The Trinity Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aryll - Elf - Magic Teacher

Aryll allowed herself very little time looking on vendors and admiring the town. She wanted to be at the Academy early today to freshen up her room with flowers and greens, hopefully that would cheer people up and not cause anyone to be a in a sour mood from the dismal weather.

Aryll covered her head with the hood of her cloak as soon as it showed signs of raining. Walking slowly, but at a steady pace, she made her way through vendors and up a stone path that would lead to the Academy. Aryll always enjoyed the walk, it gave her time to think and to breath. Thoughts could be your worst enemies and darkest nightmares but sooner or later you had to face them, and that's what Aryll did ever day. She would face her thoughts before pushing them aside to help her students.

---

Aryll laughed very slightly as one of her students burnt the small flower seed instead of growing it in their palm. "You don't like flowers, do you?" She asked softly to the student as she knelt down to his level. Her eyes stared into his own as he began to laugh, filling his eyes with a light, "No, Ma'am, I don't."

Aryll scrunched her nose slightly and then placed another seed into his hand, "I know you don't like flowers, but your little sister does. Imagine if you could grow one for her out of this little seed." Aryll spoke calmly and softly, just for him to hear. His face got serious, students always got confused when Aryll knew more about their personal lives then expected. But he smiled and concentrated one more time on the seed. Opening his hand, a small white daisy had begun to grow. "Your heart holds the most magic when it comes to earth. Some say we are connected spiritually and that is why when we connect our hearts to our magic, it grows intensely. Instead of feeling your own dislike towards flowers, feel your sister's love toward them."

---

A couple hours later Aryll had finished class for the day, the younger kids usually spent the first few hours with Aryll before moving on to another teacher who would teach them something other then earth and nature. Even though class had ended Aryll remained in her classroom. Huge windows lined along the eastern wall, allowing her to see outside. Branches and shubbery lined the room, growing along the walls. Aryll held her hand out and made flowers bloom along all the vines. She then sat down at her desk and opened up a book, a spell book written by one of her ancestors. She found these spells fascinating, they were created in a time of peace, a time where magic was really beginning to bloom. Aryll was known for her ability to decipher spells and understand even the oldest of languages when it came to magic. It was her favourite past time to read books from long ago.

Cecil -- Orphan

"I swear, if you ever touch my bow again, I'll take your tiny little hands and chop them off." Cecil said very firey to the young little orphan who had been previously running around with her bow. Cecil, not usually as harsh, felt kind of bad when the boy's eyes began to well up with tears. Letting out a small sigh she said, "When you are older, and if I am still unfortunately around, I will teach you how to use a bow. Now, go eat." She pushed the boy aside and watched as he happily smiled and ran down the stairs to sit at the table.

Cecil put her bow away underneath the sheets of the small bed she was allowed to sleep in before she made her way down for breakfast. She sighed when she noticed Grigor was not there, he had probably been sent out on an errand. She was hoping she could get away from all the little kids today and go on some kind of adventure, or maybe even train today. She wanted to do something, she hated just sitting around and waiting for something to happen in her life.

Cecil ate her breakfast in silence, every now and then she would pick up the child who sat next to her and put him back in his seat before he slunk out of it. This was normal, every day she sat next to the same little boy and every day she would put him back on his seat as he slowly fell out of it, incapable of sitting still.

Letting out a small sigh she decided she was finished with her meal, she headed up the shared room and brushed through her long red hair. Pulling out her bow from underneath the covers she touched it lightly with her thin fingers. The golden ring caught the light of the sun from the window and glistened very lightly. "Maybe I should go out and practice." What she really wanted to do was to go outside and explore, watch villagers, maybe even go watch as warriors made their way through town to go to war. She couldn't sit still, much like the little boy at breakfast.[/hr]

fantasy_rpg_town_by_e_mendoza-d6lb9td.jpg

Ellidil walked through the town in front of Theses Palace, his Guard circling around but they weren't so close that no one could see him. People smiled, waved and cheered as he walked by. They loved him, he was what they believed was the True King of the Trinity. The Guards made sure that no one entered the circle, but they were allowed to follow around. He waved back and smiled, and though he may look odd wearing his intimidating armor and the fake eye that adorned his face. He was just inspiring his people, letting people know that he would not hide away from his people and stow away inside of his Castle. Though they could not approach him because the Guard feared for his safety, times were trying and they couldn't be too safe.

He stopped, and when he stopped the Guard stopped. He listened for a moment as someone was singing and playing a fiddle, it sounded familiar. Standing there for a moment, he turned to where the music was coming from. Towards a woman who was dressed like a bard, her face covered in a mask and he could smell the perfume from here. It was a bit much, on the perfume, but he moved forward, one hand sticking out, stopping his Guard's from doing anything to the woman or stepping in front of her to block him from her. The voice and song was familiar, and even if he seemed like a fool, he would not be embarrassed.

"Excuse me, My Lady, but would your name happen to be Ishmea?" He spoke in a soft, polite manner towards her. He 'towered' over her, not exactly, but he was taller than her and his arms were crossed. A small smile forming on his lips as he awaited the woman's answer. He was 95% sure that it was Ishmea, because of the song and of her voice.

While Penndragon and Bloodsbane planned on meeting, Ellidil planned on keeping his own Military inside of his borders. For now at least, he had layers upon layers of plans made. He had ideas for many possible outcomes, and had many ways to deal with them. His lands held the most forests, being able to gather an abundant amount of lumber. More Lumber than Bloodsbane could ever obtain, living in the Mountain, and stone was heavy and couldn't be crafted into everything. Though, Bloodsbane did have mines that held ores, and Penndragon had the sea for...fish.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Grigor the Monk, #4169E1
Grigor found himself in front of a pastry seller from Theses. Since he used his own money for the wood, he figured he could spend some of the spending money for the children. He tried his best not to spoil them, but he can't help but do things that can make them smile.

"Say, are these Thesian delicacies?"
"Yes they are, are you hoping to buy some? One for you and a lucky girl? You can't find pastries this good anywhere in this kingdom!"
"Not two, maybe about... thirty six of them?"
"A-are you sure? These aren't so chea-"
"This is enough, yes? If you could put them into a box."

Once again he decided to use the money of his own earnings. With that almost all the money he had just been given a few days ago was gone. Box in one hand and sticks in the other, he decided to return home to the orphanage. He entered the door with a hearty hello as he made his way to the head mistress. She raised an eyebrow with his expensive looking goods, arms crossed and fingers tapping.

"That's a lot of expensive looking things. Must have costed everything I gave you."
"Yup, I barely had enough to pay for it all."
"I didn't give you that much money, did you spend your money again?"
"No, I stole it. Here, I have your money in tact as proof." He said handing her the money purse.
"Please, you don't have the balls to steal from someone, I know you monk types."

She sighed as she took the sticks from him. He heard her call out to him as he went to distribute the pastries he bought. "You know you should save that money I give you, It's not like there's anything here you would need to pay for. Heck you're a good enough man to be in the army!" Grigor left the room without a response. Of course the moment he entered the room with the majority of the orphans, they eyed his box. He lifted it up as high as he could while he passed them out, as after the first piece of bread was shown they swarmed. In the end he had two more pastries left. He had forgotten a young boy was adopted not too long ago, Gregory was his name. The other one was probably Cecil, as he didn't see her or her bow hanging around. Probably upstairs. He thought as he made his way up the steps.

He poked his head through the shared room doors. "Hey Cecil, you around? I got some sweets for ya." Grigor said while waving it around, still treating her like any of the other younger orphans.

Reactions: Lewi
Ishmea's song stopped at her name. He remembered. Under her mask, she smiled while her hands reached up and removed the mask. "It is good to see you again. Pray tell, what did they tell you happened to me?" She approached a bit more, testing to see if the guards would try to forcibly stop her. "I have tried time and again to get an audience. Each time, nobles stop me. It seems luck favored me today." She put away the mask, bow, and fiddle before rolling up her sleeves. People watched her carefully, but the king's recognition of her held them back from trying anything.

Ishmea herself was mostly worried about the guards. She produced her signet ring and held it forward for the guards to see. The old king's symbol likely held little sway, but it might ease the minds of the guards. Her smile did waver a little, reduced from normal due to her nervousness and worry. The king probably remembered her, but it did not mean he wanted to see her.

Grand Bloodsbane Castle
Syris had a tendency to forget his personal life. More precisely his wife. Her weak touch to his cheek felt like a stab to his heart. Feelings of regret flooded his mind, bringing him back to reality. He slowly turned around to watch her walk away. He wanted to call out, to tell her that he surely would return. But the words wouldn't leave his throat and instead he left the Throne Room without as much as a goodbye. Once he had reunited all of Trinity, they could settle down and grow old together. Once order was brought back, she and everyone else would be able to live in peace and safety...

The Castle yard was filled to the brim with Drake riders in heavy armor. These soldiers and champions was the Royal Blood Guard, and was led by the Second in Command. The ex-lord was holding the reins to Syris's Drake. Of course, the King's mount was bigger than the rests, as it require a lot of authority to control a fully matured male Drake. "The Blood Guard stand ready, your Highness. The footsoldiers was sent ahead, as you ordered". The Commander gave Syris the reins, and the Sword King used the stirrup to mount the beast. Syris looked down on him and asked, "And what about our last trump card?" The man saluted and answering, "It wasn't easy, but the legendary Endorin Dragon hiding on top of Three Spear Mountain shall aid if needed". The King nodded in approval, "Good". He moved his attention to the many men waiting for orders. "Guards! We are moving out!" His loud voice reached every soldier in the yard, and with a large howl the men turned their Drakes and rode over the Castle bridge.

The city guards was quick to push away people from the street. "Make pass! The King is coming through!" And if that wasn't enough to make people move, then was the sound of Drakes as they rode over the stone roads. Many Kronaians gathered to cheer on their King as he and the guards left the City of Bloodsbane.

The outskirts of Bloodsbane
It had been two years since the separation. But the last 8 months had been used to turn the valley by Three Spear Mountain into a fortress. It marked the entrance to Bloodsbane, and was to be protected at all cost. It was true they had a lack of wood, but stone they had plenty of. The walls clearly showed the hostility and mistrust from Bloodsbane. However, they had the advantage that only this road lead to the City of Bloodsbane. Unless you had Drakes of course. The army itself had sat camp across the primitive fortress. Whoever dared march into Bloodsbane would be attacked from two sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen of Bloodsbane, Raven Krona
Raven let out a sigh as she walked out of the room...She wanted to be with him, but he was a warrior. It was only his way of life to leave, and come back, bathed in the blood of his enemies. She walked out onto the great balcony, so that she could oversee his parade down the city streets, causing the people to cheer for him. She looked down, her hair blowing back in the wind. She would deal with his affairs while he was gone...even if the people weren't exactly happy with it. She stood there, watching until his army left the city, and the roaring of the crowd dimmed to nothingness.

As the groups of people dispersed, she sharply turned, and walked back to the throne room, placing her crown that showed her place as Queen upon her head. Raven looked to the throne, and slowly walked over, sitting down onto it. Yes...She would do his job while he was gone. She signaled for a guard, and he nodded, letting people come into the room and discuss their problems that had with the kingdom at the current time. A few of them were a bit...viscous and had to be thrown out, but the rest were of good nature. There was only few so far that she knew would be best to help, such as an innkeep who said that his tavern was breaking down...As far as she knew, there wasn't many and it would be wisest to keep it in shape, just for the food and shelter it provided to some.

Siera Lacross-Assassin-Open

A young adult stood in the forest, watching a pack of wolves as they tore apart a deer. Her green eyes flicked to beside her where a brown horse stood, waiting for her to climb aboard. She nodded once then looked back at the wolves, except her gaze was focused on a strong black male. "Thor!" She called, her voice firm but kind. The wolf looked back at her, his jaws covered on blood. "I'm leaving for a while. Watch over the pack for me." She said to him before climbing aboard her horse. The wolf nodded and she turned Miko in the direction of Theses. "Let's pay the kings a visit." She said and kicked Miko in the side with her boot. The horse neighed and ran very fast, dodging everything in her way. She heard a distant goal as Thor prayed for her safety. She smiled a little and put her good on. She wore a black cloak that went down to her feet but didn't drav in the ground. The good hid her facial features very well. Beneath the pinned together cloak she wore a white dress that went to the tops of her knee length black boots with cool designs. Her brown wolf ears were laid back against her head so they didn't pop up beneath the hood. Her talk swayed undesth the cloak, staying through the hole she had cut out of her dress so she had a place for her tail.

She soon reached the borders of These and stopped Miko. She could feel the soldiers cold and curious stares as she stayed on her horse. "I have business with the king." She told them. "And who are you?" One of the guards asked with narrowed eyes as he looked her over. Siera smirked and took out her dagger. Her eyes stared into the guards an although he couldn't see her face she knew he was uneasy since he shifted a little. She watched as one of the other put a sword to her neck. "Drop it." He warned but she raised pushed the sword away with the dagger. "Have you boys ever heard of the Wolf Princess?" She asked coldly and watched as the three guards looked at each other with unease. "In other words, our king knows you, correct? And he needs you assistance?" One asked and she simply nodded. They stepped aside and she gently kicked Miko in the side, trotttinv past them. "Wise choice." She said as she passed then kicked Miko harder and they ran off.

Siera and Miko didn't stop until they reached the town. Once there Miko rose to her back hooves and neighed loudly before her front hooves slammed against the ground. Siera made sure her hood was on and Miko walked forward. The people made way so they could cross, not daring to interfere. Lately, there have been rumors going around saying that there is an assassin that wears a black cloak and rides a brown horse. They say she she hides her features cause she is part wolf and only the kings know how she looks. As whispers spread like wildfire through the town she couldn't help but smirk when she heard her nickname. Wolf princess.

• Love
He watched the woman go before pocketing the change and tailing her, bemused by the generosity she showed him. With a scowl, Alistair didn't hesitate to follow the woman. She was peculiar and he intended to find something bad about her. He listened to all the clamor, and watched the king pass with a frown. He never understood the peoples' love of monarchs.

It wasn't long before he was following her out of town. This required him to hang back a ways, so as to avoid being noticed. Most of his following was done by tracking if he ever lost sight of her.

~A few hours later~

On a separate perch, he watched the people with quiet curiosity. This should be fun.

• Love
Talli, the Tiny Technician

I love alliterations.
It was a beautiful afternoon in the kingdom of Theses. But to the starry eyes of a young Pixie, every day is a beautiful day. Talli already busy bickering with her father, who says she always causes too much commotion whenever she takes her Hand-Cannon out for test runs, and that he's had to replace too many test dummies because of it. It wad the same old spiel, and Talli never listened. In fact, her mother supported it to an extent, saying test dummies are meant to be destroyed. That argument always stilled his tongue.

Talli strode out of her family's abode, only to see a large brow horse whiz past her. The shock made her jump. She tilted her head to peer down the path it was taking with a quirked brow, but soon shrugged it off as she readjusted her grip on the invention she held. Come to think of it, when she looked around the town, there was quite the commotion going on. Maybe there was some sort of celebrity visiting, she didn't know. All she knew is that she wanted to make her own commotion. The Pixie came up before the first of a dozen dummies that were set up in their backyard and lifted the cannon in front of her, aiming the barrel towards the dummies. After pulling down the large trigger, the cannon began to rumble before firing a blast of molten fire at the dummies, causing the Pixie to stagger. The boom that rang out after the impact could heard from miles out, and the damage it did to the dummies was impressive. Talli grinned at her handiwork, retaking a stable stance and loading in another crystal into the cannon's chamber. Hopefully this didn't draw the attention of the king...​

• Love
Cecil -- Orphan -- Bloodsbane

Cecil turned abruptly when she heard Grigor's voice, taking her attention away from the bow on her bed. Staring at Grigor with her green eyes confusion swept over her face then suddenly a more mature look. She would not be treated like a child and felt slightly offended that he would consider her to even want a sweet, sweets were for children. Of course she knew his intentions were nice so she planned to jokingly tease him about treating her like a child and then turn down the offer for a pastry.

Drawing close to Grigor, her face serious, she began to speak, "Why must you insist on-" She meant to give him a little piece of her mind but suddenly stopped. Resting her eyes on the pasty he held she sucked in a breath. "Is that... A... Thesian..." She bit her bottom lip gently, twirled her ring around in her finger, and her eyes grew wide. She couldn't just not accept this offer! It was like a little taste of somewhere other then Bloodsbane.

Still staring at him with wide green eyes, she put out her hands expecting the treat. Long gone were the thoughts of acting more mature and turning down the delicacy. She was still a child, she could still want a sweet! It was perfectly allowed, right?

Aryll -- Elf -- Penndragon

Aryll put away her book and looked out the windows, staring off into space she wondered what if would be like to be in the war. Of course, she never wanted to fight but it was a dream of hers to help others and then maybe get in the King's good graces and become of some help. She would do anything to keep this beautiful kingdom of Penndragon safe.

Attracting her attention back to the present, she decided to pull out a large map from her desk. Brown parchment, worn from years of other teachers, and faded pictures were shown on this map. It showed every river, valley, and kingdom in the large and expansive lands. Using her magic she traced her hand over the map and drew non permanent lines to help her get a better idea of how the areas had been separated two years ago. The lines shimmered and sparkled over the map as Aryll drew different spaces and pictured what everything was like now that the wars had begun.

Aryll stared at the map, she knew their was very few ways to get to Theses, and with all the war going on it would be harder then ever to make journey their if she was to go by herself. She let out a small sigh as she came to the same conclusion she did every day: If she wanted to pursue her dreams of teaching underprivileged people magic, she would have to travel with a group. She would never be able to make it alone.[/hr]

Alexanders men were working diligently, raising a camp, building fortifications. The din of metal being hammered into place could be heard over the sound of the mens voices. More men still streamed into he camp, several more regiments had yet to arrive, when Alexanders vanguard of knights breached the horizon their horses thundering into the center of camp, their king no where to be seen. He was alone on horseback, traveling at a slower speed, having sent his men ahead of him to prepare.

It was alone did he happen to have his path cross once more with the potion vender. He pulled his horse to a stop in front of what he could only assume was her home. This time, it would be obvious to anyone from the crown to the polished armor that he was royalty. He smiled to her calling out. "Why Isn't it my favorite Potion vendor. What is your name again?"

Kieara heard a familiar voice and turned. She'd been watching the men march into the valley for a long time now. She didn't like seeing them set up mere yards from her home, and she had a strong feeling that after a few minutes, her home would be nonexistent anymore. At least that was how things were working out in her mind so far. She offered a smile to the young king and she curtsied again to show her respect for the royal.

"Hallo again. My name is Kieara. Kieara Biaer your majesty." She informed him and looked up at him. She could see how he had a bad temper, he'd expressed that in the square even if she didn't know what had originally made him mad, but ultimately, he seemed to be a very kind man.

"Please my dear, call my friends call me Alexander and it has been quite awhile since I've had one of those." he pulled on the reigns drawing his horse closer the the young women. His smile broadened as his minds gears whirled. "Say Kieara, would you like to see history?"

Kieara smiled up at him. "Alright Alexander." She said. It felt nice to be friends with her king rather than to fear him or to have to be overly formal. She watched as he came over and spoke. "What ever do you mean? The battle?" She asked. The vagueness of his phrase intrigued her.

His face darkened as she spoke of the battle. The smile slowly falling off his face. His blue eyes growing distant as he turned his gaze away from her to his army. His men like ants scurrying around, the camp bustling with activity. "Too many men and women have died. If you trust me, take my hand," pausing to lean off his horse offering to help her up unto it. " and be a witness to history."

She hesitated but she took his hand keeping her staff close to her. She allowed him to help her up and she spoke to him. "If your men could use splash potions I will allot them what I have in my home." She said trying to be of assistance. She wished to help with things. She wanted to help protect her home and her kingdom.

He twisted in his saddle smiling at her brightly. "Thank you my dear, but I hope we wont be needing them." With that he twisted back to the front spurring his horse onward. The horse kicked dust off the ground and within moments they were at the growing border of his armies camp. The guards however questioningly they looked at the women with the king said nothing as he galloped past them toward the front of the camp.

Kieara smiled. "I hope so too." She said loudly enough for him to hear then as he turned to look forward again and they began to gallop off, she spoke again her smile faltering a little. "I hope so too...." She said quietly. As they rode, she could feel their eyes on her, and it made her exceedingly uncomfortable. She looked around and she spoke to Alexander. "I don't think your men approve of me being here...."

He luaghed at that. "They have just never seen you before. And to be riding with the king your arms around my waist. They probably think your my mistress." He grinned at that lightly elbowing her in the ribs before two men stepped in front of his horses pass.

Alexander stopped dismounting his steed and helping the girl off as well. The first man dressed in what was obviously mage robes stepped forward. Addressing the king loudly, "My lord! The mages are ready and in place awaiting your command. Valors Regiments are still hours away." He nodded in thanks and continued to the barren expanse of land between his army and bloodbanes. The second man followed closely behind Alexander motioning with a hand for Kieara to follow.

Her face went from pale alabaster to the brightest red at the thought of being the handsome king's mistress. She shied away from their looks even more at the new information and avoided all possible eye contact with them. She didn't want them to see how embarrassed she was.

Once they stopped, she dismounted along with the king and followed him sticking close to his right hand side. She didn't trust the men he was with, but she did trust him. He was kind, and she knew him better than them even though they'd only met a few hours prior.

The king walked into the lands. The man on his left side opening up a bright white banner, bearing the flag as tje king began making his way toward the enemies camp. Alexander paused raising both his arms palms toward the air. Rumbling could be heard quiet at first but steadily louder. Suddenly what looked like piles of rocks shifted and transformed. Melding together and growing to form two 30ft tall rock golem, their eyes an encompassing blue. Their arms long shorter legs the huge giants slowly moving beside the king as he walked to the enemy camp. Several mages each powered each golem yet their minds were connected to the king allowing him to control the beasts with no effort on his part.

She saw what was happening and was rather shocked as she walked with him. She was awe struck at the magical feats she was witnessing. She looked at each golem and spotted the mages controlling each one then back to the king. She'd never seen magic of this magnitude before, and to her, it was awe inspiring.

She spotted the white banner and grew nervous. Was he really going to surrender to the king of Bloodsbane? Or was this an attempt at a truce? The idea of a surrender made her nervous. She'd heard the king of Bloodsbane was a very brutal man. Of course Alexander would know, he was his brother after all.

He grinned a knowing look on his face as he looked back toward his beautiful friend. "Do you like?" he asked motioning toward the giants. " My brother believes that his drakes will be his trump card yet when the battle starts my mages will raise hundreds of varying sizes. " he dropped his hand and walked in silence. The golums stopped hundred yards away from bloodbanes camp the king alone with Kieara and the flag bearer. The guards moved toward him surrounding his party. Alexander just smiled to them addressing us all. "Please take me to my brothers camp. Me and this women have business with him. And give my man some water and send him back to my side." They looked from one to another before jumping to follow his commands. The young king and his friend entering the lions den.

Grigor and Cecil, #4169E1
Grigor smiled as she quickly went from mature to child in a matter of seconds. He figured if anyone was going to love foreign delicacies, it would be her. Remembering he had two left, he decided to play a small prank on the girl.

"Ah, that's right! How could I forget? I remember you saying weeks before how you were becoming too mature for sweets. How thoughtless of me."

He began to take a few bites of the bread in front of Cecil's face, still hiding he other bread behind his back.

Cecil's expression fell as Grigor took a few bites out of the bread. Dropping her hands down to her side she stared up at him. It was at this moment she had to decide whether to threaten him or to play the little girl card.

Going with the latter, she let her eyes fill up slightly with tears and spoke softly, "So you came up here to torture me, huh?" She bit her lip softly and stepped an inch closer to him, "How could you find pleasure in this? You know never to take me seriously, well, don't take me seriously about sweets. And now you've made me sad."

Looking down at the ground she mumbled to herself, barely loud enough to hear, "And maybe tomorrow you'll wake with a knife in your shoulder as punishment."

Grigor stood in silence for a few seconds as she began to grow sad. Maybe he went a little over board with this joke, she did like things not from Bloodsbane. Grigor swallowed the food in his mouth as he brought out the other pastry, giving a small laugh at her mumbling.

"It was a joke. Here, I have another one, let's eat together." He said while handing her the unbitten sweet.

Cecil's face lit up as he handed her the pastry, smiling at him she took the sweet and bit down on it. After swallowing she laughed and said, "You know I was just playing with you. I wasn't to sad about it," Suddenly her eyes grew a bit darker and with a completely straight face she added, "Except for the knife part. That was serious."

Cecil then went and sat down on one of the beds to eat her pastry, while still looking at Grigor. She enjoyed his company and loved that even though he was a strong fighter he still stuck around the orphanage.

"Well I wouldn't put it past you to do it if I were to actually do such a thing." He gave her a serious stare back. "But remember, should you try anything like that on any but me, you'll end up with much more than a scolding." The last thing he wanted was to hear about the orphans joining the army and end up dieing before him.

Grigor walked over to an adjacent bad and sat on it. Cecil was the closest person besides the head mistress who he could talk to seriously. "So, how are things being the big sister of the children? I'm sure in a few more years you could end up having an official position here and get paid for what you already do around the house."

Cecil let out a sigh and took a few more bites of her food before finally settling on an answer to give to him, "No, I don't think I would like that," She kicked her feet a little and looked down at them, "As much as I enjoy the children," She looked up and added a little eye roll, "I want to do so much more. I want to travel. I miss the outer lands of Bloodsbane, I used to be able to travel when my mother was alive. She promised to take me to the other kingdoms, before the war started."

• Love
Reactions: 2 people

He chuckled as she held out the old signet ring. She was right to think that it would have little sway, he couldn't read her mind, but the Guards seemed to watch her closely, but they didn't approach her. Ellidil made sure her attention was on him, as he spoke. "Yes. My Father told me what happened to you in a letter. I appreciate that you went to such great trouble just to help my Father in his time of need, and I'm sorry for what happened to you." He knew the great perils she went to for his Father, and when she came back that she wasn't the same. Though his Father gave her a second chance to be hist court mage and allowed her to stay, and Ellidil couldn't just tell Ishmea goodbye and leave her. It was clear how she wanted to gain his attention, almost like she wanted to ask him something.

"You helped my Father in his time of need, so is there anything I can do to repay you?" He was assuming she wanted shelter, maybe even a job. If she just wanted to say hello and needed nothing, that was fine as well.

While his Brother's planned on fighting, Theses hasn't fought any battle, wasted any troops, or revealed their trump card yet. Ellidil was more cunning than he allowed people to think. Most of his enemies probably thought he was too kind for his own good and it would later stab him in the back, but maybe Ellidil was the cruelest of all three brothers, or maybe he was the nicest. Only the future can tell.

Ishmea let out a light laugh, her hands dropping to her sides. "Repay me? I need no repayment. You are family to me. I am, however, quite unemployed and thought a king may need a court mage. I could have gone for far flung lands, but it would have left me no closer to meeting my pupils again. So, I worked and tried to get past all the nasty nobility hating me. If you have need of a court mage, I am glad to offer my services. Should you have no need of me, I can resume my wandering and come back to visit on occasion."

She approached yet closer, her hands always in view, the only things in them being her ring and fiddle. She knew the guards would get tense, so she prepped to cast a spell to isolate herself from them should they try anything. "So, young one, do you have need of my magic again?" She had always enjoyed the eldest, sometimes more than the other two. He always seemed interested in her lessons. Perhaps it was because they spent the most time together. Perhaps it was his capacity for compassion. Or, perhaps it was because he was first and the one that first met her.

Francis awoke slowly, feeling around 3 bodies next to him in his bed "Oh boy...I'll be eating like a king tonight" he mutters with a smile

"Well, if you're all quite done...That'll be 200 gold pieces each" he says with a smile, getting out from under the sheet and opening a pouch for the money "I'll be expecting the payment when I get back" he says, throwing on a pair of pants as he heads into his kitchen "And don't bother trying to leave...all the exits are shut" he mutters as he grabs a rather large knife "Now...Lisa, Carol and Diane Davis...you're wanted dead for multiple transgressions against my client...the bounty, is 200 gold each...consider the session free" he mutters as he gets to work, ending the trio within moments

"Maybe some day I'll get to kill a king" he mutters with a chuckle, putting on some fresh clothing and stepping outside, looking around with a smile "I wonder...who do I seduce today?" he chuckles and buries his hands in his pockets as he starts to walk aimlessly

---Early that Morning in These---
"They are getting bolder." Carmen said dropping down on one knee so that she could closely examine the smaller rat-faced demon that she had felled not two blocks from her young master's house. The dark alley and the early morning provided enough cover that the kill had gone unnoticed by all but a very disgruntled alley cat. The presence of this trespasser would have been inconsequential was it not for the fact that it was the tenth one she had found circling the neighborhood within the last two weeks. Perhaps not a flood of demon spawn, but three months ago it would have been strange for her to see two show up in consecutive weeks.

Digging a nail into the pad of one of her fingers she used the drops of blood that gathered there to write a quick spell of burning. It was to risky for her to move the body and this would clean things up nicely. In a quiet city like this the most attention the scorch mark would get was from a grumpy homeowner convinced his neighbor was burning his trash in the alley again. She watched the fire under had consumed the body, bones and all, and had died down to some dirty embers, trying to stop her thoughts from straying to far down the road of worst possibilities.

Perhaps she was just a bit careless. It had been nearly a year since she had placed the newest wards on the house, perhaps they were simply fading faster than she had expected. However replacing the wards would be no simple task, this city's black market had slim pickings nowadays, and to craft them herself would liking bring in more demons than the wards would repel, and besides, Max still did not quite have the skill for such delicate spell work. Perhaps she could find a down-on-their-luck mage who would be more interested in getting paid than asking questions about why such a ward would be needed. With so many refugee's flooding the city and the country they must be someone who could easily be convinced to look the other way for a demon and a young black mage.

This could wait for the clarity of an awakened day. The sky was already beginning to grey and Carmen retreated towards home, trying to wipe as much of the demon's black blood from her clothes as she did. If it turned out that this neighborhood just reeked to much like demon and black magic it might be that she would have to move. Demons would seek out their own kind and no matter how hard Carmen tried to dampen her aura, they would eventually sniff her out.

---Presently in These---
The day had dawned bright and clear as Carmen had hoped, schools had ended early that day and it was all she could do to keep Max from sprinting down the streets. Even for a demon of her prowess the press of such intense sunlight made her more sluggish than she would have been normally, and she found it difficult to bargain with shopkeepers for her groceries while still keeping an eye on Max.

"Carmen!" The joyful voice drew the demon's gaze even more so than the fact that it was coming from her summoner and she could not help the slow smile that crept across her face as she watched as Max practically bounced up and down in place.

"The sweet shop is open, may I go, please?" He said tugging on the sleeve of her shirt.

"You will make yourself sick eating sweets." Carmen said giving Max's cheek an affectionate squeeze, ignoring his protests. Big hazel eyes got even larger as Max pleaded silently, once again forgetting that if he truly wanted the treat he could have taken the money and Carmen would have been unable to do anything about it. Perhaps this was for the best, and a few moments later a few coppers tumbled into the boy's hand and the huge grin had returned to his face.

"Now right there and right back you hear?" She said grabbing the boy's collar before he disappeared into the crowd. Excepting the furious nods that Max gave her she released her grip and watched him disappear into the crowd. The sweetshop was not far from where she would be gathering their shopping for the week, besides she would know instantly if something happened to him. If Max was in trouble his demon would come and if threatened she would not play nice.

Quick strides brought Max to the sweetshop and within a couple minutes he left with a small wax paper parcel of sweets. But instead of turning right from the shop to head back to where Carmen was most likely waiting for him he took off towards the left. Sharp little ears had heard mention of the king and in his curiosity he was desperate to see the ruler of his home country. He felt a little bad about lying to Carmen but she refused to take him close to the castle and had never given him a good reason as to why. In truth the demon was worried that the illusions, dampeners, and suggestions that tricked most everyone one they met, would not be enough to hide them from the keen eye of the court mages, especially where the king was involved. However not wanting to worry the boy Carmen had never really voiced those reason, and so gleefully Max raced towards where he had heard the king was riding.

Ahead of him the road he was on intersected with another and briefly he saw the crowd part and he smiled to himself as he dodged by the wall of people, his eyes momentarily looking back as he passed the onlookers who might miss the king. Not him, he was to fast he would see the king and then he would be back before Carmen was even done with her shopping. That is until his eyes swiveled forward again and he found his vision filled with a wall of brown as he smacked hard into a brown horse's shoulder. Tumbling back Max landed hard on his but and he found himself frozen in place as his eyes moved from the horse he had just hit to the black cloaked rider astride the beast.

"oops..."

• Love
Siera Lacross-Assassin-Max

Siera hadn't really paid attention to the others. She heard whispers but didn't care about what they said. She had heard it all anyways. A soft sigh escaped her hidden lips. In all honesty she wanted to see the kings cause she was getting lonely. Her eyes focused on her hands that helps tight onto Miko's mane. The life of an assassin is hard. She thought. Siera became lost in thought until she heard someone fall and Miko came to an abrupt stop. Siera's green eyes became unclouded and looked past the brown fur of Miko toward a boy on his butt.

She raised her brow but decided she might as well help him up. Siera got off Miko and held her hand out for him to take. "Hurry the hell up. I don't have all day." She growled quietly to him when he didn't take it. "On another note, where are your parents?" She asked, her voice firm but not rude. From under the hood her green eyes watched him, waiting for him to say something or take her hand.

Luna made her way out of the kingdom as there was nothing she can do there plus she need to keep going otherwise she fears that her father's man would be looking for her. she was so way she going back to that place plus it wasn't like he needed her brother was going to be taking the throne next. She let out a sigh looking up at the sky, it was a nice day the sky was clear and so blue.

Ellidil chuckled at Ishmea's request and smiled. Holding out a hand slowly, his guards seemed worried but he knew what he was doing. He was not afraid of anyone, or anything in this world. He believes that if he enters any area in this world with open arms that he will never be struck down. No one could strike down a man that offers an open hand instead of a closed fist, could they? It was possible that he would be struck down one day because of his incompetence, or maybe he plays the part of the fool very well. He held his hand out for Ishmea, smiling the entire time. "I would greatly appreciate it if you would be my Court Mage. You served my Father loyally and I have no doubt that you will serve me loyally." He waited for her to shake his hand before he continued on. His Guards were still alert, but they were a little more accepting of her if their King accepts her so quickly. Especially if they have a past.

"I am at War with my brothers though. It saddens me really, these lands were divided by our Father so no conflict would arise, yet here it is. Conflict, all because of my brothers ambitions to unite the land. Foolish...unnecessary. Hopefully we can end this war without any of my Brother's dying...but a sacrifice may be needed to end this foolish war." He sighed, his face darkening for a mere moment before he brought on his Kingish smile once more, all for show.

"I do not wish to speak of the possibilities of my brothers deaths or the fires that may rage through this nation. Theses is safe for now, borders well protected, and Penndragon and Bloodsbane doesn't seem to acknowledge our existence at the moment. Good for us I say." He was beginning to rant, but he caught himself and stopped. Chuckling before running a armored hand through his hair, fixing it, adjusting his left eye to stay on his face correctly. "Sorry for that, how have you been these past few years?"

• Love
Three Spear Mountain - Military Camp
The remaining Bloodsbane footsoldiers arrived the same day part of Penndragon Army showed up. It didn't take long for Syris and his Royal Blood Guard to arrive as well. The Sword King didn't move to the protection of the fortress as one would think. Rather, he want to the large camp as it hold enough space for the many Drake Riders. Walls would only delay the deployment of the beasts after all. Horns sounded across the valley as the King entered the camp, his men right behind him. The camp had no walls. Partly because focus had been put on the fortress, partly because wood was scarce. The timber they had raided from Theses, could do better than became walls for a temporary camp...

Instead the clever men had been forced to make stone spikes for defense. While Syris himself refused to acknowledge Magic, had the few Mages in the army raised sharp rocks from the ground. If Penndragon was stupid enough to come riding on horses, they would be met by their surely dead. It had an improved durability compared to wood too, but Syris didn't praise them and he wasn't going to. The spikes was set up in a 210 degree circle, and the closer you moved to the center the closer the spikes was to each other. Syris and Guards moved up the main passage, and the many soldiers in shining armor saluted as their leader made his appearance. The center of the camp was big enough for all the Drakes, along with the command tents. The proud Kronaian flag, a rich decorated red dragon on a black background was raised across the entire camp. It was the Royal banner, and only the King's presence allowed its use.

While the King and his closet guards dismounted by the command tent, the rest of the men got off here and there and began sitting up their own tents. With a satisfied smile on his lips and hand resting on Dragsoul's pommel Syris entered the heart of the camp. The command tent was spacey, with only a large table taking the most space. Dozen of maps lay shattered around on it, and three men was leaning over them in a heated discussion. A sharp "Status report" From Syris quickly had the men's attention however. The most red headed of the three, clad in a engineer's uniform was the first to speak. "Your Highness, I apologise but we simply do not have enough timber and rope for five siege weapons". Syris moved closer to the table and gave the scout leader a sharp questioning look. "It cannot be our mistake. The engineers was the ones to waste the wood on clumsy constructions!" This insult to the engineer's pride had him smash a fist flat on the table, "Clumsy constructions?! It has to be big or it won't have the needed range. And we had to improve the original design, causing delays because you didn't bring enough material". Now the scout faced the engineer himself, "Do you have any idea how hard it was to get in the first place? Three riders was killed and two captured trying to transport it! Theses likely know of our position now".

Syris was just about to give both men a proper scolding, when Gladius interrupted him. The famous Red Knight of Force had silently made his way into the tent to report. "Your Highness, The Young Prince have arrived with a white flag" Syris was shocked for only a second. His little brother bragged of his wisdom, but he had foolishly accepted Syris's invite for battle. It would be his doom. "Alright, bring him here" He ordered before telling the three men to pack away the maps.

61700fc70c00d2759391ba7cdf3bf913.png

Status
Not open for further replies.