The Undead Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason closed the door and locked it once again. He turned around and gave Janette a smile, revealing he had ten teeth on top, and five on the bottom. He placed the rifle against the wall and walked over to the window and looked at the soaking wet balcony.
"What kind of man would I be if I didn't help people in need?" He smiled once more. "Before you ask about the teeth, I used to be an MMA fighter for six season in the octagon." He smiled warmly once more.

Greg took the other end of the coach. Greg smniled warmly to Ander and said "In three, two, one." And with that, he lifted the couch a good foot off the ground.

Ander used a combination of his knowledge of physics and his strength to lift the couch a little more than a foot from the ground, he along with Jasons help managed to move it so it would cover the window...
"A few might be able to reach through... So it would be a good idea to keep away from the windows just in case..." Ander almost instinctively spoke... He stopped himself before he could say any more...
Amica smiled when she saw Ander helping "At least he's adjusting to all these people rather well..." She thought to herself...

"I like your thinking." Greg smiled and gave Ander a pat on the back. "I'm going to run to the basement, I've got some spare floor boards down there, some extra two by fours."

"Thank you..." Ander mumbled, he still had that book he was reading before they left, he didn't notice it until he felt it poking at his back in his backpack.. He pulled it out, the title read "The dead walk again" "How ironic..." He thought.
Amica had an urge to help too ... She always did... "I think I'll help with the barricading too, if that's ok with you... Greg.." She always get's a little nervous when asking someone something, she never really could understand it...

Greg reached for the light switch and lipped it on. "Alright, wanna help me carry all this shit up?"
Ivan pushed the door open with his shoulder and closed the large oak wood door. He started to run towards the apartment buildings. He was scanning for vehicles. He found a ford F-150, and knew it was perfect. He stepped up onto it and tried opening the door. Nothing.

"Sure!" Amica said a little excitedly, she went down to the basement and grabbed some planks tucking them under her arm, then she took 3 hammers, and placed them in her backpack along with a few boxes of nails...
She looked back at Greg "Is this everything we need?" She asked him, just to be sure.

Greg looked at the materials the girl had in her hands. "Yeah, I just need to grab some so I don't look useless." He laughed and grabbed about four planks. "Alright, now we can go."

Amica giggled at Gregs remark, covering her mouth and blushing a bit when she realized what she was going... She followed him upstairs again a little awkwardly, looking closely she might resemble Ander in that moment....

Greg placed the wood in front of the windows and looked back at Amica. "Hammer? Nails?" He asked, then turned back to the windows. The fog was too thick.

She set down her backpack, opening it and taking out a hammer and a box of nails "Here.." She handed them to Greg, then she took one of the hammers herself and began boarding up another window...

"Thank you." He smiled and started hammering at the top. "I need to find everybody places to sleep. Crap."

Ander looked around, he spotted a few blankets laying around "I-I guess we could sleep on the floor if there's not enough beds... It's too risky to get anything from me and Amicas house right now..."

Asa sighed as everyone was setting up everything, she didn't care too much about not helping everyone was safe, more didn't matter to her.
"I'm not sleeping on the ground!"
Asa declared while pouting.

Wiping her eyes she stood and returned the smile she received. It was a fake smile, but sincere nevertheless. The smile faded with a jump of fright as there began coming a pounded at the door, most likely from her pursuers. Her knuckles whitened around the hilt of the knife she didn't even realize she still had.

"They're going to break in!" she let out a shout, the bangs of the fists on the wooden door continuing. She was looking around the man's apartment, one not much bigger than her own as it had the addition of inner walls. "We need to keep them out." Her voice was desperate and she knew it. She didn't even know if her savior was aware of the creatures that were running amok.

Kain picked up the last hammer which was slightly outside Amica's backpack, a few nails and a wooden board and helped them out securing the windows.
After that he heard them discussing the sleep places and said:

"In terms of sleep i am fine anywhere but i think we should take turns and keep watch so they don't enter. I can take the first shift."

"You can sleep on one of the beds Asa... I don't mind sleeping on the floor" She smiled knowingly at Asa a little, she knew how she was when it comes to these types of things... She turned to Ander for a moment "How about you Ander?"
"I-I'm fine with sleeping on the floor... I don't mind..." He spoke quietly, Amica nodded "If you change your mind, we can always work something out, ok?" She told him, Ander nodded, Amica smiled reassuringly at him, then she turned back to Asa.

"Amica, do you know what those things are?" she spoke rather strong now, she wasn't too scared with so many people around.
Asa took Amicas arm, like she usually did and held on to it.
Amica always meant a lot to her ever since they met, she somehow felt like an older sister for Asa.
"I think mom and dad got caught by them.." Asa looked to the ground, she was sad, but she knew that there was nothing she could do now.

"I-I'm not sure myself... They look alot like things you'd see from a zombie movie, but the way they behave is.... Different somehow..." Amica spoke, remembering Anders comment when he first caught sight of them... She glanced at him again, he had been surprisingly calm when he saw that group of them coming down the street...
Ander had prepared himself for an scenario such as this... Amica understood him, though others thought of him as paranoid... Ironically enough, his "paranoia" came in handy when the day finally arrived...

"You talk about their behavior, like you have seen them up close Amica. What do you mean with different? I couldn't really tell since i was lucky to just sneak past when they weren't around.

Kain started to wonder if Ivan would be alright, since he left the home while being so hot headed.

"I should have stopped Ivan earlier. It's not a good idea for someone to wander around alone." He spoke in a lower tone of voice blaming himself for not convincing his friend or at least have gone with him.

Amica seemed to be unable to explain, then Ander spoke up quietly for his older sister..
"From what I've noticed they seem more... Organized than your average "zombie"... I think that's how they managed to over-run this place rather quickly..."

Amica nodded, silently thanking Ander for explaining for her... Then as Kain spoke up about Ivan Amica spoke this time
"I tried to stop him, but I guess he was a little too stubborn... It's my fault really, I should have told him about this..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.