The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC is up! Those of you who have been accepted, feel free to start posting.

clicky!

AtmosphereSlug1_zps249473fe.jpg

Name: Sean Davis

Appearance: Sean is a fairly average looking man, just under six feet tall with lightly tanned skin with a few tattoo's marking either arm. The most prominent being a quill above an ellipses on his right wrist. Dark brown eyes, somewhat sunken and perpetually tired looking on a lightly pock marked face. Black hair kept almost completely shaven, save for a short, flat mohawk.

Powers: Trade teleportation. Sean can teleport himself or any object he's holding with another one up to 50 feet away. The size and weight of the object and the distance determines the strain it puts on Sean.

Limitations: Sean needs to see the object he's trading, and he needs to be holding or touching the object he is using to trade he cannot do it remotely. For whatever reason, trading with another person or living being puts more of a strain on him, and makes him nauseous the more he does it or the farther away the person is.

Skills: Sean was homeless for several years and in that time he learned a great deal about survival, especially in an urban environment. He's decent at sizing people up at a first glance, and remembering little things, important or otherwise. And due to his empowerment, is pretty good at stealing things.

Personality: Sean is an easygoing kind of guy, he enjoys a good time when he gets to know people. He usually acts like a hardass around people and tries not to let people in on his life but usually ends up opening up at some point. And deep down he's just young and excitable, he's seen enough in his time to make it easy to hold it in, but when he's comfortable he opens up easily. Sean may be a hardass with a heart of gold, but isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to live, killing is an option for Sean, it's more often than not in self defense.

Sean enjoys helping out and often does it by compulsion, even if his sense of justice is a bit skewed and tends to favor things beneficial for him. That isn't the only way he handles things but it seems to happen more often than not. He longs for a good sense of family somewhere deep down, but would be hesitant to say that out loud.

History: Sean Davis was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. His early life was uneventful albeit a little rough, growing up in a bad neighborhood. By the time Sean was 18 he'd run away from home, this was around the time Sean had realized his power, his parents didn't take to it as kindly as he would have hoped and were ready to disown him or give him away to the government. Sean lived with a friend for several years, and for a good amount of time things worked out, he maintained a steady job with no one knowing of his empowerment. His friend eventually found out, catching Sean practicing late at night and once again another person close to him made him lose trust in those without powers. For the next several years, as a war raged on around him and people like him were being killed or captured or worse, he managed to avoid any serious trouble but came close more than once. Recently he'd caught wind of a group of Empowered banding together somewhere in Brooklyn. Rumored to be much larger than any he'd ever encountered if the rumors were to be believed. Now all he'd have to do is find them.

tumblr_mkphko65dU1qh2gozo6_500.png

Name: Haylee O'Neil

Alias: Beast Whisperer

Personality: Haylee is what people usually calls a "little shit". She doesn't care about the Unnatural and neither does she care about the Normal, she cares mostly about herself and herself only, with a few exceptions. She's selfish and most of her actions won't have a motive besides her own amusement, again, most won't have, this doesn't mean she's incapable of unselfish actions, even though "unselfish motives" are something that does not exist to the girl.

Haylee can be extremely manipulative when viable, and when not feasible too, it really depends on her mood. Sarcasm might be her favorite word of all, since it is something she uses all day everyday, it can get tiring to those around her. People might think she doesn't understand the concept of "serious situations", and with good reason. She can't keep quiet for too long, and this has proved to be a problem when she almost died because she had gotten too distracted with the sound of her own voice. When bored, the red head tends to do stupid things just because she can.

However, despite all this selfishness and bullshit, whenever Haylee loves someone or something, she'll love deeply. She feels deeply. She'll do the possible, and the impossible, to protect those she loves and cares about. And this is why she's so afraid of sentiment. She's afraid of falling in love and becoming blind, she's afraid of the pain of losing someone dear. So, becoming attached to somebody is not an option. It never was, and never will.

Appearance:
Height: 5.4,5 ft (164 cm)
Weight: 55 kg
Eye color: Emerald green
Hair color: Natural red
Special characteristics: Haylee has a horse tattoo on her side
color-ink-flower-and-horse-tattoo-on-left-side-rib.jpg

Powers: Animal Control. Haylee can control and speak to any animal, insects included. Whenever she is controlling them, her eyes will gleam brightly, this is why she always carry dark glasses with her. Despite being able to control the animals, and understand them, she can feel if any is close by and what kind it is, this can be rather helpful whenever there's no animal in sight and she finds herself in a complicated situation.

Weaknesses and limitations: - Haylee's mood can and will affect her control over the animal;, if she's calm, they will stay calm, if she's angry, the animals will be more aggressive and ruthless. However, it is highly not recommendable for her to control animals during a blind rage, since the animals will become blind as well and she will lose her control over them, making them uncontrollable and dangerous on their rage.

- She cannot control too many animals at once. The number of animals she can control will solely depend on their size, weight, strength, and her own energy and strength as well. By instance, she can control up to 15 cats at once, but only 3 lions (or any other animals that resemble lions). The same thing will happen with insects, but in a much more larger scale, the number will depend on the dangerousness of them (if they carry any mortal illness or poison). By instance, Haylee can control up to 300 butterflies, but only 15 wasps. If any of these numbers are ignored and she tries to control more than the possible, she'll lose her power for days, weeks or even months. Death is also a possibility.

- Haylee can only control animals that are within her visual range, she can call an animal that is not in it, but to fully control it she has to be able to see it.

- If too much time of control has passed (again, the time will depend on the type of animal, but usually it's 2~4 hours +), Haylee will start to physically feel whatever the animal(s) is(are) feeling, this includes pain.

Abilities: -Singing;
- Creation of creative nicknames;
- Basic medical attendance;
- Stealing;
- Pickpocketing;
- Being able to sleep in the most unexpected places;
- Spying

History: Haylee grew up on the street as a homeless. As a kid, an old man, also homeless, "adopted" her and started to take care of the little girl as if she was his own daughter, he fed her, stole clothes for her, told her stories to sleep, he became her father. Steve, the old man, taught her how to take care of herself, and in short time, she became one of the best pickpockets of the city. He knew that his time on earth was ending, so he tried to teach the girl everything he knew about the world, he told her to never trust someone, he told her how emotions and sentiment will only delay her and how they will be used against her by others, and then he taught her how to use these emotions against others, he told her about the selfishness of the world and if she wanted to survive she would have to be selfish as well, he told her about love and how much it hurts. Needless to say, Haylee grew up as a child too adult. But the world was cruel and it didn't have the time to innocence.

When Haylee was 12 years old, Steve died of a heart attack. The girl didn't cry, not a single tear was shed that day. There was no need after all, the old man was dead, crying wouldn't bring him back. So she moved on, but this time alone.

At the age of 15, the first animal spoke to her. A raven, a big beautiful raven, spoke to her. At first, Haylee thought she was going crazy, but later she realized that, whenever she talked back, the animal would understand. And she loved it so much. Because, unlike humans, animals do not betray, animals are loyal. So she spoke, and spoke, and spoke. A year later, she controlled the first animal, it was an accident. In a fit of rage, she ordered a nearby cat to attack the asshole that was trying to get under her pants, it was a shock to him as much as it was a shock to her when the cat buried its claws deep on the guy's face. Once she calmed down, and the cat did as well, there was nothing more that resembled a face on other's head, the skin had been peeled off and blood was painted everywhere. The cat went away leaving small red footprints.

Nowadays, Haylee has a much better control of her power, a power that she uses to her own gain. She is a Neutral, she'll fight on the side that benefits her more, it doesn't matter which one. She already fought for the Normal as much as she fought for the Unnatural, and the payment of both sides were good. Really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GreatWest Love the CS. Very interesting power and character. However, I would have to ask you to add to the weakness a little bit, specifically about her visual range. Could you please state that she can only control animals that are currently in her visual range? I don't mind her ability to call animals to her.

@GreatWest Approved. Welcome to the rp!

Feel free to post in the IC. All of our characters are en route to the safe house, or already there.

DAMN IT! I lost my post that I wasn't able to post due to RPG going kaput, but in other news i'm going to wait for Jules to get his last post from OG thread before I throw my post up.

Hey Lili, I think I forgot to mention in my CS but can Atticus have some light regeneration added to his power set??
His blood control is rather weak to start off with and allowing him to close most small wounds with a bit of effort would make it so I don't have to write him bandaging himself after every little thing...

Hey Lili, I think I forgot to mention in my CS but can Atticus have some light regeneration added to his power set??
His blood control is rather weak to start off with and allowing him to close most small wounds with a bit of effort would make it so I don't have to write him bandaging himself after every little thing...
Yes, that's totally fine.

I see there's already dissention brewing among the ranks during my short absence. *shakes her head*

@LupusIntus but mummies are sexy now!

On a serious note, that sounds like an excellent addition to his power set.

Thanks EVERYONE BUT GONZO! *sticks out tongue*

gary_oldman_2_by_donchild-d50cd56.jpg

Name: Markus Finch

Alias:
The Fox, The Grey Man (He is known as different names among different Circles)

Personality: Markus Finch is a liar, always has been and most likely always will be. His egotistical nature means he often considers himself better than almost everyone he meets. He often enjoys flaunting his control over people's lives when they annoy or fail to listen to him. Even with these glaring flaws Finch seems to keep an act of cheerfulness. Underneath his layer of cheer lies a lonely miserable man filled with regret waiting to die alone. Young girls hold a special place in Finch's heart and he will generally go out of his way to protect them.

Appearance: 170 Ibs, 6'2, Jet Black hair with a touch of graying, Some wrinkled features, clean shaven, Wears a Gray suit, Carries a Fox encrusted Cane and Pocket Watch

Powers: None

Weaknesses and limitations: All those of a normal human, Leg injury forces him to walk with a cane, Mental distraught.

Abilities:
-Sharp Mind: Finch is smart to say the least.
-Silver Tongue: Finch lies for a living and has become exceptionally good at it. This also gives him the ability to tell when other people are lying much of the time.

History: <::ACCESSING CLASSIFIED INFORMATION::>
<::ACCESS DENIED::>

Other:
-Finch is a Normal Human

-Finch's past is completely classified

[BCOLOR=#999999]-Grey is a special color[/BCOLOR]

-The provided picture is of the Order Police(The men under Finch's command)
The order police are a special branch of the night police specifically used for black bag ops.
riot police shield molotov cocktail 1280x1024 wallpaper_www.artwallpaperhi.com_89.jpg
This painting depicts the heroic actions of the only surviving member of the original Order Police unit against the unnaturals.

• Love
Reactions: Lilium
Status
Not open for further replies.