The Ultimate Comic Book Roleplaying Universe: Dark Reign (see inside for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman + Venom... and here I thought a character with literally godlike powers would be the OP one xD

Reactions: Razilin
want to make it REALLY alternate universe?

the Symbiotes can be the Emotional Avatar of the Yellow Color Spectrum/Fear

aka, the Symbiotes are the new Yellow Lantern Ring

Oooh, interesting concept.

So would your Venom be on-par with Agent Venom (meaning they're more anti-hero/hero then villain?)

eh no lol, that's going a tad far (especially with Batman, he got a Yellow ring once and rejected it)
also i'm a tad... protective, of the lantern corps, they're my favorite >3>
(totally doesn't have 5 lantern corps OCs)

True, but we could always keep the lanterns around and have the Symbiotes be a similarly designed construct.

I think Raz was getting at the fact that the Symbiotes could be similar to how the 'rings' act, which in context with the comics would make sense to a degree (Carnage was able to morph his limbs into various weapons, similar to how the Lanterns could create objects by focusing ring energy)

well true but that's a pretty natural ability with an amorphous body lol

That's true. I think I'll explore the idea and see how things turn out before I make a solid decision on wether or not I'll go with it.

In the meantime, anyone want to suggest some villains for us to go up against? Keep in mind that bigger bad-guys like Doomsday or Thanos will probably be tackled a bit later once the team is more experienced/rounded, but I'm not against having a few 'bigger baddies' be our main antagonists for each 'chapter' (ex. We fight The Sinister Six while Brainiac acts as the head-honcho who recruited them. At the end, we defeat Brainiac).

just jean grey, no phoenix. as for bad guys, magneto definitely has to be in there. i might also recommend quicksilver.

I'll take Wanda Maximoff ( Scarlet Witch ) and James Barnes ( The Winter Solider ). I think for Wanda it'll be the future version of her while Bucky's would be from the past.​

Would Wanda be a baby in the past or how old would she be? Would she even be born yet?

For potential baddies, Carnage might be good being stronger than Venom (and thus Venom Batman here), or maybe someone like Clayface or Sandman, against whom mere brute force just can't work.

Carnage was definitely on the table for a bit further into the RP (he's my favourite Marvel villain :3), but Sandman/Clayface could definitely be an interesting first foe.

I'm in! i have 3 characters in mind already omg i have no clue who to choose or if/how to combine them wow this is going to be soo fun!

Alright good to have you on-board! That'll do it for our characters, sign ups are now closed!

I'll have the OoC up this weekend ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
As well, I anyone has questions/needs help with their character ideas, just shoot me a PM and I'll help out as best as I can ^^

Yeah, sorry about that! ^^;

Life decided to whack me in the head once again -_-

But I should have it up tonight, I've nearly got it complete. Just wanted to add a few touch ups.

• Thank You
ok, thanks! *excited* :3
I'm not rushing or anything though it's just kinda a peeve of mine when people vanish and don't say anything

No worries, I was gonna post today anyways ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Now, just to warn some of the newcomers and previous cast from the original RP: the majority of the backstory leading up to the present-day RP world will be based on the world in an RP I ran called "The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe".

For those of you who are returning from that, this picks up 2 years after the Synthetic Seven attack. For those who don't know what that is, I'll be explaining it at the start of the IC (don't worry it's not a huge thing).

However, I'll be altering a few details to the 'Synthetic Seven' plot and changing it up to match the new universe (the names of some locations and alternate identities for some characters and one small tweak to the ending), but for the most part things are exactly the same (character interactions, the general plot, etc).

So to reiterate: this will take place 2 Years after the events of the previous RP ended.

You'll understand more when I post the OoC, which should be up later tonight ^^

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.