The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye!!!

I love you all! Cept State of Bedlam. He's evil. Don't you go copying Michael Fassbender's chiseled face!

:P

:O

Don't worry, that would end poorly. Chameleon is not a master of magnet.

It's kinda sad...

No matter what Universe Erik goes to...

He cannot get away from shapeshifters...

You can be his mystique this time around :P

I was thinking a similar story pattern that Ravenbelle thought of. I'll have Spidey introduce the villains, because lets face it: when HASNT he gotten his ass kicked by a supervillain team upon their first encounter?

If that's how we'll open, I would have Cap Am send Howard, Magneto, and Chamelon as a strike force to contain the supervillain. i dont think any of the other chars are expliclty SHIELD recruits, but if they were present (such as a bystanders), this would be an opporunity for them to make contact with SHIELD (whether as an ally or straight-up recruit).

thoughts?

If that's how we'll open, I would have Cap Am send Howard, Magneto, and Chamelon as a strike force to contain the supervillain. i dont think any of the other chars are expliclty SHIELD recruits, but if they were present (such as a bystanders), this would be an opporunity for them to make contact with SHIELD (whether as an ally or straight-up recruit)

Magneto works for you too.

EDIT: Misread, sorry. That sounds good.

EDIT2: What would be the hierarchy of those three?

Last edited:
If that's how we'll open, I would have Cap Am send Howard, Magneto, and Chamelon as a strike force to contain the supervillain. i dont think any of the other chars are expliclty SHIELD recruits, but if they were present (such as a bystanders), this would be an opporunity for them to make contact with SHIELD (whether as an ally or straight-up recruit).

thoughts?

ummmm how would that work exactly? See..I'm thinking that since Spiderman can handle his villains fairly well in his city in the movies, SHIELD wouldn't immediately get involved. I mean, maybe when they see they crazy destruction the villains are capable of they'd want to bring a team together, but it has to be big if not just one superhero can deal with the problem. Right?

ummmm how would that work exactly? See..I'm thinking that since Spiderman can handle his villains fairly well in his city in the movies, SHIELD wouldn't immediately get involved. I mean, maybe when they see they crazy destruction the villains are capable of they'd want to bring a team together, but it has to be big if not just one superhero can deal with the problem. Right?

It's like Sora says: Spidey is usually overwhelmed in his first encounter with a powerful foe. Even so, It makes sense for law enforcement not to leave crime prevention in the hands of vigilantes if they can help it.

Sora said something to the effect of "When HASN'T spidey had his ass handed to him?"
So I am presuming he intends for spidey to need the help
otherwise, not much reason to use the Enhanced Bodies at all.

EDIT: @State: Jinx, no callbacks

Perhaps it would be more of an observation mission by Shield? Step in if needed type thing?

EDIT2: What would be the hierarchy of those three?

Well if Chamelon is Captain America's aid I guess he would be in charge? Not really sure. Erik might have more military experience. Not sure. Cap determines that I think.

right...So..what? the first posts are spiderman butt kicking, and all the other heroes are just going about their normal business, maybe see him on the news and then SHIELD starts getting involved??

right...So..what? the first posts are spiderman butt kicking, and all the other heroes are just going about their normal business, maybe see him on the news and then SHIELD starts getting involved??

My thinking is:

1.) Villains are too much for Spider-Man

2.) Other heroes come to his aid. SHIELD agents show up to help at about the same time.

3.) Fight concludes. Team or alliance forms.

Alright, majority wins!

How many villains should we fight? 6? 8?

My thinking is:

1.) Villains are too much for Spider-Man

2.) Other heroes come to his aid. SHIELD agents show up to help at about the same time.

3.) Fight concludes. Team or alliance forms.

What about the walking-the-line's? they wouldn't immediately help out spiderman unless they absolutely had to. I mean in the avengers, SHIELD actually contacted all the heroes and more or less convinced/forced them to form a team to take down the villain.

Alright, majority wins!

in total? of all arcs one after another? or that there will be 6-8 enhanced body villains who suddenly wreak havoc on NYC?

Alright, majority wins!

We've only come up with five so far.

Hydro-man, Sandman, Electro, Swarm, and Spot

Also, are you thinking all at once or spread out a little? Maybe two at first and then the other three?

I say go for eight. It's more heroic to be outnumbered. :P

And to answer the questions, I'll use an example from the Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series:

In the episode when the Sinister Six first appears, Spider-Man is fighting only Doctor Octopus. Then, one by one, the villains enter until they've all had a go at fighting Spidey one on one. After they've revealed they work together, Spidey tries to take them all on at once, but holds his groud. In the end, they overpower him and decide wether or not to kill him or unmask the hero.

Before SHIELD gets involved or other heroes show up, they'd probably run off and formulate a more solid plan. After all, they basically sent a warning to other Heroes by saying "We took out our main adversary, what makes you think we can't take you out as well?"

What about the walking-the-line's? they wouldn't immediately help out spiderman unless they absolutely had to. I mean in the avengers, SHIELD actually contacted all the heroes and more or less convinced/forced them to form a team to take down the villain.

in total? of all arcs one after another? or that there will be 6-8 enhanced body villains who suddenly wreak havoc on NYC?

The number for enhanced body heroes. We'll have more throughout the RP.

Also, because we have somebody interested in playing Carnage, the Symbiote story will be second

And to answer the questions, I'll use an example from the Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series:

In the episode when the Sinister Six first appears, Spider-Man is fighting only Doctor Octopus. Then, one by one, the villains enter until they've all had a go at fighting Spidey one on one. After they've revealed they work together, Spidey tries to take them all on at once, but holds his groud. In the end, they overpower him and decide wether or not to kill him or unmask the hero.

Before SHIELD gets involved or other heroes show up, they'd probably run off and formulate a more solid plan. After all, they basically sent a warning to other Heroes by saying "We took out our main adversary, what makes you think we can't take you out as well?"

okay so this all happens in one event? The villains show up all in one day? also, how would Spidey escape at that point?

Still looking for more Made-Out-Of-Stuff villains to try and make it eight. Until then we can imagine they'll be called the Fearsome Five or something. That was the name of a DC villain team apparently so maybe something else.

So far we have:
Hydro-Man: Made out of water
Sandman: Made out of sand
Electro: Made out of electricity
Swarm: Made out of bees (and his skeleton)
Spot: Covered in portals

He wouldn't escape: the cops would show up and distract the villains, leaving Spidey either beaten in the streets, or giving him enough time to crawl away.

The cops also might chase Spidey instead of the villains, givin he's not viewed positively by the public

He wouldn't escape: the cops would show up and distract the villains, leaving Spidey either beaten in the streets, or giving him enough time to crawl away.

The cops also might chase Spidey instead of the villains, givin he's not viewed positively by the public

yeah okay i get that the cops don't like him, but they wouldn't chase a guy who's crawling away! They'd be shooting the monster(s?) still destroying stuff or whatever their real objective is. what is their real objective anyway? Kill all heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.