The Trinity Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander The Young King​

Alexander stood as silently, smiling as he listened to his brother demand his surrender. His brother really had not changed much since the last time they had met. Still gruff and blunt. His men were everywhere tense, weary shifting their eyes from the young king to the couple of Golums that had walk over along side him. He simply smiled as if unaware of the growing tension of the possible threat the golums were to the king. Alexander raised a hand snapping his fingers as he mentally gave a command, the golums falling apart to a mound of rubble as quickly as they had arose.

"Brother," Alexander began dropping the snide smile he had wore, replaced with a look of wisdom that was strange for his young face. "You know full well that I will never surrender my claim on the throne and the Trinity as I know that you plan on taking it all by sheer force. Have we not already took teh fathers from to many families." He puases to point out to were his own men stood a distance away. "My men, my army has not arrived just yet. Your men clearly outnumber my own that is true. You should know full well the destructive power of magic. My men will slaughter yours by the hundreds before you kill every mage here. Your army will be a ghost of what it was. Then what hope do you have of battling Theses?"

He puased again, smiling once more as he looked from his brother to the young women that had occomponied him this far, to the men of his brothers army that watched with tense features, their hands always near their weapons. "Brother it is time we settled our feud like we should have done almost a year ago. You and me like the old days, You win you can have my crown, my lands. I win and I'll take yours. What do you say?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
King Syris's Command Tent
King Syris smiled upon seeing the golems turning into rubble. It wasn't one of peace though, but out of amusement for his brother's stupidity. 'Do he have a death wish?' He thought while listing to the Young King's words. But the challenge to duel made him drop his smile, and instead equip his sword. Dragsoul, the blade which he had inherited from their father sent out few sparks as it was drawn from the scabbard he carried by his side. "You are barely men enough for the crown you call yours, and you dare challenge me to a duel?" It sounded as the blade cut through the air itself, as he slowly moved it around in circles in front of his guests standing in safe distance from him.

Syris pointed his blade right at Alexander and proclaimed loudly, "I, King Syris of Royal House Krona and ruler of Bloodsbane, hereby officially declare war against Penndragon. For their crimes against our nation they shall give up their wealth so that we once more can become the Trinity". He halted until the roar from his troops died down. "Alexander, I am no fool nor a coward. If you truly wish to fight me, than we shall meet on the battlefield. I will prove that magic have no place in a war zone!" Syris sneered and continued, "You will learn that war does not come alone. However, I will allow you to leave camp unharmed". Without looking away from his brother, Syris sent out a order. "Gladius, tell the remaining Blood Guard to saddle up" Syris didn't wait for response and followed up with a new command, "Generals, have the footsoldiers line up in the middle of the valley. The wait is over, we attack now".

• Love
Gladius saluted the king and quickly walked out of the tent. He grinned at the rest of the Guard, who had heard the proclamation of war. His voice carried the seriousness required, while hinting at the excitement contained within his steely chest, "The King has ordered us to saddle up, you've heard the proclamation, rejoice for today we show the enemy the might of the Bloodsbane army!" He called his mount over, and as if to emphasize his words the creature... did nothing. He chuckled along with some of the Blood Guard, his chuckle, a little forced.

Gladius jogged the short distance to his drake and hauled himself into the saddle. Raising his hook he stirred it to its feet, "Up ye lazy beast." The points on his boots prodded the drake a few times before it slowly stood up. He patted it with one hand and smiled, leading it over to stand with the others.

• Love
Alexander, The Young King of Penndragon

_____
Alexander looked at his brother without so much as flinching at the declaration of war. He wouldn't allow his brother to see the annoyance on his face, or the surprise that his bait had been deflected. He looked at the piles of dust that had once been his golems, and shook his head. The foolish one hadn't taken the hint at all, it seems. "I will take my leave then, brother."

Before that though, he turned to smile at Kieara, before planting his staff into the floor. "But before I do, I leave you this message. You started this war; do not complain when I am the one who finishes it." Turning his back, he walked out of the tent without so much as a second glance to the middle sibling. As soon as he stepped past the piles of dust that were his golems, they began to reform, facing away from the camp and following the Mage-king. It seems that he had already planned for the breakdown of communications, even if the plan had not been the one he desired.

Once outside of Bloodsbane's sphere of influence, Alexander let out a heavy exhale and let the golems collapse into piles of dust once more. Maintaining so many at once could be a very real strain on his concentration. "I am...sorry that you had to see such an ugly dispute. I sometimes forget how foolish my brother is. We should make our way to the camp: We have many plans to put into effect. Grab my hand; I will take us back to the encampment."

As soon as Kieara took his hand, Alexander let the magic of his amulet flow through the pair of them. It was a simple enough spell to transport them both, but it was a costly one, none-the-less. With a very sudden effect, both Alexander and Kieara were standing inside the main tent of the encampment, surrounded by a number of elderly men and gruff faced warriors. "The war meeting is to commence soon then, I see. Communications have broken down and my brother will be marching on us within the hour, I imagine. Do send a hawk to our ground forces: I will need them to move a bit faster."

The advisors and generals seemed to nod in a mix of annoyance and confusion. Before they could question him about the encounter, Alexander cast another teleportation spell, never having let go of Kieara's hand.

Soon enough, the pair was on the training fields: the same training fields that Fulgur occupied. "Tell me, Kieara. If you were to choose a single man to lead my forces on this field, who would it be? What does instinct tell you?"

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Kieara the Mage

Kieara wasn't the best with political or war related things, but she was almost certain that this would not end well. It came as no surprise to her when the two brothers parted ways and she started out of the camp with her father's staff in hand with the powerful magic king and youngest of the brothers. Not wishing to make matters worse, she kept her mouth shut through the entire confrontation, and when he spoke to her she only nodded as they were transported to the tent in camp.

After that exchange, she found that they were transported once more. She staggered a little. Having so much magic course through ones body all at once tended to give one a head rush, and these spells were not meager ones. They were actually quite powerful. It gave her a head rush, so it concerned her, and could only make her wonder what it did to Alexander. Of course, she was certain that the king's sons had always had access to the best, so he'd more than likely studied at Penndragon Academy in her deductions.

His next question took her by surprise. He wanted to know who she felt would best fit to lead his armies. That decision was slightly overwhelming. To have that much power and say over a warring group of people? It was a lot of responsibility, and she was not trained to deal in such manners, nor did she want to be responsible for leading people to their death. So she answered him honestly. "A single man? I...I wouldn't know. I know none of your generals, and I don't know anything about the art of war your highness."

Penndragon Camp
The officer that detained Fulgur came out to meet the King, he looked a little flustered, but no more so than he usually did when Fulgur started acting up. He saluted Alex, and stood at attention until called to speak, "Sir, the Red Knight, Fulgur has gotten into another fight. I have him detained and awaiting your judgement." He pointed toward the tent off to the side where Fulgur was, the tent was large, and had several guards standing by the entrance.

Inside Fulgur was awaiting the consequences, he wasn't too worried as he had not yet hurt anyone, and if he hadn't hurt anyone he couldn't be punished to badly. At least that was what he reasoned. While waiting he tossed a ball of lightning between his hands, watching little veins of electricity flow up his fingers and back into the ball. His sword was confiscated, and he could see it just on the other side of the room.

"It's the third time Sir, luckily I intervened before he hurt anyone," the officer continued. He dealt with Fulgur the two other times, and the countless times during the trek to the border. Even though Fulgur was such a troublesome soldier, he was a good soldier, and he didn't have any other problems with his superiors.

• Love
Alexander, the Young King of Penndragon

___​

Alexander listened to the nervous reply of Kieara and laughed, quite loudly at that. "Honestly, I was just curious if your untrained eye could see a diamond in the rough. Perspective is a funny thing, really." The Young King seemed to stride past the untrained mage, half-amused, half-contemplative about the answer she'd given. In truth, he had hoped she would be a little more...bold. There was a nervousness about her which might cause her to flee from him. He had seen too many people flee him for his Oldest brother's more gentle nature. He had never truly considered himself to be 'fierce' or 'frightening' but if even a mage-woman was to flee from him, perhaps it would show how inhospitable he could be.

His train of thought was ruined by the arrival of an officer that Alexander could not remember the name of. He was relatively uninteresting, and was here to report an incident involving the rather more interesting Fulgar. Alexander rolled his eyes and turned to face Kieara. "Once we've dealt with this soldier, I would like you to come with me to my tent. I have a proposition for you." Without waiting for her response, or to even check if she had followed him, Alexander began to follow the nameless-Officer towards the tent that housed Fulgar.

Pushing open the flap, Alexander saw Fulgar toying with a sphere of lightning. A slight smile crept on the young king's face as he saw the well controlled magical orb: it was a good show of the man's competence, at least. Alexander reached out a hand and drew the sphere of lightning into his grip, feeling the strength of the spell as something very potent indeed: Maybe even more potent a lightning magic than his own. "Fulgar, I hear you have been fighting your fellow soldiers again." There was a grave tone in the young king's voice: ominous in its inflections.

"You are indeed, a troublesome man to deal with. My officer would have me punish you for your crime, and a punishment you shall have! You are to be removed from your current unit, effective immediately." Alexander intentionally paused, enjoying his status a little more than he should, perhaps. Timing was everything, after all.

"Then, you will report directly to the unit of High-General Conrad. You will work directly under him for the remainder of this conflict." High-General Conrad was the second most important man in the entire Penndragon army, answering only to Alexander himself. Conrad is of the Archtree clan, a powerful family of Treefolk who have helped to watch over the stormy lands of Penndragon for a number of years. Truth be told, Conrad himself is a sight to behold, at over ten-feet tall and wielding a weapon that dwarves most people. To serve directly under him would be tantamount to being in the most elite unit of the Penndragon army. "Do not disappoint me, Fulgar: or Conrad, for that matter."

• Love
Fulgur-Penndragon Camp
Fulgur looked at the king as he came in. He tossed the lighting a few more times, letting it slowly dissipate then dropping his arms to his sides. He stood up, at attention, and listened to what he was saying. His body language showed disappointment when he was removed. When he was reassigned though he showed how happy he was, standing a little straighter. "As you wish your Majesty."

The officer, who had been careful to keep his expression neutral, unlocked Fulgur's cell. Fulgur stepped out, and held out his hand, electricity arced between his open palm and the hilt of his sword, with a snap the sword flung across the small space and into his hand. He put it back in the scabbard and looked at Alex, "I will do what is required of me Sire." He noticed the King's interest in his magic, and started to softly hum with electricity, his body conducted it nicely but made it heat up as well. It wouldn't harm him, but he didn't think some of the parts of his armor had much of a heat tolerance, so he stopped.

"How did the meeting with Bloodsbane go? Will they surrender?" His tone made it obvious he hoped not, but feared they would. He wanted to test his lightning on their drakes, and he wanted to see how the little combat warriors toasted compared to those with magic flowing in their veins. He heard they had a Metalborn, that could get tricky.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Kieara would try to step up to the plate if he wished her to be his advisor. She would tell him her opinion when Fulgar was gone, but she didn't wish to speak in front of him. She could tell that he was a powerful magic user. His powers surpassed her own. Not that that was hard to do. It wasn't too hard to trump her. She wasn't a very powerful mage when it came to spells. Brewing potions? No problem. She could outbrew some of the best potion makers in Penndragon, but spells? She had difficulty grasping them.

She felt that Fulgar while wise in some senses, may not be the best person to put into position at the head of a bunch of his army. She thought that he seemed a bit too cruel in nature. He'd turn on his own soldiers, what was to make them believe he wouldn't turn on Alex too?

She waited patiently not wishing to speak out of turn. She was curious to see how Alexander would describe the exchange in between the two nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.