The Truth is Relative (Idea, Family Drama, Advanced/Detailed)

P

PunkPrince

Original poster
After your character (a girl of around 11-13) suffers the tragic loss of their parents, they are sent to live with their next of kin, my character, (a transgender woman) and her partner. Your character only has fragments of memories of mine from childhood, but legally, my character is named their legal guardian. It's a huge adjustment for your grieving character, who is forced to leave behind life and move in with my character, whom they barely remember. My character certainly isn't prepared to raise a child/teenager either and must learn pretty quickly how to be a good role model for yours . My character and yours get along as well as possible, considering the circumstances, that is until your character goes exploring their new home and discovers a box of letters addressed to them from my character–letters that they never received–letters that contain the truth.

Despite everything your character has been raised to believe, mine is their biological father. Suddenly your character has a ton of unanswered questions. Why did my character give them up? Why has this secret been kept from them for so long? Do they want to give my character a chance to make things right?

My requirements:

• Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
  • Please be advanced. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling, grammar, and detail. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation, or use long run on sentences I'll most likely drop the thread or ignore the request to RP with me. Everyone makes mistakes, and I understand that, but if you can't manage basic grammar then please don't ask to RP with me. If you can't think of what to reply with, PM me and I can add a bit more. I would prefer you to match my length. Also, so I know you read this, tell me your favorite color when you express interest. Otherwise you will be ignored.
  • Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't Rped on a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please PM me first.

My characters: (Marilyn is my main)

40150001.jpg

Sexuality: Pansexual

Physical Description:

Naturally wavy, dark brown hair that has been dyed honey blonde and now shows its dark roots. Her eyes are large and light brown. She is tall, nearly 6'1, and still underweight due to her inability to afford to eat regularly and being rather hesitant to spend the money she now has. There is a large scar behind her left ear as a result of smacking her head on the edge of the stage at a concert when she was a teenager, though it is now nearly completely hidden by her hair. When she doesn't shave for a few days, her facial stubble is dark brown--same as her natural hair.

Personality:

Outspoken, cautious around unfamiliar people. She was a punk teenager and is still very attached to the views she gained in the scene. She is good with children, and generally has a gentle nature.

History:

Marilyn was born in a small town and grew up being called Alexander. She had a twin brother, Devin, and despite their differences, the two of them were always extremely close. Devin wasn't hyper masculine, but he at least took an interest in some things that boys normally enjoyed, like sports and things. Little Alexander was a completely different story, and always expressed extreme discontent with their assigned gender, the only real masculine interest being baseball. The child was persistent with cries of, "I'm not a boy!" but was told to stop being ridiculous by their parents. Marilyn began demanding to be called by a female name (Moxie) at the age of five, but her parents refused, of course. Devin was the only one who ever called her that, though always in secret (He occasionally still calls her that when worried or teasing, but he's the only one allowed to address her that way). Her parents made it very clear that the way she felt was not okay, and Marilyn started to repress her gender issues. She thought that maybe if she tried to ignore them and be just an average guy the feelings would go away. She got rid of all the feminine clothing she had collected, stopped her private sessions of wearing makeup, and borrowed her brother's clothing. The feelings of dysphoria did not go away, instead they only got worse. She tried to kill herself several times, being caught and stopped by Devin the final time when she was nearly eighteen. He was the first person she ever confided in about being a transgender woman before taking the name Marilyn, and he accepted her one hundred percent. After a few pronoun slips and name screw ups Devin managed to embrace Marilyn as well as the idea that he had never had a brother, only a sister whom everyone had thought was a boy. Marilyn's parents did not react nearly as well. They kicked her out of the house and told her to act like a man or not to come back at all. She had no money, and had been surviving mostly by sleeping around for money and doing any sort of odd job she could manage, as she had difficulty finding a regular job. She eventually got out of the situation, and now works as a cook in a local restaurant.

Strengths/Weaknesses:

She is a talented cook, though she has only recently had the means to show her skills. When she was young, she would often bake things and then hide them in her bedroom so that her parents wouldn't find out and punish her. She and her brother would feast on them together from time to time.

Her dysphoria causes her a large amount of anxiety, and as a result, she is unable to bathe or shower unless she keeps the lights turned off. It is not uncommon for her to disassociate and forget several hours worth of her day, something she carried over as an effect of her sex work.

c810001_1304f863f43929384e4fde740efc8ca6.jpg

Sexuality: Lesbian

Physical Description:

Her hair is thick, curly, and dark blonde. Her eyes are a soft green, and almost always seem to be wide with fear. She is smaller than Marilyn, at about 5'9. She is still thin, like her partner, as they both once shared the issue of being unable to afford food. She has slight hips as the result of her taking estrogen. Her breasts are only a B cup, though she is no longer completely flat.

Personality:

Tammie is soft spoken, and almost always found with her nose in a book of some short. She is timid and jumpy around those she doesn't know, though less so than she was upon first being out on the streets. However, she is also incredibly sweet and bubbly, with a flair for the dramatic.

History:

Tammie's parents divorced when she was eight years old. Tammie stayed with her mother, who died shortly after she came out as transgender at eighteen. She hasn't spoken to her father in several years, and their relationship was always very strained. Tammie managed to keep her gender issues under wraps for most of her childhood, too afraid of being caught to act on them. Keeping it bottled up caused her to burst more than once, and she repeatedly attempted suicide by overdosing on pills. To her parents, she didn't necessarily seem like a feminine little boy. She was quiet, gentle, and more interested in books and writing than other little boys her age, but her parents had never thought anything of it. She struggled after her mother's death, not having anyone to help her through it or any friends to turn to. Her grief affected her job performance as a waitress, and she was fired shortly after. She turned to prostitution as a way to support herself, which was where she met her girlfriend, another transgender prostitute named Marilyn. She knocked Marilyn out of the way of a car and bandaged up the injuries she had sustained over the night, and Marilyn, who was older and had been on the street longer, gave her a place to stay. Tammie loves books and writing, and wants to one day be a writer.