The Truest of Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He's....hit me."

Micaiah's breath caught in his throat. Who could dare do such a thing to such a perfect girl. The prince almost missed the other transgressions of the boy so caught in the emotions of finding out someone had struck his heart. The others were just as bad and frankly, Micaiah was surprised she had managed to hold out as long as she had.

Letting go of one hand, Micaiah stroked her soft cheek softly, "Quilicia, I will speak with your father, but I am afraid my words will fall on deaf ears. Your father knows of my feelings for you and would see my words as nothing more than the desperate attempts of a broken heart to gain his heart's desire. I'm afraid he would not believe me."

Stepping away from the princess and unfortunately after letting go of her hands, he took a few steps and became lost in thought. What could they do? Micaiah couldn't allow Alexander to treat her such without facing the consequences. Turning to Vel, he raised a hand as an idea struck him.

"Our dear friend," he addressed her as he stepped beside Quilicia, once again taking her hand and lacing his fingers with hers, "Espionage might be our only hope. Could you explore the shadows of our hosts rooms in hopes of finding something we might be able to use to discredit his right for our princess' hand?"

Seth turned his attention back to Quilicia, "I will not let him hurt you again. Please forgive me for everything that has befallen you. I should have done more. I should have stopped him. Instead," he paused, "This is my fault."

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
"Quilicia, I will speak with your father, but I am afraid my words will fall on deaf ears. Your father knows of my feelings for you and would see my words as nothing more than the desperate attempts of a broken heart to gain his heart's desire. I'm afraid he would not believe me."

"Then my mother..."

Micaiah stepped away in serious thought before she could finish her own. Just by his departure, her body seem to waver and shake. Bianca recognized her princess's weakness and quickly stepped to her side to hold her steady, checking over her fearfully.

When Prince Micaiah turned to Vel, her eyes lit up with a knowing grin, for she could hear his mind and heart speaking to each other in his moment of silence, but dare not impose to reveal her thoughts to him on such a level.

"Our dear friend," he addressed her as he stepped beside Quilicia, once again taking her hand. Bianca stepped back, seeing that his return to Quil seemed to strengthen her stance.

"Espionage might be our only hope. Could you explore the shadows of our hosts rooms in hopes of finding something we might be able to use to discredit his right for our princess' hand?"

"I have been, M'Lord, as soon as the time my sister-friend fell silent to my ears." Vel stepped forward with a bow, "But unfortunately, there has not been any debilitating information that can do enough hard. And, often times, I feel an edge of...something that seems to block my concentration. I don't believe there's magic in this house, but there's something dark and strong enough that tends to cause problems whenever I'm hidden. But, when I do learn of anything, I will mentally let you know," she tapped her temple to express just what she meant by such.

Micaiah turned his attention back to Quilicia, "I will not let him hurt you again. Please forgive me for everything that has befallen you. I should have done more. I should have stopped him. Instead," he paused, "This is my fault."

Frowning from fatigue and Micaiah's words, Quil shook her head frantically, "No... don't blame yourself for all of this! It's not your fault, Micaiah... Honestly, there's no one who should carry this as blame; it will do no good. I just wish..." her hands wrapped around his waist and her head softly fell upon his ornate chest. She took a deep breath and released it slowly; taking all of Micaiah in to set a memory that will never falter. "...we can just be. Forget this - political chess game our families are forcing us to play. I wish they will, for once, consider us for once...what our hearts say."

As hard as she tried to stay awake and on her feet, Quil started to feel more and more tired. Her grip around Micaiah tightened as she tried to hold herself up. "I...I don't feel...so good...Bianne..." She reached out of her Governess but her legs seem to release instead of taking a step.

Quilicia wasn't mad at him. It was something he couldn't understand but most definitely something he welcomed. Her arms wrapped tightly around his in what he bought was just another embrace. His arms wrapped around her in retaliation. It was a warm feeling that he desperately needed.

"I....I don't feel....so good.....Bianne," Quil reached away from him and toward her Governness. Instead, her legs gave out and it took all his strength to not fall with her.

"Quilicia!" He called out as he braced himself and kept her up, "Help me," he said unable to get the leverage necessary to move with her. Bianca and Vel hurried to his aid and helped him move her to her bed. Micaiah helped her into her bed and pulled the sheets up and over her body, "Rest, my love. Gather your strength for in due time, you will need to fight harder than you ever imagined to be free of this monster," Micaiah pressed his lips into her forehead and lingered. It would be the last time he kissed her until gods know when.

Pulling away, Micaiah turned to Bianca and Vel and then looked back down to his heart, "I want to know if Alexander even send a curse her way. She is my world and I'll not let harm befall her anymore."

Micaiah moved to the bedside once more and leaned down placing one more kiss on her cheek, "I love you, Quil," he whispered, "Be strong. Be safe."

Micaiah leaned back and turned to Vel, "Return me to my fiancé," that word caused a foul taste in his mouth. It should only be spoken of Quilicia, not Francis, "Then find out how to separate our princess from her captor."

Micaiah closed his eyes right before Vel grabbed him. With each trip, it was becoming less shocking but it was still far too new. Micaiah reappeared in the shadows not far from Francis. He nodded to Vel, whispered her good luck and then stepped up beside his fiancé. His hand laced in hers and he squeezed gently to announce his arrival. Back to a faux life.
---------
Alexander had done everyting he was supposed to. His father had fixed everything. His mother was beginning to look at him again. After two days of rest, Quilicia should be well enough to join him once again.

Alexander made his way, personally, to Quilicia's room. He mocked on the door and when the servant answered, he stood straight and proud, "I'm here to call for my princess. Is she well enough to join me?"

It wasn't like she had a choice. Now was the time for her to join him. People were beginning to ask questions. Surely they were asking if she was fit to rule a kingdom as prestigious as his if she couldn't muster strength to fights off trauma. She needed to be strong and he would not lose his prize. His pride was far more important than her comfort. She would do what he said when he said or she would suffer.

All throughout the new day, Quilicia held a shine about her that was uncanny, almost a picture perfect view of the original young lady before her engagement to Prince Alexander. Warned repeatedly by Bianca to tone down her enthusiasm, Quil still seem to have a bounce in her step and a sweet song in her heart as she dressed for the day. Her weariness was gone after two days of peaceful reprieve; her nightmares were replaced by the sweetness of the true destiny that was meant for her. Regardless of how joyful Bianca was for her sweet princess, she knew the very serious need for that happiness to stay locked away from all untrustworthy eyes.

"It's time to prove just how amazing of an actress you are, M'Lady." Bianca clasped a necklace around Quilicia's neck, then checked her hair once more.

"I understand, it's just so difficult to know the truth...that my only love hasn't given up... I know now that the heaven and stars are on our side. They haven't given up on us; therefore neither shall I."

Suddenly, a knock shook her door and the dark sound of Prince Alexander's voice radiated into the room.

Bianca rushed her princess to her feet, reminding her with a sweep of her hand over her face that Quil's expression must change now. She dropped her smile, and recalled the day before - that sorrow dressed her entire stature before her voice weakly called, "I'm well, M'Lord, and seeking your company."

The servant stepped aside to give Alexander space to enter. She waited to watch him enter from the small foyer in her room, which gave her one last moment to find her center and inspiration for her woe. As soon as her eyes fell upon Alexander, they brightened but not as if they're the North Star, but enough to show that her inner spirit was still under his thumb.

Last edited:
Alexander walked through the door once it was opened and a small smile spread across his lips when his eyes fell on Quilicia, "I am so glad to see you doing well," Alexander stepped before Quilcia and softly placed his hand over her cheek, "Are you ready to go? The other Micaiah and Francis will be meeting us for a ride. Tomorrow, you and the other girls will be having a girls only event, while the princes will be enjoying a good sport of hunting."

Alexander stepped away from the princess and looked around the room as suspiciously as ever. Though his father had reigned him in, he was still as untrusting as ever. Until he owned all of Quilicia, he always would be. His eyes scanned the surviving maidservant and the Governness, both of which did their best to avert eye contact. It made Alex swell with pride.

Stepping beside his prize once again, he offered her his arm and gestured toward the door, "Let's not keep our guests waiting."

Little did the prince know of the previous rendezvous between Quilicia and Micaiah. As far as he was concerned, this was an opportunity to gloat his prize once again. He knew that the sight of Quilicia draped on his arm hurt his opponent. Whatever he could do to hurt him was worth it.
-----
"Francis," Micaiah said as he turned to her, "Have you been enjoying your visit here? Alexander has quite the land to rule one day."

It was small talk, but Francis seemed to carry herself differently whenever they were in the same kingdom as Quilicia. He knew, privately, that she had the right to fear because, due to the last meeting, his heart was further solidified in Quilicia. Perhaps Francis sensed this. Not that he did not love Francis, he just could not love her the same as he did Quilicia.

"I hear that Quilicia will be joining Alexander on our ride," he said as he reached and took Francis' hand, "It will be nice to see your friend after being ill for two days."

"I am so glad to see you doing well," Alexander stepped before Quilcia and softly placed his hand over her cheek.

"I am, thank you. It was nice to take a breather for a while and meditate on things." Quilicia smiled and leaned her head slightly into his hand; a loving gesture to keep him enthralled within her allurement.

"Are you ready to go? The other couples, Micaiah and Francis, will be meeting us for a ride. Tomorrow, you and the other girls will be having a girls only event, while the princes will be enjoying a good sport of hunting."

"Oh...," the little princess stammered, "I was unaware of this occasion. Good thing Bianca dressed me proper for the occasion."

"Always looking out for you, M'Lady," her Governess bowed as Prince Alexander's eyes wandered over Quilicia's room. She kept her eyes low, like the others, but lifted them when it was safe to watch the young Lord in his secretive investigation.

"Let's not keep our guests waiting."

"Yes, M'Lord."

Quilicia locked her arm around his elbow and the two of them left her room. The day felt so refreshing upon her skin, but deep down she felt nausea and uncomfortable. All she had pledged to Micaiah last night came directly from her heart, but now not only did she have to face him while portraying her love for the wrong prince, but Francis... They've been such great friends for so long, how is she to look at her face to face, knowing that deep down, she despises her? Francis knows how she feels about Micaiah, but during the various occasions when all the young royals were together, her older friend continuously expressed her delight and joy in being Micaiah's bride to be. As if all this time, she's had real feelings for him since the day they all met... Quilicia feared that to gain what her heart desires and deserves, she'll have to go through her life-long friend to do so.

"Francis," Micaiah said as he turned to her, "Have you been enjoying your visit here? Alexander has quite the land to rule one day."

"It is quite nice here, and I have enjoyed myself - at times..." She kept a vivid smile on her face to express what she should feel, but Francis knew that Micaiah has a very strong sense of others and could read her far better than she could him. She was bothered by several things - the concerns of her young friend's dreadful predicament, if it is true or not; the political strains of her tiny mid-kingdom to make a positive impression during this and other events - which is typical for their positions in their parents' game. But the one that seem to sear her insides whenever certain parties were present, was the every growing fear she held about Micaiah's fleeting heart.

She understood where he stood in regards to her, and she was accepting of it, but more and more she didn't want to be. She didn't want to just take what was given to her, when she deserves everything. Just because she's a meager Duchess, doesn't mean she should me treated as such... Why is it that all the men were fighting over one princess, when she was right there - only two steps from the very same crown? She wasn't worthless, but...at times, when Prince Micaiah's eyes seem to glaze over as Quilicia passes or glances slightly his way, Francis felt just that.

"I hear that Quilicia will be joining Alexander on our ride," he said as he reached and took Francis' hand. Her eyes dropped to their hands, almost as if it was a foreign sensation to her that suddenly broke through her hidden thoughts. She lifted up with a smile, but it sat on her face like a fresh coat of paint hiding the frown underneath. They continued to through the outside corridors, heading towards the west entrance where a lovely carriage awaited them.

"It will be nice to see your friend after being ill for two days."

Francis sighed, for that was the other reason why she just could not be upset at sweet Quil. The maids and court ladies have been chatting incognito about it ever since they've arrived. Many believed they've seen dark shadows around Princess Quilicia's wrist, or under her eyes. One expressed seeing small spots of blood upon the bell of her dress two days ago, before she suddenly fell ill. After her discussion with Micaiah about the state of her proposed marriage, Francis honestly believes her friend is in danger... And she can't come up with a way to help without hurting...

"I just hope she is truly feeling better, rather than pretending. Quil was so fond of pretend, and quite the talented actress to turn such playtime into something less than play." She looked away in thought slightly, wishing to not be in the position she's at, watching her friend suffer - and wishing to do the same. Lifting her eyes to Micaiah, she smiled with a sigh, "Forgive me for such worry. I'm sure she'll be just fine, and we'll have a splendid time touring this land."

She stopped Micaiah in his tracks at the end of the corridor, and stepped before him. Then, without a reason for her actions, except just to be fully in his thoughts, Francis raised up and brushed her lips against his warm cheek, blushing as she pulled away slightly - wishing to taste his lips instead.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Everything was going well. The guilt of having to hid his true feelings for Francis' sake was subsiding. The love he had for Quilicia made it all easier it seemed. Until she stopped him in the corridor and kissed his cheek. Micaiah stopped, his breath caught and his hand rose to the warmth on his cheek. It was a nice feeling despite the fact that it was wrong. He loved Quilicia. He loved Feancis. However, his heart would forever be with Quilicia.

"Wh-what was that for?" He spoke just before he collected himself, "Not that it wasn't nice, it was just spontaneous," Micaiah took her hand and brought it to his lips. It wasn't a romantic gesture, but most definitely a polite one. He knew she wanted more than that, but he could not. He mustn't, not when hope promised a chance for Quilicia to be his.

Before things could get awkward, Micaiah laced his fingers with hers and led her out the door. The carriage awaited them to take them to the stables to meet Alexander and Quilicia. The ride there was quiet as Micaiah once again was weighed heavy with guilt over how he was treating Francis. She deserved all off him. She wasn't worth less just because she wasn't Quilicia. She deserved real love like any other proper woman.

His eyes always his from Francis' as they rode in the carriage as shame challenged every fiber of his being. He had been raised better than this. However, was it really honorable to live a lie? He loved Francis but it paled in comparison to how he felt about Quilicia.
------
Alexander and Quilicia were already at the stable and mounted when Micaiah and Francs arrived, "It's nice of you to join Princess Quilicia and I for a ride this fine day," Alexander greeted them, "I hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty to pack a small picnic for lunch by the lake and then we can return. I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for the brides of two of the most powerful kingdoms in the world to reunite after all this time. Do you agree, Prince Micaiah?"

Micaiah's eyes flicked from Quilicia to Francis and he smiled warmly, "Of course, Prince Alexander. You lead the way and my fiancé and I would be more than willing to join you and Quilicia for a picnic. What do you think, my love?" Micaiah's eyes turned to Francis.

"Wh-what was that for?" Prince Micaiah spoke just before he collected himself, "Not that it wasn't nice, it was just spontaneous," Micaiah took her hand and brought it to his lips.

"I am your wife to be," Francis blushed as she watched him. "I should be allowed one innocently spontaneous kiss on the cheek, am I?" His reaction was typical, a frightful one that continued to peek her curiosity as to why he seemed so nervous around her at times...especially when Princess Quilicia's within the atmosphere. Francis sighed and turned towards the open courtyard to watch the carriage drive up. "Oh look, they're here." Her tone wasn't as pleasant as it was before, which could cause anyone of earshot to imagine this lovely Duchess inflicting damage with her jealous heart.

Before things could get awkward, Micaiah laced his fingers with hers and led her out the door. The carriage awaited them to take them to the stables to meet Alexander and Quilicia. They road in silence with their hands still laced - it felt strange, so much like an act than the real thing. Like two long time friends holding hands just because, not because they were in love. Well, not as in love as she'd hoped. Francis understood, and as her duty states, she will comply. But, it's moments such as these, situations that forced them to face the other party involved in this affairs of heart and kingdom, that has her second guessing her allegiance to her people, for deep down she was determined to pledge allegiance to her heart's wantings...

------

"It's nice of you to join Princess Quilicia and I for a ride this fine day," Alexander greeted them, "I hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty to pack a small picnic for lunch by the lake and then we can return. I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for the brides of two of the most powerful kingdoms in the world to reunite after all this time. Do you agree, Prince Micaiah?"

Quilicia held onto Alexander's arm tightly, almost as if she wished to stay as close to him as possible to protect herself from Prince Micaiah's presence, but in her heart she wished to break it in two. With her eyes slightly down, only looking at Prince Micaiah's hands as they held onto Duchess Francesca's - she wasn't sure if she could look upon them anymore than that. She feared giving Micaiah away - a lilt smile, a batting of her eyes, a sparkle - anything can alert to Prince Alexander of what had transpired between them recently. But what's worse is how she did not trust her inner self - seeing Francis glued to Micaiah tore her apart. She knew it was a show to Micaiah, but as Quil lifted her eyes politely to acknowledge her dear friend, the look of absolute happiness and adore that she gave Micaiah every time she looked at him - that was real... She was falling for him!

"Of course, Prince Alexander. You lead the way and my fiance and I would be more than willing to join you and Quilicia for a picnic. What do you think, my love?" Micaiah's eyes turned to Francis.

Smiling honestly, Francis nodded, "It will be lovely. I so miss seeing Quilicia so much; this time to chat and catch up is a wonderful idea, Prince Alexander." The formality began to taste foul on her tongue, for she truly wished to speak to Quil like it was old times... There were things she wished to learn, for her sake as well as Quilicia's.

As the assistants prepared the picnic location under a large hollyway tree, the two couples walked together around the meadow as Prince Alexander highlighted the historical significance of the land. There was a breathtaking lake nearby where ducks and swans swam, flowers and trees that seem to be landscaped perfectly around the area, tracing a cobblestone walkway around the lake and into the cooling woods where there were more areas of interest to admire. Beautiful exotic animals followed them as if they were no danger, allowing them to pet them as if they were pets. Quil's never seen anything like it before. She was just as impressed as Francis was, and through this experience, the two seemed to lighten up and laugh and chat as if nothing had changed between them.

It felt so nice, but Quilicia's eyes always looked for Alexander's, making sure she was not breaking some untold rule he's holding over her, unknown to her. It made her task difficult - to keep a front before Alex that kept him content and oblivious, without losing complete control of herself in the process and spilling her true feelings or speaking of something he's forbid. Francis noticed how timid her friend was, and considered how difficult it was for her to play this pretend game. She wanted to speak to her more about her concerns, but even when the women were out of the men's earshot, Prince Alexander's assistants were very close behind, following Quilicia to make sure her needs were well kept.

When the picnic area was ready, they returned for a moment to sit and enjoy their meal. Quilicia, forgetting all about how upset and frighten she was, settled down with Francis to await the Princes, smiling and laughing away while the assistants poured wine in their glasses for the women to wet their palettes after such a brisk walk.

Last edited:
The ride was pleasant for Micaiah as both women began to let down their walls. The longer they rode and enjoyed each other's company the more they became like their old selves despite the war of hearts that was fought on a daily basis. He had seen how distant Francis became and the mere mention of Quilicia's name and he understood why but he had never intended their friendship to suffer because of it. He had hoped he would be able to suppress his feelings for his true love but the threat of her very self had proved to him that such an attempt was futile. He had tried to do right by Francis, but his heart had resisted.

Despite wanting to be aggressive toward Alexander, the ride was nice for even the princes. They took the time share a bit of what they had planned for the future and things they hoped to accomplish in the relatively close future. Alexander had proved himself to be rather controlling of himself despite the obvious problem the two boys had with one another. That fact drove Micaiah to prove that he was all the more controlling of himself.

The picnic was set up and the girls were quickly swept away from the boys by good times allowing the two young men some time to be spent alone. It was risky considering how much hey truly disliked one another but Micaiah always ensured that they remained within eye sight of many witnesses. Unfortunately, those witnesses all worked for Alexander.

"Have you truly enjoyed your visit, Micaiah?" Alexander questioned.

Micaiah looked over to the other boy and smiled, "I have. You've quite a beautiful land."

"Yes, I do," Alexander said nonchalantly, "My home is just as beautiful. Have you taken the time to look around it as well?"

Micaiah nodded, "Francis and I have wondered some of your halls. Your father is quite the collector."

Alexander stopped, forcing Micaiah to do so as well and to turn toward his host, "You've not wondered me alone have you?" Micaiah's heart stopped. Alexander spoke with as though he suspected something. Had the evil Prince heard something? "It's just easy to get lost if you wonder them alone."

Micaiah smiled more out of relief but tried to pass it off as humor, "It is not that easy to part ways with Francis. I find that, if I am not in the privy, Francis likes me close," Micaiah noticed that they had turned back toward the picnic and could hear the giggling of the girls. It made him happy to hear harm laughing as friends once more, but it was the laughter of Quilicia that caused his heart to skip a beat. They were far enough away, that when Micaiah looked their way and smiled, Francis was able to interpret it as for her, though it was genuinely for Quilicia.

Just before they got close enough for the girls to hear them speak, Alexander finally made his move and verbally attacked his guest, "Perhaps if Lady Francis did not have to fear that you were busy chasing the skirt of anothe man's fiancé, she would be more willing to allow you out of her sight."

Alexander kept walking, but Mocaish stopped.his hands balled into fists and it took all his self control to not either turn white with fear, or red with anger. How had Alexander discovered what had transpired? Did he or was he just suspecting something? Either way, things were becoming harder than he anticipated.

Micaiah took his place beside Francis and the picnic began. Alexander started and from his comment just before they sat, Micaiah suspected that this picnic had motives other than to just spend time together as couples, "Francis, how exciting it must be to know you'll be wed to Micaiah it's just two years. It'll come faster than you know."

When the Princes returned to the picnic area, Quilicia's behavior turned slightly. She sat up straighter, returned her wine glass to the tray before her and smiled happily towards Alexander as if she was excited that he was back. Francis noted it all, seeing how swiftly her friend was able to remask herself when needed. She knew it didn't take Quilicia long to learn her lessons, but she was equally quick at learning ways around them too.

Quil kept her eyes away from Micaiah, only smiling at Francis as a way to maintain some sort of eye contact and warmth regardless. Deep down, she wanted to explain, apologize, and express herself more to her friend about everything, but all she could do was chatter about the little things, stuff that typical royals chat about that held absolutely no meaning or concern for either; yet, she hoped that she was able to hide clues, choice words, to say what was forbidden. One could only hope that her friend caught on and understood. It's been far too long since they've played those sort of word games...

"Francis, how exciting it must be to know you'll be wed to Micaiah it's just two years. It'll come faster than you know," Alexander chimed, trying to make conversation with such a heavy topic. Quilicia's eyes raised in alarm. It's only in two years? With all that's been going on, I've completely lost track of the seasons! She quickly reverted her train of thought and placed a playful look of surprise and excitement for her friends, clapping her hands sweetly like a little girl in the thrill of the moment. Deeply set was her sadness, for two years was not near enough time to break away from a man who's held her prison chains.

Francis took a deep breath with a bashful smile, "Yes...two years," she looked over at Micaiah and leaned into his shoulder, settling her hand over his lovingly. "It's been a long time waiting, but we're ready to take that next step, aren't we, my love?" She smiled at Micaiah, brightly holding onto his features with all her hopes. She hoped that he was ready...two more years for him to break the lock Quilicia had on his heart... That's enough time, right? Her heart pleaded. Please, say it's enough time... She looked over towards the other couple, wishing to take the attention away from her and Micaiah. "But, no soon afterwards will be your special day as well. I know Quilicia is excited. We've been dreaming about our wedding days ever since we were little girls."

Quil's heart was sinking. She recalled all the fun times they've played at each others castles, playing dress up with the daughters of their servants, pretending to dress for their wedding to their dream prince. Her wedding will not be exactly what she's dreamed, not even close. That realization stung worse than a billion wasps, but she bit her tongue to keep from screaming from the pain. "Yes, it will be a dream come true," she sighed, looking up at Alexander and taking in his handsome; yet, dark features. She started to wonder if there was a deeper meaning behind this get-together between the two couples. Was this some sort of torture he was putting her through, or a test? Whatever it was, she wasn't going to fail in it. Keeping her thoughts and eyes on Alexander was the key, and keeping her heart on the prize sitting across from her was her mission.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Micaiah's eyes shifted though his head never gave it away when Alexander mentioned the coming marraige. This was most definitely an awkward topic considering the company they shared. The reminder of the date pricked his heart as he tried to keep his eyes from Quilicia. Francis, on the other hand, seemed to glow ever so slightly.

Micaiah smiled and placed his free hand over Francis'. His thumb caressed her soft hand, "Of course. I'm eager to begin my future with you by my side, love," hopefully he was acting well enough to not give away his fears and heartache.

Alexander smiled as Quilicia responded to Francis' question. His arm slid behind her back and he pulled her tigger against him, "Ever since I saw her that day at Micaiah's, I knew she would be the only one for me. I knew in that moment, we would be the happiest of couples. I've never been happier than I am now. I'm sure the same thing can be said of Quilicia," he nudged her.

Sure, when you aren't hitting her or holding the safety of others over her head. Maybe then she's happy.

Micaiah shifted slightly and was about to speak when Alexander spoke again, "Do you two have a plan for a family? How about you, Francis? Have you chosen names for potential children? You must have so much planned for your new home and family," Alexander's eyes locked with Micaiah. It was a game. It served two purposes to show how hopeless Quilicia's situation was and to show Micaiah that he couldn't do anything about it, "Quilicia and I have spoken about a family," a lie but Quilicia wouldn't argue. She knew her place, "Names have been discussed. She can't wait, we can't wait." Micaiah winced slightly, and Alexander caught it. Bringing a smile to his face.

Micaiah cleared his throat and spoke, "I'm sure the two of you will be very happy," his brow narrowed and then he spoke again, "You didn't ask us out on this picnic to speak of your past victories, did you?"

Alexander didn't expect that reply. He expected a different, more agonized reaction. Micaiah swooped up Francis' hand and protectively. Quilicia was a good actress, now it truly was his chance to try and be as good. His eyes flashed to Quilicia's in hope that she catch his hint of the facade he would be wearing. He had to be brief, but firm with Alexander in order to let the man know he was not going to win.

"Prince Alexander, you were named crown prince during this event. It is a joyous occasion that you should be celebrating and instead, you've brought my fiancé, with whom I am very happy with and can't wait to marry, out here to attack her honor by discarding her as if she were second to Priness Quilicia," Micaiah stood to his feet quickly, "I'll not have you do such a thing even in your own land. There was a time my heart did belong to Quilicia," he helped Francis to her feet and straightened up, "But my heart belongs to Francis and will forever more. It is time you grow up, crown prince," he spit the title out as if it tasted horrible, "Tend to the health and safety of your fiancé, not your past grievances. So fixed were you on our past conflict that you neglected your fiancé and she's spent the last few days ill."

Alexander rose quickly without carrying about how the closeness to Quilicia might have harmed her. Micaiah had just challenged him, "How dare-"

"No, how dare you!" Micaiah pointed a finger at Alexander and then turned to Quilicia, "I apologize for your prince's behavior," his eyes turned to Francis, "Come, Francis, let's go. I'll not stand here while this...Prince, makes a mockery of you."

As Micaiah turned away from everyone, his eyes slid shut in silent prayer that Quilicia saw his glance, that she saw that he did not mean what he said. She was his heart, but he needed to end the conflict between Alexander and himself.

As a perfect puppet, Quilicia smiled at the right time, giggled bashfully when the moment was right, or stared deeply into Alexander's eyes when he turned to her; there was no way she showed any signs of sadness or anger through her pristine mannerism. But, those emotions were there, along with the sickening feeling at the pit of her stomach when her fiance mentioned discussions about children; conversations that never took place.
"Quilicia and I have spoken about a family; names have been discussed." Her eyes fell. "She can't wait, we can't wait."

Micaiah cleared his throat and spoke, "I'm sure the two of you will be very happy. You didn't ask us out on this picnic to speak of your past victories, did you?"

Quil's eyes shot up again, this time directly at Micaiah. His statement confused her, and when she cut them towards Alexander, she realized that the older Prince understood just fine. His delightful smile turned ten shades dark. Between them she saw a challenge electrify the air; the hair on her arm rose in fright. Quickly looking over to Francis, she saw her sharing the same deep concerns as Prince Micaiah suddenly spoke with a stricter tone.

"Prince Alexander, you were named Crown Prince during this event. It is a joyous occasion that you should be celebrating and instead, you've brought my fiance, with whom I am very happy with and can't wait to marry, out here to attack her honor by discarding her as if she were second to Princess Quilicia."

Not knowing what to say or do to prevent a possible heated dispute on such a nice day, Quil could only sit there and watch as Prince Micaiah stood to his feet, helping his fiance do the same.

"There was a time my heart did belong to Quilicia..." Quilicia's heart tightened as Francis's heart swelled. "...But my heart belongs to Francis and will forever more. It is time you grow up, Crown Prince!" He spit the title out as if it tasted horrible. "Tend to the health and safety of your fiancé, not your past grievances. So fixed are you on our past conflict that you neglected your fiancé and she's spent the last few days ill."

Her eyes grew wide as she listened, trying to determine just what had changed from the night before. Was she just imagining this situation, or the words Prince Micaiah barked in anger towards Prince Alexander? She knows he didn't lie to her before... Vel would not have bonded with him if his held lies under his skin. And not only that, as she looked up once again at Micaiah as the two Princes continued, she still could see the brightness of truth surround him.

As the Crown Prince stood to attempt to take control of the situation, Quilicia sat silently in her place. She looked at Francis who gave an apologetic grin, for she was taught to be a good sport and not gloat over her victory before the one she's defeated. She knew Micaiah's words were heartbreaking to her friend, but there was no way on earth she will disregard them. His words were true...she could hear it, he truly has worked out his feelings and found her to be worth loving as his wife to be.

"I apologize for your prince's behavior," Micaiah bowed slightly to her before turning to Francis, "Come, Francis, let's go. I'll not stand here while this...Prince, makes a mockery of you."
She wanted to apologize, she wanted to make everyone feel better and let them know that Prince Alexander lied about everything, but Quil feared moving at this point, especially when the darkening aura around Alexander did not die down as the other couple left the picnic. She turned and watched as the assistance had already called for an extra carriage to take Micaiah and Francis away, leaving them alone with a few assistance to help pack away the uneaten meal.

With a deep, shaky sigh, Quilicia stood to her feet and straightened out her dress. Silently, she stepped to the side to allow the assistance to collect the blanket that was placed on the ground. She moved behind Alexander, clearing her voice and curiously tilting her head.

"Alexander...he's nothing to be concern about. Prince Micaiah speaks of only what he assumes. And besides, as he said, Duchess Francis is his heart now, just like you are mine." Stretching her hand out, she reached for his, allowing her fingers to softly touch the tips of his, and soon lace delicately together until her hand was cupped in his. Stepping cautiously closer, she placed her free hand against his back, hoping that her touch was a comfort - enough to keep his temper in check. "Childish...puppy love...is not the sort of love I care to grow my future." She looked up, hoping her voice did not shake as much as the rest of her body did. "I rather hold onto something...real.."

As the words fell from her lips, Quilicia felt flushed. They were words that she would never have spoken if her situation was the way it should be. They sounded correct, but felt disgusting. She smiled, faintly but bright enough to hold Alexander's attention positively - she hoped. "I wish to return home, my Love. May we go home?" She didn't wish to be alone with him at that moment and wanted to speak with Vel and Bianca about what happened.

That arrogant little....Alexander was furious. Every fiber ofis being demanded retribution in the most violent of manners but the crown prince held his temper. How dare one of his guests speak to him in this manner! Never had he felt so embarrassed in his life. He had hoped is picnic to be another occasion where he might gloat about his victory over the younger, weaker Prince Micaiah and instead, the prince had turned it around and embarrassed him in front of his bride to be. The arrogance.

He didn't hear Quilicia's words, he could not see her move, but the light touch of her hand against his and the slow, careful move of it into his snatched him from his ever growing fury. He hadn't noticed that his chest rose furiously in unison with his boiling blood. His head swiveled as he looked for witness before had turned quickly behind him. He wanted so badly to snatch her by the throat and silence her. Micaiah was everything but nothing. The prince had ruined his world once and he would do the same. Micaiah was his greatest adversary.

Just as his free hand twitched at his side, he caught sight of an attendant moving from the bushes toward the remnants of the picnic. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes to calm himself before he replied, "Do not think for a second," he spoke harshly but his tone was low enough to not be heard, "That this was ever about love, Princess. Go home. Get out of my sight."

He couldn't even stand to look at her. Such a beautiful young woman stood before him but he wanted nothing more than to put her away from him forever. His prize had seemed to fail him now that Micaiah had another, "I will call for you later. Do not keep me waiting."
-----
Micaiah's heart pounded furiously inside his chest as he ushered Francis into the carriage. When the door shut, he could hardly bottle it in. Looking at Francis once again he leaned onto his knees and took her hand in his. His head shook angrily, "I could no longer allow him to act so foolishly. We are growing older. Our childish rivalries must end if we are to live in peace," he brought her hand to his ips and pressed a gentle kiss against them before looking into her eyes, "I love you, Francis," he spoke.

Secretly, he called to Vel. Vel, keep an eye on Alexander if possible. I fear that he may feel a bit...slighted from his latest victory. Oh, and if possible, tell Quilicia I'm sorry and that she knows the truth of my heart.

• Love
Completely baffled by Alexander's attitude towards her, Quil just turned on her heels and left him where he stood. The carriage that was send for them both returned with only one; she road silently, concentrating on her thoughts.

I'm not sure what to think now, she expressed in her mind for Vel to hear.

It might not be anything to worry about, but as I've taught you - never let your guard down. The umbreon's words were understood by the Princess. After staying with Alexander in his home for so long, she's come to realize how unpredictable he and his family can be. Quil was quite ready to return home, but there's no way of knowing how long this stay for her will be.

I have a task from Prince Micaiah, M'Lady, Vel announced. I will be away from the room and about on the grounds. If you need me for any reason, reach for me and I'll be there. No hesitations!

Quil nodded as if her sister-friend could see her, I will, Vel. But, what did Micaiah want from you? Did he mention me?

The umbreon's giggle seem to tickle Quilicia's mind. Of course! Every action he makes is for you, Quil. You know that by now, right? There was silence before Vel's bubbly emotion touched Quil. He's becoming an excellent actor, if he's capable of throwing you off, isn't he? His heart is still yours, Quil.

The Princess giggled under her breath before releasing a sigh of relief. His words of adoration for Francis were false - her gift showed her correctly. She will never have a doubt about her heart's first love from now on. Once she'd returned to the castle, Quil made a mad rush to her room; her happiness wrapped around her and fluttered like the hem of her dress. Her assistants were shocked to see her so light and carefree as she entered her room. They informed her that Bianca was attending to her dinner and discussing with the Tailor about a few new dresses for her to model soon. None of that mattered to her, for regardless of how happy Micaiah has made her feel in the last few days, she still had an order to blindly follow - as always.

"I need a light snack, and prepare a bath for me. Prince Alexander wishes to see me before he retires tonight. I shall be ready to see him when he calls." With a swift bow, the two attendants began to care for Quil's needs.

Francis was shocked at Micaiah's confrontation, and even scared at how hard his breath heightened at the course of his anger once they were settled in the closed carriage. She wanted to say something, but she was unsure if her words would do any good to calm her Love's now heated blood. Even when he held her hand, squeezing it tightly, she didn't squeal from it. His frustrations towards Alexander were just, but frightening to her since this was the first time ever she's seen him so riled up.

"I could no longer allow him to act so foolishly. We are growing older. Our childish rivalries must end if we are to live in peace."

Francis shook her head, lifting her free hand towards Micaiah's cheek to raise his eyes towards hers. "Maturity for him hasn't washed away his competitive blood. Age and time doesn't cure jealousy," she smiled. "Prince Alexander's spirit demands for him to be perfect, and he fears his world coming to an end when true perfection stares him in the face." Her thumb feathered over Micaiah's cheek. "He feels bested by you, and for good reason too."

He brought her hand to his lips and pressed a gentle kiss against them before looking into her eyes, "I love you, Francis," he spoke.

And she believed it...and felt it... It caused her hand to sting before it was soothed with his lips; such anger for the other Prince's actions against her only proved his heart's loyalty to her. Francis' smile was never-ending, "And I love you too, my Micaiah. Always..."

Their ride back to the castle did not contain concern for Quilicia. At least, from her side of the seat. Francis pridefully beamed her victory, showing her hidden competitiveness as she waited for the footmen to open the door to assist her out. Her heart was swollen with delight, and even though she tried her best to contain it, her steps were far more confident as she walked with Prince Micaiah inside.

Alexander left the picnic infuriated. The ride back was deathly silent even for a solo one as not even the driver dared to question what had befouled the prince's mood. He made quick work of the halls after he arrived at the castle and bolted his door shut behind him once he entered it. He would not be disturbed while he vented.

"How dare he!" He vented as he slammed the side of his closed fist against the cold stone. It hurt, but not more than his pride, "Does he not know who I am? Does he not know what I am capable of? I won! Not him! She's mine!"

Alexander gripped the sides of his desk and in his anger, he flipped it, "This is Quilicia's doing," he theorized, " It has to be. She must not believe me when I told her I'd destroy all she held dear if she did not obey. She had to of seen Micaiah. It's the only thing that makes sense," Alexander's jaw clenched as he glanced toward the door. Those were private thoughts. Hopefully no one heard them for that would potentially be disastrous.

Alexander owe them the remainder of the day imagining plans to hurt Micaiah. He had embarrassed the crown prince during a monumental time in his life. He could not let that go unpunished. In what way could he embarrass or harm Micaiah. A smile spread across his lips. He would attack Micaiah where he had always been the sorest. His heart. He would take it out on Francis somehow.
-----
Micaiah saw the difference in Francis as they exited the carraige and guilt immediately took hold in his heart. He had done what he did to protect Wuilicia and her honor and though Francis had taken his words as he had purposefully mislead them, the results bothered him. He forced that deep into his stomach as he walked with her into the castle.

Stopping her, he took her hands and spoke in a hushed tone, "Alexander did not take too kindly to the words I spoke. I fear that, in retaliation, he might lash out at those I care the most for," he squeezed her hand gently, "Do not let him bully you, my love, and fetch me immediately should he dare to bother you. I'll not have him dishonor you," he sealed his words with a gentleman's kiss as he brought her soft hands to his lips, "Now, I must share what transpired with my father should anything become of it. Be careful. I do not trust Prince Alexander."

• Love
After spending most of the day alone in her room, then out and about the castle with her entourage of assistance and Bianca, Quil was far too tired to consider doing anything else for the day. The boredom wore her out, for she was not allowed outside the castle walls and rarely she's allowed to stroll the gardens or visit the kitchens stables without consent from Prince Alexander. Therefore, the hours in the library and music room, although enjoyable to some extent, wasn't enough to keep her mind occupied. Quilicia felt like a chained stallion in a burning barn - she wanted to roam free, find the lovely little places her two new assistants spoke about, like Meadow's Leap where the Gypsies sell their artwares, or Epic's Pier where legend states a fisherman caught a large flying fish - only to be lifted from his feet and carried over the sea to a remote island lost among the waves. To read about such things from books was one thing. To see them for herself - that's the sort of adventures her young heart suddenly craved. Sitting around a stuffy castle, waiting for orders, wasn't normal for her.

She wondered where Vel had gone and wished to connect with her, but to speak to her bonded sister among mix company would reveal too much. Quil knew it was best to wait until she was alone. Having Bianca with her was helpful, but they were limited to what they could speak of. Quilicia trusted her two assistants, but feared their knowledge might become their downfall if they were forced to speak of things they see and hear. The thought of losing another innocent live chilled Quil's bones. So, instead of speaking to her Governess about the luncheon event and the Umbreon's whereabouts, she spoke of things like fashion and the possibility of calling for a tailor to assist her in creating a new dress... for her new role... Quil almost laughed out loud at the thought... With her new found knowledge about her true love's heartfire, the whole idea of continuing to play this game of pretend with Alex and his family seemed preposterous - but necessary. Therefore, Quil made every effort to hold back and performed like a true actress.

After her day was barely over, Bianca left to tend to her dinner for the night, checking to see if she was to attend the family dinner or await for a private one with Prince Alexander. Quilicia changed into her evening attire and waited in her room. Her attendants chatted away about the drama in the washroom between one of the maids and a delivery man who drops off their order of suds and dyes every Thursday. Without a thought, she asked about her friend, Vel. "I was wondering if you're two seen her around the washrooms today."

Both girls looked confused, glancing at each other before shrugging their shoulders with an apologetic frown. "We're sorry, M'Lady, but we don't know of a Vel. Is she one of your attendants? I thought Governess Bianca was the only assistant that came with you for visits."

Red in the face, Quil suddenly realized what she had said. Vel's never revealed herself around the castle - she's unknown to everyone here except for herself and Bianca. "Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry... I was thinking of some place else... No, she wouldn't be here; she's a long distance away." Hoping this accidental reveal won't cost her, Quil changed the subject quickly and soon the two assistants were gossiping about another silly scenario.

As the two walked together inside the castle, Francis was suddenly stopped by her Love's hand. Prince Micaiah pulled her close so his softened voice did not collect in the marble walls.

"Alexander did not take too kindly to the words I spoke. I fear that, in retaliation, he might lash out at those I care the most for," he squeezed her hand gently.

Her eyes widened at this threat. Would the Crown Prince go so far to harm Micaiah? Did this old jealousy he held over him that potent?

"Do not let him bully you, my love, and fetch me immediately should he dare to bother you. I'll not have him dishonor you," he sealed his words with a gentleman's kiss as he brought her soft hands to his lips.

"I'll keep my personal guards at my side at all times when you're not there," she whispered, now feeling eyes upon them as they stood in the hall. Suddenly, their stay within the castle lost it's warmth.

"Now, I must share what transpired with my father should anything become of it. Be careful. I do not trust Prince Alexander."

Nodding, Francis watched as her Prince stepped away. She turned towards one of their Honor Guards, who always seem to show their presence just at the right moments. There were only a few who entourages with them there, and they've scattered themselves about the grounds like magical creatures that popped up whenever the thought of them crossed their minds. Still to this day, Francis wonders how they do it, but will forever be grateful for it.

One of the guards dressed in the colors of Foneroy stepped before her and bowed his head. "At your call, M'Lady."

Francis nodded in return and relayed the situation for him. "Until my Fiancee returns, hold my side. Prince Micaiah's fears are sound and I dare not wish to test them." The guard nodded and followed behind her silently as she headed towards the guest wing of the castle.

Last edited:
Alexander fumed for most of the day. His imagination ran wild with ways to repay the embarrassment that Micaiah had put him through. The crown prince boiled with anger as his feet paced him quickly about his room. Day turned to evening and he almost passed over dinner in his anger. There was a soft, cautious knock on his door that broke him from his imaginings, "Enter," he spoke shortly.

In walked a servant who bowed respectfully, "Forgive me, young prince, but we were wondering if you would be attending dinner. Your parents have already arrived and word was that Quilicia would be joining them shortly."

Alexander turned toward the window as the yellows, oranges, and reds painted a beautiful scene across the sky. His eyes squinted in thought, "Inform my parents that I will be late to dinner. I have some things I need to see to."

The servant bowed and once the door shut, Alexander moved to his desk where he quickly sat down. The fading sun cast shadows in the corners of his room as he dipped his quill in the ink and pinned a parchment to the surface of his desk. His hand danced across the tanned paper as he quickly wrote down his plans. He knew exactly what he would do to ruin Micaiah for everything he had done. He would take everything from him.

Step one: pierce his heart
------------
"You did what?" Micaiah's dad asked out of shock.

"I had to, father, I couldn't let him treat Francis as if she were second to Quilicia," Micaiah defended himself.

"He's the crown prince, Micaiah, and we are guests in his home. I thought I had taught you to be more diplomatic than that," his father replied.

"You did teach me, but you taught me honor above all and I was defending Francis'. Just in case you forgot, she's to be my wife - the future queen," Micaiah stood tall proud of what he did though his heart ached that he could not be true to Quilicia and fight for her. Instead, he was defending the honor of a woman he did love, but no where as much as he loved Quilicia.

His father sighed and then nodded. His eyes turned to their servant, "Pack our things. I have a feeling we will not be staying for much longer. Do it subtly, however, we do not want to draw unwanted attention."

Micaiah sighed but not of relief. It seemed that his time with Quilicia would be cut short because of Alexander once again. Who knew when the next time they would see each other would be.

• Love
Politely giggling at jokes told, speaking about witty information most people haven't heard of, and trying her best to look interested in all the adult conversations happening around her; Quilicia was completely bored and uncomfortable at dinner that night. From what she was told before arrival, Prince Alexander had informed his parents that he would be late; which was a total shock to her, for he didn't express anything to her. But, then again, would he have given her such respects? Then, again, another shock was that Prince Micaiah and his family were...late...as well. Not sure about what was going on, Quilicia only smiled and nodded her head as if she understood and was okay with it. Or to silently express that she was far too immersed within the atmosphere with the royal family, that she did not notice the absence of the other royals present in the castle.

After a while though, the young princess had her fill of dinner and sat silently, listening to the others speak, and waiting for her prince with no confrontation. She truly wanted to leave and return to her room to relax, to speak with Bianca and perhaps Vel... But, that was easier said than done. So, instead she continued to entertain the Queen by reciting verses and poems, enchanting both of Alex's parents with the amount of languages she was able to comprehend at such a young age, and even had the king, of all people, laughing at a few belly-tumbling jokes of her own. But, it was quite clear that she was not interested in remaining in her seat. Quil wanted to leave, but did not make such a request.

Queen Valeria looked upon her with warm longings, wishing she could help release poor Quil from her invisible restraints, but she knew far too well how difficult that can be. Quil could see that she was doing everything she possibly could to entertain her; asking questions about her favorite hobbies or activities, chit-chatting about The Arts or Music, and commenting about requesting for Quil to escort her during one of her outings to the city. And that alone made Quil genuinely smile; Queen Valeria was doing the best she could. Nevertheless, Quil wished to leave...

Dinner was just that - dinner. Micaiah wanted so badly to pull Quilicia aside and let her know what was unfolding around her but he knew that such a thing would be unacceptable. He even saw his mother stealing glances every now and then toward the princess. She knew how her son felt about her and wanted nothing more than for the both of them to be happy. Unfortunately that had not been fated to them and now they must learn to accept that and protect what they have. It wasn't like Micaiah wasn't be taken care of. There was Francis and she was every bit the woman her son would need.

The royals carried on as if nothing had transpired. Fortunately, Alexander was absent. That prevented a certain level of discomfort that all of Micaiah's family would feel that was far beyond anything they felt at the moment. Micaiah wished they could have all been friends. How things would have been different if they could have just grown up under different circumstances and if things had unfolded a different way. Why did he have to hide who he was and who he loved from everyone?

"Thank you for your hospitality," Micaiah's father spoke to their host, "I've received an urgent message and we must depart to attend to it. I hope that you understand?"

Micaiah's eyes turned to Alexander's father and for a moment he watched the man study his father. Finally, he nodded and then the two kings embraced, "I look forward to the next time we might fellowship again," he replied.

Micaiah's eyes turned to Quilicia. He would be leaving her soon. Once again, she would be forced to deal with the cruelty of a prince who did not love her and only wanted her for victory's sake. She would be forced to pretend to love him and if time was not on their side, she would be forced to marry him. Micaiah's stomach turned at the idea of Quilicia in that position. She deserved the best and he could not give it to her. She was forced by laws and agreements to a life without love. If he could only speak with her one last time before they left.

Perhaps Vel could make that possible!

Vel, I am to leave in the morning. Is there a chance you could free Quilicia long enough for our goodbyes?

His heart ached at the thought once again.

Quil's eyes widened at King Delaney's announcement, but she quickly brushed it away with a calm and blank grin. She tried to avoid showing concern, but respectfully expressed enough to give them the assumption that she was sorry to see their good company leave so soon. Regardless, she knew that whatever response she might give could be misunderstood or flat out assumed as being something due to Prince Micaiah. Which, in all actuality is true. Nevertheless, she made sure to keep her eyes down and her mouth shut until cued by Prince Alexander that is was okay to do otherwise. After all, as the future queen of the castle, she is to show sincerity and concern about their guests' sudden departure.

Nevertheless, she truly feared doing so, fur the idea of Micaiah leaving so suddenly scared her to death. What will happen to her if he leaves? His presence was - security, in a sense. There was no way Alexander would harm her worse than he has, to the point of leaving marks, if Micaiah was still present. She didn't want him to go... not without her, but that was a dream.

Glancing up towards Francis, she caught the Duchess's eyes were already well placed upon her. Her smile, a vision for mix company, expressed something she never would of expected to see upon her old friend's face - victory. Quilicia gasped slightly, taking a deep breath to avoid shedding tears or screaming and jumping at the girl. She didn't know what to think about that look...to fear it, or hate it, or have pity for it, or laugh. She knew the truth about Micaiah's true heart; yet, he had to endure watching this - Francis has indeed fallen for her Prince, and now gloated it. Without making a scene, Quil stood with the others as they offered their well-wishes; taking it all in stride, but deep down she wished to leave the room. Francis smile was sickening.

Vel, I am to leave in the morning. Is there a chance you could free Quilicia long enough for our goodbyes?

Sitting under Quilicia's seat, the invisible Shadow Umbreon bit her lip nervously, I'm...unsure if that will be possible, M'Lord. There's high suspicious about your father's announcement. They're going to be watching everyone closely, including Quilicia. It will be tricky, but...possible. Her lack of confidence was out of character for her, but Vel's been stressing herself out and taxing her skills in various spying methods to insure Quilicia's safety and to find a way to get her out of this predicament. She was unsure of her spirit levels. Would she be strong enough to accomplish this new task Prince Micaiah has requested without getting the two caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.