounds he gains, but is able to still function. The drawback being that taking on too much pain will turn him into a frenzied state.

... Or I could just change the power entirely, haha.

Last edited:
Wow, i think that is a very interesting twist on that ability. He'd always be trying to balance between taking the pain of others and not losing himself.

Once again, not a GM, but you have my blessing! :)

EDIT:
It's also much like my character in the sense that as he gets more injured he becomes stronger, but as he becomes stronger he is putting himself at greater and greater risk!

Well, the thing about healers is that while it is arguably one of the most useful powers, it is largely a support role. Healers rarely have many combat capabilities, if any. I highly doubt a healer would be considered 'useless', especially with the probability of other character's being injured quite often.

As for his power, it could work if you give him above average resilience, letting him shrug off most wounds and giving him a regeneration factor. That way, the wounds he transfers to himself don't affect him as badly as they would someone else. He'd still need time to recover and heal from it, of course. Just an idea.

As for the berserker thing, I don't really see it working too well because even in his enraged state, he would still have to resort to melee, moves which a regular human would be capable of. Against most Empowered, that's really not much. Or even against the soldiers.

The main question is, as a healer, you'd have to be content with a support role in terms of combat. Are you alright with that?

His strength and endurance gain could be far above the levels of a normal human. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.