The Twin Blades

She let out a soft whine, suprising herself, when his lips left hers for the final time and he left. Walking down the hall, she poked her head into Tori's room. "Ichi-kun is gone now so you can stop glaring" she told him crossly. "Just what is your problem with Ichiro anyway? You never liked him."

"I just worry about you Midori, you're really dependent on him, you have been since the day you met."

She glared ar her brother. "I can handle myself Tori Onii-chan." she snapped, before turning and walking to her room and slamming the door shut.

Tori's just being stupid' she told herself undoing her pigtails and getting into her PJs. She quickly brushed her teeth and then slipped into bed. She was fast asleep with in minutes

Avoiding the grins on the faces of his entire family, Ichiro slipped past them all. He went straight to his room to finish the display for his sword. About an hour later, it was done. He sat and looked at it for a moment, then laid his head on the pillow, Midori running through his mind. Slowly but surely he drifted off to sleep, Midori in his dreams too.

'Buuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzz' Slam. Mirdori's hand cam down on her alarm clock and she sprang up. Normally, she was slower in the mornings, but the fact that she was going to see Ichiro again combined with the odd dream she'd had of fighting an unknown figure in with her new blade, she wanted to be awake. It had started out as a normal dream. Well, the normal ones with Ichiro any way, and then it had morphed into that.

Taking a quick shower, Midori got changed into her iniform, deciding to leave her hair down for the day. She debated on whether or not to take her sword with her but decided not too, though she hated leaving it behind.

After eating quickly, Midori grabbed her bag and started off for school. "I'm off, I'll see you all later."

Ichiro stared up at his mother, his pillow clasped in one hand, the hard floor not making him very comfortable, a bruise on the back of his head from having fallen out just moments ago.
"Having fun there?" she laughed.
He looked at his pillow. It had small bite marks. He went a stark red. He had only dreamt of making out with Midori...though apparently not...
"Come on lazy, you'll be late for school."
Ichiro leapt up and got himself showered and dressed at lightning speed, then headed off to meet Midori.

Midori hummed as she walked. She was in an amazing mood. She doubted even Yuki could annoy her at the moment. Although she wouldn't mind running into Yuki with her new blade and showing how weak she really was.

'Wait, where did that come from?' Midori shrugged. Oh well. It was just a thought, she wasn't going to act on it or anything.

Her smile winded when she saw Ichiro. "Ichiro, good morning she said kissing him lightly.

Ichiro responded with a rather more enthusiastic kiss, lifting her off her feet.
Once he'd put her down, he clasped his hand with hers.
"Good morning my love. Ready for another day of doodling and not paying attention?"
He doubted anything could shatter the kind of mood he was in

"Always," she said with a grin

Midori really didn't want to go to school. She'd much rather go that clearing, but if her mother found out she'd skipped to go make out with her boyfriend... Midori shuddered, it be even worse now that she was darting Ichiro because her mom knew him personally.

Ichiro walked in with her, not letting go of her hand. He knew it inevitable that some of the bullies would try and make fun of them, but he didn't care. He would laugh it off as always, and help Midori too as well. He was too happy to care about any of their petty insults,
"Thankfully we have all our classes together today." he said stopping at his locker.

"That is a bonus" Midori agreed, smiling widely. "You might even be able to get me to pay attention in class today." she said as they left his locker and headed towards hers. She heard whisperer and felt stares one them, but she did her best to ignore them. Gripping Ichiro's hand tightly so she wouldn't go launching herself at people

Ichiro inched them closer together. He leaned his head towards hers.
"Just ignore them. It's you and me now, no one else matters in this relationship. Don't let them get the better of you Midori" he whispered, hoping his words would have an effect.
He stood with her and waited once they reached her locker. He looked down the hallway and saw Yuki coming towards them.

Midori took a deep breath and opened her locker. "Right. Just ignore them. They don't matter." she repeated under her breath. Then she heared the laugh that drove her crazy. That high pitched girly laugh that set her teeth on edge.

"So you two finally got together huh? Why Ichrio-san, I didn't know you liked mutts."

Midori's eye twitched. Mutt? "At least I'm not a stuck up bitch like you Yuki-chan." Midori said in a falsely sweet voice. She slammed her locker shut. "Let's go Ichiro, I don't know how long I can keep my temper

"I don't, I like eloquent and beautiful girls, which is why I like Midori. If I wanted to be around a mutt, I'd hang around with you."
With that, he took Midori's hand and walked off with her.
"I admit, I'm a peaceful guy, but even I get annoyed by her sometimes. That laugh is horrible."

Midori waved to Yuki, taunting her. She knew it was stupid, but she just couldn't help herself. "Bye bye Yuki-chan"

She nodded in agreement as they walked. "Do you remember the time she was obsessed with Tori nii-chan? I used to dread going home because she'd follow us and she laughed all the time. Of course Tori didn't like her to begin with , plus he'd seen her picking on me a few times before so that didn't give her any points.. But still almost a whole year with her following us home. It was awful"

"Well thankfully your brother has decent taste in women and not idiots like her. Hopefully she'll just leave us alone."
Ichiro went into the classroom of their first lesson. They had maths, and he was determined to get Midori to actually work today...if he could stop himself fantasising about her before that, that is.

"Hopefully," she said, sitting down, "but somehow I doubt it. At least she hasn't done anything to lead to physical harm. Not after she broke my arm all those years ago." she tapped her chin, "If I remember correctly, that was one of the only times you and Tori have gotten along."

Midori smirked and pulled out her notebook and a few drawing pencils. "So, Ichiro" Midori sang, looking at her boyfriend. "How are you going to try to get me to pay attention today hmm?

"Oh I don't know...I have my ways..." he smirked right back.
He leaned back for a moment, deep in thought, then the idea struck him like gold.
He leaned over and whispered so that only she could hear what he was going to say.
"I'm not going to make out with you today. Not unless you pay attention. For every class you pay attention in though, I'll not only kiss you for 10 minutes, but do anything else you want me to, no matter what."
He smiled and gently kissed her cheek, knowing somehow she wouldn't be able to resist.

Oh he was good

"But that means you wouldn't be able to make out with me, are you sure you could handle that?" All the same though Midori sighed and put away her drawing pencils, pulling out a pen and a regular pencil and swapping her notebook for the one she did her class work in. "You win, I'll pay attention."

"I had a feeling I would." he said with a satisfied smile.
He had to get her into a good work ethic. What happened when they went to college? Or got jobs? He couldn't force her to work, so he had to reprimand her and work the bad habit out of her. Of course as her boyfriend, he now held that power, which he never did before. Still, he knew she'd find some way to get back at him for this...

"Yeah, yeah." But she couldn't help but smile, she would still think of a way to get him back though...

She sighed and turned he attention to the teacher as he began the lesson. She could understand it well enough, but she was she was bored and she wanted nothing better to do then draw, but she'd made a deal with Ichiro and she'd be damned if she broke it. Besides kissing him was fun; she wouldn't give that up

Ichiro paid attention to the lesson as he always did, occasionally his eyes flickering to Midori to check she was still paying attention. As much as he was sure she didn't want to, he knew she would. Unfortunately for him, he now found the shoe on the other foot, struggling to keep back thoughts of Midori and himself becoming all kinds of intimate. Half his brain struggling with the images, the other half struggling to take in what the teacher was harping on about.