The Two-Sentence Story

There were still so many more problems to fix. But for the first time in what seemed like forever, he allowed himself to believe it would turn out all right.

Dridian Mackalbee Jones was, by no means what any reasonable person would call a wizard. He relied entirely too much on luck, and as it would happen, one day his luck ran out.

If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Then why do I see myself?

Reactions: Gossamer
Wife: "The doctor said I have a yeast infection."

Husband: "Ahhh! So thaaats what happened to all the leftover breadsticks!"

Reactions: a touch of dread
All I want is for you to be happy.

Even if it's not with me.

Reactions: Person
If you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a thousand typewriters, the saying goes they'd write all the works of Shakespeare, given time. Personally, I believe you'd end up with a thousand broken typewriters and a room smeared in monkey shit... kinda reminds me of Congress.

I know that you're very careful.

But, I still intentionally leave my hairs on your pillow hoping that she will find them.

Once Upon A Time, there was a Princess and a Frog, a Kiss, and then a Happily Ever After. I still wonder what would happen Twice Upon A Time... you never hear stories about that, do you?

It was like nobody, neither the blind or the observant, could see me. But then I realized, oh yeah, none of them had ever been able to.

Reactions: Gossamer
It was kind of eerie, the way she just sat there and stared at me, unblinking, unmoving, unable to respond to the news I just gave her. Almost made me wish the client didn't want the face as intact as possible when I gave him her head.

• Love
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
I sit still and read, enviously, the writings of amazing minds. When will I realize I'm every bit as capable?

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
I refuse to let them take away my home, my life and all the people I love. I won't let them have it!

Staring at my blood-stained hands these thoughts echo in my mind as I realized I've taken it from myself.

The man with the axe was getting each time closer, he had a very creepy and scary look on his face. Hannah felt like she was going to die until she realized he was just a woodcutter...

"With the knife's sharp edge, he slit her throat in one swift motion. The deed had to be done, but the guilt began to consume his entire being -- stripping him of his sanity, happiness, and humanity."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Just like a frog, I hardly noticed the water begin to boil. Now, it's to late.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
When we hold each other's hands, we can live our dreams together, however, there's no going back. All through the act of a single touch, we are bound to sleep, suffer, experience bliss together, bound to the hope and the nightmare, all by fate's undying grip.

The moment I realized where I was, was the most terrifying moment of my life. It got more terrifying when I realized who I was with.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person