The Tomorrow Men [OOC/Characters]

Name: Akiko Tanaka
Alter-Ego name: Kousoku which translates to "Lightspeed"
Allegiance: Freelance?

Powers:
  • Teleportation: Akiko can teleport herself or anything she touches anywhere in an instant. There is no need for vehicles, trains, airplanes or portals for her. With a poof she has gone to where she wants to go, within certain limits of course.

Skills and Abilities:
Akiko has fast reflexes and is an amateur in knife fighting and throwing. She is also bilingual in Japanese.

Weaknesses:
  • Electricity: Electricity can stop Akiko from teleporting, effectively trapping her in one spot until the electricity is removed.
  • As long as it has been seen: Akiko can only travel to places she has seen. She doesn't necessarily have to see it physically, a photograph will do just fine, but if she does not have a very clear picture in her head, then she can't teleport.
Appearance:
DnsSQYx.png

Akiko is 5'3" and is 114 pounds. She has long brownish-black hair, bangs, and deep brown eyes. Her superhero outfit consists of a holster in which to carry her knives, jeans, and midcalf boots, a grey T-shirt, fingerless gloves and a light leather jacket

Brief History: Akiko first discovered her powers when she was six years old while playing hide and seek with a few friends of hers. Her parents, baffled by the abilities displayed by their daughter, exhausted all possible resources to figure where her abilities came from, with the only lead coming from when she was hospitalized for salmonella at the age of three. After that, there was no more progress in discovering where her abilities came from. Until she moved out of her home at 17, Akiko's parents kept her abilities hidden from the public eye, urging her as much as possible not to reveal her abilities. When she left, Akiko began to fully utilize her powers, teleporting and traveling the world, before finding an apartment to use as homebase and earning money through odd jobs whenever she travels.

A good name for a hero group would be The League Of More-Than Ordinary People

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Name: Terro (Gonna try to find a better name)
Alter-Ego name: None
Age: He is older than the Big Bang (I dont want to spark controversie on other's beliefs on how old the earth is)

Allegiance: The Tomorrow Men ( an alleigiance of villains that wish to re-make the earth for their own purposes)

Powers: He can controll the elements since he was the one to bring them to the earth (elements are : fire, water,air,earth, ice and electricity)

Skills and Abilities: The Ability to summon the 6 Element Giants (fire, water,air,earth, ice and electricity)

Weaknesses: The purple gem in the center of his chest

Appearance: He is the tallest Elemental Giant as big as The World Trade Center and his other giants are half the size. His right Arm is made out of unbreakable stone (Well his whole body is made out of it but surronded by other elements) and his other smaller arm is made out of water surrounded by electricity his legs surronded by ice and face is fire.

Brief History: Even before the big bang there were two immortal beings, The Creator and Terro. The Creator and Terro created earth and populated it with Humanoid creatures. but then when Terro say what they were doing by destroying nature he killed of every thing, The Creator banished Terro and his 6 elemental giants to a prison dimension so that when the new earth is done forming Terro will have learned his lesson. But now he is free and seeing that history is repeating its self he once again calls his Giants to wreak havoc on the world.

PS: K-9 if you aprove please respond

I think Terro seems like a bit too high-level of a villain for things. At least, the impression I get from "older than the universe, interacted with a/the Creator entity, controls/created the Aristotelian elements" is that this guy is more a cosmic-level threat. At the moment, that's a lot stronger than I think we need in villains.

He's got potential, but still needs work, I'd say.

I should make some villains, and possibly heroes of my own. Sorry I haven't really gotten around to it, yet.

I think Terro seems like a bit too high-level of a villain for things. At least, the impression I get from "older than the universe, interacted with a/the Creator entity, controls/created the Aristotelian elements" is that this guy is more a cosmic-level threat. At the moment, that's a lot stronger than I think we need in villains.

He's got potential, but still needs work, I'd say.

I should make some villains, and possibly heroes of my own. Sorry I haven't really gotten around to it, yet.

Thanks, i have another villain in mind

Name: Amy McBrown
Alter-Ego name: The Oracle
Nationality : Brittain
Allegiance: The Tomorrow (A group of villains that wish to forge their universe and ours to make a new one where only people with powers live)

Powers: Telekinesis, Aquakenisis (can control water), Pyrokinesis, Teleportation ,Telepathy and can make Forcefields

Skills and Abilities: Master in Kenjutsu, Judo and Karate. She was a neuroscientist

Weaknesses: When using her mind abilities after stopping they have to recharge for 2x the time she used them (Ex: She uses Pyrokinesis for 30 seconds she has to recharge it for a minute) and she can only setup a force field for a maximum of 3:00 minutes.

Appearance: She has a black mask with an eye in the middle, a purple hoodie, a purple a silver leather suit (like wolverine's) with a black cape. She also has ginger hair in a ponytail

Brief History: She was a Neuroscientist at Big Mile Corp. where she was trying to find out the key to unlocking the brain's full potential. So she developed a serum and tested it on rats, the results were groundbreaking! the rat's brainwaves increased in a more than positive way. asking her boss for human trials straight away he said that it would take 3 yrs minimum to ensure no one's life was in danger. Amy then toke the serum home to test it on her self and gained her powers. The next day her boss discovered what was done and fired her for breaking the no self test protocol and the no experiments outside of the lab protocol. She then join the villainous group: The Alternates.

please respond again K-9. ;)

Last edited:
Name: Antonio Shong
Alter-Ego name: The Fist
Nationality : Hong Kong
Allegiance: The Tomorrow Men

Powers: Super Strong, Invincible , can cause mini earthquakes and can jump 8 stories high (When in contact with high amounts of adrenaline)

Skills and Abilities: 25 years of fist fighting.

Weaknesses: When the emotions greed anger and sadness take hold his powers come up, when he is calm he is normal.

Appearance: when he's normal he looks like Bruce lee and when he is in his "Super Form" He looks like a skin color hulk

Brief History: Antonio and his family live in a crime ridden city sector of Hong Kong that no police dares to go. His family is forced to live there as They're parent's bank gets robbed where all their money is. He discover his abilities while protecting his sister from gang members. his family knowing about his powers hides him away on an island where he meditates and lives there frequently. He joined The Forgers Of a new World after he discovers there are others with un natural powers.

Last edited:
You know, the strangest thing here is ,why would these guys call themselves "The Alternates," in their own world? I can understand it if it's a name they picked up or started using upon arriving in another universe, but not something they'd always go by.

Not that it's likely to matter outside of the narrative to begin with, but I'd say the Oracle's recharge drawback would probably work better the other way around, so it would require a rest of twice as long as a power's use.

As for the Red Fist (whose name really seems like it could work as a national hero of the People's Republic, if we want to make some blatantly silly nod to communism), what constitues a large amount of adrenalin? Would the natural heightened amounts produced by the body by, say, a fight or flight response be suitable? Or does the guy have to do something like carry around automatic injectors loaded with the stuff to get the proper dosage?

You know, the strangest thing here is ,why would these guys call themselves "The Alternates," in their own world? I can understand it if it's a name they picked up or started using upon arriving in another universe, but not something they'd always go by.

Not that it's likely to matter outside of the narrative to begin with, but I'd say the Oracle's recharge drawback would probably work better the other way around, so it would require a rest of twice as long as a power's use.

As for the Red Fist (whose name really seems like it could work as a national hero of the People's Republic, if we want to make some blatantly silly nod to communism), what constitues a large amount of adrenalin? Would the natural heightened amounts produced by the body by, say, a fight or flight response be suitable? Or does the guy have to do something like carry around automatic injectors loaded with the stuff to get the proper dosage?
I've made some major changes for The Alternates.

Name: Faith Ray
Alter-Ego name: The Air Shifter
Allegiance: Freelancer

Powers: She needs 15 seconds to make anything she wants out of the oxygen around her. She change the oxygen molecules into another type of molecule. It doesn't work vice versa. She can also control the wind as long as it's already moving.

Skills and Abilities:
She is very creative and imaginative. Talented in sketching. Long attention-span.

Weaknesses: Over-active imagination. A big sucker for sweets.

Appearance: She has long dark brown hair that she keeps in a low ponytail with long bangs over her forehead with brown eyes.She wears jeans and a white blouse that's tucked in along with a gray cardigan and black flats everyday. Her superhero outfit has sky blue sneakers, a white sleeveless top, white knee-highs, and a black skirt. She wears a black mask covering her mouth and lets her hair down too.

Brief History: During her time in school,her teachers would always find her with something new. They thought she was stealing items from other children and sent her to the principal's office every time. They could never trace it back to whose it was. Her parents thought the same thing until age 9 where they saw her creating new dolls to play with her old ones. They managed to put two and two together and decided they would take her to the doctor. The doctors found nothing wrong with her but all they said was not to create new items it might be dangerous. She followed that rule until age 18. When she moved out and created new furniture. She was kind enough to not counterfeit money and makes her living as a toy maker.

Last edited by a moderator:
R-9, I'd love to support this RP, but at the moment I'm not at a point where I can juggle all the RPs that I still do, so I'm holding off for now, sorry about that.

R-9, I'd love to support this RP, but at the moment I'm not at a point where I can juggle all the RPs that I still do, so I'm holding off for now, sorry about that.
That's cool. Thanks for the heads-up. I hope the games you are juggling do well.

Name: Faith Ray
Alter-Ego name: The Air Shifter
Allegiance: Freelancer

Powers: She needs 15 seconds to make anything she wants out of the oxygen around her. She can also control the wind as long as it's already moving.

Skills and Abilities:
She is very creative and imaginative. Talented in sketching. Long attention-span.

Weaknesses: Over-active imagination. A big sucker for sweets.

Appearance: She has long dark brown hair that she keeps in a low ponytail with long bangs over her forehead with brown eyes.She wears jeans and a white blouse that's tucked in along with a gray cardigan and black flats everyday. Her superhero outfit has sky blue sneakers, a white sleeveless top, white knee-highs, and a black skirt. She wears a black mask covering her mouth and lets her hair down too.

Brief History: During her time in school,her teachers would always find her with something new. They thought she was stealing items from other children and sent her to the principal's office every time. They could never trace it back to whose it was. Her parents thought the same thing until age 9 where they saw her creating new dolls to play with her old ones. They managed to put two and two together and decided they would take her to the doctor. The doctors found nothing wrong with her but all they said was not to create new items it might be dangerous. She followed that rule until age 18. When she moved out and created new furniture. She was kind enough to not counterfeit money and makes her living as a toy maker.
thats a cool story but how did she make these things, its not in her powers. I guess she may have sketched but how did she make them appear?

Ya may want to consolidate players and their chars onto a list in a post later, @R-9 Pilot
Done. With more to be added as needed, of course.

Although not a character, here's a villainous(?) organization.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis began as something of a government project to study and investigate superhumans. Its original goals were to simply study and categorize metahuman abilities and assess them in terms of potential threat and usefulness. As things progressed, it quickly expanded its scope to isolating origins of abilities, artificially creating them, and otherwise producing new superhuman beings through various means. It was officially shut down once the excesses of its leaders were made known, but a majority of those leaders and other like-minded individuals went underground to continue their work.

Simply put, Chrysalis has the following main goal: the guided evolution of humanity into a more perfect being. They have a number of expert scientists in fields such as genetics, genetic engineering, biotech, and cybernetics. Although, as something of a shadow organization ,their members have to trade secrecy for freedom to experiment without moral or ethical constraints. Bay and large, Chrysalis continues to exist mostly through underground or illegal sources of funds. They do a brisk business on the black market, with new drugs and cybernetic enhancements for those willing to pay top dollar for a more than human edge. Their more capable and independent creations are also sent out either as mercenaries or directly for the organization itself.

Hi, im gonna need at least 2 more villains for The Forgers of a new World so if anyone is interested just go and ill check it out.

No problem!
Just let me fill out a character sheet, quick.

Also; are we still going to do the 'evil twin from an alternate universe' thing, or is that idea going to be scrapped?