The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, just that we can't say it's the best superhero RP until we actually start playing.

I dunno ....im not so great at playing multiple characters. I might have to do some reading now that those two and x-23

Are we going to put up CS's? Maybe on an ooc?

Still stuck, eh? Well, just know we're here to help you out if needed!

Okay, now that we have 3 more people, we'll start talking business:

Here's a list of main story arcs that I came up with. We can tweak, remove or add more plots ontop of these, but they're just some basic ones I came up with.

~~THIS LIST OF ARCS TO BE UPDATED AS MORE STORIES ARE ADDED/TAKEN OUT~~

Issues and Story Arcs Included in this Stellar Publication of UMRU:

(descriptions by Stan Lee)

The first ever issue of a whole new universe! Your favourite heroes and villains are back to protect the world, or destroy it. You'll all take on the role of a Hero or Villain and set the foundations for this world! The Avengers will assemble, Charles Xavier will found the X-Men, Deadpool will eat a chimichanga, the possibilities are nearly endless. But don't get too carried away: there's more interesting stuff to come!

Trouble's brewing in the world, heroes! A new gang of super villains known as the "Sinister Six" have formed up to unleash an unknown creature upon the world known as the "Symbiotes": parasitic creatures from another dimension who latch onto organisms and use them as hosts. However, these Symbiotes have a plan of their own: a plan for world domination! Only the heroes of the world are strong enough to stop both the Six and the Symbiotes, so get to it!

In the aftermath of the fight between the Sinister Six and the heroes, the Venom symbiote unknowingly gives birth to a symbiote known as "Carnage". This symbiote can exist without a host due to blood mixing in with its cells, but it requires proper sustenance only achieved by draining people of their blood! Yikes! With what could very well be the most dangerous symbiote on the loose, the heroes and villains must band together to either defeat or recruit the creature before it consumes the entire world!

The dimension where the Symbiotes originated is also the only place they can be properly imprisoned. Thanks to the help of Stark Industries, a portal to this world has been reconstructed from the Sinister Six's original designs. Upon entering the dimension, our heroes discover its actually a world filled with dangerous reverse clones of themselves. Wanting to enter through the portal in order to conquer the world, the reverse clones declare war upon our brave heroes! Now, not only must they escape with their lives, but our heroes must also enlist the help of the Symbiotes to aid them in the inter dimensional war. Egads!

The Secret Wars have revealed the Tesseract: a powerful gem of near infinite power. Bringing the gem back into their world, our heroes soon discover that they are part of a line of 6 artifacts known as the "Infinity Gems" being sought after by a powerful Eternal known as "Thanos". Once all these gems are collected, mounted to the "Infinity Gauntlet" and placed upon the wielder's wrist, they grant whomever uses the gauntlet immense power to control the universe: Soul, Time, Space, Mind, Reality, Power. Whoever owns the gauntlet with all 6 gems, rules the universe... Lets hope that whoever gets them all knows what comes with great power.

With Thanos defeated and the threat of the Infinity Gauntlet demished, the heroes return to Earth in hopes of resuming their lives. However, in their absence, the supervillains and former superheroes have taken over the world and now operate as rulers of the planet. Mutants and those gifted with superpowers are at the top of society, while those without powers or names for themselves are treated as vermin and exterminated for fun. Its up to the returning heroes to band together once more and alter this version of reality. However, with the Infinity Gauntlet missing, things look bleak for our heroes. Will they be able to return the world to the way it was before the villains rose to power?

With reality returned to the way it was before (with only a handful of people remembering what happened in the alternate timeline), our heroes face a new threat. The people of Earth have had enough. Its time to end this chaos once and for all. Either these so called "Heroes" register with the government and SHIELD, or they are labeled as criminals and must be hunted down. Some heroes are willing to go public, whereas other's believe they shouldn't have to take orders from the United States government. With the world of heroes and villains split up into two groups, those siding with SHIELD and those in the Resistance, and the unveiling of new giant robot "Sentinels" built to hunt down those who haven't registered, this marks the beginning of the Super Hero Civil War! YIKES!

The end of the world. People knew it was going to happen one day, but not many knew it would be this soon. As our brave heroes manage to end the civil war, the aftermath has left holes in the universe so large that only the power of a cosmic event can save it. Once again, the Infinity Gauntlet must be restored. Unfortunately, the Gems have been spread out throughout 6 different alternate universes. With time running out, the heroes must act quickly and find the gems, assisting or defeating the alternate versions of themselves in each world as they rush to save their world. Excitement!

Cool. Do you an OOC and IC board up?

Also, multiple arcs off the bat is going to be ambitious. If you want to get there, then as we go through each arc, we'll need to keep the story fairly tight and well guided.

I.e., I am ok with being railroaded on occasion if it will get us back on track in a story. Others may have differing opinion on that, but I believe it will drastically reduce the chances of this RP dying out from lost player interest or momentum.

Well these are essentially just old marvel plots put into a new light. They'd show how we could have a continuous story and how the arc system works here

I get that. I am suggesting how we could all get that far to reach the end of those arcs. Because that would be awesome.

Understandable, and I hope so too!

Wow, a lot of posts since I first looked at this thread a few hours ago. I couldn't post then because I had to get ready to go to the grocery. Has it been decided yet whether we'll be allowed to play villains?

I've decided to just go ahead and allow villains. Both sides will need to be guided by me for the purposes of the arcs, but its more interesting to have a mixed dynamic of good and evil as opposed to having just one side

i think I want to be the younger version of x-23. like maybe 16. after she's met Wolverine and taken away from the facility where she was created.
Sound good?

Works for me!

Here when I actually post them xD

Could I reserve Samuel Sterns/The Leader?

EDIT: (With just the super intelligence. Not the telepathy, telekinesis, and gamma radiation projection also listed on his marvel wiki page. I don't think he usually has those extra three powers.)

EDIT2: Maybe he does usually have them. I think that's overkill for a roleplay character though.

Last edited:
Yes you can!

Okee dokee then. Reserving The Leader.

Reactions: Razilin
Thanks! It's a shame he's not better known. He's supposed to be the hulk's nemesis after all. I suppose the hulk's principal enemy in the public consciousness is General Ross though (or perhaps just the military in general).

EDIT: I have a prototype character sheet ready for when you post the template, Sora.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.