the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
₮ⱧɆ Ʉ₦ĐɎł₦₲ ⱧɄ₦₮ ฿Ɇ₲ł₦₴

Pirn has been chosen.

It's residents have been marked.

Participation is now the only course of action.

Until the Lord of the Undying Hunt is satisfied, their souls belong to him.

—the city of pirn
is located in wolfpine county oregon, nestled deep in the valley of mount pirn. unbeknownst to most, pirn was founded upon a place of power, positioned between three ley lines, whose rivers of energy coalesce and condense. due to this tremendous build up, many an unveiled have made the sleepy city their home.

unlike other cities, the unveiled who live here needn't worry about humans; ancient protections run deep, and only watchers are capable of breaking through them. still— pirn is harmonious in its chaotic ways, and the council of elders sees to it that everything runs smoothly.

pirn is large but sprawling, it's heart nearest mount pirn, but stretches all the way to the coast along the ash river. it's downtown area is full of restaurants, shops, and bars, with tourism an important factor to its local economy. nature walks, rock climbing, kayaking, themed gardens, and a 180 acre park that wraps around downtown also play a factor to pirn's tourism. pirn hosts two elementary schools, four middle schools, and three high schools. two colleges; one public and one private. a small but profitable mine is the only reason the old railroads haven't been decommissioned.

pirn is a sleepy city, where humans play by day, and powers that tremble reality play by night. but the false little facade is about to be shattered,

as the undying lord has once again sounded his horn.

there is no sleeping now.

₮ⱧɆ Ʉ₦ĐɎł₦₲ ⱧɄ₦₮ ฿Ɇ₲ł₦₴ ł₦ ₮ⱧɆ ₵ł₮Ɏ Ø₣ ₱łⱤ₦

The horn sounds, the ground trembles, and energy surges.

Someone powerful has arrived.

Powerful enough to mark nine souls.

Those nine now bear the Mark of Cernunnos:

a golden eye, a brand around their wrist, visions of feyhounds corralling them into the woods.

There is no sleep now, only duty; only the ancient accord of man.

° if the premise is a lil too mysterious: essentially, a small band of people in a sleepy mountain city have been marked by a powerful entity, finding themselves slowly being compelled to fulfill his desires in his hunt to destroy evil. more details to come if this gets interest, but suffice to say your characters will be a part of this phenomena, fighting and/or defending with their lives.

° this lil verse is an amalgamation of a few different influences, chiefly charmed (1998), dresden files, and dungeons and dragons. you def don't need to know these sources to understand the world!! if this gets any traction i'll upload any prerequisite lore that you'll need know!

° i'm hoping to find intermediate to advanced writers who are comfortable with a relatively slow paced, character/pc-driven narrative. gm posts would come once a month, with collabs and/or npc responses sprinkled throughout. players must be comfortable with ooc discussions, collaborative writing, and discord, where most ooc & brainstorming will take place.

° this isnt first come first serve and there are no character roles for players to fill

° while any paranormal/supernatural creature (known as the unveiled in this verse) will be considered, there is a certain vibe they'll need to fall into due to the lore surrounding the undying hunt. by default, however, players are able to choose between watchers, witches, vampires, guides, hybrids, and shifters, (info on them will be in the lore section if this garners any attention!!)

happy roleplayin :p

:shhh:

Last edited:
Colour me as interested.

• OMG
Reactions: rissa
Hell yiss I was waiting for something juicy

• Spicy
You had me at "Cernunnos" and "Fae Hounds"!

Honestly, this just sounds like a really fun idea and I love everything immediately that is even vaguely inspired by any kind of Celtic mythology, so definitely colour me interest.

• According to Plan
This looks awesome, I'd love to join. ^^

• OMG
woo! thanks for the interest ✨

i'll wait and see if this garners any more attention before delving into the lore and signups!

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya
This looks interesting!

i made a lore page if you wanna check it out :3

still lookin for a bit more interest before i whip up the sign ups

Just read through that lore page. It looks really sick!

• Love

Lots of questions. Lots of stupid character ideas. I'll have to narrow things down. Looking good!

The lore gives me a lot of inspiration. Is there a character limit?

The lore gives me a lot of inspiration. Is there a character limit?

until we get a final cast, i'll say 1 Marked character per player— tho i wouldn't say no to folks playing side-characters who are still part of the unveiled community, and helping along those who're Marked

Lots of questions. Lots of stupid character ideas. I'll have to narrow things down. Looking good!
if you'd like, feel free to throw concepts/questions around!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
And the Marked character can be any species?

And the Marked character can be any species?
any of the ones listed, yeah for sure!! depending on concept, i'm willing to branch out a bit beyond those listed, tho some brainstorming on power set and the like will be necessary!

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Now are guides all human?

Now are guides all human?
for the most part, most guides were human (or watchers) in their previous lives, yes! the rare few shifters and witches have also been reborn as guides, though thats certainly rare.

*raises hand* ooh I want to play too! Sounds awesome as hell. c:

• Sweet
👀 sneaky sneaky give me more ~

• What a TWIST
Last edited: