The Thoughts that Keep You Awake at Night.

L

Levusti

Original poster
What thoughts keep you guise awake at night?

Sometimes, I look outside my window into the trees and I wonder if there's someone there who is secretly spying on me with a really really really good telescope and then I start making faces at the window juuuuust in case someone is.

I think I spend more time fantasizing about what dreams I am going to have than I do dreaming.

I wonder sometimes if there is anything in this world that is not "all-natural." Because technically, everything comes from SOMETHING in nature already, but man just rearranges its atoms and chemistry to make it a little different. So does that mean all the manmade things I know to manmade should be called nature: modified?

Sometimes I wonder why it is that babies can drink out of milk bottles when they are lying down but when I try to, I just get water up my nose.

As you can tell I can't sleep and I have to work again in four hours. I've had a total of no hours of sleep in the last 20 hours.

Reactions: ZombiePenguins
"Is everyone in the world telekinetic and I'm the only one who isn't and everyone can hear my crazy thoughts?"

"Is that noise just some household object or is it a serial killer?"

"Was that creak a serial killer or just the cat?"

"If we evolved form monkeys why haven't they started to evolve into another race of humanoid by now?"

"What if they did and then they took over the humans?"

"What would they even look like?"

Normally I get about 2 seconds away from falling asleep until my mind starts scaring itself. From what was once peaceful and calm is now terrifying and causing me to think the girl from The Ring is right outside my door.

I also tend to stay up thinking about all the awesome dreams I'll have and continue fantasizing about those, which is why I can't fall asleep unless I'm watching some video with people talking to distract me from thinking too hard.

I'll start having an existential crisis in the middle of falling asleep, like, "How did our atoms form from nowhere? Where is nowhere? Why are we here? Are we just some game?" And on and on and on and on...

I'll think of embarassing stuff I did in the past and be like "Whyyyy the heck did I do that?"

Or

I just imagine weird scenarios for things.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I sometimes lie awake at night listening to the sounds our apartment complex makes. Wonder if we have one of those scenarios where a person is living in a crawlspace in our apartment or something.

I have racing thoughts. My brain doesn't turn off unless I do something specific to get it to turn off.

Or I'm so exhausted I shut my eyes and fall asleep.

It sucks. :/

Thinking about money. It's one of the worst before bed things my wife can say: "Are you worried about money?"

Not until you mentioned it. Then it turns into an hour or so fighting off melatonin trying to think of how we're going to get by this month. Which means I fumble with it for the entire time cause I'm atrocious at math and memory with regards to what bills pull when and how much.
Then I check it in the morning and it's still fine and we're in the surplus.

Or it's the dog adjusting between me and my spouse, the cat laying on my pillow with his paw on my nose or somewhere else on my face.

Have terrible insomnia most nights. Take 5mg melatonin every so often to help. Works wonders.

Reactions: Kairia
"Why did I live when others more deserving did not?"

"What's real? Am I real? Is this real? Ah fuck not again..."

"Why always the masquerade? Why must I wear this insufferable thing? Why hasn't humanity advanced sufficiently so as to make wearing this an irrelevancy?"

You just have too much time on your hands, guys :D I'm usually so exhausted these days I just pass out within seconds.

You just have too much time on your hands, guys :D I'm usually so exhausted these days I just pass out within seconds.

I work six days a week and I help take care of a child, I don't have enough time. I also run on five or six hours of sleep a day. I, too, am very exhausted. Even so, that's what I think about because I worry about my family.

I work six days a week and I help take care of a child, I don't have enough time. I also run on five or six hours of sleep a day. I, too, am very exhausted. Even so, that's what I think about because I worry about my family.
Well, yeah, that kind of explanation is also possible. I just can't imagine it because I'm just very good at telling my brain to shut up; it has always amazed my fiance I can be completely alert at one moment and sleep soundly within five minutes when I want to. Nothing can mess with my sleep when I need it :D

Another one: Why are keyboards not in alphabetical order?

Well, yeah, that kind of explanation is also possible. I just can't imagine it because I'm just very good at telling my brain to shut up; it has always amazed my fiance I can be completely alert at one moment and sleep soundly within five minutes when I want to. Nothing can mess with my sleep when I need it :D

It IS possible and it happens! It's a surprise, I know, for things to happen differently than what you know...

I also don't have trouble sleeping, nor do I lie awake EVERY night and worry. But I do SOMETIMES have concerns that keep me awake at night. Not forever, and really not even for more than a few minutes. But that's how it works.

I would like to also say that nothing interrupts my sleep when I need it, but I have a kid and that doesn't work out that way.

:D

I have racing thoughts. My brain doesn't turn off unless I do something specific to get it to turn off.

Or I'm so exhausted I shut my eyes and fall asleep.

It sucks. :/
Same here.

Another one: Why are keyboards not in alphabetical order?
Isn't that because the keys are placed in the order we most often use them? Like with the letters a,s,d,g,j,k,l are all where we place our fingers because we use them the most? Which is why z is so far out of the way since there aren't that many words that we use that have the letter z in them.

Reactions: Brovo
I have an extremely active mind. Not always are the thoughts anxious, though. Sometimes I think about my RPs, or what I wanna do tomorrow, or I'll guess what my son's dreaming about, or I'll start having some kind of weird sex fantasy because I'm a nasty pervert. Doesn't help that I suffer from insomnia too.

I have access to a few good remedies, fortunately. My manfriend gives me foot rubs because there are pressure points that when massaged, it will induce sleepy feelings. Otherwise I take a sleep aid, or smoke some weed before bedtime. Whatever it takes to put my brain to rest.

Happens to me almost every night. I'll go through a usual train of thought.

Alright.. time to go to sleep...
What time is it?
Oh, I'll only be getting 5 hours of sleep.
I'll go to sleep at an earlier time tomorrow...
Time...
Time.
What is time?...
Does it correspond with space.
What is space?
Why am I here?
What if life is a dream?
What if once I die I get to create a world of my own...
I want to die...
I want to die... peacefully... under a tree...
Maybe I'll be famous someday...
Maybe I'll be able to travel the world someday...
Maybe I'll go into space someda-

OH SHIT! WHAT IF THERE ARE ALIENS?!
WHAT IF I GET EATEN?!
I DON"T WANT TO GET EATEN!
AGH!
What the hell brain?
What time is it?
Oh, I'll only be getting 3 hours of sleep...

Reactions: Hana
Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god I've killed again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again. Dear god don't make me kill again.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and scribz