1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Recently, I've been setting a hard weekly deadline for my role-players. It follows my timezone and is the same for everyone.

It's been working alright, but someone pointed out to me that it could be somewhat inconvenient for people who aren't in my timezone. For example, if I say the deadline is 23:59 my time, that would be 11:59 for others, leaving them fewer hours in the day to respond. It was suggested that I change the deadline dependent on people's timezones, so that the deadline would be 23:59... wherever you live, and not just in my area.

I have reservations about this since it might just make things more confusing for people (also me, because timed GM posts), but I'm undecided because at the same time I can see its benefits. Any opinions/suggestions?

Reactions: Bubs
In my opinion, you're the GM. If you set certain limits than that's up to you and your preference. As long as the rules are posted ahead of time then whomever joins the RP should take the time limit into account. If you're not ok with the time constraints then perhaps this isn't the RP for you. I guess go with the majority. If most of the players can reply with no issues then I see no reason why you should change it for a select few.

Reactions: Ardent
Super easy fix: make it an 8 day deadline based on your time zone so everyone has 7 full days in their time zone to post. Less pretty on a calendar, but it'd work with minimal changes.

• Useful
Reactions: Ardent and Greenie
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm going to ask the other role-players if they're experiencing the same issue and make my final decision from there. I'll probably just extend the deadline if ever.