The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagnabbit. I knew I should have made Erik younger. Be awkward romancing a minor. :P

Parker gets all the luck. Lol

Parker has the Parker Luck, so count yourself lucky.

Everything bad happens to him all at once :3

is it just me or is the phoenix super OP?

edit: @PastaSentient couldn't you just edit his history a bit and make him younger? Or make a different hero character who's younger?

Last edited:
@Ravenbelle I think I will edit him to make him younger. Though not so much for the romance part only; rather since it seems most of the characters so far are young it might be better to fit that vibe.

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Alright cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to properly look at Pheonix's sheet yet.

Grr. I cannot do it. Spent too much time and detail working his history into Israel. I guess I'll wait a bit. *Sigh* Might make a younger character later. For now I'll wait.

You know what, we're getting a lot of younger heroes/villains. I might put a limit on them for a while so we can get some older characters like Tony Stark, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, or even Bruce Banner.

And yes, for those paying attention, all four of those example characters are Avengers. I like to make people do trivia like that.

Sora, may I make a composite character of SHIELD agent Alexander Pierce and Dmitri Smerdyakov/The Chameleon? If I had a named character as the head of my infiltration operations in SHIELD it'd give me a lot more opportunity to interact with the other players. Like the comics' Agent Pierce he would be the director's (Steve Rogers) aide and bodyguard. Secretly, he'd be master spy Dmitri Smerdyakov/The Chameleon and answer to the Leader. He'd be in charge of the Leader's other SHIELD infiltrators. I will need Razilin's permission also.

I am down with this.

PierceChameleon.jpg

Agent Pierce disguise (left), Chameleon (right)

Name: Dmitri Smerydakov

Alias(es): Alexander Pierce, The Chameleon

Hero, Walking-the-line, or Villain: Villain

Background and Hero/Villain Origins: Born Дмитрий Смердяков in Russia, Dmitri grew up in an abusive home with an extreme sense of self loathing. So extreme was his humiliation that he repressed his identity, only ever wearing masks and doing impressions of other people.

As he got older he tried to apply his amazing impressionist skills in a career as a russian spy, but he failed the psychological evaluation. This earned him the attention of the Leader. Two strange men approached him and offered him a job opportunity, which the desperate Dmitri accepted. Blindfolded, he was brought to an abandoned bunker where he met a green man with an enormous head.

In his first few months of completing assignments Dmitri became the Leader's most devoted acolyte. Dubbing himself "The Chameleon," Dmitri underwent a procedure of the Leader's design allowing him to change his appearance at will and imitate the physical acts of others. Once he was trained in the use of this new ability he chose a new appearance and enrolled in SHIELD under the name and forged identity "Alexander Pierce."

Under SHIELD, "Agent Pierce" underwent extreme hand-to-hand and marksmanship training and excelled quickly by learning to imitate the most effective moves of his best classmates. In a combination of his own newfound combat prowess and the Leader's covert tinkering he became SHIELD director Stever Rogers' own personal aide and bodyguard. With this position he was designated the head of the Leader's SHIELD infiltrators.

Powers/Abilities:

- Mimicry:
The Chameleon's epidermis, skin pigmentation, facial musculature, and facial skeletal structure have been surgically and mutagenically altered by the Leader so that he can take on the appearance of any person at will. He also wears fabric made of memory material that responds to nerve impulses and can appear to be what ever costume he wishes it to be.

He is a master of disguise, and a brilliant method actor and impressionist. He is able to perfectly imitate anyone's voice. He is also a master of creating lifelike masks and make-up. He is a quick-change artist who can assume a new disguise in less than a minute, although he no longer needs to use such skills.

- Combat prowess: Dmitri is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and marksman.

- Telepathic implant: Nuzzled inside Dmitri's brain is an implant which gives him a direct telepathic feed to some of the computers in the Leader's base, allowing him to receive orders and relay information in real time. The Leader has applied his genius to make the telepathic link as low key and difficult to detect as possible. In an emergency, the Chameleon can shut the implant on or off at will. The implant is non-magnetic.

- Low level photographic reflexes: He is able to duplicate almost any physical act he sees if it's performed for him enough times. Usually three times at minimum.

Weaknesses/Tragic Flaw: All of the physical vulnerabilities of a normal human. Although he is a skilled enough combatant to be appointed the SHIELD director's bodyguard, he cannot go toe to toe with low level superhumans for very long. Because of his memory material suit he isn't always wearing genuine protective clothing.

Hero/Villain Relationships: Dmitri is a faithful servant of the Leader. He admires Director Rogers to an extent but wouldn't hesitate to terminate him if given the order. He and the Leader hope to turn Erik/Magneto to their side.

Occupation: Head infiltrator of The Leader. Bodyguard and aide to Steve Rogers

Sample Post: The Chameleon found himself leaning on a wall outside a large doorway as Director Rogers held an especially private meeting. He nodded to fellow agents as they passed through the hallway in front of him. If they were fellow infiltrators he signaled to them by changing eye color for half a second, letting them know that the situation was normal.

One of the agents was someone he didn't recognize. He hadn't heard anything about new arrivals. Using his implant he telepathically sent an image of the person to the Leader's computer for verification. After four minutes of radio telekinetic silence he received a reply.

"That's Agent Jacob Brandon Sanders. He's been transferred from the Los Angeles base. He isn't one of us," said a monotonous voice in his head. It wasn't the Leader's voice, just one of his mechanical secretaries. He must be busy.

Finally, the doors to the meeting room opened.

Last edited:
Sweet, Chameleon's accepted.

I haven't been able to read Pheonix's sheet yet, but I'll check it out when it's done ^^

For the sake of reference, here's our present roster:

1 Peter Parker/Spider-Man/Hero/Sora1297
2 The Leader/Samuel Sterns/Villain/State of Bedlam
3 X-23/Laura Kinney/Walking the Line/Ravenbelle
4 Captain America/Steve Rogers/Hero/Razilin
5 Howard the D.U.C.C./Made of Win Robot/Hero/Razilin
6 Max Eisenhardt (Erik Lensherr)/Magneto/Walking the line/PastaSentient
7 Rachel Summers/Phoenix/Hero/Pepper
8 Dmitri Smerydakov (Alexander Pierce)/The Chameleon/Villain/State of Bedlam

Together, they are....

Agents of Shield

The Avengers

The Ultimates

The Defenders

The Fantastic Four The Endless Eight

The Suicide Squad

Justice Forever

The Outsiders

The Authority

Stormwatch

....The Marvel Knights!
Back me up on this, guys.

You forgot Guardians of the Galaxy and Heores for Hire :3

I WILL WHEN WE FINALLY DECIDE! FINAL VOTE:

All in favour of the enhance body villain story post "Aye"!

"Aye"

but @SavMarie43 hasn't posted yet.
plus....how do we start? LIke....what should be going on? We put in some 'normal life' starting posts at night time, the mutant villians start causing trouble and then SHIELD recruits the characters who are heroes?

oh and "aye"

@Ravebelle

Good point. Once Sav posts there sheets (which hopefully is later today), we can start.

I was thinking a similar story pattern that Ravenbelle thought of. I'll have Spidey introduce the villains, because lets face it: when HASNT he gotten his ass kicked by a supervillain team upon their first encounter?

Aye

it occurs to me that your version of the Chameleon is also Taskmaster. You should work that into the bio, perhaps calling the Chamelon's powerset "Taskmaster" and explicitly letting him also copy physical techniques.

I can see it now.

Leader: I'd like you to undergo a little operation I call, Project:Taskmaster. Its an offshoot of the original Weapon X program. Instead of trying to recreate Captain America, we'll COPY him.

...or some such

Oh yeah, good point. I'll edit the bio character sheet a little. I'll give him a lower level version of Taskmaster's abilities.

Aye!!!

I love you all! Cept State of Bedlam. He's evil. Don't you go copying Michael Fassbender's chiseled face!

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.