The Type of Person You Will Go For According To Your Myers-Brigg Personality Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
I think the Myers-Brigg personality test was already shared in General a few months ago, but I just recently came across this article.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/april-lee...cording-to-your-myers-brigg-personality-type/

So, according to my personality type (I took the test in written form, not online - that one said I was INTP though):

f2IiJWi.png

I don't really like going for someone who argues with me all the time o_o And if someone is actively trying to 'seduce' me that is enough to frighten me away from them. But reading these from time to time is interesting, though you can't base too much off of personality tests.

What did you guys get, from your own personality types? You can take an online personality test here: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum and Mu
INFP

Who you usually go for: The Prince Charming/Cinderella type. The all-rounded, seemingly perfect one (that you actually barely know). But the minute details that you do know about them, you've managed to spin into an entire fairytale in your mind. This fairytale typically lives as long as you don't try to actually pursue them.

Who you should go for: The one that challenges you and/or your views on the world. The one that will meet you halfway, bettering themselves for you if you will learn to be more accepting of their flaws. Someone that will show you that real life is never ever like a fairytale, BUT it can still be amazing.

Man, I almost doubt I would usually go for someone like that. Especially people I barely know. But I do understand where it's getting at, I've gone through something way too similar. It kinda scares me how my brain just conjures up some really unrealistic stuff.

Someone who challenges me? ; u ;
I can sense many arguments.
That's not a good thing.

Reactions: Hana
I got ENTJ, and apparently I'm a 'commander'.

Pretty sure I got a different result last time, but I answered it honestly.

Who you usually go for: The over-achieving, put-together one. You get turned on by long-term goal setting and planning ahead. And you're attracted to capability, intelligence and ambition. But most of all, you're attracted to assertiveness. After all, you're going to need someone who can keep up with yourself, no?

Who you should go for: The secretly witty one. The humble, yet still confident one whom you overlook and underestimate at first, until they challenge one of your theories with an equally impressive theory of their own. Or better yet, they actually prove you wrong, and leave you with all the holes in your argument that you believed was foolproof. Someone who knocks your ego down a notch, but in a way that only makes you admire them more.

INFP

Who you usually go for: The Prince Charming/Cinderella type. The all-rounded, seemingly perfect one (that you actually barely know). But the minute details that you do know about them, you've managed to spin into an entire fairytale in your mind. This fairytale typically lives as long as you don't try to actually pursue them.

Who you should go for: The one that challenges you and/or your views on the world. The one that will meet you halfway, bettering themselves for you if you will learn to be more accepting of their flaws. Someone that will show you that real life is never ever like a fairytale, BUT it can still be amazing.

--
I do feel pulled toward people that seem perfect, but I know better. I also don't like challenges, my anxiety has seen to that. Though I do have respect for people who do listen to my side of things. They don't have to agree, merely respect it for what it is. Then I will do the same. The last thing I want is to appear romantically "ditsy"(the therapist's word, not mine) like my older sibling.

Reactions: Hana and Mu
ISFP

Who you usually go for: No one. You don't go for anyone. Not because you're extremely lazy and laid-back (which you are), but because you genuinely aren't interested. And even if you are, you'll let these alien feelings simmer down until they eventually go away, so you can revert to your care-free self.

Who you should go for: The one who penetrates your little bubble. Someone who understands where your mind is at when it's not with them, and won't get mad at you for being "uninvolved" or "passive".

....... depressing.....but surprisingly true.....I gotta be dragged out and about......*sighs and goes to sit in the corner*

Coming back to this! ^^

ENTP

Who you usually go for: The innocent one. The nice one whose limits have yet to be tested, and whose ugly side has yet to be revealed. You go for the patient ones, only to see how long you can tap-dance on their last nerve. You just like seeing good things burn, don't you? (Haha, kidding. Not really.)

Who you should go for: The one who can't be pushed. The one who is unaffected by your roguish charm, and who shows you who they really are on their own terms. Someone who doesn't see in black or white, but in shades of grey. Someone who doesn't label people as good or bad, but rather, that we can always be better.
I laughed my lungs out at the first one, it reads like they're calling me a predator. The 'should' on the other hand, seems decently accurate when looking back at good relationships. Though... That's something I've known forever. Hurray life experience.

Someone who challenges me? ; u ;
I can sense many arguments.
That's not a good thing.
I think explicitly avoiding conflicts for the sake of maintaining the peace, is a bubble just waiting to burst. Someone who challenges you, rather than to be seen as an aggravation, should be interpreted as an opportunity to learn. You might not agree, but exploring different perspectives enriches the mind. I think that is the message.

Also honestly, the quality of a relationship isn't determined by the quantity of arguments, but the way you handle arguments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mu and Hana
INTP-T

Who you usually go for: You don't. They go for you. The persistent one who will follow you around until you finally give in. And if you're being honest, your relationship is almost 100% them.

Who you should go for: The one that actually makes you want to do something. The one that makes you decide that they are worth the effort and time and money. Someone that makes you get off your couch, or walk across the room to check your phone. Someone that makes you feel something substantial.

-----------------

This is surprisingly accurate.

All official relationships and persistent flirts/flatterer's I've had/have, have been when they've taken the first move.
There's not single relationship or potential relationship I've been in where I was one who had taken the Initiative.
However, I wouldn't say the relationship is 100% them. It's probably majority them (70-80% generally), but not 100%.

As for who I *should* go for?
I kind of already had.

Even in past relationships which I would describe as unhealthy it had given me a motivation where they seemed worth it, where I wanted to get off the couch, where I felt special because of them.
In a sense who I usually go for and who I should go for has been the same thing for me.

INTP

Who you usually go for: You don't. They go for you. The persistent one who will follow you around until you finally give in. And if you're being honest, your relationship is almost 100% them.

Who you should go for: The one that actually makes you want to do something. The one that makes you decide that they are worth the effort and time and money. Someone that makes you get off your couch, or walk across the room to check your phone. Someone that makes you feel something substantial.

The first part's not right but the second one is pretty accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
This time I got: INFP-T

Who you usually go for: The Prince Charming/Cinderella type. The all-rounded, seemingly perfect one (that you actually barely know). But the minute details that you do know about them, you've managed to spin into an entire fairytale in your mind. This fairytale typically lives as long as you don't try to actually pursue them. <-- This is a load of crap and has never represented my real romantic life EVER. o____o

Who you should go for: The one that challenges you and/or your views on the world. The one that will meet you halfway, bettering themselves for you if you will learn to be more accepting of their flaws. Someone that will show you that real life is never ever like a fairytale, BUT it can still be amazing. <-- I have always went for people like this. XD

So I guess that makes me a smartie pants. 8D

INTJ

I do tend to have relationships with my polar opposite. Perhaps I should change that though, it hasn't worked out very well.

PRtAEqE.png

(However I have taken this quiz several times now and I tend to circulate between this and INFP)

TM2Tdbz.png

(doesnt really seem like it in my opinion.)

jnb9UNw.png

(Some of my best loves have been like this yes.)

INTP

This is 100% correct for me. I honestly never go after anyone as I see myself as everyone's friend and nothing much more. It's probably why I get REALLY surprise I find out someone likes me in that way and is actively trying to pursue it. I almost don't even believe that they see me in that way and I lose out in a potential relationship.

The few times that it does turn into a relationship, it is 100% about them. After about six months, I normally end the relationship as I feel emotionally drained by it. It's probably about time I find a relationship that is 60/40 (with 60 being about me...lmfao).

Haha, I remember my best friend getting this:

INFJ
Who you usually go for: No one, because everyone is going to hurt you. Even the ones you're only mildly attached to,especially the ones you really really like. Once in a blue moon, you'll meet someone who seems to have the potential to never screw you over. And you'll put them on a pedestal until, eventually, they'll let you down too.

Who you should go for: The best friend. The one who has proven their trustworthiness by being there for you through everything. The one who will let you down unintentionally, every now and again, but stays by your side to stitch up the wounds. Someone who will finally make you believe in the whole "everyone is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for" bullshit that you were struggling to accept before.

Lol we joked about living together as old maids often enough

Reactions: Esmeray and Mu
ISTJ

Who you usually go for: The 'It' Girl/Guy type. Usually within your circle of friends, because you're afraid to be seen with anyone else that isn't considered socially acceptable. The one that majority of your peers agree is smoking hot, and their jealous approval makes you feel like you've achieved something.

Who you should go for: The one who sees past your reputation. The one who, by some miracle or moment off-guard, you've revealed yourself to. Someone who knows you're actually a real softie, and are a lot more clueless than you're leading on. Someone who doesn't believe in the status quo and in turn, liberates you from it too.
The "usually go for" is only sort of true. Sounds like a phase I went through in high school, however my inability to impress these 'hot' friends the first few times made me quickly stop trying altogether. I was a desperate nerdy girl who was invisible, so that approval from the more popular one was something I thought would help me. Pretty dumb of me to think, as I look back on it.

The "should go for" is pretty right, though. Although, any pretentious bullshit I do now is out of necessity or politeness, because I have family who would make life hellish for me if they saw all of who I really am. I am most fortunate to have been able to meet @The Butterfly, someone who did indeed liberate me from the status-quo. Never takes advantage of me, never put off by my awkwardness--I don't have to pretend, I can always just be me. C:

ENFJ

Who you usually go for: The one who gives you half as much as you give them. The one who you really really really like, but doesn't necessarily like you as much back. You believe in hard work when it comes to relationships, and you're determined to prove that you're faithful and trustworthy. This only works for as long as it takes for you to figure out that the reason the relationship seems to be at a plateau is because: your effort alone cannot keep the ship sailing.

Who you should go for: The one who tries. Someone who acknowledges that passion is important, but understands that effort is what truly keeps people together. Someone who initiates as often as you do, and is willing to share every part of their life with you.

The best friend. The one who has proven their trustworthiness by being there for you through everything.
So Hana X Sen?

Finally done with the personality test. Let's see.

ISTJ

Who you usually go for: The 'It' Girl/Guy type. Usually within your circle of friends, because you're afraid to be seen with anyone else that isn't considered socially acceptable. The one that majority of your peers agree is smoking hot, and their jealous approval makes you feel like you've achieved something.
Who you should go for: The one who sees past your reputation. The one who, by some miracle or moment off-guard, you've revealed yourself to. Someone who knows you're actually a real softie, and are a lot more clueless than you're leading on. Someone who doesn't believe in the status quo and in turn, liberates you from it too.

_______
... Wow... I have never seen anything or anyone being more wrong... I don't even socialize with the in-crowd for the most part and I have always been the type that hangs around lots of groups without having one that I belong too more or less than any other. I have never cared about the socially acceptable and I was the one who stopped hanging around my best friend when she started smoking and hanging around the 'cool' smoking and drinking kids. Never would I date the 'it' girl or guy if that's all they are.

As for the should go for, I don't open up to anyone offline except if they have a contract that says they can't tell anyone about what I have said, so good luck. :p The more I like someone, the less likely I am to tell them about my problems cause I don't want to bother them. I would go for someone with similar interests and someone who can respect my privacy bubble. They don't necessarily have to see the things I don't tell them, but they should know that if I don't tell them something, then it is cause I'm not ready to talk about it and they shouldn't pressure me into doing so. Ask about it, sure, but if I say I don't want to talk about it, then I don't want to talk about it. Seeing me as a softie or not doesn't matter to me.

ENFJ PERSONALITY

Who you usually go for: The one who gives you half as much as you give them. The one who you really really really like, but doesn't necessarily like you as much back. You believe in hard work when it comes to relationships, and you're determined to prove that you're faithful and trustworthy. This only works for as long as it takes for you to figure out that the reason the relationship seems to be at a plateau is because: your effort alone cannot keep the ship sailing.

Who you should go for: The one who tries. Someone who acknowledges that passion is important, but understands that effort is what truly keeps people together. Someone who initiates as often as you do, and is willing to share every part of their life with you.

100 intro.jpg
prince.jpg
I feel like I have the best of both of those. Like, I went for him because he seemed hot great and then he turned into who I should be going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.