The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently eight inches tall, Jan was winging it to the OSCORP building. Despite being able to fly at what equated to be a mile per minute, it took Jan a while to cross the tightly populate boroughs which comprised New York City. She traveled along the main thoroughfares and avenues, it took too much time to fly over or around the buildings, and laughed at the vehicles which remained motionless due to the Synthetic Seven's activities.

She was only a few blocks from OSCORP when she received Rachel's telepathic message. "Um... hi. Whatthe#@%& Welcome to my head... I guess. So, Steve is employing a telepath? That's cool. You can call me Jan, if you want. Tell Cap I'll be there in a few, Would've been there a lot faster had he had sent a plane," she replied, or well thought in a haphazard fashion. She wasn't used to communicating with a telepath.

As she drew closer to the latest site of the Seven's carnage, she noticed a man leaving a beat-up van with - was that a #@%&'n flamethrower? "Uhh, Rachel, if you're still listening there's a heavily armed man with a flamethrower approaching your twenty," Jan thought to herself, and Rachel if she was there.

Not knowing if the man with the mini-arsenal was friend or foe, Jan shrank down to a half-inch and fluttered down to buzz around Frank's head.

"Hey big guy, do you have a license for that?"

He recognized her from the news. Her name was 'The Wasp'. Instead of responding, Frank kept on walking. Police officers had seen him and shifted nervously, but did nothing to stop him as he walked past their barricades. One reached for their gun, but was stopped by his fellow officers. He glanced over at her with contempt. "No, I don't." Dealing with heroes wasn't something he cared to l do. These people would certainly try to stop him. Unfortunately for them, he didn't care. If he had any say in the matter, none of those villains were going to leave Oscorp alive.

He lifted his coat so that his trademark skull was visible as he prepared to enter the building. Frank watched Wasp in his peripheral vision, though; he was ready for if she tried something, which he didn't doubt. These hero types always did interfere with punishment. He often pondered if this made them guilty, to, but he always decided it didn't. "

Peter suddenly raised an eyebrow as she said something he had heard in the past. "Wait... What did you just say?" Peter asked as he leaned forwards, examining her closely. Suddenly, it came back to him:

A while back, Peter had been vying for a position as a reporter at the Bugle as opposed to just a photographer. Needless to say, Jameson is still "considering" him for the job. But his first report was about child prostitution, which was a major issue at the time in New York (Spidey even tracked down an illegal ring of sex-slaves and exposed the criminals behind it). His search led him to a girl he knew as "X", which was her prostitute name. She was a year or two younger then him and she was very shy/scared about the whole ordeal, not wanting to reveal any kind of information about her "job" at all. When Peter tried to make her feel more comfortable, she said the exact same words to him that Laura had just spoken. Suddenly, the pieces came together. He hadn't seen the girl since then and obviously things had changed because now, after not seeing her for quite some time, here she was. "Laura... Y-You wouldn't happen to know somebody named... "X", do you? I mean... Uh, sensitive subject, but... She used to be part of some... Illegal service. I'm only asking because... Well, uh... She said the exact same thing to me as you just did."

(Sorry its short, really scraping the bottom of the barrel for a response right now. Once we get merged into the team, things'll get better. Promise.)

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
[fieldbox=X-23, red, solid]
Laura watched Peter with a quizzical expression. Why was he looking at her like that? He had clearly heard what she said so why did he look so suspicious? Why could she see his face turn from confusion to realization? He looked like he was remembering something unpleasant. And she knew quite well what that looked like. She could see the cogs turning in his head and for some reason, she felt a sense of dread. What's going on?

Laura sat there, wondering what he was getting at and licking her ice cream to get through it quickly, eager to get out of this interrogation. Especially when he next spoke up. X-23 grit her teeth immediately and shut down , refusing to give any emotion away on her face of in her body language. She stayed still, gave him a poker face and let him speak. She should have known. FUCK why can't she do anything right?! How could she have forgotten what she said back then? Oh right. She had shut it out long enough to keep from remembering that it almost slipped away. But not quite. Nothing ever quite makes it out of her thick skull. It stays trapped in there, causing problems forever.No wonder she doesn't have any room to think about what she does before she does it.

Laura rolled her eyes in reaction to his question/suspicion. She had grown a lot since then, even though it had only been a year or so. That's how her body works, though she doubts she'll grow much now. She seems pretty much done. Though she won't know how long she'll stay like this. Unfortunately, it seems likely that she'll live longer than the average human life span. Hopefully she'll figure out how to control herself, find Weapon X and commit suicide before then.

"Uh Peter, no offense, but you're pretty nosy. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had told you to leave them alone before. Besides, what kind of a name is X? I don't know anyone who would call themselves that." She shrugged. Lying is easier than telling the truth. There was a bit of half truth in there though, not that he wold catch it. She doesn't know herself all that well and X isn't a name. Not a real one anyway. It's a code, a designation. An object, property to be used for somebody else's terrible purposes. And now, a monster that should leave New York before it ends up doing more damage than it should.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
A cold chill rushed down Janet's spine when she saw the white skull on the man's shirt. She had no personal experience with the man called The Punisher, but she knew of his infamous reputation. The man was a cold-blooded murderer, a psychopath who had been on the FBI's and CIA's most wanted list on more than a few occasions. He had placed himself above the law, and dubbed himself judge, jury, and executioner. The man was nothing more than a criminal who deserved his own brand of punishment, much more than some of his targets.

A plan formed quickly in Jan's brain and she was swift to put it into action. Being half an inch tall made it difficult for most people to focus upon her, especially when she was moving at high speeds. She did her best to remain behind The Punisher, believing that he was too experienced to allow a potential threat to have his back. She wasn't planning on attacking him, only delaying him until she received some backup; preferably in the form of Captain America or his new telepathic friend.

"Well, Gramps, I hate to break it to you, but I don't think anyone ordered a barbeque today," Jan said as she continued to circle around him.

She noted how the beat officers manning the barricade had acted, but from her vantage point she also saw darkly clad men in tactical gear flanking The Punisher and herself. Considering the Synthetic Seven had been at OSCORP a short time ago, and had held hostages, it was no surprise that NYPD's finest were on the scene. Maybe she wouldn't have to hope that Rachel had been listening to her thoughts when she'd tried to tell her about the heavily armed idiot approaching the OSCORP building.

Jan waited until the murderer's attention was drawn away from her. She didn't have to wait long.

If Frank was listening to the NYPD's double encrypted radio frequency, which he likely was, he would hear the call of "I have a solution". The snipers high upon the buildings surrounding the OSCORP building had already been in place due to the hostage situation. It was a rather large tactical blunder for a man of Frank's experience to march onto a scene that was swarming with cops, especially considering he'd already assaulted an officer earlier that day. A moment later a second sniper said the same.

"FRANK CASTLE. THIS IS THE NYPD TACTICAL RESPONSE TEAM. YOU ARE TO CEASE AND DESIST. PUT THE WEAPONS DOWN AND YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY, YOU WILL BE MET WITH EXTREME HOSTILITY," came the directive over a loudspeaker somewhere on the other side of the barricade, in the direction Frank had just come from.

He sighed. This... Was bad. It certainly put a kink in his plan. He raised his hands slowly. One or two of the normal officers, Frank's informants, almost looked angry about this sudden turn of events. With one hand, he removed the flamethrower.

He was simply misdirecting them. While they focused on him removing the huge flamethrower, he reached to his pouch as though to remove it. The moment the flamethrower touched the ground, though, a live flash bang grenade went out, drawn from his pouch. He ducked down, causing the first volley of gunfire to go over his head, and covered his ears. There were shouts of confusion and pain from the strike team as he swatted at Wasp suddenly and sprinted with speed uncharacteristic of someone his age to the door.

The police always were incompetent. The heroes were the real problem, as he dove into the building to avoid a second volley of gunfire. A sniper's round caused him to jerk suddenly, but his Kevlar absorbed most of the force. He was very aware of some broken ribs, though.

He'd overestimated the NYPD's opinion of him. A mistake he wouldn't make again.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Rachel slap her forehead. "Sweetheat I am all yours, sorry for the late replay Wasp but I had to search for others. Strange enough but true, the Captain is requesting his help, Frank Castle help." She opened her eyes and sighs, didn't waisted another moment near Roger, she felt so damn tired and wasn't ready for a 'bombom' show. "STOP !!" She yelled, a strong sound to be heard be every person. "You dense ... You think everything will unfold without the Captain knowing ? " Rachel looked at the cops. "There are people that die and you start to 'play' with him ?" She was angry, angry enough for her aura to become visible. "Wasp I am sorry, I should have told you early about him. "She moved her head from a side to the other. "Frank, I have a deal for you. I mean the Captain has. " She said as he made smal step toward him.​

Castle was almost confused by this. He leapt on the offer to have people stop shooting at him. "I'll help. On the condition that, whoever I can get my hands on, dies. I'll leave one alive to interrogate." He didn't come out from cover just yet. Frank drew a frag grenade; it was a dud, meant to distract and cause panic. Other than that, it was harmless.

"
And as long as the bug stops buzzing in my ear."

There was an uncomfortable buzz throughout the office floor as Kitty returned. She stepped out of the elevator as it opened and was met with the same simplistic yet stylish cubicles and technology. There were plants -clearly plastic- lining pots in strategic positions and agents in suits talking around the water cooler. It was such an ordinary scene that Kitty almost double backed, surely this isn't how S.H.I.E.L.D operates. She smirked at the thought, having accepted to not always believe what she saw.
Kitty was still dressed in her customised S.H.I.E.L.D uniform, which was merely just an improvement upon her previous X-Man costume. It was predominantly black with strikes of a pale yellow here-and-there. It wasn't practical for most missions but she wore it whenever she could; it served as a reminder that she wasn't just an agent, she was a protector of the world.
"Agent Pryde, I'm glad to see you've returned from Prague safely." Kitty's attention was grabbed by a man her own age in a strangulating suit. His hair was cropped and only added to the crisp image that his finely pressed uniform portrayed. "Unfortunately I have received word of a hostage situation at the Oscorp building. I have been tasked with getting you there myself." For a split second Kitty almost yelled, but she decided against it; the reason downtime was so captivating was because she rarely got any.
"Protecting the world is a full time gig." She thought to herself before running a hand through her hair. Her fringe had grown a lot since leaving the mansion and she had left it that way; she felt it gave her a more mature look. Adhering to regulation, the rest of her brunette hair was tied back into a ponytail -she hadn't favoured a bob cut- and her acceptance of missions were untouched by any social or personal factors. "Then I will meet you down in the garage, agent." Kitty nodded and allowed her lips to release an inaudible sigh as the agent passed her and kept a steady stride towards the elevator.
"Jessica, please let the Director know that I've returned and I'm heading to Oscorp right away." Kitty closed the small distance between herself and the reception desk; sitting behind it was a bubbly young girl with ruby red lips -not regulation- and auburn hair. "Oh, and can you run a check on the X-Men for me? I'd like to know if any of them are either at Oscorp or heading that way." Jessica's fingers moved rapidly over her keyboard as Kitty spoke and after all of the strokes had been completed, she nodded.
"Right away, agent Pryde but I'd thought you'd know that the director is on his way to Oscorp himself." Jessica's words took Kitty by surprise and she merely raised an eyebrow. It appeared as though she had severely underestimated the severity of the situation. "Shall I let him know you're on your way?" Jessica asked the question despite Kitty turning and walking away.
"No, that's okay. I assume he's expecting me." Kitty stepped into the open elevator and pressed the button for the garage. Even after finishing a mission and getting thrown right into another one, she was still as alert as ever.
+ + +
The SUV halted with an uncomfortable thud, causing Kitty to regret not wearing a seat belt. She was sat in the passenger seat beside agent Thorpe -she'd asked his name on the drive over- and he verbally reiterated the objectives for this mission; it was brief, because she only had one: get the hostages out safely.
As Kitty reaffirmed her knowledge, she climbed out of the car and immediately walked towards the barricade that had been created by the NYPD. There was no way that she was going to be able to get through all of the police and through the smoke of an apparent flash grenade unseen, so she took a few steps back.
"I'll have the hostages out of there as soon as possible. Do not let the authorities in there, we don't know what kind of damage these villains are capable of yet." Without waiting to hear Thorpe's reply, she allowed herself to descend into the concrete. Taking a deep breath, she was completely submerged within seconds and travelled in the general direction of the Oscorp entrance.
As she mentally prepared herself for what the mission might present, Kitty began floating back towards the surface and appeared in the centre of the deserted Oscorp lobby. "Alright, time to get to work."

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel took a deep breath of air, as she tried to get a telephatic link with Frank she started, with small steps to walk toward him. "Ok, I heard your requests, you will have to talk with the Captain. As for me." She made a pause as a smile formed in the corner of her lips. "I want to find some people, I will tell you further informations later. Honestly Frank, you don't like to have a conversation here, with cops and heros who just assume things. " She spoke with him telephatically, Rachel waited for his answer as her steps grew closer and closer toward him. With a firm voice, confident and no sign of superiority told him. "Deal ? "
She stood straight, with a smile on her face and her left arm on her hip.​

Rogers's comm had been going off non stop since he asked Rachel to telepathically call for help from the superheroes in the area. Judging from the reports he was getting from the NYPD and the SHIELD helicarrier, Frank Castle's arrival on scene led to an eruption of chaos. So far, no fatalities. He saw Rachel concentrating and assumed she was conversing mentally with other heroes. He left her be, not wanting to break her telepathic communique. Instead, he made a mental check of the positions and availability of his potential allies.

Magneto and Pierce were on downtime for now, with Howard the D.U.C.C. at the Treskelion Institute conducting investigations into the Synthetic Seven at the scene.

Stark was upon the Helicarrier, assisting in collating D.U.C.C.'s data and trying to pinpoint the location of the Synthetic Seven; so far, nothing had come in from that end.

Rachel Summers was down here with him, coordinating recruitment through telepathy, and seemingly doing a more than adequate job of it.

Hill just informed him that one of SHIELD's most promising agents, former X-Men Kitty Pryde, was on scene as well. He had met the young woman a few times and thought of her as capable and competent; her prior adventures the X-Men gave her more than adequate experience for most SHIELD missions.

Wasp was apparently already here as well, with Frank Castle at the OSCORP building near their location. Rogers sighed. Hopefully, he could convince Castle to work with them without a massive body count.

Rogers walked toward Rachel, settled a hand on her shoulder, and nodded toward the front of the OSCORP building, where the Wasp and Frank Castle were and where Kitty Pryde was just now exiting a SHIELD transport SUV.

He led Rachel toward the proverbial pressure cooker, ignoring the trigger-ready cops and snipers up on the rooftops. His presence alone, with the resplendent mighty shield strapped to his forearm, seemed to calm even the most nervous of personnel.

He addressed them all, his potential allies. "Agent Pryde, Wasp…Castle. Thank you for coming." He raised one gloved hand, shouting. "Stand down!" And immediately, all the guns trained on the Punisher went down. He turned his attention back to the gathered superheroes.

"I need your help. There's a chance we can beat the Synthetic Seven, but only if we all work together. Unfortunately, the Seven have already vacated this location and their current position is unknown. They have an OSCORP scientist named Dr. Otto Octavius; why they selected him is currently unknown. I wouldn't have asked for your help if I didn't think each and every one of you could contribute in some way to protecting this city. And while we each come from a different walk of life, we all took up the mantle of superhero to make this world a better place. We can do even more if we work together. Will you help?"

Tony had gotten the message, only a bit after he had picked up a lead on Electro's signature. However, right when he had been about to report over the comm, he had been cut off by Rachel's mental message. At that, he sighed, and 'replied' through thought. 'Right... On it.' With that, Tony readied up his suit, and left the lab. As he went out on the flight deck, he reported in through the comm. "On my way, Cap. Don't let the fun start without me, 'kay?" With that, he took off back down towards New York, arriving at OSCORP in no time. He glanced around with amusement at the little rag-tag team of 'heroes' assembled at the scene. "Huh. Don't suppose I'm interrupting something?"

Taking advantage of the police's ultimatum and subsequent distraction, Janet had taken the opportunity to stowaway in the right pocket of Frank's large jacket. She hadn't expected the loud explosion which followed, or the jostling she experienced when he had run for cover, or the sound of bullets whizzing closely by her not-so-safe hiding spot.

It was only after Cap had taken charge of the situation, ordered the S.W.A.T. team to stand down, and thanked them for coming, did she fly out of The Punisher's jacket pocket and grew to her normal height of five feet and four inches.

She put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at the old soldier, "Just who do you think you're calling a bug?"

Her attention, however, was pulled to the sky as the sound of a rocket jet announced Iron Man's arrival. "What's Stark's tin soldier doing here?" she asked as she directed a curious look at Steve.

"You think you're ready for this...? There's nothing you can do. No move you can make I didn't already see coming."

Carol looks into the eyes of her opponent with a ferocity only matched by Odin and the greatest Asgardians that were told about in lore. It all came down to this, it was crunch time. Now or never. Her foe looks back at her with the same solid, driven face of will. Both of their cold blue eyes digging right into the depths of each others' souls...awaiting the inevitable moment before them.

"Well Widow, make your move."

The agent then looks into Carol's eyes and slowly moves her lips: "Knight to B4". It was over, and a smirk came across Carol's face as she watched the two hour long event finally come to an end. "Checkmate" Carol tells her covert counterpart, as Agent Romanova ((NPC | Cameo)) sighs and reclines back in her chair. It had been an endless eternity since the secret task squad 'Agent Zero' had any free time, always sticking to the shadows and going bump in the night even to the ones that went bump in the night also. Three years at this and it all just felt routine to her. Carol has had many great triumphs in her day, along with many great obstacles. Through it all she had operated in countless missions: be it search & rescue, assault, covert/espionage, or just Recon & Intel...the one thing that never ceases to amaze her is how easy it is for her to just enjoy her free time like a 4 year old kid at Disneyland. Ever since SHIELD came to her, she's been running the 'behind the scenes' of SHIELD's deep cover ops, missions that didn't even log in the SHIELD archives at times. Not once has 'Agent Zero' failed. The great Captain America was director now, but this squad was commissioned by someone else. Someone that believed this was necessary. Of course all Cap had to do was look up their SHIELD files and they'd be there....thing is...he probably isn't even aware they work for him at all. Everyone here was recruited and secretly handpicked by Nick Fury himself. All for the greater good, to preserve not only the nation anymore, no that was too small scale...now she had a world to look after. With mutants, terrorists, altered beings, etc...Earth was more dangerous than ever, but Carol also seen that it's at it's most potent as well, and that's what drives her everyday.

Agent Romanova rises from her chair and bids Carol farewell. "Til next time."
Widow.jpg

Carol nods at her and folds up the chessboard with a satisfied smile on her face. That smile would end all too quickly as another squad comrade, Agent Jimmy Woo ((NPC)) radio's in and sounds...not calm.

Woo: "We have a problem....the Triskelion was breached."

A face of dark rage inflicted Carol's face at the news. All those superpowered savages...no telling how many were freed. All she could think about was Victor Creed aka Sabretooth. All that work and effort to capture and imprison him and now someone has broken them out!? She knew it was a break-in; Absolutely no one or thing had enough power, hacking skills, and intel to breach Triskelion. The walls were made of 10% Vibranium AND Adamantium. The security was the most elite military branches from around the globe....and even a mind like Stark or Richards could hack the systems but a digital carbon copy of the source cookies and IP would automatically be recorded and sent to an undisclosed location in less than half a second. She believed this was a planned event. This had to be a supported job. In seconds, Carol gathered her combat knife, and her silenced XD9 pistol. Strapping on her custom issued Vibranium bullet proof vest, she begins to ask for specs.

WarBird: "How many broke out? Casualties? Which side of the building?"

Woo: "Uhh so far they count seven, moderate casualties...a uhh...Max Dillon, Flint Marko, Carl Creel, one codename 'Hydro-Man', and a few others got loose. Get this...they all have a cross reference on SHIELD databases: Spider-Man."

WarBird: "You mean that goofy vigilante in the red and blue tights?"

Woo: "Yupp, and as of several hours ago...he was attacked by those very same escapees. Coincidence?"

WarBird: "So this is someone that has beef with the Spider-Man?"

Woo: "That's my guess..."

WarBird: "Well then, a simple Bait and Stitch...we track this Spider-Man, we'll get the prisoners. Does Fury know?"

Woo: "When does he not?"

WarBird: "Alright Woo, find out everything you got on Spider-Man and why exactly he's being targeted. Inform Quatermain and Carter, have them dig up all they can on the escapees...I'm going to New York."

Woo: "Affirmed. Out."

Carol packs a bag full of ammo, various grenades, an deca-encrypted comm link, a MUD (Mobile Universal Device), and some civilian clothes, along with her SHIELD badge. She rushes out of the door from the facility into a civilian looking home where Agent Romanova lurks in the kitchen. Rushing on the way out, Romanova barely has time to mutter any words. Carol knew better than to ask agent Widow on this mission for support, she may have been apart of the task force, but only because she's freelance. Had she not made an amnesty deal with SHIELD, she'd probably be in the Triskelion as well. But Carol connected to her in the fact that they both are loners forced to rely only on themselves when backed against the wall. This was the first time Carol was going back on the grid in three years, maybe she'd meet her idol Captain America, professionally speaking of course. However, the main focus was getting those prisoners back and preserving civilian life. Carol hastily walks to the Eagle, her own issued jet by SHIELD in good faith of service and pilot expertise. She checks the flaps after turning the ignition and tuning her frequency to only where SHEILD clearance level 9 and 10 can hear. The engines rev up as Agent Danvers begins her journey to succeed in yet another op. Off the record.
Eagle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"What's Stark's tin soldier doing here?"

"Stark's loaning him out to assist on this mission, Van Dyne," Rogers replied. He gazed at the assembled crew. It had grown in just a few moments, to an impressive array of heroes and powers: Agent "Shadowcat" Pryde, Rachel Summers, Janet "the Wasp" Van Dyne, Frank "the Punisher" Castle, the Iron Man, and himself were already on scene. Rogers tilted his head as Maria Hill sent another update over his comm that another asset was en route via airway, a Colonel Danvers, head of NASA security. At least they would have air support.

Rogers addressed the impromptu team. "I think we have enough firepower here to level a city block; we just may be able to beat the Synthetic Seven yet. Maria Hill and Tony Stark have been hard at work trying to locate them; hopefully, they have something by now." He gave Iron Man a quick, subtle, meaningful glance, before continuing. "Obviously, we'll have to coordinate our efforts if we're to be at all effective in battle against these hardened criminals."

He pointed to each in turn, "Van Dyne, Pryde, can you handle interference? Your powers both give you mobility the rest of us lack. You can keep the Seven confused and busy, moving from one to the other, making openings for the rest of us to exploit."

"Summers, Iron Man - your psionic abilities and weapons payload will be a hard counter to most of the Seven's attacks, if you can manage to keep the pressure on them."

"Castle, you and I are the only ones without heavy firepower. We should be plugging holes where we can and focusing down any of the Seven who trip up - we're the wild cards in this furball."

"Finally, I just received word that we'll be getting some air support. I'm getting patched in now."

He hit a button on his ear piece. "This is Director Rogers of SHIELD to incoming aircraft. Colonel Danvers, welcome to the party. What party favors did you bring us?"

Carol brings the Eagle to mach 5 as the aircraft zooms through the sky at uncanny velocity. She'd checked the barometric pressure of New York City as she took off, it's fair climate giving her relatively ideal flying/cover conditions. The Treskelion was priority number one for Carol, she had to make sure that those criminals were placed back where they belonged. She pulls out the dog tag necklace under her collar to view a picture and serial ID of her younger brother, Steve. She kissed the necklace as she seamlessly sifted through clouds. Static from the radio begins to impede her focus as she raises a brow. Who had access to her channel other than the unit and Fury? The static gradually turns into a distinctive voice as the female speaks into the encrypted channel.

Unregistered aircraft, this is Agent Maria Hill of SHIELD. Please state you name, affiliation, and purpose or you will be shot down.

Carol: "Agent Hill, we're on the same side. This is Colonel Carol Danvers of Air Force Spec. Ops and Captain of NASA security. I'm en route to New York City in wake of the recent events at the Treskelion. Callsign Delta-Lima-Echo-Igor-Hamilton-Sigma."

Hill: Colonel, the aircraft you have is registered under SHIELD as a level 9 clearance? You want to explain that?

Carol: "I'll explain everything to a level 10 clearance only. I'm here to help, Hill."

Hill: You don't have the luxury of doing so, I suggest you answer me now Colonel. We have three F-12B's ready to be dispatched to your location.

Carol looked at the radio and back at the clouds with indifference. She wasn't used to being back on the grid, but she knew she could trust Hill, and anyone affiliated with her. Fury had named a list of people that thought were soley about the integrity of protecting this nation. It wasn't about Carol's pride or her ego at that moment, she looked back down at the radio and responded.

Carol: "I'm a deep cover operative working for SHIELD. Handpicked by Nick Fury right before he 'retired'. My liasion is NASA and Spec. Ops from the Air Force. Fury wanted us off the grid to monitor the more covert operations in SHIELD...like a secret secret service. I want to help, Agent Hill. Pull up my file everything you need will be there."

After a moment Hill radio's in: I'll notify Director Rogers of your arrival.

Carol exhales in relief. At this velocity, she was over the horizon of New Jersey. Another radio wave comes in as Carol heard the voice of her idol, and her boss. Director Steve Rogers.

Cap: This is Director Rogers of SHIELD to incoming aircraft. Colonel Danvers, welcome to the party. What party favors did you bring us?

Carol: "It's an honor Director, I'm pretty sure we have the same intel, but I'm able to provide Recon from the sky if you need it. Originally I was going to the Treskelion to investigate further about these criminals, seems they all have a connection to the Spider-Man. However I'm at yor service sir, whatever you need. I'm also Captain of Security at NASA which means you'll have access to all orbital satellites for tracking these tangos, there won't be a place in the open we can't see them. If the situation warrants it I have a 15, 40, and 100mm cannon dispensery for assistance. Whatever you need Director."

Carol wondered if the Captain would have questions about where she came from and how she got wind of the situation, but for now she wanted to do whatever it took to stop these criminals and put them back where they belonged. Theories and discussions could wait.

Reluctantly, Frank nodded. The orders made sense. Besides, to add to all the guns that could be turned on him any second, now he would have to deal with all of these heroes if he went on his own. So, for now, he would go along with it. "Once Stark finds them, I'll look for a nearby vantage point to provide support and cover." He knew that, unfortunately, none of them would be seriously hurt by the fifty caliber rifle in his van. Some of them would be dazed by it, though. This also had to do with one thing; Rogers was the only soldier here. Frank didn't trust these others to cover his back. Especially not Shadowcat.

The mention of air support intrigued him, but he had no idea how it would come into play in the upcoming battle. It wasn't like calling in an air strike was an option. He eyed the other members of their little group with a look of wary dislike as he waited for further instructions.

Shortly after Laura dismissed his comments, Spidey suddenly felt a strange tingling sensation in the back of his head. It wasn't like his "danger tingle" (he was still working on a name for it), but it was more like something trying to contact him. Then, suddenly, a woman spoke. Rachel Summers? That was who she was? As he listened to her speak, she mentioned the Captain wanting to speak with him. Captain? As in Captain America? Peter thought to himself before his eyes were brought to the television once again, seeing the image of what appeared to be a convention gathering. Captain America, the Wasp, Iron Man, a group of SHIELD agents and... Was that Punisher? What in the world was such a group doing together at OSCORP? Whatever the reason, Peter knew that he needed to go. As he began to stand, he looked at Laura and smiled weakly. "Okay, uh... Don't go anywhere, okay? Just, uh... Stay here. I kind of heard a voice in my head asking to come hang with the Heroes, so I gotta go. But is promise I'll be back, okay? Just wait for me, I'll call you later." explained the young hero before he put on his mask again and dashed out the hole. As a truck came dashing by, Peter latched onto it so he could get a speed boost. Without fail, the fast car sent him flying off down the street. Releasing his grip when the truck was about to stop, Peter launched himself into the air and swung a web, propelling himself towards OSCORP.

It took him another little while, but he finally made it. Landing on top of the green spire atop the structure, Spidey fired off a web towards the ground and lapelled himself down. When his head was inches above the ground, he let out a loud whistle and politely waved. "Hey everyone, what's up? I was just hanging around when I got a weird message. Are any of you wackadoos named "Rachel Summers"? If so, thanks for the call. Okay, so what's the deal?"

As the time passed people began to come, one by one in a short time was made a small group. Passed her slim finger through her maroon hair as she let a sigh escape between her lips. " As you say Captain." Had a low tone as Rachel looked around, nobody captured her interest in a way or another. Although she heard many stories and had seen the news on TV about them, Rachel expected to have something out of the ordinary, or at least to be the heroes that people spoke about,but no. Disillusioned about the truth she smiled, learned on her skin to never judge a person. Well, they didn't sparkle in the light which was a good thing, but on the battlefield she will remark their skills. For a rather long period Rachel cut off her relationships with the outside world as her attention and work was to turn into someone exceptional. "Well I -" She stopped as Spider-man made his entrance. "Me." She said as she displayed a smirk and she crossed her arms. "For nothing sweetheart, I try my best best." She spoke in a ironically tone as Rachel show a short smile in the corner of her lips, she turned toward the Captain. " Before we jump into the action shouldn't be there, well a little information about them ? At least for me, for the past days I didn't hand the chance you know." She spoke as she bitten her lower lip. " For me is nothing to explore people's mind, but well, a little privacy." Shaked her head.​

"Already got it covered, Ms. Summers," Rogers replied. "My people on the Helicarrier have been feeding me what intel we have on the Synthetic Seven for a while now."

He pulled a handheld cellphone-sized device from a pouch at his belt and instantly the screen lit up with images of the aforementioned criminals with some data floating across.

A blue head appeared first, electricity forming a halo around him. "Max Dillion, codename Electro. An electrokineticist with weaknesses against water and other hyper-conductive substances. We'll mainly have to worry about area of effect with his abilities."

Next, a sallow-skinned thug with close dropped red hair. "Flint Marko, codename Sandman. Former muscle, now a shapeshifter who can reform his body into any shape he wants. Offensively, he can extend the effective range of his punches and also reshape his fists into any solid construct. Defensively, he can dematerialize into sand, making physical attacks difficult. He has been known to lose some efficacy after being doused in enough water."

This time, a man seemingly made out of water. "Morris Bench, codename Hydo-Man. Similar properties to Marko, only with a water theme. In the past, thickening substances such as concrete and rob him of his shapeshifting abilities."

Another thug showed up on screen. "Carl Creer, codename Absorbing Man. He gains the properties of any material he touches, including density, mass, and size. Countering this ability may be problematic. We should take care in engaging him and make sure we don't give him an edge by having him absorb material we're using ourselves."

Next was a mass of spiders in the form of a human body. "The Thousand. A parasitic organism made up of one thousand arachnids housing the collective consciousness of Carl King. It had break down into its individual components, but can also take over a new host if they converge on someone. In addition to growing stronger with each new host, the Thousand also can use a paralytic poisonous bite."

Next was a swarm of bees. "Fritz von Meyer, codename the Swarm. Similar to the Thousand, the Swarm is constituted by countless bees housing von Meyer's intellect. Von Meyer can make the bees assume any shape or form he requires and has some telepathic influence over other bees as well."

Finally, there was an image of a man in a white outfit covered with black spots. "Dr. Jonathan Ohnn, codename the Spot. Ohnn has control over an extradimensional field called Spotworld, which he manifests as multiple small portals from which he can launch attacks from any angle and over any distance. He can manipulate the size and shape of these portals as well. Range is pretty much a non-issue for him and he can use these portals to redirect attacks launched against him."

Rogers then started handing the non-SHIELD heroes a small adhesive disc. "These are listening devices. Usually, we use them for eavesdropping, but in a pinch they also function as a two-way radio. At least this way, all of us can communicate easily."

Status
Not open for further replies.