The Trouble with Duty.

• Thread starter Eve lilith Angelson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura was slightly fuzzy she wasn't completely drunk but she was at the happy stage she had moved so her head was leaning back on the sofa, moving her slightly to the left she could see that Mist was also rather relaxed and looking more like his old self and when he spoke he sounded like his own self.

With a full on smile she said the last 6 years well I have hidden myself away for most of it just tried to live a normalish life and yeah I'am still a hero or I wouldn't have you here now would I" Aura laughed a bit how could he ask me that she thought. "But I work on my own none of the others really like doing the jobs I do or it maybe they just don't really like me who knows and I really don't care anymore. Oh but I have been practicing with my element as well as other forms of combat so I'am sure you would have a much harder time getting me on my ass now days then you did when we were younger." she couldn't help the wink at him ad she started to laugh.

Aura moved and felt a bit dizzy "Woahh vodka and tequila mix I think is my new favorite mix" she said as she reached for her glass and filled it with another round of tequila but having no salt as they had had all the lemon. "So why do you think they put us together?" she had a feeling she knew the answer but she wondered if Mist had thought about it.

Mist gave that a thought. "I guess because I killed someone you cared about," he answered. "I mean, you have more cause than most of the heroes to hate me, and I doubt anyone wants me to stay out of prison for long. They want me to fail, and so why wouldn't they put me with you?" He shrugged. "Either that or they expect us to kill each other. If they don't like you."

He really was speaking more like his old self, seeming more relaxed and chatty than he had been before. And it was all because of the alcohol.

Aura laughed a real laugh like she hadn't laughed in years "Maybe your right maybe they want us to just get rid of each other, but I'am sorry to be the barer of bad new's I'am not going anywhere so you and them are stuck with me for the foreseeable future" Aura thought about it she was sure they had wanted her on the case due to how close her and Aden had been and they knew out of all the Hero's she had been the only one whom got on to a degree with Mist.

Aura was enjoying being slightly drunk with Mist it was more like the old days, she felt care free and happy alcohol was a truly wonder full thing. "So what do you think you would of done for the past 6 years or what would you of liked to do?"

"I would have done what I had always done," Mist answered without even giving it a moment of thought. "If I hadn't been arrested, then I would have kept on stealing. Why would I have stopped? I liked the money. I liked the thrill. I liked making other people paranoid about what they were seeing, or what was going to happen to their valuables. It was fun."

He thought back on that with some fondness, but he knew those days were over. If he backslid into crime again, he'd be going back to prison for the rest of his life.

Aura lazied back on the sofa with her legs tucked to the right side of her and her left arm under her head as she watched Mist "Ok then we know that wont be happening now" she said it but it kind of upset her to think he would never be that person again and that they would never have to fight, she shock her head to clear the thought she was meant to be the good guy here "Ok so what would you like to do now?"

Aura had cut her self off from any more to drink as she knew if she had much more she would more then likely pass out in Mist's lap and that wouldn't be a good idea for either of them.

"Now that I'm on parole?" Mist asked, looking to clarify the question. "I just want to stay out of prison. I really can't go back to that place, Aura." He meant it. "You can't imagine just how terrible it was for me in there. I was blindfolded, Aura. They might as well have hung a sign on my cell saying 'Hey inmates, this kid can't identify you. Do whatever the hell you want to him and there's nothing he can do about it. He can't even defend himself!'"

He didn't realize exactly what he was saying. Any semblance of a word filter that he had was temporarily gone thanks to the alcohol. If he'd been sober, he definitely wouldn't have been talking about this.

Aura knew he had been treated appallingly, by not only the inmates but the guards it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that but she could only think of the thing's he had had to go through for the last 6 years of his life she didn't want to fell pity for him as that would do him no good she hated being pitted herself so she wasn't about to do the same thing to him. With out realizing it her hand had moved to his knee were it just rested to show he wasn't on his own any more.

"Well I know it's no good to you now and you could of done with this a lot earlier but I'am here now and your not going back there well unless you kill me and go all evil." she said with a smile to show she was messing with him like she always had done, Aura found it easier to talk to him when they were like this to drunk to really care any more or to keep things locked up inside.

Despite the alcohol, Mist's leg flinched back from Aura's touch. "Please don't touch me," he requested. "Not unless I tell you it's okay. It's just...too many people..." He shuddered, falling silent for several moments. His gaze drifted downward, and his voice was a mere whisper as he said, "I didn't want any of it... Never... But they never cared... I was just easy for them..."

The good feelings from the alcohol seemed to be gone. Mist had gone from being relaxed to being miserable, and he didn't even seem to realize that Aura was still there.

Aura removed her hand "Sorry I honestly didn't mean to." well done dumb ass you had him talking and now look what you have gone and done put your self right back to square one again Aura's mind rebuked her. With a sigh she stood up "I better try and get some sleep, its nearly dawn if you want there is a room up stairs its the 4th door down on the right it maybe more cozy then this sofa."

Aura stood up way to quick and went dizzy luckily air was there to hold her up but not before she nearly fell back down on the sofa. With the help of air she managed to move to the stairs "Night Mist."

Mist just gave a small nod in reply, letting Aura go to her bed. He was feeling very drowsy, and he closed his eyes even before he heard Aura walking away from him. It wasn't long before he'd passed out, thankfully dreamless from the alcohol.

He slept for a handful of hours before awakening, his eyes closing more tightly as his head pounded with pain. Great. Just what he needed: a hangover. That made him groan and bury his face in the throw pillow, trying to minimize the light that was getting in his eye and making his head throb.

Aura woke up after a few hours of rather strange dreams of a different place and time of Mist and herself being different, with a shake of her head she got out of bed and went into the bathroom to have a shower. Aura had never had a hangover the only thing that was a problem for her the day after a good old drink was she felt tired and slightly stressed as all her muscles would feel like she had had a fight and had not won.

Once Aura got out of the shower she dressed in her normal black jeans and she went for a purple halter neck top. Once she was done she put her still wet hair in to two low bunches and walked down stairs, That's when she remembered she had a visitor taking one look at Mist with the pillow over her face she could see he was not having as good a morning as she was. With a smirk on her face she got closer "Morning, how are you feeling today? fancy a full on bacon,eggs, sausage and tomatoes for food?" Aura was always the same with people who got hangovers she found is amusing. Put seeing that the light coming through the window was more then likely the reason for the pillow she called air to close the curtains in hope it would help if only a small bit.

Mist just gave a small groan in response. Hearing Aura's voice had made his head pound painfully, and he really wished she would have been a little more quiet. The guy was definitely hungover.

He flopped off the couch and started to make his painful way down to the shower he'd used yesterday, hoping the water would help him feel less sick. Wouldn't that be nice?

Aura watched as Mist started to make his way to the bathroom "I'll try and keep the noise down she said in a mock of a whisper and giggled to herself as she walked into the kitchen.

Once in there she put her Ipad on and put her ear phones in as not to give Mist to much of a headache. Then she set to work preparing breakfast but as she did she started to sing I wish I had an Angel by Nightwish.

Mist took a long shower, giving his head lots of time to pull itself back together. Of course, being able to see this time meant he could see all of the damage that had been done to his body. He checked himself thoroughly, making sure he had no wounds on his lower half that needed any special attention.

There was one thing that caught his eye, though, and made him cover his mouth to keep himself from vomiting. Those bastards... Those fucking bastards...

He turned off the shower and stepped out to look at his back in the mirror. Something very low down on his back--practically on his butt--was a scar that spelled out "bitch."

Feeling ill, Mist quickly pulled on his underwear to cover that up. Just thinking about that word was making him feel more ill than he already felt from the hangover. He didn't pull on the rest of his clothes, instead letting an illusion provide his clothing. It was more comfortable than the real stuff, and it looked however he wanted it to. Right now, it was a plain black outfit with long pants and long sleeves.

He went back to the couch, sitting down and trying to keep himself calm despite his shocking find. He'd known that they'd cut him, but he hadn't known they'd carved a word into his skin...

Aura was happily unaware that Mist had finished his shower, she hadn't even really got much of the breakfast sorted she was to happy dancing and sing to her ipad.

Her element had also joined in and was lifting her hair in time to the music and helping her as Aura spun around.

Aura was in her own little world, the place she always went to when she started singing it was as if she had not a care in the world.

Mist stood at the entrance to the kitchen and watched Aura sing and dance her way around it. Not doing much in the way of making food, though it looked like she'd gotten some of the ingrediants out, at least.

Maneuvering around her, Mist made his way to the stove to start cooking their breakfast himself. He'd let Aura keep on doing what she wanted. It was keeping his thoughts away from distressing topics.

Aura hadn't noticed Mist walking into the kitchen, still to far in her own world until she spun close to the stove "Hey" when she noticed Mist was cooking she turned her ipad off.
"Hey, sorry I was meant to be doing that" with a slight blush she continued "I got kind of carried away, was the shower ok? and I never knew you could cook" she said with a slight smirk as she rested against the counter top.

Aura felt a bit bad for just standing there watching Mist cooking but he had to learn how to live on his own at the end of the and it was rather nice for some one else to cook she had been doing all day everyday for years.

"Prison is the only time in my life when someone else had to cook for me," Mist said in return. "Otherwise, I always had to take care of myself." Which might strike Aura as odd, since Mist had been fourteen when he'd been sent to prison. He'd been a child. Shouldn't his parents--or at least his mother--have cooked for him back then? Even when he was younger than that?

Suffice to say, Mist knew how to cook. He might have been a little rusty, but it came back quickly enough. He didn't ask Aura any questions, just doing things his own way.

Aura looked at the man who had been just a boy when he had killed the most important person in her life, he had no family why? she thought to herself. Her had given her up for adoption the moment they knew she was different from others but hey that was there choice, but she knew many people who had grown up with there own parents she never thought for one second that Mist's problems may have gone that far back.

Having heard what Mist had said she started to think of her own family she had never meet her sperm donor and her womb for rent she had meet once she had no real feeling's for them at all, true she hated the things she had gone through in foster care and a shiver run down her spin and the colour drained from her skin as she thought back to them times. With her eyes closed she called air to her and this time she made it strong even Mist would of felt it but she just needed to be inside away from everyone while she tried to put the evil memories back inside the locked box in the back of her mind.

Mist glanced over at Aura when she started calling air to her. Obviously something was upsetting her, and he didn't know what had caused this. Was it something he said?

"Are you all right?" he asked quietly, unsure if Aura would even hear him. He knew what it was like to have difficult memories pop up. Even before prison, he knew all about that. And while he didn't want to talk about prison, he was willing to open up somewhat when it came to his childhood.

He turned his attention back to cooking, though he offered, "If you want to talk, I'll listen." For his own safety, he wanted to know what was bothering Aura so much. He didn't want her to snap and hurt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.