The TRAIN

M

Maybe

Original poster

a few volunteered. Most... well.
The train, endlessly chugging around the country upon carefully placed tracks. The news could only broadcast that the train couldn’t be stopped. Never who was upon it, never what purpose it carried. Whispered secr to brought conspiracy - a twisted experiment? Government funding? Terrorism? Does this very train hold secrets? Do the people upon it know these secrets? If not, can they find them? Will they want to?
you are on this train. Tossed in this four car society with people you’ve never met. Th doors will not open, the train will not stop. The windows barely crack. This clever train has given a stock, enough to ensure survival, is this a nightmare, torn from your freedom to be part of aome thing that will give you no answers? Or is it a drawing, blessing you in all the things you did not have before?
Are you for the train, or against it.

I welcome any and all who would like to be apart of The Train.​
As GM I will give you plenty to follow along with - or work against. I am open to ideas, fists & turns. With that in mind, I’d like to see posts with at least three paragraphs. Bring out those details~.​

The following is a quick FAQ.​
  • yes, in a sense. What I am meaning by this is that they were approached- offered a spot on a train. They do not get all the details of what the train is for, or why they would go on the train. For each volunteer it could be different - this first was promised money - the second perhaps to clear a criminal history for themselves or another. Whatever they exchanged to be on the train for will be up to you. (I will approve these though so they aren’t too over the top.)
  • Whatever you character was doing, or wished to do in life has been interrupted. These people were kidnapped, relocated and find themselves on this train. Whatever life they had before, whatever they left behind - happy or sad - is up to you.
  • You will be free to do what you want on the train, (within the layout and restrictions.) Develop relationships how you wish on the train. There will be things to find, things to learn about. Whether out of leisure or with a goal towards freedom.
The TRAIN​
The Train is four cars long, all four are accessible.​
  1. usually where the controls are hosted. However, in this train is nothing but smooth walls. No bottoms to push, levers to pull. A simple device placed upon a stool in the middle, who's only job is to count the days passing. 01... 02.. 03.
  2. booths. six on each side, with a table snuggled between each. this part of the train couldn't of been more normal, railings about them meant to hold luggage. large windows to bring in sunlight, windows that open only enough to put ones hand through.
  3. a lounge dressed in decor a century too old. couches, lined up against the walls of the train, small tables set before them, the space to walk through plenty. behind what was once a bar - a small kitchen took its place. two slot burner power by replaceable canned gas. a mini fridge, tucked behind a door. a trash can, a kettle. a small sink, capable of holding a plate or two. dishware suitable for a set of four can be found behind another door below, a few pans too.
  4. the last car. a car lacking no special features, designed to hold what stock was given. the one and only bathroom to live in this car. small, no shower or tub in sight. the back half of this car would display a giant metal tank, with a spout. water. plenty, if none wasted. crates line the rest of the walls, some open, some sealed. without them the given stock. anywhere from instant foods, to many cans of beans. rice, noodle. next to the water tank sits a table, a pattern to appear with each morning. a new item is placed upon it, sometimes food - milk, eggs. - other times books, newspapers. police reports. even objects, photos - jewelry. This car is the only one with a door, but can it open?
The Sign-up.​
  • I would like to keep an air of mystery, for both other characters and OOC players. All sheets are to be sent to my PM - all that will be shared are photos, and names. I challenge you, to discover what makes another character tick, and share how yours may tick~. The sheet itself is rather simply. To keep it consistent I'll ask that you do not use anything too crazy for your photos. Animated or realistic is fine.
  • These PM's will also serve a secondary usage for plotting - between GM and individual character. Feel free to use them, as I will also use them when i have a twist in mind.
  • Name || Age
    Photo

Description || Here, place anything that doesn't reflect in your photo. Ex, tattoos, piercings. Scars. missing fingers.

Breakdown || Here, I need to know. Did they volunteer, or were they stolen? If they volunteered, what did they seek in exchange. If stolen, what were they stolen from. This mixes both bits of history and personality.

Likes;Dislikes || Give me five things they like, and five things they dont. (Yes, I will use some of these against you.)

ETC || This is purely me taking in info for the last car - What would you like to see in it? Or something you don't want to see?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting premise! A few questions though:

What is the world outside the Train like? Is it pretty much normal, apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic, or something in between, like a society crumbling to Great Depression levels but with at least a perception that normality still exists or will return? I'm guessing not a shining utopia...

Is the Train in the USA, Europe, somewhere else (Australia, Africa, South America)? Or is this set in a fictional world? This would impact character speculations on the purpose of the Train, e.g. it would cost more to set it up in some places than others due to presence/lack of already-existing rail infrastructure. Or would the characters not know what continent they're on?

When you say to send character sheets to your "DM" is that something like "Discord Messaging?" Sorry, I don't use Discord, beyond having been on it a couple times, so I don't know all its features. Am I correct to interpret this as meaning we can't send character sheets to you as a Private Message here on Iwaku?

Thanks!

Thank you for your questions! I will do my best to clarify.

The outside world of the train is not any different then current times. I do not wish to push into an alternate world, nor have the world come to an end. Nothing outside the train is any less interesting then what’s outside your window. The train should be seen more as an “experiment “ or a way for a twisted group to get some shits & giggles.
As far as where the train is, these details can be expected to be found out while they are in the train. The characters themselves will not know, but may be able to pick apart the scenery for clues.
By DM I meant direct messaging, I did change it to PM since that term is more exact for iwaku. So characters are to be sent to my personal messages!

Reactions: Dmitry

Passenger list

the list is growing, will you find yourself upon it?

the list now holds two - er, three. we are two seeking two or so more people to get started~.

Still searching~. If there is any questions feel free to ask them!

The fourth passenger has been selected. Soon the wheels will turn~.

choo. choo.

peeks in

Are you still accepting?

The wheels have turned, but

The train is still taking passengers.

You see, the first car and the fourth car have been locked. Could it be you behind door number 1? or door number 4?

Heyo !!
Are you still accepting for this RP ?
I'm VERY interested in the premise.