The top 25 most depressing animes

N

N2AMine

Original poster
According to the website Sankaku Complex...these are the top 25 most depressing animes but the question is..should these be and how many of these have you watched?

The most horrendously depressing anime ever have been solemnly ranked by ashen-faced anime fans in this list, showing most are still reeling from a certain recent magical girl massacre of truly historic proportions.

The ranking:

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2. SchoolDays

3. Grave of the Fireflies

4. Bokurano: Ours

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

6. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

7. BLOOD-C

8. Hell Girl

9. Elfen Lied

10. Inu x Boku SS / Ano Hi Mita Hana

11. 5 Centimeters Per Second

12. Mawaru Penguindrum

13. Yosuga no Sora

14. Umineko no Naku Koro ni

15. Kamisama Dolls

16. Saikano

17. A Dog of Flanders

18. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

19. Fafner in the Azure

20. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

21. Black Lagoon

22. Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

23. Full Metal Alchemist

24. Narutaru

25. Shuffle!

I have seen grave of the fireflies, elfen lied and higurashi no naku koro ni. I think fireflies is a bit depressing but I didn't get that affected of it, mostly because I didn't like the style it was made in xD I mostly got disturbed on the way it was sketched so I can't remember the plot. Elfen lied is a bit depressing and dark but in a really cool way. Higurashi no naku koro ni, I don't think it is depressing at all xD haha Mostly because I like when people get killed like that xD *heartless I know* The first season mostly confused me when everyone died and suddenly a new story started with the same people and a new death xD The second season explained so much more so I don't think it got depressing before the second season when that blue haired girl started to explain what happened. x)

I have seen some episodes of Tokyo magnitude 8.0, that one is depressing right from the beginning.

Have seen a bit on yosuga no sora, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Umineko no Naku Koro ni and full metal alchemist. I haven't come to any sad or depressing parts in any of them (I will finnish watching them xD But I don't find the time right now)

I really think that rainbow: nisha rokubou no shichinin should be on that list, that anime is depressing almost threw the whole thing :o It is way more sad and depressing than elfen lied or higurashi no naku koro ni

Right Now I am going to lis one that I don't see on there...I am he Queen of Depressing Animes! I love Angst and All around Blood gore, and seeing anime characters (generally attractive Male characters...I thrive on Angst....Mmmm...) being depressed. But I had to mentally prepare myself for this anime and afterwards made me want to Shoot myself or slit my wrists...>.> I had to stop watching it. Title...? Gungrave...=w=

The main character basically looses everything for nothing. In the end he had NO ONE there for him, lost everything, worked hard to get to where he got to in his job field then of which he is murdered (By this I mean Shot and shoved out of an glass Elevator near the top floor of a TALL building) by this guy who for all the years he was there for pretended to be his Best Friend. Then he was basically brought back to life to exact his revenge and then Dies again. Plus he dosn't get the girl he loved...=_____=

This is just one for me...no happy ending for anyone but the Character who dosn't deserve it...>.>