The Untouchables; Windy City Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BearEnthusiast

Stolen. 8) If you tell me what font that is I can probably keep updating for the new roster entries.

As far as IC goes, I'm probably going to wait for confirmed participants to submit their sheets before I conjure it up. ^^

@Shizuochan

It's AR BONNIE. I can continue them for you if you'd like though, I don't mind. plus tbh in retrospect I think I can make better icons than the ones I sent just now -w- lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I was actually just asking out of courtesy tbh hoping you'd volunteer

(I CAN'T INTO GRAPHICS)

• Love
Reactions: Bears
Finally. Second character completed. Hope you like it, Shiz. :)

NAME: Pod of Cimex
ALIAS: The Tramp from Planet M.
APPEARANCE:

b7bdd134bea831c0486cbf1bdeb83bd8.jpg

PERSONALITY: The best way to describe Pod personality wise is childlike. Being from another planet, in particular one much more advanced than our own in some way and less advanced in others, with humans evolved from an entirely different species, He has a mostly hard time adapting to and understanding Earth and Human customs and behaviour. Rather than making his annoying or a hindrance, it simply makes him curious and sometimes confused and cold to some of humanity's "stranger" aspects. When it comes to Human in general however, he generally prefers them over his own kind, both for their larger range of emotions (the likes of which his own people had once used) and the fact that they at least seem to care about the preservation of intelligent and rare life. (for the most part.) Despite this, Pod shows a small degree of clumsiness while off the field of battle, which can sometimes rub people the wrong way.

Due to his past, Pod sees any chance to do good for anyone as a chance of redemption as well as a chance to be excepted into human society. He has often been described as scatterbrained but friendly and eager as well as energetic. While he wisely keeps his true otherworldly origin a secret from the world at large, (his status as a modern folktale aside,) his naive trust for his comrades (who he considers to be his friends) causes him to openly share his true nature, as on his planet one is expected to share such secrets and have little privacy. This in turn sometimes causes him to get involved in things that don't concern him. In these situations at least, Pod is quick to learn and is highly apologetic once being told his error. Pod's past has also strengthened his appreciation for freedom and his desire to protect the Earth from losing it as his world had done and sees any major social disaster as a threat to it.

Despite his effectiveness while in battle, Pod is in reality peace loving, disliking meaningless combat and often feeling ashamed should someone get hurt unnecessarily because of his powers. Through that same trait, he also shows a decent amount of affection for common household pets. When he sees innocents or those he cares about being threatened directly however, Pod is quick to put these feelings aside and fight to the end to protect or avenge the victim(s). Pod also suffers from two distinct naming quirks native to most if not all Scarabaeuns. The 1st is the habit of putting the word of between a person's first and second name when addressing them both directly and indirectly, as this is how names are phrased on his home world. (Example: Elliot of Ness.) The second being his lack of contractions during conversation, instinctively Will not and I am instead of Won't and I'm.

POWERS/ABILITIES:

The inhabitants of The Limax Nebula are all evolutionary descendants of various types of unknown species of alien insects While many of them have developed a more human like appearance over countless millennia, many of their ancestral traits still remain even now. By 1929, the people of Scarabaeus had more or less settled into their permanent form of being and retain/had retained the most important/notable abilities of their closest relatives. These are as follows:

Near 360-Degree Vision - While his eyes might not be segmented, Pod, like most of his people, can bulge his eyes out of their sockets in such a way that he can see in an almost 360 degree angle, allowing him to see all but what is directly behind him. Although he can see some of what might be coming from behind, it often appears blurred. This also, regrettably, makes his eyes more vulnerable to attacks.

Wall-Crawling - Scarabaeuns also posses highly adhesive skin which, when willed to, allows them to stick to almost any dry surface, even with the inclusion of clothing. This way, provided his clothes aren't too thick, Pod can scale, crawl, walk or even run up any building as long as it isn't wet, as moisture negates this ability entirely.

Enhanced Speed - Many insects are also naturally quick and agile, and the people of Scarabaeus are more than happy to have held onto this power as long as they have. With the right amount of concentration and stamina, they can theoretically dodge any long range attack that comes their way. Sadly, this does not often account for close ranged fighting. It does on the other hand, give Pod the ability to sprint, run and jump 3 times faster than most human beings, giving his a distinct edge when it comes to fighting.

Acid Spit - Nearly a vast majority of the sapient beings that populate The Limax Nebula posses glands where tonsils would usually be that allow them to, for lack of a better term, willingly salivate sulphuric acid. Pod's people are no exception and the spit of his own people, has the power to melt through almost any material with the exception of Steel. It also has the capability off burning flesh, but this is something that Pod is reluctant to use it for.

Poison Secretion - In place of the stingers possessed by their ancestors, the Scarabaeuns have instead evolved to a point where their can make their paralysing toxins secrete from their fingertips. While the poisons are by no means deadly, they are moderately painful to the touch and any unfortunate who happens to get them on their skin will end up in a state of near full paralysis for three quarters of an hour.

HISTORY: In the middle northern section of the known cosmos, far, far away from our own galaxy, there lies a Globular Cluster of planets and stars known as The Limax Neblula. Here, all sapient life descended not from Apes like our own species, but from almost human sized Insects. In the outer reaches of this cluster lies a planet of Pink seas, Red earth and Brown skies known to it's inhabitants as Scarabaeus. The people of this planet, while possessing humanoid appearances, have managed to retain most of their insect traits. Further more, through their larger imaginations and thought processes, they have managed to advance further technologically than ourselves by approximately 163 years circa 1850. By that time they had their own equivalents of what we now know as the Internet, Cellular Technology, Television and even High Speed Transportation.

Socially, they were more advanced than we are even today. Because of this, the Scarabaeun people lived in relative peace, progress, happiness and harmony for decades. that is until, during the last weeks before the dawn of the 20th century, there was a feeling of stagnation and unrest culturally and socially among the populi of the cities and towns that littered the planet's surface. Although they had reached peeks of civilisation that most of us on Earth could only dream of, their many years of peaceful existence had somehow caused a sizeable percentage of the population to become restless and angry. Feeling as if the extensive time of peace had caused society to stagnate as well as causing themselves and their follow humanoids to become soft. Many of these misguided people longed for the days of exploration and conquest of their forefathers and due to the refusal of their government to do so, many lashed out.

Foolishly these warning signs were ignored by the planetary government, who ignorantly believed that the problem would simply fade away in due time. Instead, by ignoring the problem through blissful innocence, the problem only grew. This in turn lead to opposition, which inevitably lead to speeches, marches, riots, unprovoked attacks rebellion and finally, revolution. The then ruling government was overthrown and executed and the leader of the fascist rebellion, Stis of Lumbric, rose to power. As Stis began to rebuild the planet's military to fit the party's ideals, the once peaceful, accepting world fell to darkness, hate, control and imperialism. One by one the planets of the The Limax Neblula fell before the might of this great evil. Many cities were reduced to rubble and millions of innocents were either enslaved or destroyed by barbaric and meaningless conflicts.

Then, 76 years after the revolution, Emperor Stis IV came to the conclusion than his empire must extend beyond the boundaries of the known nebula, and scout ships were sent to search for suitable planets to conquer. By chance, the Empire came across our own galaxy, with the only inhabitable planet within. Earth. Stis, seeing the Earth as mostly worthless, intended to strip what resources he could from it and use it's humanoid life as slaves in a mining colony. In the space of a year, he had assembled and sent a reasonably sized and manned ship to become to herald of this invasion. All were entirely loyal to the cause and were more than happy to rob sapient life of it's freedom. All, except one. A young private of the 3rd Infantry Division. Pod of the once noble house of Cimex. Following the revolution, his family had been shamed and ruined for daring to stand against Stis I. Never the less, The House of Cimex had kept the faith that peace would return to their home world alive in their hearts and indeed Pod had grown up with stories about what life was like before the revolution. The only reason he was in the army was due to mandatory conscription of every able bodied male and female who had reached the age of 17.

Pod would have been quickly turned into a mindless drone of his planet's military, had Stis not been so eager to pump out soldiers as fast as possible. Many young men were already mindlessly obedient and willing to die for their leader due to their parent's and grandparents own loyalty to the original emperor. Thank's to Pod's upbringing however, he was less susceptible to military brainwashing. and managed to lie his way into the army by feigning loyalty. This was not without it's trauma however, as most of his training consisted of target practice. Specifically with live sapient targets from other planets in the nebula. The guilt of having to do this had tortured him ever since. Not wanting The Milky Way to end up mined to death and fearing that staying on Scarabaeus was a waste of time and that the planet would never be free again, He had decided to escape from Stis' clutches and sabotage the invasion plans, before Earth could fall to the Empire.

What Pod was forced to do, would haunt him for years. After the test vessel traversed the light years from Scarabaeus to Earth in the span of a week, (thanks to new wormhole technology developed by the planet's scientists,) the plan was to test the weapons out on one of The Planet's smaller countries. If it fell with little trouble, then the full invasion fleet would teleport themselves to our galaxy and complete the takeover. Instead, one night in mid spring of 1928 when the spaceship wasp flying over the Atlantic ocean, Pod disguised himself as a technician broke into the main engine room and began either paralysing those inside with his poison, or killing them with his acid. By the time the rest of the crew realised what was happening, it was too late. As the ship crashed into the Atlantic, Pod escaped via one of the emergency rockets and managed to pilot the shuttle all the way to the United States before crashing it in rural Maine. Perhaps out of embarrassment, Stis did not attempt another full invasion of the Earth for several years afterwards.

Trapped in this strange and new environment, Pod was guilt ridden over what he had to do to protect his new home from a fate worse than destruction. For weeks, he wandered the landscape of his new home, trying to see what it had to offer but still unable to shake the torment of the lives he had taken. It wasn't until he stumbled upon the town of Hart's Location, New Hampshire that he began to change his outlook. This was when he used his kind's abilities to help a Poultry Farming family out of a jam by scaring away a moneylender who intended to take the farm as payment and evict the occupants. Feeling a sense of newfound purpose from this, Pod left New Hampshire with a plan mostly formed in his mind.

For the rest of the year and well into the next, Pod travelled across the East Coast and into the Mid-West, using his powers to assist and aid those he could while continuing to study humanity, the earth and it's ways, all the while wearing his military uniform under more traditional earth clothes. The more he travelled the more he seemed to help those in need, both rich and poor, both big and small. While most of the people he met simply dismissed him as a slightly crazy special wanting to be left alone and those who did discover his true nature happily kept his secret, before long tales of his deeds began to grow across the states where he'd roamed in the form of tall tales and urban legends. This is how he humorously earned his infamous nickname. "The Tramp from Planet S." Of course, very few truly believed that it was an Alien doing all these deeds and so, said deeds were, as mentioned before, dismissed as the actions of a hermit special who was either crazy or lying for unknown reasons.

However, as Pod continued to travel the country, he began to notice some changes than made him feel uncomfortable. During the latter part of 1929, he began to notice that the air of optimism that his new neighbours had been exhibiting ever since his arrival and introduction to humans, had largely dissolved. In it's place was a sense of sadness and the cry of hard times. Once fertile land dried up and turned to dust, the dirt roads he travelled up began full of trucks of people with all of their belongings on them, looking for work that simply wasn't there and worst of all, crime. Although these were not the elements that caused the revolution back home, Pod began to worry that such an environment could result in something similar.

When Pod finally reached the state of Illinois, he heard news of the goings on in a city called "Chicago" and of two men known as Johnny of Torrio and Al of Capone. Men who's names were often whispered in fear and concern by those he heard utter them. Apparently, these two men were, if the stories were true, powerfull, fearful and wicked men who, with an army of agents, killed and intimidated those unlucky enough to cross their paths. Pod also heard that both men were involved in the production of the illegal liquid known as "Alcohol." Pod didn't know much about the stuff, but from what he had heard from a pastor at a church in Kentucky once, the liquid was more of less "poison." Fearing the amount lives these "assassins" planned to take with it, and feeling helpless to prevent these events from occurring on his own, Pod fell to his knees just outside the city limits in tears, wishing that he could do something to stop Torrio and Capone. Little did he realise that, a few seconds later, his prayers would be answered by a mysterious man in a black, pinstriped suit, looking down at him with interest.

@HellHoundWoof

Reading that actually makes me hope we reach World War Two in terms of timeline. Probably won't happen but t'd be cool to fight some Nazis at some point. :)

Reactions: AllStarGP
Sorry for being so quiet (and late, for that matter) in getting back to you @Shizuochan. I won't be able to do this, unfortunately. Math has been exhausting me out as it is, along with psychology and creative writing homework— and the other rps I'm already in. There's just too much going on right now for me to really get into the mood for this roleplay.

@rhea

Sorry to hear that, rhea. Good luck with your studies and other rps though. :)

I think Pod and Nikolai will have very interesting interactions

Reactions: AllStarGP
Still trying to kick my muse into action. Anyone got an archetypes they requesting for? A tank or whatever.

We dont have any medium strength high agility flyers I dont think

Looking to attempt to kick this off, say, the, 14th.

Take your time, of course. @TerribleName @Huntress @XC

As far as a muse goes (since you mentioned it XC), certainly do feel free to PM me to try and dig for some inspiration. Character-wise, I would say the time period allows for quite a few archetypes; from the downtrodden, to the free-spirited, the artiste, the thug, the blue-collar worker, the down-on-his-luck bankrupt former richkid, etc.

Powers go, I will say that there's equal opportunity for full out super-brawls as there is for more subtlety, take that for what you will!

Oiy, Nikolai aint German. He fought germans.

(Note that this is a WIP and that I will be finishing it tomorrow)

(EDIT: Oops. Looks like I'll actually have to finish this tomorrow)

Name:
Kaitlyn Watson

Alias:
Titannica

Appearance:
She's an Amazonian mixed woman. Will find a picture to put here.

Personality:
Kaitlyn is not... well, she's not a good person. She's not necessarily mean-spirited towards most people, though she is blunt and does not particularly care what people think of her. This leads her to say many less-than-kind things to most people, or just whatever comes to her mind. In the case of beautiful women, it might just be shameless flirtation.

The thing is, she just doesn't care about consequences, because of the nature of her abilities. She'll do pretty much whatever she wants whenever she wants, and there's little most people can do to stop her. She's what most in society would call "scandalous," drinking with the best of them and puffing a cigarette almost every day.

That being said, "remorseless" is also an apt adjective. She's committed her fair share of crimes, and very rarely - if ever - feels empathy for the things that she's done. And Kaitlyn is fairly at peace with being a monster. She knows she is, and won't deny it. But at the same time, surely, Kaitlyn wants to make up for everything, even though she knows she can't.

Powers/Abilities:
--Super Strength: Kaitlyn is strong enough to throw lighter cars up to twenty feet and punch through solid steel and concrete, as well as bend metal poles with her bare hands. She can chop a man's head clean in half and bisect horizontally with a kick, and can fell even the largest men with a single punch with no issue. Her leg strength also allows her to jump several stories into the air and land from just about any fall without bodily damage.

--Super Toughness: Her body is tough enough to resist bullets (unless shot in the eye with a rifle), although sometimes they can leave bruises, and is pretty much invulnerable to any physical attack from a normal human being. The only way to harm her is with blows with enough force to knock her around.

--Super Reflexes: She can react faster than any normal human, and while she's not exactly capable of dodging bullets, she can dodge and counter the attacks of any normal human.

--Super Speed: Kaitlyn is capable of running in short bursts of up to 150 mph and long bursts of up to eighty-five mph. She can also move her body extremely fast in close quarters, which is partially why her blows are so devastating.

Weaknesses:
--Unskilled: Although Kaitlyn is a natural fighter, she employs more of a brawling style, and so is at a disadvantage to any skilled fighter. Especially if she were somehow put in a situation where she lacked her powers.

--Reckless: Her abilities make her a tad overconfident, and thus this could easily lead her or others into perilous situations, especially if she comes across someone who can match her physical abilities.

History:
Kaitlyn was born in a time of racism, and was the product of an interracial couple. Even in more progressive places - like Brooklyn, where she lived - that sort of thing was looked down upon. So, Kaitlyn grew up in a rather hostile environment.

Last edited:
Soooooooo...... I am interested in joining this rp. Still accepting characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.