The Town of Casper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leone sighed as the woman hurried out of the hotel, going to her car once again. He frowned and followed after her again, groaning at the idea of getting in the car again. He settled into his seat, and endured the longest fifteen minutes of his afterlife. He bailed out of the car once it came to a stop, somewhat glad that he couldn't puke due to the fact that he was a ghost. He really needed to get over his motion sickness. He hurried after the woman once he gathered himself. She was just sitting there, looking at the water. There was an old bridge upstream, hidden from sight by the thick vegetation and mangrove trees.

She sighed once again, frustrated. What was she thinking in going over there? What did she think she would find? She throw a couple of rocks to the water, still thinking. Afterwards, she just took her EMF out. That wouldn't lead her to a body, but who knew, maybe she could find something. When she turned it on, the apparatus started lighting up with the same power as it did in the library. The energy was coming from next to her.
"So, you are following me, uh?" asked smiling. If that ghost was really following her without trying to hurt her, that would probably be one of the most exciting things that ever happened to her. She left the EMF on to detect any movement on her company.

Leone smiled when she took out the device that enabled her to see him. Or, more like sense his presence. He began to walk towards the bridge, hoping that she would follow. Perhaps he could actually get her to follow him all the way to the tree.

The signal started to fade away, so she stood up and started looking back for it. Just as he did in the library, the spirit was leading her somewhere. She just followed. Hannah saw a bridge that was previously covered by the vegetation. Was she suppose to go through that old thing?

Leone began to walk across the bridge, giving it the good old stomp test as he did so, ensuring that it was sturdy enough to hold the woman. He was well aware that he probably was heard by the woman, though he a figured that it would be reassuring for her to know that the bridge had been tested before she had the chance to try it for herself. He waited patiently on the other side, wondering if she would follow.

The EMF sensed how the spirit went through the bridge and Hannah could hear it... stomping? Was he making sure that the bridge was safe? She frowned with honest surprise. That was definitely the most gentle ghost she ever met. She took a deep breath and followed him through the bride. She was definitely weird, she was following a ghost in a lonely swamp but was afraid of a silly bridge? Hannah went through it and reached the ghost, waiting for him to keep leading.

Leone continued to lead the way once the woman was safely across, choosing easy paths through the brush so she wouldn't get too torn up by the pricker bushes. He constantly glanced over his shoulder, making sure that she was still close. They soon came to another body of water. It was shallow, though the mud below was probably eight feet deep. Mangrove and cyprus trees jutted out from the water, as well as their thick tangles of roots. They were clustered close enough together to allow easy enough access to the stable piece of land just ten yards away. A massive mangrove tree sprouted from this island, it's bark missing in a long streak down to about eye level on the thick trunk. He looked at the woman, wondering if she really wanted to get a good look at the ancient tree.

She followed the signal until the spirit stoped. The path had become a little bit more difficult, and they needed to go through more water. And this time, there was no old bridge. The ghost stayed still.
"C'mon, I may hate bridges, but I'm not completely useless." found herself saying to the spirit. It was weird how she felt that situation completely normal.
She approached to the edge of land and made her way stepping on some huge roots and helping herself with the trees. It wasn't really hard, except for the last part, in which she had to climb a tree and jump in the island. She examinated the mangrove tree that stood in there.

Leone watched with his brow raised slightly as the woman began to make her way across the roots. So it was only bridges that had the potential of throwing her off a trail. The island around the massive tree had a peaceful aura surrounding it. He slowly approached the tree, humbled by the fact that it had outlived him. His hand went to the end of the scarred bark, where the lightning had left the tree and entered him all those years ago. He could still feel the charge of the electricity held in the folds of the tree.

Could it be the tree with the 24 lightings? It was amazing to still see it in one piece. A scarred bark seemed to be all the damage that it suffered. She touched it, and felt an odd energy. That mangrove tree held so many misteries that she hoped to solve.
"What happened to you, Leone?" asked to herself, still admiring the survivor of the lightings.

((Alright. I think it's time to get to what I was hoping to get to... His old ability to see ghosts will get transferred over her, via the tree. It'll kinda be like a strong spark that passes from Leone, to the tree, then to your character.))

Leone had been about to pull away his hand from the tree when a sharp pain rose from deep inside of him. He went rigid, feeling the current of power racing through him, then shooting into the tree. He fell back, a soft sound of pain escaping him as he curled in on himself. "W-what... Was that?" He choked out, slowly uncurling. He checked himself, not seeing any injuries. That had never happened before. Was it because of the woman? His gaze flashed her, wondering if she felt anything.

((Awwww yeah))

The energy that came from the tree became more and more intense, until it felt like a huge charge of electricity. She tried to take her hand from the tree at the first second the pain started, but she couldn't. She had no idea how long the feeling extended, probably just for a couple of seconds, but it felt a lot longer to her. The energy entered by her hand and travelled through her whole body, together with a deep and unusual pain that made her groan. When the tree finally released her, she fell. The pain ceased after a couple of seconds and she looked back at the tree trying to figure out what did just happened. Next to it, there was a man. A man that was definetily not there before and that looked from another time. Still on the floor and without taking her sight from him, she moved back until her back crashed into a tree. Then, she just stayed there, too scared to do something.

Leone winced as the woman fell as well, automatically scolding himself for endangering her. But, how was he supposed to know that that would happen. The woman was clearly afraid of something as she scrambled back from him. He glanced over his shoulder, wondering if a gator had come out to investigate. Seeing no threats, the spirit frowned. He carefully got to his feet. The girl's eyes followed his movements, and a realization came over him. "You... See me?" He asked in disbelief. A mixture of wariness and excitement came to him. He couldn't believe it.

She nodded answering his question, without giving it a second thought. "Do not... don't came near me" ordered, still in the floor and pretty scared. She examinated the strange man. He was somewhere in his mid-twenties, with dark hair and blue-grey eyes. Besides, he was dressing something really odd, something from about two centuries ago. Could he be...? No, it was just impossible. In the other hand, the description she read over and over in the papers last night fitted him perfectly. "Who are you?"

Leone took a small step back, putting up his hands to show that he meant no harm to the woman. He was very confused. She hadn't seen him before. Why, or more importantly, how was she seeing him now? He glanced to the tree, attempting to figure out why it had suddenly zapped him. His eyes widened in shock. The tree had taken his power and zapped it into the woman. He looked back to the woman. She seemed to be looking him over, trying to figure him out. She asked him his name, and he hesitated. It was too late to back out of the encounter. He eventually spoke. "Leone Valcrosse. Who are you?"

Last edited:
She took a deep breath trying to calm down. She eventually stood up, without taking her eyes from him. The man didn't mean to Hurt her, and she knew it, but she was still in shock.
"How is that possible?" asked, thinking out loud. "I'm Hannah... Hannah Tyler, and I've been investigating your dead." finally asked. Could he be the ghost that lead her there?

"I know you've been investigating me." Leone stated simply. Wasn't that kinda obvious with all of her actions? "I'm not quite sure how this happened either... I'm guessing that the tree zapped my old ability right out of me, took it, and zapped it into you." He replied with a puzzled frown. This was certainly turning into a weird day.

((Just to make sure, can she touch him?))

Yes, he was definitely the ghost that had been after her since the library. She listened carefully... so, everything the papers said about him being a crazy man who talked to ghost were true, except that he was not crazy after all. She stood up and approached, analysing him. He looked like a normal man, it would be difficult to tell that he was dead if she didn't know it.
"So, now I have the ability to see and talk to ghosts? Every ghost?" asked while a slightly smile appeared on her lips. Wasn't that power the dream of every supernatural investigator?

((She can try, but it all depends on whether or not he wants to be touched or has the energy to maintain a physical form.))

"Every ghost that wants to be seen or heard. Some can't talk, however, and some can be extremely dangerous to those still alive. In other words, some are social, some aren't, and some can be just plain deadly." He explained as he took a cautious step back from the woman as she came closer and began looking at him. He fixed the sleeves of his coat in an effort not to look like her was feeling extremely awkward about it all.

She stoped approaching as soon as she realized he was getting umcorfortable. She slightley smiled at the situation, people always believed that it could only be the other way around.
"Awesome..." she muttered to herself after the explanation. "May I ask what happened to you, Leone? Though it's ok if you don't fell like telling it to a stranger." asked him, trying to not make him any more umcorfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.