Status
Not open for further replies.
He paused and looked out at his class.

"Any questions?"
"Isn't calling yourselves the Order when you follow chaos, I mean, demons, monsters and destruction aren't orderly at all... isn't that like well, ironic or hypocritical? Maybe they should be called the Chaos, unless that name is taken and-" Doreen caught herself, as she'd drawn a lot of attention to herself with her rattling on.

"Well... what was I supposed to say? The only experience I have with magic and tapping is that card game." Squirrel Girl put her hands on her hips and her tail twitched a bit.

@ whomever

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Well... what was I supposed to say? The only experience I have with magic and tapping is that card game." Squirrel Girl put her hands on her hips and her tail twitched a bit.
Lucifer sighed out inwardly. There was one in every class it seemed. At any rate, the time was nearly up. Tactical Initiative was just about over, so he decided to wrap it up.

"Alright, for homework-I'd like a ten page essay on the Order, as well as a personal assessment on the sort of logistics and forces you'd adopt against them on the field. I'll expect it by this Friday and otherwise? Enjoy the rest of your day. Class dismissed."

The students moved off and Lucifer sighed out quietly aloud. Its not that he didn't like teaching, it was good in its own way. A nice, calming counterpoint to the many violent and often deranged missions he found himself on with his partner. But he was ill-used to quiet....Honestly, he felt most at home in the midst of the Rapture incident. But such was the orders and he must obey. So waiting a bit of anybody wanted to talk to him about the assignment first, he'd take a seat on the step of the Basilisk and wait before he left.

Reactions: Takumi
Time passed as it nominally did. Some trainees graduated, others came in. Still more left off, to do their own thing. Roman Torchwick was curiously absent for a while, those who relied on his contacts to pull strings mildly disappointed. Neo soon left as well afterwards, as did others more higher up the command post.

And yet despite it all, life went on more or less, same as it always had. The multiverse wasn't going to save itself. There would always be Akibaharas and Elliots and Bill Ciphers and Handsome Jacks, ready to bring down their brand of villainy for their own petty reasons. Which was the entire reason the Torch existed. They were a light to the shadows, they were the burning spirit of the Coalition, giving up their all.

But....Lucifer sighed deep in his soul as he looked out at the exercise field.

Did they have to keep him cooped up, as a substitute instructor?

He slapped the side of the vehicle and called out to the mixture of students he was teaching today.

"Now THIS is a Basilisk artillery piece! A level of technology that while not too advanced, nevertheless possesses enough power to suffice for our needs in warzones. The Basilisk's main weapon is an Earthshaker Cannon, a 132 millimetre caliber gun that is capable of firing its shells over 15 kilometres at a velocity of 814 metres-per-second, and is fully capable of destroying enemy tanks and fortified structures with a direct hit. The weapon usually fires High Explosive shells but is also capable of firing Incendiary Shells, Smoke Shells, and Illumination Shells. But mostly, her job is to take one of these shells-!"

He gestured to the one next to him for an example.

"-And give someone a REALLY bad day, all the way over yonder. Now what kind of enemies would we be facing, to warrant such a weapon?"

He waited patiently for the cries of various students, each naming some enemy far-fetched as well as grim....Such as the Order with their demons. Or Umbrella with their bio-weaponry, that he and Clare had been investigating before the Rapture incident. The multiverse was full of enemies of all kinds.

Sometimes, you had to even the odds a little and hope for the best. He sighed inwardly again.

At least some of the students were improving. Cadet Ripley for example, was among the loading crew. Good for her. Pity they weren't cleared to fire it, but watching them load the dummy shell in with precision made him happy some were progressing.

@Whoever​
He took his time to answer, stepping aside as the practice crew stood down afterwards. A moment later, he spoke.

"While most crews tend to give their Basilisk some kind of identity- Paint jobs, symbols and the like? I personally would advise you not to paint the shells. There's a chance they'll gunk up the barrel by degrees and frankly, it could be put to better use for the vehicle itself."

More seriously, he added.

"Still- There are very, very few places thankfully that require us to openly field tech like this in the open."

Patting the artillery absently, he continued.

"Those that do, are usually open warzones. Places in which secrecy no longer matters and where we need every advantage we can. Can anyone name the three main areas?"

He pointed to a cowboy looking native american, who had raised a hand before speaking.

"Fallout Prime, the Ashen Front and the Labyrinth."

He nodded.

"Excellent. Now today, we'll just focus on one of those battlefields in particular. The one giving us the most concern."

He paced back and forth, gathering his thoughts. When he was finally ready, he spoke.

"The Ashen Front is currently our most grueling frontline, conducted against the Order- A multiversal cult dedicated the Arch Demon and his memory. Using an array of magic, tapping into dark forces they like to terraform worlds to their own taste, before producing monsters to attack the population in droves. In addition, they favor hiring advanced mercenaries or cutting deals with local warlords- Anything for an advantage. This makes them one of our more dangerous adversaries and honestly, at some point- No matter what branch you go, you may just be called upon to face against them, in one way or another."

He paused and looked out at his class.

"Any questions?"

@Michale CS @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @york @C.T. @Crow @Takumi @Verite @ShiroKyoshi @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Whoever, just adding randomly from le list.​
Lucifer sighed out inwardly. There was one in every class it seemed. At any rate, the time was nearly up. Tactical Initiative was just about over, so he decided to wrap it up.

"Alright, for homework-I'd like a ten page essay on the Order, as well as a personal assessment on the sort of logistics and forces you'd adopt against them on the field. I'll expect it by this Friday and otherwise? Enjoy the rest of your day. Class dismissed."

The students moved off and Lucifer sighed out quietly aloud. Its not that he didn't like teaching, it was good in its own way. A nice, calming counterpoint to the many violent and often deranged missions he found himself on with his partner. But he was ill-used to quiet....Honestly, he felt most at home in the midst of the Rapture incident. But such was the orders and he must obey. So waiting a bit of anybody wanted to talk to him about the assignment first, he'd take a seat on the step of the Basilisk and wait before he left.​
Ruby Rose
@Ringmaster @Others I guess

From the distance, a red blur could be spotted zipping around one of the cannons, looking closer... One might notice a girl popping up out of that blur here and there, in a flurry of red petals, one moment she was hanging off the barrel, the next she was climbing into the seat... It was a difficult act to follow, but from the distsant squealing sounds following by some extroardinarily fast ramblings coming from her direction, one could assume she was gushing about the artillery piece.

A few moments later, Lucifer would be greeted by a wave of red petals floating through the air, and a young looking girl... Perhaps around the age of 15, an oddly young girl to be hanging around on her own, really. Suddenly, in a red blur, she was practically in front of him, clearly not aware of her precarious position as she spoke.

gSgbwGH.gif

"Oooh! Can I have one of these cannons?... Pretty please" She practically squeaked.

Eyup, rather than being a student here, it would appear that she had simply dropped by to admire these bassilisks... And possibly steal one to take home, though one had to wonder how that was well, physically possible given their size.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
Ruby Rose

From the distance, a red blur could be spotted zipping around one of the cannons, looking closer... One might notice a girl popping up out of that blur here and there, in a flurry of red petals, one moment she was hanging off the barrel, the next she was climbing into the seat... It was a difficult act to follow, but from the distsant squealing sounds following by some extroardinarily fast ramblings coming from her direction, one could assume she was gushing about the artillery piece.

A few moments later, Lucifer would be greeted by a wave of red petals floating through the air, and a young looking girl... Perhaps around the age of 15, an oddly young girl to be hanging around on her own, really. Suddenly, in a red blur, she was practically in front of him, clearly not aware of her precarious position as she spoke.

gSgbwGH.gif

"Oooh! Can I have one of these cannons?... Pretty please" She practically squeaked.

Eyup, rather than being a student here, it would appear that she had simply dropped by to admire these bassilisks... And possibly steal one to take home, though one had to wonder how that was well, physically possible given their size.

It was her. Lucifer froze, his back to Ruby as he paused in midstep. He had known this day might someday come- He knew the staff, know some of the people involved here. Nevertheless, he had not been steeled enough. Just hearing that voice was enough to shake him all the way down to his foundations, stirring up memories of a city enthralled and the skies, purple and twisted. Of love and loss, of pain and suffering. Friendships forged in fire and in mutual aide. It had been what...Five years? More? A long time now, since he heard that voice.

But it would take so much more then that, to ever forget Ruby Rose. She was not his Ruby of course....Just as Sabrina wasn't the Sabrina he knew. But.... For the first time in ages, a smile played over his face.

Did that really matter? Affecting a stoic face, he turned around and as though meeting her for the first time, he feigned confusion as he spoke slowly.

"You....Want to keep an artillery piece? What exactly would you do with it?"

Hello my friend. Its wonderful to see you again.

@york

Eyup, rather than being a student here, it would appear that she had simply dropped by to admire these basilisks... And possibly steal one to take home, though one had to wonder how that was well, physically possible given their size.
"Wow! You're fast! And I love your outfit! That's so cool! Do you kick bad guys' butts too, is that why you want the big gun?" Doreen fired off, then remembered - she hadn't seen this person before so she should introduce herself.

"I'm Doreen Green, also known as Squirrel Girl!" She took a deep bow then with one fluid motion she pulled a boom box out of nowhere and started music playing. "I have my own theme song but I'm not the best singer, more of a chitterer, so I found this cool song on one of my multiuniversal trips that explains everything!"

He cleared his throat. Not so much as to clear it, as to indicate he was politely there as he came out of his memories of nostalgia and said calmly after the song.

"Be that as it may, the Basilisk is Torch property for classwork and defense. You may be able to find or steal on the black market other models. But then that'd be illegal and I'd have to arrest you."

He felt a sudden urge to smoke and quelled it. He had an addictive habit already, he didn't need a second. So he settled for a weary sigh aloud and a smile.

"You kids wouldn't want me to go through all that paperwork, would you?"

@york @Michale CS

Ruby Rose

gSgbwGH.gif

It was her. Lucifer froze, his back to Ruby as he paused in midstep. He had known this day might someday come- He knew the staff, know some of the people involved here. Nevertheless, he had not been steeled enough. Just hearing that voice was enough to shake him all the way down to his foundations, stirring up memories of a city enthralled and the skies, purple and twisted. Of love and loss, of pain and suffering. Friendships forged in fire and in mutual aide. It had been what...Five years? More? A long time now, since he heard that voice.

But it would take so much more then that, to ever forget Ruby Rose. She was not his Ruby of course....Just as Sabrina wasn't the Sabrina he knew. But.... For the first time in ages, a smile played over his face.

Did that really matter? Affecting a stoic face, he turned around and as though meeting her for the first time, he feigned confusion as he spoke slowly.

@york

"Wow! You're fast! And I love your outfit! That's so cool! Do you kick bad guys' butts too, is that why you want the big gun?" Doreen fired off, then remembered - she hadn't seen this person before so she should introduce herself.

"I'm Doreen Green, also known as Squirrel Girl!" She took a deep bow then with one fluid motion she pulled a boom box out of nowhere and started music playing. "I have my own theme song but I'm not the best singer, more of a chitterer, so I found this cool song on one of my multiuniversal trips that explains everything!"

He cleared his throat. Not so much as to clear it, as to indicate he was politely there as he came out of his memories of nostalgia and said calmly after the song.

"Be that as it may, the Basilisk is Torch property for classwork and defense. You may be able to find or steal on the black market other models. But then that'd be illegal and I'd have to arrest you."

He felt a sudden urge to smoke and quelled it. He had an addictive habit already, he didn't need a second. So he settled for a weary sigh aloud and a smile.

@york @Michale CS

With light steps and glistening armor, Clare made her way over to her partner and his students, deciding to see how he was faring. Seeing him cause her to smile, just a bit.

Catching the some of what Lucifer caused her to chuckle. She could take a guess as to what was being talked about.

"Hm. That wouldn't be very pleasant, would it, Partner?" she asked.

@Ringmaster @york @Michale CS

• Love
With light steps and glistening armor, Clare made her way over to her partner and his students, deciding to see how he was faring. Seeing him cause her to smile, just a bit.

Catching the some of what Lucifer caused her to chuckle. She could take a guess as to what was being talked about.

Clare.

Lucifer smiled, not so broadly but much less sardonic then before. He turned to look at her and raised an eyebrow, hands in his pockets.

"Absolutely not. Besides, if it came to it I'd dump it all on you anyway."

Evil, evil paperwork...He suppressed a shudder and then asked curiously.

"So where did you just come from? Also, this is Ruby and Doreen."

He gestured in their direction.

@Takumi @york @Michale CS

ab36a8194375cc85722f8520bc889523.jpg

"Hiya! Glad to meet you! I'd do the theme song again but I think that would be repetitive right now so I got a shorter version on my shoes!" Doreen plopped down and showed the soles of her boots.

The left shoe read Eats Nuts and the right shoe read Kicks Butt.

"So, I think that explains it in a nutshell. Ha! Get it? Cause I eat nuts..." Doreen slapped her thigh as her tail wagged.
@Takumi @york @Ringmaster

@york

@york @Michale CS

Clare.

Lucifer smiled, not so broadly but much less sardonic then before. He turned to look at her and raised an eyebrow, hands in his pockets.

"Hiya! Glad to meet you! I'd do the theme song again but I think that would be repetitive right now so I got a shorter version on my shoes!" Doreen plopped down and showed the soles of her boots.

"So, I think that explains it in a nutshell. Ha! Get it? Cause I eat nuts..." Doreen slapped her thigh as her tail wagged.
Ruby Rose
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Takumi @Others?

Ruby sort of got quiet for a moment, before she decided to speak in a more hushed tone.

WElSBYQ.gif

"Suuuuper secret project...!" She whispered.

Though my the overdramtic hand gestures she was making, it was hard to tell if it was something actually classified, or just something she didn't want to tell anyone about... Until it was done, but whatever it was, apparantly required alooot of firepower. Well, fortunately she wasn't stuck in a more awkward pose after her apparant display of secrecy when someone else joined in on the groun. Quickly, she tried to regain her somewhat more casual posture, clearing her throat a little.

hJ2zyTd.gif

"*Ahem*... I mean... Hey! Nice to meet you too!" She said quickly, trying to appear more professional than she actually was.

Despite her best efforts, Ruby was only able to muffle the little giggle at Doreen's pun... It sort of reminded her of her older sister; Yang, as she had a habbit of making puns of similar... Caliber.

• Love
Clare.

"Of course you would find a way to get me to do it. Though, if it will help you out then I would see no problem with it." sge hummed before adding, "As for where I was, I was training. I was also curious about one of the recruits, Ravio's, abilities. It's rather interesting and amusing to watch him try so hard with a sword though he was shaking in his shoes." she replied.

Ruby Rose
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Takumi @Others?

Ruby sort of got quiet for a moment, before she decided to speak in a more hushed tone.

WElSBYQ.gif

"Suuuuper secret project...!" She whispered.

Though my the overdramtic hand gestures she was making, it was hard to tell if it was something actually classified, or just something she didn't want to tell anyone about... Until it was done, but whatever it was, apparantly required alooot of firepower. Well, fortunately she wasn't stuck in a more awkward pose after her apparant display of secrecy when someone else joined in on the groun. Quickly, she tried to regain her somewhat more casual posture, clearing her throat a little.

hJ2zyTd.gif

"*Ahem*... I mean... Hey! Nice to meet you too!" She said quickly, trying to appear more professional than she actually was.

Despite her best efforts, Ruby was only able to muffle the little giggle at Doreen's pun... It sort of reminded her of her older sister; Yang, as she had a habbit of making puns of similar... Caliber.

"Hello to you both. I am Clare." she replied, an amused chuckle escaping her lips. She liked these guys already.

Last edited:
"Hello to you both. I am Clare." she replied, an amused chuckle escaping her lips. She liked these guys already.
"Hi Clare! I can already tell you're going to be fun! HUP!" Doreen leaped to her feet and landed between Lucifer and Clare. "I can see why you are partners too!"

Squirrel Girl turned to Lucifer and quoted one of her favorite movies, Ice Age 2, " Oh yeah! She's tons of fun and you're no fun at all. She... completes you." she said while drawing a heart in the air with her index fingers, which from her perspective, was drawn around Lucifer and Clare.

@Ringmaster @york @Takumi

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Hi Clare! I can already tell you're going to be fun! HUP!" Doreen leaped to her feet and landed between Lucifer and Clare. "I can see why you are partners too!"

Squirrel Girl turned to Lucifer and quoted one of her favorite movies, Ice Age 2, " Oh yeah! She's tons of fun and you're no fun at all. She... completes you." she said while drawing a heart in the air with her index fingers, which from her perspective, was drawn around Lucifer and Clare.

@Ringmaster @york @Takumi

Clare found great amusement in Squirrel Girl's antics and it showed from the smirk on the Claymore's face.

"Lucifer is definitely the opposite of fun." she replied jokingly.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @york

Status
Not open for further replies.