The undead princess

"Very well, My Lady. It will probably not be a whole lot of the living in the streets now, yet there will be a few like me there. And a few with more meat on their bones. But do not fear! They are all quite friendly." Edward said, as he started leading the way down again. He also grabbed and lit a lantern as he walked. "Any particular part of the town you'd like to see, My Lady?"

"Any part will be fine Edward- thank you..." She smiles weakly, thinking about what she will see when she takes to the cobblestone roads of the town. The lonely look on Lord Deloch's face haunted her, almost to the point of worry. "Purhaps we should ask the Lord if he would like to accompany us? He seemed unhappy to be put to bed..." She smiled, waiting for Edwards opinion.

"Well, I suppose he could enjoy that. He used to like such walks before. Yet it seems to have faded with time." He made his sighing sound again. "I suppose he has done it so many times it doesn't appeal as much any more. People simply doesn't die nor get children so often he gains much pleasure from taking walks that often. But then again, with you here it could be different." He said, as he stopped, just outside the main gate. "If you wish, we could ask him?" Edward was slightly hesitant to the idea, but if she wanted to talk with him, who was he to deny her?

Rashara thought to herself for a moment, looking out the main gate and shaking her head. "No, don't mind me Edward- my mind is taking the trivial and making them important...Let us walk" She smiled weakly and waited for hte main gate to open, noticing only a few people standing under the lamp lights in the distance.

"Do many villagers stay out after dark? How does justice fair here? Has DeLoch placed ruled for his subjects to live by?" The fair princess looked side to side, taking in the tall, sturdy houses and lush flowerbeds shrouded in darkness, waiting for Edwards answer.

"Some of the villagers stay out after dark, yes. Some believe they can better please The One during the night. Some simply like the night better. So some are awake during the night, yes. And yes, Lord DeLoch has set laws for his subjects. Most of which are upheld by soldiers of my kind. Most here think the laws are fair, and we haven't had riots here in decades. Sure, there are the occasional person who comes to the Lord with a suggestion or complaint, but that happens to most cities, does it not?" He explained in his echoing voice as he started walking out the gate, saluting and getting saluted by the two guards standing outside.

"He is lucky to only have suggestions or complaints" Rashara laughed, covering her mouth politely with her wrist. "my fathers kingdom was constantly under attack by men who wished to alter it. DeLoch is fortunate to be off the radar of such armies." Her eyes scanned around more, before she started walking silently through the streets, absorbing as much as she could about her new home.

"Tell me Edward-this second chance at life i've been given, how do you think I should spend it?"

"Indeed he is lucky to not be attacked by others. But it's a bit due to his own work as well, you know. Not many want to go to a small town on a misty mountain, especially with rumors of the undead roaming freely here."

Edward walked in silence for a while, believing Rashara to be thinking. And as she started speaking again, he believed himself to be right. Such questions were rather rare form him to be asked, as most he knew who were given a second chance knew what they would, even before they're death. But then again, he case was a special one. "Well... That is a question only you can really answer. But if you want my opinion... You should live the life you could never have. Do things you have dreamed off. Do the things you never had time for. Its your second life. Use what you learned in your first to make this one better." Most of those were common phrases used in the town, as most got a second life.

Rashara nodded, looking down at her feet as they continued to walk. Soon enough their short tour was over and she let her bright green eyes capture the empty sockets that would have been Edwards; if he were living.

"I feel we should retire now... I have much to think about~" She smiled sweetly, following her guide back to the castle where she decided to walk alone from there. "I will find my own way, thank you very much sir Edward. She bowed her head to him, turning her curvy body back to the stairs, where she began to slowly climb and return to the room that had been labeled her own. She passed by the study, wondering if DeLoch was still awake, gripping the handle lightly and giving it a gentle twist.

"Very well, M'Lady. Goodnight." Edward said, before returning to his post.

Victor sat in one of the chairs in his study, halfway asleep, as he still tried to read another spellbook. He was not truly sure why he was studying so desperately, and at the moment, he did not truly know what it was he was studying.
He was sitting in his throne room, with a goblet of wine in his one hand, and Rashara in his other. In front of him, many great kings and lords were bowing to him, recognizing him as their lord, and eve...
The book slammed into the floor, rousing Victor from his sleep. Figuring he would be able to study no more, he stood up. He waved his hand, making the book fly back towards it's spot on the wall, just in time to hear someone entering the room. He knew none of his servants would simply enter, and he knew that there weren't any thieves foolish enough to try to break in here. And that left... Rashara, of course! He walked towards the door, still not seeing it. "Who's there?!" He asked loudly.

The Princess rapped gently against the door, casting her eyes to the side as she only opened the door a crack. "My Lord?" She whispered, her voice sweet in the silence of his study. "I came to see if you were still awake..." She sighed, keeping her head pointed in an off direction. "I wanted to express my thanks for the blessing of opportunity..." Rashara finally felt alright opening the door more, letting her figure fill the doorway of the room and look in to him, eyes glittering with honesty.

As Victor rounded the bookcase standing between him and the doorway, hearing the newest inhabitant of the castle thank him. A wide smile came to his face, hearing her words. He walked towards her slowly, his smile still in place. It was a smile of almost knowing, almost as if he knew she'd accept her fate sooner or later. "I take it your walk with Sir Edward in the evening air helped your mind along then? Seeing my village... Our village, if you so chose?" He asked, almost hopefully, his eyes shining with something they had missed for years. Happiness.

"I will try my hardest" Rashara mused, leaning her thin body against the frame of the doorway. She nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear gently as the Princess turned to look him in the eyes. She noted his content glimmer, smiling to herself and his wishes. "Though if it is a life of freedom you want for me, I cannot guarantee the actions of my heart..."

His smile did not fade, yet the gleam in his eyes faded slightly. It was not gone, far from it, but her mention of her own choices had a effect on him nevertheless. "I did not give you a new life for you to live as I demanded. I gave you a new life so you would have a chance at living. And the living does not always chose to do what they who created them wanted. Yet in the creators' eyes, being opposed is not a bad thing. It just means you have created something with a mind of it's own. And that, is what most of us try to do."

Rashara nodded at the Lord, looking around his study and taking notice of the tomes upon tomes that lined the shelves of his personal library. She couldn't help but bask in it's splendor. Books were something she always enjoyed, though she doubted these were the type of tails she would read for fun. Her bright green eyes scanned the darkened room, curiously taking in the leather bound scent and scrolls that covered his mahogany desk.

"What have you been studying?" She let her eyes focus on him again, interested in what DeLoch kept himself busy with.

"Well, I study a bit of magic." Victor replied, chuckling slightly for a moment, before turning a bit more serious. "But I've been studying Elven restoration magic, to be exact. You weren't happy that I couldn't restore your body fully. That you couldn't bring forth a child." He sighed slightly. "And so, I decided to try to find a way to give you the gift of creating life of your own back to you. It's my way of saying sorry, I suppose. What better way to make up for it by remaking it?" He asked, smiling slightly.

The princess found herself overwhelmed by his kindness, taking a bold step forward to suddenly hug Deloch close. It only lasted a few seconds, but Rashara could feel her heart beat hard against her chest, even if it was only magic keeping it thumping in its cavity. Her eyes were filled with grateful tears, letting go of him and looking up into his eyes.

"That is brilliant, thank you so much..." She was almost breathless, the idea of being able to experiance life's greatest gift making her smile brightly at the young Lord. "But please do not exaughst yourself on my behalf. I am forever young" She chuckled, reaching out her hand to lightly grasp his own. "Thanks to you..."

The Lord was surprised by the sudden hug, and for the short time it lasted, he did not know what to do, making him almost relieved as she pulled away. Yet at the same time, he wished she hadn't. He chuckled slightly along with her as she grasped his hand. "Yes, that you are. And it is good that you are as well, as the elves tend to write in ways that are hard to understand to anyone else. They don't simply write what you need to do to perform the magic, they write page upon page with philosophical nonsense as well. I can read a whole page until I understand that this spell makes water appear, instead of being a healing spell!" He sighed slightly, and squeezed her hand slightly. "But I know of no other race's magic that can help with your problem, so I see no other option. Though, I suppose I should end my studies for tonight, as I can barely keep my eyes open." He said, before covering his mouth in an attempt to suppress a yawn.

Rashara nodded at his response, giggling angelically at his enthusiasm for his craft. When he expressed his need fro sleep, the Princess took her hand from his, noticing how the warmth faded quickly from her body as they separated.

"you're right, it has been... a long day to say the least."

She turned her back to him, holding onto the doorway as he past to look back over her shoulder at him. "Thank you DeLoch~" Rashara dissapeared into the hall, finding her way back to her room and searching through her personal belongings for something to wear to bed.

Victor couldn't help but to smile all the way to his bedchamber. She'd been so devastated by her new form in the beginning, yet now she was actually thanking him for it. And that was just in a single day. Yes, she had said she didn't necessarily fall for him, even with the gift of life, but who knows? With the gift of being able to bear forth a child, she could possibly be wooed. At least that he could hope, he thought as he discarded his robes and got into his large bed, falling asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow.

The night had haunted her. Keeping her awake for much too long. the dark shadows that danced across her room made her tremble, lips quivering with fear of the unknown. Her new life left her feeling frail and less independant. The red headed Princess pulled the blankets up over her head, scared completely by the sound of a nearby branch scratching at the large paned window.

"Oh!" She gasped, feeling as if she heard the window open, but too afraid to look. Rashara could have sworn she heard feet baring down on the floor as well, walking around the bed and close up behind her.

"AHHH!!" She screamed, feeling completely terrified and jumping out of the bed to the closet, her short silken slip reflecting moonlight as she shut herself in to hide.