2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Ivy Posner, Sanguine Faust
Upon hearing the girl's reply, his fingers trailed around her waistband, eyes wholly preoccupied with her exposed neck.

Then suddenly, he was roughly tugged away from her, and he found himself face-to-face with the redhead.

"Fucking insane bitch," he muttered, annoyed that Red had interrupted him, even though he'd basically been asking for it. Still, what a reaction. Clearly, she cared as little as he did about the professor.

He spat on her hand and shoved her back. "They're mine now, Red."

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

Interactions & Mentions: Rory Thomson @Adrian Morrigan Quinn
Cyrus heard that fucking weasel's voice and rose her head. Knuckles tightening around the hilt of her switchbalde. For once her stubborn self followed another's instruction. Tilting her head back, lips pursed. Flicking the blade back into the knife handle pocketing it. "Look at you, Nancy Drew world's greatest detective." Jumping from where she sat, her eyes cold and murderous towards the gossip rags' headliner.

Slipping into the brick wall, mere inches from the most detestable character at Hogwarts. Slumped in the same category as the bunny killers and wannabe serial killers; Aurelius Gaunt and Morrigan Quinn. Rory notably had his own little title, something selective for him. How special of him, right? Glancing at her nails, the nude chipped polish. Eyes cold. But behind that anger was a deep-seated panic. He knew her secret. Like few others... What was worse if he knew others knew---they weren't exactly safe from him either.

Her temper was somewhere between boiled and inferno. "Speak your terms and I'll speak mine," she crossed her arms sneering at him. "Or should I let your plotting mind think of that bargain before I suggest an Unbreakable Vow?" Cyrus needed to think of a way to protect the people around her at all costs. A vow. A deal with the devil was her best bet.

FONT1FONT2
Sanguine Faust
Location: Shrieking Shack -- Interactions: Lysandra, Kellen, Ivy
A growl tore itself from the redheads throat as her gaze lingered on the saliva that say on her hand. Sanguine was pissed. Her heart thundered in her chest, her mind working feebly to keep herself calm, to avoid the oncoming shit storm she wanted to cause by knocking that disgusting look off Kellen's face with a rather well placed fist. Oh, Sanguine could imagine the blood that could be spilled right now - and faintly, her throat burned, irritating her already thread bare control. At least, it remained until his comment that her own wallet, was his. Did he seriously think she would just let the fool take her wallet, her money, for his own shits and giggles?

A smirk crawled its way onto her lips, teeth bared rather threateningly as she swung around, only to punch Kellen square in the face without any sense to really control herself further.

"Are you fuckin' stupid you smug prick?!" She hissed, her fist balled up angrily as she advanced on him with a hiss streaming from her lips. Blood speckled her knuckles and it was rather easy to notice with the scent lingering threateningly in the air. Her teeth began to grind harshly against one another, her own nails drawing blood from her palm as she clenched them further, wanting to cover the smell of Kellen's even minimally to stop the burning that erupted. "Fuckin' spitting? You. are. disgusting." She punctuated, shoving the already punched Kellen rather harshly to the floor, "Give me the wallets, asshole."

Sanguine balled her fist up further, clenching it threateningly "Or...I'll just fuckin' take em."

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise was blushing rather brightly at his compliment, though it wasn't a huge difference considering the blush hadn't died down at all since before. The grin never left her lips. Today had been a complete surprise to Elise, who had only been intending to visit Hogsmeade for some books. Overall, she was absolutely ecstatic! Her grip on Ash's hand tightened slightly as they headed into the Three Broomsticks, hand in hand.

"Its just the happiness!" She mumbled out, rather flustered by his words as she glanced around the pub for a place to sit. She eventually found a small table and headed over, finally glad to let her bags go onto the floor, the piles of books dropping with a small thud as she slipped into the chair. "We should get some drinks and food!"

• Sweet
FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: Echo Sayre
Penny was immediately slipping from her friends grasp in favour of going for the fresh display of new released beans; already running low in stock. She grabbed up three, bringing one back to Echo with a bright look. "I really, really want to keep them a surprise but i really just want to peek too," She said with a little giggle.

Penny trailed after Echo as the other girl continued her shopping, trying hard not to look at the boxes in her hands.

"Oooooh!! Debbie would love these!" Penny announced suddenly, adding two frogs to her collection. Her pile of sweets was steadily growing. Something she was sure, her other friend would have disapproved of.

"Echo...I should have asked before, how have things been with you?" She asked, flashing her a small smile. "We didn't talk as much over break..." she admitted.

FONT1FONT2

Rory Thomson

Interactions: Cyrus Grey
"Good girl," Rory's upturned lips seemed almost unmoving as she stowed away her switchblade. "Smart girl." He said the latter with an almost condescending undercurrent of surprise. Who knew the ever irate Cyrus Grey could negotiate with her words rather than her fists.

What came out of Cyrus' mouth next did not faze him in the slightest; Rory was a man well-acquainted with a colorful array of insults. They'd become rather boring to him. At their best, they were somewhat entertaining, if any semblance of thought had been given to them. Alas, most people didn't really think much when they were angry. They'd call him bastard, or they'd tell him to fuck off, or other things of that ilk. "Nancy Drew", on the other hand. Well, it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all.

She was smarter than he'd given her credit for. Which was just as well. He'd need someone with at least half a brain among his ranks, even if she wasn't smart enough to keep her little secret from him.

"It's simple, really. Work for me and the newspaper club," he shrugged, "Of course, you'll have to be more discreet next time. We can't have other people finding out. That wouldn't be good for business. I'd have to wash my hands clean of you, which would be a shame, as you could be very useful.

Now what are your terms?"

FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Sanguine Faust
A small chuckle left his lips when her fist connected with his face. What was it with the fucking bitches in this school? It was like they didn't know they had wands or something. Well, whatever. This turned out better than he could have ever imagined. Red sure lived up to the nickname he'd made up for her.

He let himself be shoved to the ground, where he spat out the blood from his mouth and just chuckled some more.

"Go ahead and take them then, little bitch!" He was laughing now. It hurt his face to laugh, but he did it anyway. "I'd punch you back, but you're already too fucking ugly. It wouldn't make your face look any better."

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell
Ash smiled to himself, slipping into the chair across from her. "You're still beautiful Elise," He said in a warm tone. He slipped a hand into his pocket, turning his phone off so the buzzing would stop.

"What are you feeling? I wouldn't mind a butter beer,"
he confessed. He rested his elbows on the table and smiled wider, unable to quite help the growing expression. Even finding out he was being called a pervert had only dampened his mood for a few moments. "What books did you find?" He asked, too distracted to even bother looking at the menu.

FONT 1
FONT 2
FONT 3
Eleanor "Nellie" Dunkin
- A NPC POST -
Professor Nellie Dunkin was ever patient and often perfectly composed. She had the sort of soothing voice that could very well talk one out of their worries, if allowed to do so. But even Nellie Dunkin, who oh-so-loved working with children, had her limits. When her beloved students start hurting one another, a very different version of her surfaces.

"Oh, that's QUITE enough!" The professor's voice had grown loud enough to be heard despite the ruckus, and with a flick of her wand placed the offending students under the Immobulus spell. "What do you two take me for? This is just… unacceptable behavior. Unacceptable!" Nellie's eyes had widened in a medley of disbelief and disappointment.

She closed them and took a deep shaky breath, shoulders rising up as she did so, then slowly exhaled. It seemed to take almost ages before she finally reopened her eyes. But when she did, she looked calm as calm could be. As if she hadn't just experienced an extremely rare outburst.

With another flourish of her wand, she retrieved the wallets Kellen had stolen and unbound the pair from the spell.

"Kellen, please see the Headmaster tomorrow. For now… Ivy, dear... you two seem friendly enough. Will you take him to the infirmary? Detention will be rescheduled for you both." She handed the wallets back to their owners. "Now, please. Let us all…" she inhaled once more. "Relax. Okay?"

She was smiling now and a bit of mirth had returned to her brown eyes. "Now, I know Halloween won't be for another…" She cocked her head to the side, thinking for a moment as her fingers trailed on a decrepit rocking chair. "...Two months? But oh, I get so excited about my little projects. Do bear with me. I want to repurpose the Shrieking Shack into a Haunted House. I think it'll be a fun event. But we'll need decorations and some planning. And since there's so many of you--"

The sound of footsteps outside made her go suddenly quiet. She turned to find a man staring at her through the now unbarred window with the startled eyes of someone who knew they weren't supposed to be there. The man turned on his heel and ran.

"Stay here," Nellie instructed her students as she rushed out the door. Going with her gut instinct, she fired spells after the man's retreating figure. However, it turned out the mysterious individual had a companion. Another figure had been lurking by the entrance of the Shrieking Shack all along, and Nellie hadn't realized until the very last minute.

"Avada Kedavra!" The cloaked figure shouted. A woman's voice.

"Expelliarmus!" Yelled Nellie simultaneously. Their spells warred like lightning bolts between them.

However, Nellie was not a woman that was fond of duels, and as a result she was not particularly good at them. Her strengths lay in other areas. To win this fight, she would need the help of her students.

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

Cyrus smirked lightly at his remark; his certainity in himself. Chipping off her nail polish with a sharp nail, "I'll give you that it was a slip up on my part," before pursing her lips. "But it'd imagine someone with his fingers in everyone's secrets, you would have found out already. sort of disappointed you didn't figure it out sooner." That little jab helped with the wounded pride of her secret being found out.

"My terms are simple; you want to be discreet this whole agreement and your beloved source reference from every story I tell you. Will be silenced. Nothing mention. Under the confidence of the Unbreakable Vow; because your the type that that oozes the need to know dirty little secrets." Cyrus thought very carefully about her condition. So much that it took a bit of time for her. Yet, that first one was certain. Her name wouldn't be mentioned and no one else in the Newspaper Club would know about her interactions with him. "Secondly, the other people who know of my secret will never be known of and if you find out that will be a break of the sworn secrecy of my terms." She faltered in her last thought, looking down at her hands once more, forgetting nervously.

"Don't mention anything of Albert Winesor in your dribble, he works hard and deserves whatever start he can get out of this shithole." Cyrus felt a heated build-up behind her cheeks, which certainly formed a dark blush. Never once did she think that she'd speak out loud of those bubbling feelings for the perfectly perfect prefect. But, there was something about him that she wanted to protect. That noble and proud nature. Something that one gossip header against him could ruin his views and other's looks on him.

Extending her hand, she held her stare, "so do we have a deal or not?"

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Joan Lambert

Interactions: Jasper Grey
It was hard to look away from the fight that ensued between Sanguine and that new guy. It was like watching a train wreck. Joan was honestly just glad she wasn't part of it for once. Still, she couldn't help but wince when Sanguine got physical. Being well acquainted with Sanguine's fist herself, Joan could vividly imagine how painful that punch must have felt.

"Jeeeeesus Christ," she murmured to Jasper, eyes as wide as saucers. "How many more negative points do you reckon that'll be?"

Thankfully, the professor quickly snuffed out the growing fire. For a moment there, Joan was sure somebody was going to get killed. Gryffindor also didn't lose any house points… for once. What a miracle.

Joan barely paid attention to the professor's spiel about Halloween decorations. She preoccupied herself instead with her nail biting. It wasn't until she sighted the strange man through the window that she came back to reality.

Something very wrong was about to happen. Joan could just sense it. And her senses proved right when a duel ensued outside between the professor and a cloaked figure.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed, pulling her wand out. They had to help the professor. She gave Jasper a meaningful look before rushing out the door.

"HEY DICKHEAD!" Joan yelled at the cloaked figure, who promptly looked in her direction, but before she could get any closer, she tripped on the uneven ground, causing her wand to fly out of her hand.

• According to Plan
FONT1FONT2
Ivy Posner
Interactions: Kellen Armstrong
Ivy had moved back without a wor, as the furious Sang descended upon Kellen with a rage that could match any dragon. She'd simply slipped her hands into her pockets, watching the drama unfold. It was just starting to get really heated when professor Nellie finally decided to step in and break the pair up.

"But of course professor," She said in an overly sweet tone, reaching down to pull him to his feet. "Happy to be a help," she said, the sarcasm in her words barely masked.

"Come on hotshot, before you break your face a little more," she crooned, all but carrying him out. She tightened her grip around his middle a little, glancing back at the shack to make sure the professor wasn't watching them, not that she really cared if she got into more trouble.

"I'm not taking you all the way back to the infirmary," she said easily, helping him down onto a fallen tree. She slipped a finger beneath his chin, tipping his face up. "Starting to think you like things a little rough."

She tugged her wand free, wrinkling her nose at all the blood on his face. "Scourgify," She murmured, clearing the blood from his face temporarily, but definitely not healing if it was still bleeding.

She pressed her thumb slightly to the split in his lips, arching a brow. "Looks like it stings."

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
Reactions: Bubs and Ardent
FONT1FONT2

Jasper Grey

Interactions: -- Joan Lambert
Jasper was just about to step in and pull Sang away, concerned the girl would reveal herself in an act of rage driven stupidity, though the bastard definitely deserves to be laid out of his ass.

"At least she didn't take more points," Jasper muttered to Joan, slipping his wallet back into his pocket, vowing to keep a closer eye on his stuff when the other Gryffindor was around.

Jasper only caught the edge of the figures clothing vanishing outside before the professor was giving chase and all hell broke lose.

Of course his idiot friend ran into it without a thought. "Joan!" He snapped. However she'd already gone. He followed after, pulling his wand free; seeing the danger his professor was in.

"Expelli-- gahhh!" His spell was cut of by his own sound of surprise, as he fell right over Joan.

He landed hard, half on the girl and failed cast setting fire to the grass in front of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bubs and Ardent
FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Penny Foxx
Echo shook her head and grabbed a box for her brother as well, before the two moved through the store. She gather a couple more items and something for Penny as well in her hands. Echo looked back at her and gave her a brilliant smile, before quickly frowning briefly.
"Things have been good for the most part, been busy with planning the wedding and all that." She gave a small sigh as she looked at the goodies in her arm. "Sorry about not being able to talk much over break but Alistair's aunt kept me rather busy with hamming out all the fine details. Finally got fitted for my dress. I'll have to show you picture of it when we get back, its breath-taking." Her eyes grew bright as she was talking about the dress. "Though, Alistair and I would rather elope and get all this none sense over with, but his grandfather would greatly disapprove of that notion." She shook her head before spinning around and facing Penny.

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: Echo Sayre
Penny listened attentively as her friend spoke of her future wedding. "You will, I'm sure you would have looked lovely even if you wore a potato sack," she said playfully.

She skillfully shifted her items to one arm, knowing she'd likely drop them all but wanting to loop her arm to Echo's none the less. "I'm glad you're finally getting a break now though," she said, giving her a squeeze. "It sounds like you might have needed it after how busy you've been," she said kindly, leading her to the counter.

"You'll have to tell me what else you've planned out,"
she said brightly, moving over so Echo could be served first.

She had to admire her friend, she'd never be able to marry purely for the sake of blood status, not that she had much of any. She cleared her throat slightly as he friend finished up with her purchase then placed hers on the counter. "And how is Ev handling his upcoming wedding?" She asked. "He hasn't really talk to me about that," she admitted.

FONT1FONT2

Rory Thomson

Interactions: Cyrus Grey
"Oh, I'm but a lowly writer, not an omniscient god," Rory bemoaned dryly, pushing his spectacles back up the bridge of his nose.

He let her speak her terms. One in particular stood out to him: it concerned Albert Winesor. How intriguing. So the girl had a soft spot for the Gryffindor prefect, if her expression was any indication, but for what reason? Surely she was not in love with him! He never quite understood the idea of love and romance. All he knew was that they were weaknesses, that they made people vulnerable.

When she was done, he simply stared at her outstretched hand, a frown upon his features. Yet he did not look displeased in the slightest. He seemed to be thinking deeply about her terms.

"The second proposition would never work. You could easily use that against me. What if I happen to find out by accident? What then? I can only vow that I won't actively try to find out their identities."

There was a pause. He decided to test the waters a little bit.

"Besides, are you sure you're in the position to be making demands? After all, you are at my mercy. I could just tell everyone your little secret now."

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Ivy Posner
The moment those words left Kellen's mouth, he dipped briefly into darkness, overcome belatedly by the impact and the pain. It wasn't until the girl helped him up that he regained his consciousness. She led the way out of the Shrieking Shack, but instead of taking him to the infirmary like she'd apparently been instructed, she'd dragged him to a cluster of trees. It was only a stone's throw away from the dilapidated house, but it was secluded enough that the professor wouldn't think to look for them here.

He'd barely seated himself on the log when she slipped a finger under his chin. Kellen simply stared back at her, the taste of iron still strong in his mouth. He spat out the small amount of blood that had formed there.

"Oh, I definitely like it rough." He replied suggestively, although his expression gave nothing away.

He didn't say anything more as she cleaned the blood from his face. But when her thumb traveled to his lips, he let out a brief, involuntary hiss of pain. Out of reflex, he grabbed her hand; it was not quite rough, yet it was not quite gentle either.

"Try and make me feel better then," he retorted, pulling on her hand now to get her to sit on top of him.

• Spicy
FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

"You want me to ruin any prospect of you ever having that agreement. I'd take an ounce of pleasure to just turn back into a mouse and reveal myself out there. Because even a life time around Dementors is better than doing your dirty work." She gripped it collar and jerk the Ravenclaw forward. "Then you'd be robbed of that momentary victory of revealing me for yourself, oh! And the asset the I could very well be to your little stories." She whispered stray of her lips scarely near his ear.

"You're too much of a sadist to take that moment of using someone away from you. It's what makes you tick, it always had. Shame, once your stories actually meant something before they became dribble." She shoved her hand away from him, before leaning back. A frown is apparent. "I'll take your terms on the second, that you won't endeavour to uncover who the others who know my secret are." Cyrus Grey said in a tone that meant her terms were planted and finalized in her mind. "But if you think for a moment that anything you'd uncovered about those people is a mere accident you'd be a lair. Rory Thomson doesn't just accidentally find things out. He looks for this because he's an author of the fictional gossips that make people miserable." Her brow twitched, the browns of her eyes were like a raging inferno waiting to lash out.

"So. Do. We. Have. A. Deal. Or. Not? Thomson." Cyrus glared at the very self-assured head of the Newspaper club. Every word that came from her lips offered a cold bite of anger. Her fist twitching to plant itself in his nose. Cold shivers passed up her back at the stupidity of all this. She'd throw herself to the devilish creatures rather than let Rory have that upper hand. She hated the fact held such a position over her. It disgusted her.

[/QUOTE]

• According to Plan
FONT1FONT2
Rosabel Valentine
Rosa was pretty much completely silent as the chaos within the detention group brewed, only a slither of amusement twisting her lips into a smirk was proof of her attention to the matter. That, at her phone being pointed at the eye of the storm, Kellen and Sanguine. She had expected this detention to be boring, her mind having weaved an elaborate escape plan to get some shopping done before this idiocy had decided to spice it up. Rosa pressed end on the recording, just as Kellen was helped to leave - her smirk growing further.

With a small yawn, Rosa began out a new message to Rory, adding in a short text as she attached the video clip.

[Detention wasn't entirely boring at least.]

Shutting her phone and dropping the device into her pocket once she was sure it had sent, Rosa drew her attention to the enjoyable new situation - though she minorly regretted ceasing her recording to soon. It would of been far more interesting to have this caught on video! Though, she was sure the professor would probably not approve of her posting it online. Not that she cared what the Professor thought - the woman seemed to be rather useless. Brought out of her thoughts once again by the scene of Jasper and Joan's clumsiness, Rosa huffed exhaustedly. She didn't really want to help, she'd much rather see the fate of the Professor but...if the Professor was hurt, who was to say if the school would let them out again! That was enough to cause Rosa to draw her wand, a rather displeased look on her features as she directed her wand to the figure.

"Expelliarmus!" Rosa hissed, rather irritated by the thought she maybe denied shopping if this all went to far to hell.

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2
Robin Fox
Robin had spent much of the detention on her phone and rather unaware of the situation around her. It was rather common, for her to become so absorbed in her phone screen that she would ignore even the biggest of events around her in favour of replying to a follower or posting a new picture. A rather happy grin was spread upon her lips as she tapped away at the screen. A new follower had asked her to design a tattoo for them! She was always ecstatic when she had commissions, especially since she used the money for the makeup brand. Her typing slowly died down as she caught wind of the fight due to the professors interruption.

The Hufflepuff blinked owlishly, rather confused by the situation as she looked between Sanguine and Kellen. She had no context to try and understand! Her distraught look only lasted a second as she brushed it off - if it was serious, the professor would of said something right? Robin seemed to selectively ignore the fact the professor would not need to explain it as most had actually paid reasonable attention to their surroundings.

However, the world was definitely in chaos right now! Within moments, someone had attacked the Professor and many had moved to help or, in the case of Joan and Jaspar, seemingly decide to take a unscheduled trip to the floor. Robin had to hurriedly smother her amusement as she headed over to help the two, her phone shoved back into her pocket. Holding out her hands for them, as she kept her attention partially on the fight, Robin helped them up, "Are you guys okay?" She asked worriedly, though she held a weak smile to her lips, "You really are a suited for each other!"

• According to Plan