The Ties That Bind

<b>Shade Hotel, Penthouse Suit</b> late afternoon / early evening
<div style="border: 2px dashed; padding: 8px">
Gunther finished his shower and toweled himself off, getting into a suit exactly the same as the one he had taken off a few minuets earlier, finishing off by sliding the Beretta M9 into its holster. He walked into lounge and was surprised to see Hans dressed in a n open-collar shirt and pulling on a jacket, his hair still slightly wet, it was obvious he had also cleaned himself.

"There you are, I was thinking we could take a drive, to see what this town has to offer. After that we could come back and see if the foods any good, that is if we don't eat out."

"Yes Hans, I will get your car brought to the front."

"I was thinking we could just take the SUV, I'm sure you have no problem with that. Hans said with a small grin, Gunther had often insisted he ride in his muscle-wagons, but this was the first time Hans had suggested it. I have already arranged for it to be sent to the front.

Gunther blinked, but wasn't going to argue, Hans for once was doing things his way. Though he was probably thinking up some was to use it to make a big entrance wherever they where going.
</div>

Cemetary; Early Afternoon
[BG="black"]
A holy light seemed to shine in Chanelle's direction as Flarecia stated that she was currently in between contracts and, more interestingly, without an agent. She smiled warmly at the young girl at the thought of the thousands of dollars her young, pretty face would make for her agency and the free publicity too.

Flarecia caught her mother's eyes as they darted towards her warningly for the reply, but the anger quickly faded as she turned to their little group, "Good Afternoon Ladies, I'm glad to see you all in good health." Mrs. Walker spoke softly and smoothly, pronoucing each syllable with a delicacy rare to someone of her age. She smiled, then, at Chanelle and Violet, thinking of all the possibilites why a reporter and a fellow famous model were speaking to her daughter. "Ah, Chanelle, lovely to see you," Mrs. Walker cooed, blowing her a kiss dramatically, "Sad that we should meet at such an event. Truly we should all get together more often. I'm certain Flarecia will take a liking to your dear daughter."

"Yes, I would love that." Flarecia added, just as her mother expected her to.

"Certainly sad, yes and quite unfortunate," She agreed with a sad smile though when she next spoke her expression changed into a strained annoyance, "Ah, Amelia," a taut smile stretched across her face then she promptly skipped the subject of the daughter and continued, "Well, it would be nice to get together by the pool and have a few drinks and a long chat."

The tall ex-model paused then added, "I know... how about you both meet me after work at the studio on a Saturday and then we can have drinks and conversation by our pool? I think the weather should be a little warmer then."

"And you too," Chanelle quickly added remembering that Violet was still standing there with them. It wouldn't be good PR to completely ignore a reporter and Chanelle didn't want any kind of bad rumours to go anywhere near her beloved company. "Feel free to drop by, Violet. It's an open invitation," she smiled, "My home is more than accommodating to a few guests."
[/BG]

<b>Koblenz, Capital of Rhineland</b> Royal guard Sargent's office
<div style="border: 2px dashed #ff0000; padding: 8px;">
A closed envelope was handed to the Sargent, it contained confidential information he had requested. The sheets of paper didn't dear the usual markings of an official document, there was just a list of names along with a small snippet of information and a picture for each one.

The Sargent examined each one, the names of all the members of the press of Emmerson. At last he found someone that looked suitable:Violet Stilwell, someone low enough to grab at the opportunity he was about to offer, and according to the file had given a low-ranking ambassadorial staff member a little trouble during an official visit to the city.

Yes she would do, but, he checked his watch, the prince was most likely out at the moment, so things could wait a little longer.</div>

Raphael Devereux

"I'd let you get drunk before I let you touch a cigarette."

Raphael stared straight ahead, a secret smile playing across his lips as Ember reacted with the indignation and disapproval he'd expected. Well, that was one dilemma solved. His mood perked as he fell into the familiar comfort of bantering with his band partner and was reminded of all that awaited him in the present.

And what of ghosts from the past? They are no more.

As they left behind the grim scene of Jeremiah's funeral, and walked up to their rented car, Raphael straightened suddenly and threw all thoughts of Jeremiah's death and his mother's unfulfilled wishes to the back of his mind, to be mulled over and examined only in the cover of darkness. Daylight awaited!

"Em," he started, feeling his mood rise, as it always did when he thought of his music, "I have been thinking of expanding Les Miserables audience beyond Europe." It was a point he had discussed with himself for a while now. A primarily European market was easier to manage than an market that included an overseas audience. Trends were different.

And the pressure to conform would be greater. He didn't want to sacrifice their indie roots for a bigger audience. But they'd become musicians to be heard. All over the world, not just Europe and France.

"What do you think? We can discuss over ice cream," he gave her a small grin, and added,"my treat," as an apology for his previous moodiness. "And you can drive, too." He threw her the keys and a wink.

A small crowd gathered over the boy laying in the street as an older gentleman got out of his sedan and looked down at Iann.

"He.. he came out of no where... No damn it I sware.. " he was talking into his bluetooth with his lawyer. Rather than calling 911 he called his lawyer.

Looking around at the people that were staring but doing little else his mouth felt dry as he tried to talk.

"Does he belong to you?" he asked a woman that was near by but she with drew from the sene and stepped back onto the side walk.

"Will someone call 911, oh my god I think I killed him." The man exclaimed and then quickly changed to prevent incriminating himself further.

"What I mean is I hope its not dead.. wait what? Slow down I cant understand you" the man said as he fixed his tie in the reflection of his hood.

Some how in the distance the soft scream of an aide unit drew louder and louder as woman bent down and looked at Iann. He seemed to have a cut on his head and a badly broken arm, but it was hard to tell as the paramedics came rushing over.

"Step aside mame, step aside." they checked Iann and got him stable enough and started to wheel him to the ambulance.

For a very breife moment Ianns eyes flickered and he thought he saw his mom. He tried to rise his hand to touch her face but it hurt to much and he screamed in pain.

"AHHHHHHHHH GOD!!!!" his voice cracked a bit and gave away his young age. The paramedics smirked and closed one door and then went to shut other but the woman in the crowd stopped them. Looking in she smiled at the weak and broken boy.

"Its okay sweety, you'll be okay" was all she said before they yanked the door from her grasp and headed out.

"Hey lady that your kid?" a traffic cop spotted the woman and shouted to her as he got the cars moving again on the street. She shook her head and stepped back. "then beat it! " he snapped as cars were backing up all over the place.

Another cop was taking the mans statement as best as they could since the man refused to hang up with his lawyer.

Iann was driven to Emmerson Medical Center and admitted under John Doe.

[bg=#567E3A]
Flarecia Jennifer Walker

"And you too," Chanelle quickly added remembering that Violet was still standing there with them. It wouldn't be good PR to completely ignore a reporter and Chanelle didn't want any kind of bad rumours to go anywhere near her beloved company. "Feel free to drop by, Violet. It's an open invitation," she smiled, "My home is more than accommodating to a few guests."

Flarecia grinned, tapping her index finger on her chin cutely, "Sounds great!" she exclaimed cheerily. She put a hand on her hip, watching as her mother's face lit up with what she could assume was the same delightful excitement Chanelle had just poured upon her with that first smile. "Of course, we'll be looking forward to it. Now if you will excuse me, I shall see you then." Mrs. Candice Walker was quite direct when she was finished speaking. She strode past them in the direction of another rather rich looking family by a tree. The woman walked as though she were gracing the King's presence upon a ballroom floor rather than the slightly soggy grass and paved cement of a graveyard.

She could finally get away! After all the sugary conversation, Flarecia glanced around for a moment, and then waved at the two of them before bounding off in the direction of her father. Although not as graceful as her mother, Flare had the energy of a spirited youth. She spun around when she reached her father, dressed smartly in a black suit and tie. She watched his troubled expression as he listened to something on his bluetooth, his hand on the little piece on his ear. Busying herself with adjusting the white rose in his breastpocket, Flarecia wondered what the bad news could be about. Her father rarely seemed so distressed.

"Daddy.." She whined as soon as she knew he was done, "I want to go home." She was beginning to get fidgety and bored in this place. She'd still have to think of whether or not she liked the idea of joining Mackintosh Models and she hadn't yet found anyone suitable enough for being her partner in crime, either. Not that she had gotten the chance to look. What she needed right now, Flarecia mulled, was to get away from her mother. She couldn't think when the woman was constantly keeping her on hawk alert.

"Pleaseee..." She pleaded, "I want to go home. Mother's going to take forever... Can I take your car? She asked, hoping that she could take advantage of his troubled exterior. If something was bothering him, Flarecia knew it would be easier to get her way. She hated manipulating her father like this, but it was her fault that her mother had such a huge dominance over issues concerning her.

Her father looked at her and then glanced in the direction where his car was parked. He seemed a little uncertain at first. He'd just bought the new sportscar recently and Flarecia had just gotten her learner's permit. Of course, there was always the thought of her bnot supposed to be driving alone, but no one ever followed the rules anymore, did they ?

Flarecia pouted. She could imagine that he was balancing his pros and cons like a true buisnessman. She couldn't afford to lose to his logic, "Daddy, if it's so difficult, I'll just take the limo and the driver. You can take Mother home, right ?" She asked hopefully. Her father explained that he had a buisness meeting afterwards and Flarecia took her chances,

"You can take mom with you! It'd be perfect! Please and thank you!" She jumped for the keys he had hesitantly taken out. Her father reluctantly handed them to her, giving her usual lectures of be careful and don't stay out too late. Apparently, he'd seen right through her, 'I want to go home' scheme. She grinned, kissed him on the cheek and dashed towards the driver waiting by the limo. Just as she tossed him the keys, Flarecia could almost swear she'd seen her mother shake her head at the sight of her daughter running like a wild creature across a graveyard.

She grinned. It was time for some fun !

[/bg]

It delighted Ember to see that Raphael was already perking up. Her eyes lit up when he brought up touring beyond Europe - A stronger sign he was letting go of his guilt. At least for now...

"Definitely something to discuss." She replied, calmly as usual.

She returned the wink to him, her long fingers curling slowly around the keys after they were caught into her palm. Ember looked down to the fist, appearing deep in thought. She absently chewed at her bottom lip, an image of a crowd cheering for Les Miserables. As a camera she was focused on made its flash, the concert room of people, lights, darkness and music all turned into her strict, angry father. The back of his hand making its way to the side of her face because she had been out playing music instead of sitting in her room, studying.

Ember's eyes blinked as the punishing hand grew closer, able to stop herself from experiencing the memory any further. She touched her cheek, her face growing white while the other hand worked on unlocking the door.

'Why am I thinking about that?'

Smiling meekly, she touched the switch that unlocked the rest of the doors so Raphael would be allowed in. The key was jammed into place, turned to start the car...

"Just let me know if I need to make any stops along the way."

[bg=#2F2B30][dash=#5D4463]Violet Stilwell

"I think I might just do that." Violet replied to Channelle's offer with a smirk. Though she had remained silent while the women were talking, she was definitely making mental notes. You could learn a lot when people forgot you were listening!

Of course in this case, competitive models wasn't exactly high on her "interesting" list. Violet wanted to speak with Flarecia but that ship came and went.

Bidding her goodbyes to the ladies as each one left, Violet jumped as her cellphone buzzed. She dug it out and checked the text message.

PRINCE AT SHADES. GO! GO! GO!

"Haha!" She kissed the phone! Her little helper was so useful! Time to sidetrack and catch herself an interview! Violet rushed off for the hotel.
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

"Look child, he's not well. Its best not to trifle with things beyond your, ah how shall I phrase this, ah yes.. beyond your means."

Harsh...! The old woman rolled up the car window and the car drove off, leaving Yvaine to stand there feeling awkward. She couldn't remember anyone saying something so nasty to her. Worse yet, she was just as vicious to Iann and it was probably her own fault.

Yvaine wandered back to her father with a grim expression and tugged on his sleeve. "I'll be in the car with Jonas and Milian." she interrupted softly. Afterwords, she stalked back to the car and plopped down in to the passenger's seat looking entirely depressed.

"SOOOO BOOOOORRRREEEED." wailed Jonas from the back seat. "What's taking so long?"

"Dad's talking to someone." replied Yvaine.

"If you get a pony for your birthday, can I have it, Yva?" asked Milian.

"Uh huh." Yvaine said, not really paying attention. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to have dinner with Mr. Mackintosh and Iann's grandmother if the woman hated her so much. It'd be really awkward.

[/bg]

<b>Shades Hotel</b> Penthouse elevator
<div style="border: 2px dashed">
Against Gunther's skin the satellite phone began to vibrate, in a smooth motion he pulled it out, flipped it open and put it to his ear.

Operations, you will be contacted by a reporter by the name of Violet Stilwell, you are to allow her to interview the prince. She is allowed to ask any question, the Sargent is contacting her now. the line went dead and Gunther slipped the phone back under his jacket. What was the leader of the royal guard doing authorizing interviews?

The elevator doors opened to reveal the hotel lobby, outside the the doors a Chanel 5 news van was visible and the reporter from the airport was arguing with the receptionist. But seeing the pair emerge stood strait and and making sure her hair was strait walked towards her

"Rachel Collins Chanel five, I was wondering if we could have another word."

Rachel Collins... Gunther though, not Violet Stilwell "I'm sorry the Prince does not with to be bothered at this time."

"This will only take a few moments of your time"

"No interviews at this time, this is a personal, not a diplomatic trip."

The bodyguard looked around for hotel security to help out, but they where strangely absent.

Gunther, I say we have super a little early. Hans said in german walking past them both into the hotel resturant.

"Hans could you comment.."[/color Rachel began to say holding a recorder out, but before she got further a large hand seized the device and twisted it from her grasp breaking it in the process.

"I'll sue you for that." Rachel shouted at the back of the bodyguard as he followed Hans.
</div>

<b>Koblenz</b>
<div style="border: 2px dashed #ff0000">
The Sergeant phoned Violet's number and waited for her to pick up, when she did he spoke slowly and clearly. "The Prince of Rhineland is in Emmerson, you are granted an interview, any questions are allowed. His bodyguard has been briefed to allow you access by the sergeant of the guard." without waiting for her to respond or giving any further information he hung up. If she really was the kind of person he wanted she would already know where the Prince was staying.
</div>

Enough time had passed from when Wilks had figured the kid ran off and that by now his grandmother Iris would be livid with his little act. So the driver used it as ammo and went inside the resturant after some noise a few blocks away held up traffic. Wilks gave it not another thought as he flashed a fake smile to the doorman and went inside to find Iris.

He found her at long table with a few drinks already in her. She was talking to a few people he didnt know and didnt care to talk too. He went to her side and spoke into her ear as the others acted like they werent paying him any attention.

"Ah, the boy want to go home so I take him and come backs okay." Wilks slight accent always bothered Iris but once she had a few drinks she didnt care. She thought maybe he was tried and she wasnt in the mood for dealing with his attitude anyway.

"Yeas yeas fine take him home I dont care, just be back in an hour or two alright." She snapped. Her mind was racing as thoughts of Willis raged again and a dirty smirk replaced the smile. Sipping her drink she pictured Willis and closed her eyes as she swollowed hard. Maybe things were looking up after all.

Once outside Wilkis looked up and down the street for the kid but didnt see him so he lit up his half spent cigar and got back into the car. He knew he would find the kid some point so he drove the car over to the parking garage and thought he would kill some time by playing spades with the other drivers. It was their hidding place from the rich assholes they had to drive around Emerson. Wilks had no idea where Iann was and he didnt really care. He would turn up so in the meantime he parked the car and got out to talk with his buddies.

RINGRING! Violet nearly jumped out of her skin when her phone rang before she could even put it away. She answered. "Violet Stilwell."

"The Prince of Rhineland is in Emerson, you are granted an interview, any questions are allowed. His bodyguard has been briefed to allow you access by the sergeant of the guard."

"Wah-?" he hung up before she could reply. Dumbfounded she stood there looking at her phone, before letting out a sudden shriek! "AIIEEEE! MINE! MINE! HAHAHA! EAT THAT, RACHEL!"

Of course, by now she was practically outside of Shades and gaining several curious stares. Composing herself, she straightened her clothes and continued on in to the hotel. She entered the building just in time to duck behind a pillar and peer at dumb old Miss Rachel getting her recorder squished with a man's bare hands! Despite her glee at Rachel's failure, that guard-guy was pretty intimidating.

Ha. But she just got a phonecall with permission, right? Unless it was a trick. Holy crap, she hoped it wasn't a prank. Last thing she wanted was her bones broken by a foreign bodyguard.

After waiting for Rachel to leave, Violet was out of her hiding spot and crossing the lobby to follow the Guard and the super cutie Prince to the hotel restaurant. She was still itching to bounce with excited glee, but managed to contain herself as she waited for the men to seat themselves.

Violet approached with as much calmness and serenity as she could muster. "Excuse me, my name is Violet. You don't mind if I sit have a chat for a little while, do you?" she flashed her nicest smile!
[/dash][/bg]

<b>Shades Hotel</b> Restaurant – late afternoon/early evening.
<div style="border: dashed 2px; padding: 8px">"Was that really necessary?" Hans asked as they neared a free table.

"It looked like a gun. I acted on training." Gunther said with a shrug, that was his story even if they both knew it wasn't exact true.

Hans grinned, having a large highly-trained friend who was paid to hang out with you had its uses from time to time. "It takes a lot more than training to break something like that, you must really hate reporters with guns turned assassin. The prince said sitting at the table and accepting a menu from the waiter who had showed up out of nowhere. "do you think she'll be back?"

"Looks like she sent the lackey instead, perhaps shes learned her lesson." Gunther said indicating another woman walking towards them.

"Blue steak. As rare as your chef can make it, with the house tea. I believe its two portions?" Hans said, this time to the waiter, and when Gunther nodded closed the menu. "They never give up, must be desperate for a story."

As she newcomer reached the table Gunther stood, half out of the possible need to escort her away 'gently', half out of politeness. "Violet <b><i>Stilwell</i></b>?" he asked placing emphasis on the surname, and when she nodded he pulled out the chair opposite the prince for her while he himself sat between them.

"The call in the elevator told me to expect her." he explained to Hans in german. "Your uncle wants you to get interviewed by her."

"What? Why? Never mind we'll talk about this later. Though points to him for finding such a cutie." Hans replied also in german. Then he turned to Violet and greeted her using his best german accent. "Hello Violet, I am Hans and this is Gunther Faust. Would you like something to eat during the interview? We have just ordered." He smiled at her as if his and Gunther's conversation had been about the weather.</div>

Iann was restin well in a small room at the end of the hall when a woman came by the nurses station and asked about a boy that had been hit by a car. The nurse looked up at the woman but never really made eye contact.

"last room on the right, you his mom or something lady cuz that kid aint talking so right now his name be John Doe.." the nurse stared at the woman over his thin framed glasses and stopped chewing her gum.

"So you know him or what. We aint got no name no nothing... I mean its like he just popped up out the ground and bang that old cat hit him.." the nurse was about to say more when a more senior nurse came back to the sation and eyed the younger one with a harsh expression.

"Ah that will be enough of that sort of talk Azeria, can you file these and please stop using such language its unbareable.. Now then miss??" The nurse waited for the woman to say something but she was being side stepped by the woman as she went toward the room.

"Ah excuse me.. who are you.. you cant go back there.. excuse me..!" The nurse was now running after the woman as the younger nurse Azeria grabbed the phone and was calling security.

"Yeah fool you better get up in here, this womans gone all like mad crazy.. come on.." and with that she hung up the phone and ran down the hall toward Ianns room.

Back at the parking garage Wilks knew it was time to look for Iann and then get the drunk old bat home. So he said his goodbyes and got into the black bentley and head down the main street thinking he would spot Iann hanging out with some of the other kids on the man ave near the movie theater or the local mini mart but nothing.

Worried Wilks called the hous to see if Iann had gotten a ride home from a friend but nothing. Then he tried Ianns cell phone and that rang in the backseat. Iann must have dropped it. Wilks knew he was in big trouble as incoming call he was getting was from Iris.

"Wilks, were are you I want to go home..hurry up wont you" She snapped and hung up the phone. Wilks had to think fast. Sure he took Iann home and then came back for her, it was perfect. He smiled at himself in the rearview mirror as he pulled up at the resturant. The brat wouldnt dare stay out all night he would sneak back home and no one would know that Wilks had lost him. It was perfect.

Tiffany waited before she responded to Amy's talk of the crowd she hung out with and herself. She would definitely get to it because it was quite unsual and at times something she didn't quite understand. Usually when people would hang out with people like that with their darker shades of clothing and lazy kind of hair styles that they would become like that. Not Tiffany. She would sometimes dress somewhat similar to them but she was still kind of drawn to the first group of friends she belonged to and the girl she was supposedly raised up to be.

Her thoughts were suddenly shifted from that to the tall creepy looking house that stood before them. "We've never been here before. Though it may not seem like it, one of my friends Alicia, she's a coward of places like these. Especially if something rotten is in the house and smells really bad. She would immediately assume it's a dead corpse that could come back to life at any moment. Then one of the guys would say it's probably old man Rivers who hasn't taken a bath in ages and is taking a nap." She said but the whole time she was telling the story she was staring blindly at the house. Never once looking at Amy but giving a slight laugh life and partial smile towards the end.

Slowly turning back to Amy she shrugged her shoulders and attempted to relax. "Before I completely forget I'll answer your question." She said and began to collect her thoughts. She hadn't remembered exactly if Amy had asked or not or it was a statement directed as a question. "I started out as them. You know, the type that sits down to afternoon teas, and as everything pretty much mapped out for them." She paused for a moment and even felt a little more relaxed. "It wasn't until I met Toby Rodgers who met up with me after French class and encouraged me to ditch school. I thought it was one of the most ridiculous ideas and yet also tempting. I went with him and met his friends." She said and paused once again to figure out where to go next. "I learned of the rules and I guess it had been going on for quite some time. Being apart of two different groups to fool the parents and keep to the rules. It's not such a bad thing. It's actually kind of fun. No parents have been able to figure out and that. . .freakin hillarious." She said and eyed the house from the corner of her eye.

"So you've been here before. Wanna go inside?" She said though even she felt something strange and almost wanted to go back to the funeral or at least anywhere but here.

[BG="black"]
With everybody leaving so suddenly, Chanelle quickly found herself all by her lonesome though not without winning a small battle of her own. Getting the reporter to come over was a bit risky but a necessity, however this was completely overlooked by the fact that the Walkers were going to be invited over. Chanelle made a mental note to order in some catering and to have the maid do an extra special clean the night before.

Happy with her mission partially accomplished (for she swore to herself that she will have Flarecia sign that modelling contract even if it kills her to do it), the tall ash blonde woman strode over to her husband who was chatting with a handsome man. She smiled at them as she approached and looped her arm around her husband's, "Hello, gentlemen. I'm so sorry to interrupt your conversation but, erm," Chanelle turned to Willis and added in a slightly softer voice, "Don't you think it's time to go, darling? I think my feet are starting to hurt a little..."
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Willis smiled at his wife and nodded slowly in agreement, then ran his fingers through his stylishly gelled hair. "I do apologise, but... as you can see, my lady is..." He indicated to his wife with a free hand and looked apologetically at Ronald, "But we should be still on for Dinner. At least I hope we are. At the Shades Hotel restaurant? I'll meet you and your nice family there, as well as old Iris and Iann."

Waving and flashing pearly white teeth at the same time, Willis led his wife to the family Mercedes which was parked near the cemetery entrance in all its glory. He turned around and squinted as she scanned the almost empty grave yard.

"Honey, have you seen Amy around? I can't see her anywhere," He asked worriedly. Even though Amy did have a nasty habit of running off and disappearing every now and then, Willis still couldn't help but worry about his only baby girl. Though this sense of parental love wasn't nearly as much shared by Chanelle who replied now out of ear shot of the Emerson community, "Oh, she's probably disappeared... maybe playing around the graves, talking to ghosts. Who knows. She'll find her way home. Lets go home, babe."

Reluctantly, Willis opened the car door and Chanelle slipped into the front passenger seat, while he rounded the other side and started the car. With one last worried look at the cemetery, he put the Mercedes into reverse and headed back to the Mackintosh mansion.
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Amelia smiled as she opened the front gate to the abandoned house and made her way through the overgrown front yard. "Sure, I'll show you around... I've slept over here once to see if it was haunted."

Pushing open the weather worn front door, Amy stepped inside, allowing the dim sunlight streak through the doorway into a large and mostly empty rumpus room. It was covered with dust and bits of leaves and had faded photos in picture frames on the wall.

"Isn't this the greatest? I love this place," She said as she stepped through doorway almost reverently. "So," Amy continued clasping her hands behind her back, "You've got heaps of parent trouble too, I see... though, two groups? I don't know how you can handle it... and I'm doubly surprised at the fact that none of your folks know, especially if one of the groups is my type. You should introduce me to them some time. We could all hang out."

Amy sat down on an old musty couch and in doing so, flushed out a cloud of dust from the gaps between the old cushions. She stretched out then reached behind the back of the couch and pulled out a bottle of Southern Comfort. Unscrewing the nozzle, she pointed the opened end of the bottle to Tiffany, "Do you drink? Sorry, I don't have any shot glasses with me... it's kind of gross to keep stuff like that in this kind of place, especially since there's no water to wash anything with," She smiled as she took a swig of the alcohol then chuckled happily, "I'm such a bad influence, aren't I? Well, that's what my mom gets for being a total bitch. I'll bet she's not even worried about me right now or dad, for that matter."
[/BG]

Iann sat up straight in the bed when he heard the foot steps getting closer and closer. It scared him and he stumbled from the bed and hid in the bathroom locking the door behind him. He had knocked over the Iv stand that was near the bed and then dragged it over the bathroom. It lay on the floor still connected to him when the woman reached the room and looked in.

"Armando?" Her voice was full of worry and fear as the senior nurse tried to grab her arm and missed. The woman looked into the room and took a few steps inside. "Armando?.." Iann was frozen in fear in the bathroom when the nurses reached the woman along with the security.

"Im sorry but you need to come with us miss.." the security got between the nurses as the senior nurse went to the bathroom to check on the patient.

"Mrs.?? you have to leave, you cant just be in here bothering the sick.. you have to leave now... if you are not the childs mother you have to go. The woman nodded and went toward the bathroom. Softly touching the door.

"He was my son, he is no more.." and with that the men lead her out and the she quickly left the hosptital grounds.

"John.. the nurse said into the door.. honey come on out that woman is gone, are alright.. please open the door dont make me get the keys.. come on now.. its alright.. your going to be just fine.."

Iann unlocked the door but didnt come out. The senior nurse opened the door and went to the scared boy inside. Slowly she wrapped her arms around him and helped him get back into bed while the other nurse fixed his Iv.

"lets keep you here over night and everything will be okay.. okay.." Iann said nothing as the nurse gave him comfort that he had never known and didnt want to end. The nurse couldnt help but feel sorry for him as they got everything back in order and set a guard to watch the door just in case.

"Poor thing.. still aint talking huh.." the one young nurse said to the other as she closed the door.

"No he hasnt said a word... and it does bother me.. but their isnt much we can do, Ill contact child services in the morning if no one comes forward looking for him.."

"Yes, Violet Stilwell." she replied to the brute that must have been Mr. Princey's bodyguard. She flashed her candy sweet smile when they offered her a chair, and sat down with all the poise of a grand duchess.

"You really don't have to consider this an interview. More like... a dinner date! I would absolutely love to join you!" Violet responded. To the waiter that was waiting oh-so-patiently, she ordered one of the Chef's Salads and a glass of iced tea.

Once he retreated, she folded her hands on the table, trying to contain the excitement of finally getting a one-up on Rachel. Her investigating the Jeremiah Douglas death could wait one night!

"Have you ever visited the states before? People always seemed to surprise to find life here less dramatic than what they see on TV."
[/dash][/bg]

[bg=#24161A]
Yvaine Bardwin

On the way to Shades, Yvaine was giving her father the silent treatment. She wasn't really meaning to, but the comments from Iann's grandmother really had her bothered. The one great thing about her Dad, though, was that he knew when to not ask a whole bunch of questions. Luckily, Jonas and Milian had him distracted with their own chattering, that Yvaine could spend the ride in silence.

The Shades Hotel was pretty cool, but Yvaine wasn't all that impressed by it anymore. Ronald Bardwin was the Head Chef of the in-house restaurant, so their family practically lived there. A lot of the staff had their own suites in the back bottom floors.

While her father was busy taking Jonas and Milian elsewhere in the hotel to get fed, (the argument was the adult food was GROSS and chicken nuggets HAD to be shaped like dinosaurs), Yvaine entered the restaurant dining room and looked around. She didn't see Iann anywhere, but did catch sight of his Grandmother Iris looking pretty cranky. She supposed Iann was mad at her after all for getting him in trouble.

Yvaine was hesitant to approach her, but she finally got up the courage to talk to Iris. "Um, Ms. Fletcher? Is Iann not coming to dinner?"
[/bg]

Iris was about to take a sip of her gin and tonic but felt someone coming toward her and sure enough it was that girl. She smirked and set her glass down. "hello there darling, where is your father I must speak with him.." she looked beyond the girl in high hopes that she could see Willis before Wilks came to take her home.

She smiled and was nice to the girl for a change. "Come come.. come sit... and about that Iann, I just dont know what to do with him. I think my driver Wilks took him home or some such nonsense. He hasnt shown his face inside this place, and he wants to go to bed hungry thats his buisness." Iris took a sip of her drink and it quickly vanished.

Setting the glass down she smiled and looked at the girl as she also waved for another one. "Now then, how old are you my dear... your hair is so lovely in this light. Bernice, look here, isnt her hair so soft and silky in this light, you must get that from your father." She gushed as she spotted Willis coming in but he had somone on his arm and that was dishearting.

Bernice just smiled and gave the girl a slight nod. She knew Iris was drunk that was the only time she was even half-way nice to people. "yeas its lovely, but where is Iann I thought he said he was hungry.. arent you going to call him Iris just to be sure he is home?"

The family friend looked more concerned then Iris did. "Oh fine B' if it will make you happy." Iris took out her cell phone and dailed Ianns number but it ran and ran endlessly. As Wilks drove he heard it but couldnt reach it to stop it from ringing. He tried but almost hit a mail box.

"hmm odd he isnt picking up.." Iris said as she closed her phone and picked up her glass of happiness and sipped away. "Ah well, Im sure Ill see him once I get home.." she smiled with weak confidenc that what she had said was true.

In his small room Iann thought about that strange woman and what she had called him. Could it really be his mother? He had so many more questions than answers but he was in no condition to just walk out of there. The doctor was going to reset his arm in the morning and put it in a cast. That would suck, he was already in a great deal of pain.

The night seemed very long and very cold as Iann lay in the bed alone, feeling his arm throb.

<fieldset>
<legend><b>Shades Hotel:</b> late afternoon / early evening </legend>
Hans sat back "Well then if this is a date allow me to pay for you." he motioned to the waiter that he would cover the entire bill and finally allowed him to leave. "In answer to your question, I came here a few years ago, not to Emmerson, but to Washington. I toured the capitol, it was most interesting. But I find you have so many monuments for such a young country. And for those television shows, they always overdramatize things, much like our own." he took a sit of the water that had just arrived for him and Gunther to brink while their tea cooled.

Rachel opened the door to the van and pointed over her shoulder with her thumb, soon she reentered the lobby with her cameraman in tow. " This is Rachel Collins reporting from the Shades Hotel where the crown prince of Rhineland is currently staying. He appears to be having dinner with his bodyguard and a young woman. Oh.. It can't be. VOILET YOU UPSTART BITCH!" she said losing her famous composure. She stormed into the restaurant towards the table where they sat cameraman still following. "Excuse me for a moment." Gunther said standing. "I believe I have work to do. he walked quickly intercepting Rachel

"Ma'am you are disturbing the diners. And I remember expressly asking you to respect the prices privacy." he said calmly blocking her path.

"OUT OF MY WAY BIG BOY! she shouted "IF YOU CAN LEY <i>VIOLET MISS UPSTART</i> INTERVIEW THE ROYALY YOU CAN LET ME TO A PROPER JOB" she stepped part him and continued towards the pair. Big mistake, a single hand caught her on her back and pressed her face against a nearby table. "LET GO OF ME YOU APE! IT WON'T STAND FOR THIS PRISSY LITTLE COW…. she said no more as she was picked up roughly and carried out before being half thrown onto the news van.

Gunther returned a few seconds after leaving and took his seat, " Umm.. Violet, Greg, the cameraman asked me to give this to you. And the message 'I hope you enjoy this' he gave her a cassette tape, fresh from the camera with a large smile. "Now I believe you where asking the prince questions"</fieldset>

[BG="black"]
Chanelle entered the Shades Hotel restaurant, linked arm in arm with her husband, as she spotted a strange commotion coming from the far end of the restaurant. From what she could see, a big brutish man was on his way out carrying a screaming woman waving her reporter's microphone madly in the air on his shoulder.

Her gaze followed the direction where the brutish man had originally come from and saw a rather handsome looking young man sitting with... Violet?

So, that's where she ran off to... Chanelle thought to herself, wondering who the young man was. He seemed familiar somehow though she couldn't quite place a name.

"Honey, who's that over there? He looks so familiar..."
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
Willis turned to look at where his wife was pointing and noticed a young looking man sitting with a pretty young woman. "I... yes, I think he's a royal prince. I've read about him once in Time Magazine though I've forgotten most of the article. I didn't think he'd look so young in real life."

Willis made a final glance toward the young prince and his acquaintance, then steered the both of them toward Iris' table where a friend, seemingly Iris', was seated. Yvaine was standing nearby looking rather Timid.

"Yvaine, young lass, sit down! Sit down!" He said heartily with a big smile directing to a chair beside him and his wife. "Where's your father?"

After waiting for a reply, he turned to Iris with a big dashing smile and joked, "Why, Iris - seems like you started the party before us! How many bottles have you gone through already?" He chuckled then gestured toward his wife beside him, "Oh, by the way... I'm not sure if you two have met but this is my wife, Chanelle. Chanelle, this is Iris Fletcher."

Of course, Chanelle knew everything about the old money family and she sweetly smiled at the old woman, nodding her head slightly in greeting, "Pleased to meet you Iris."

Willis chuckled again then nodded toward Iris' friend sitting nearby, "And who might this beautiful lady be?"

Charming as always, Willis sat back and waited for a response while he called a waiter over and ordered some wine for the adults, and fruit juice for Yvaine.
[/BG]

[BG="black"]
While sitting by and watching the conversation, Chanelle turned and observed her surroundings. Violet was still interviewing his royal highness (though Chanelle thought that she was flirting way too much for a reporter and that the prince was being more cordial than necessary) but there wasn't much else going on. Until she spotted an elder gentleman seated with a young, pretty woman. No... a young pretty girl.

Mori, Chanelle thought to herself recognising the man from the funeral earlier that day. She had never spoken to him but knew of his friendship with Jeremiah. Jeremiah... the words burned in her mind and she felt the heat rise from her body in pure anger. And now, this Mori was charming the young girl just as Jeremiah had done to her and ruined her life.

Excusing herself from the table, Chanelle strode over to the table where the two were sitting and squeezed out a false smile at the college professor. "Mori," She cooed, "You left the funeral rather early today," Chanelle gestured to Chrissy and added with a tone that could kill, "And who's this young lady? Your niece?"
[/BG]