2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Juniper Murray

Interactions: -- Morrigan Quinn
Juni watched in a twisted amusement, as the girl pulled at the brush in her hair, distressed tears streaming down her cheeks. She'd finally managed to get her back after the girl had ruined her whole outfit this morning. Sure she could spell it away, but what lesson would that teach.

Juni curled her blue hair around her finger, flashing the girl a cold smile as those distressed eyes met hers. The girl cried harder as the cursed brush twisted further in her hair, no doubt ripping out strands. She'd been careful to curse the magic brush just before the other girl had picked it up to purchase. A weak curse, but effective.

Foolish girl shouldn't have spoken so loudly about what she needed from Hogsmeade today.

She moved away as worried friends moved forward to help. Turning her back on the scene and heading back into the small town. Or she would have. A warm body pumped into hers, a familiar scent filling her senses.

"Morrigan," she murmured, stepping back, her gaze sliding over her.

Reactions: Ardent
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell
Ash was growing progressively more horrified as he peaked at his friends expression. He was almost surprised she wasn't falling over, she looked so shocked. He should have stuck with the playful banter, avoided the further awkwardness he'd caused. Of course she didn't see the same way, stupid of him.

"Um...yes. I like you, I know you probably don't feel the same, that's okay I just...had to tell you..."
he said, ducking his head. He just nodded as she asked again, an almost bemused smile beginning to form on his lips.

His heart suddenly galloped in his chest as he peered at his best friend with wide eyes, cheeks seemingly, permanently, stained pink. "You like me to..." he repeated. A bubble of complete joy ignited inside him as he looked at his best friend, the girl he liked.

He barely had the sense, to place the books carefully on the ground before he was enveloping Elise in a hug that contained only pure delight. "You like me too!" He said happily, giving her a spin, before putting her down and backing up. Of course, he had to trip over the books he'd put down.

Landing on his behind only made him burst into laughter as he looked up at her. "I'm so...ridiculously happy right now, i can't even feel bad for the books," he said with a funny smile, bending forward to fix them, ignoring his aching tail bone.

"Will you date me...I'm mean, be my girlfriend? Is that too soon? It's probably too soon...and your books..."
he smiled to himself again. "You like me too..."

FONT1FONT2

Charlie Stone

Interactions: -- Izz Nightgale
Charlie pulled another cookie from his pocket as she accepted the first. He looked at her again, just as she was finishing it off. His mind instantly transformed her face into a venom like appearance as the cookie was devoured by razor sharp teeth.

His tripping. "Here," he instantly said, as his little bout of imagination passed. "Have another." He should lay off them for a bit. He gave her a wary side eye, before shaking his head, clearing the image away. "Real cookie monster Izz," he said with a lazy smile.

"Oh, they're just choc chip with a side of secret ingredient, they're quite amazing aren't they!"
He said happily.

Head nodding he gave her a knowing smile. "Riiightt and ordinary cookie, the best cookies," he said, still nodding sagely.

• According to Plan
Reactions: Bubs and Ardent
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise was ecstatic - though before she could comprehend his own reaction as she had became quite a mess, Elise had been scooped up into a tight embrace and spun. Her arms had long since dropped the books she had hid herself in, an expression of joy on her features as she wound her arms around her best friend in return, a chuckle following suit. She had not excepted any of this to happen at all, let alone today and after the more recent awkward times.

"Of course I like you too!" She chuckled, brushing down her skirt when Ash let her go, a large grin on her lips. "How couldn't I?". Elise finished, only to look stunned when for once, it was not her that had fallen over. At least, Ash tripped over something that was actually there though! She couldn't stop the small laugh that fell form her lips, her hands slipping carefully over her flushed cheeks, the brunette hiding her face partially with them with a huff. "Its not too soon!" She quickly interrupted, looking equally as nervous, "I would...I would love to date you, I mean, be your girlfriend!". Elise couldn't help it as she left her books already reaching over to pull Ash into another tight hug.

FONT1FONT2

Izz Nightgale

Interactions: @Ghostly Boo - Charlie
Mentions: N/A
She raised an eyebrow, a little skeptical about his answer, although she decided to just hecc it, because cookies. Who could resist them? Heartless people probably. She scoffed.
A grin bloomed as he waved another cookie at her. With a sharp squeal, she quickly snatched it from his hand, and gobbled the whole cookie down, clapping her hands wildly as they continued walking, a little skip in her steps. She mewled as the taste exploded in her mouth, fists by the side of her face as she tried to control the ecstasy and euphoria she was feeling.
"This. Is. Soooo gooood. I love it!! Do you have more?!" Her eyes were as wide as a doe's as she looked up at him, pupils dilated.
It was just then did she noticed the effects; her body began to sway on its own, unsteady on her feet. Her head was beginning to be filled with cotton and wools, making her drowsy. She staggered slightly, before slumping her body onto his.
"Whaa..ts.. Happen.. Inngg??!" She pointed towards the ground.
"Whhyy iss ittt..spinnnning?" Her words slurred, gaze blurry and unfocused.

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash felt his whole face light up, quickly scrambling up from the ground, rubbing his behind as he smiled. "That's...I'm..." he chuckled and gave her a sheepish smile. "I feel so impossibly happy right now," he confessed, wanting to hug her again but refrained.

"Lets get your books, then we can um...maybe go get a drink?" He suggested, scooping her books up once more, dark eyes full of bright happiness as he gazed at her. His phone and its messages completely forgotten. "I'm sorry your flower died," he said with a quiet light. "I was gripping it so tightly, it never stood a chance..."

He hesitated a moment, then reached down and took her hand, walking with her to the counter, perfectly content to hold his best friends...no, his girlfriends hands. He felt a fresh bubble of delight as he placed her books on the counter, that stupidly happy grin undying.

Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise helped gather the fallen books, the wide smile never leaving her face as she plucked them carefully from the ground. After dropping them two or so times, she didn't want to damage the books much more than that - though it was surely the last of her concerns right now! Once they were all plucked from the ground, Elise hurriedly took them to the counter and paid her bill, shoving them all into the tote bag she had brought with her. Pulling the strap over her shoulder, Elise found her hand entwined with his and she couldn't fight the blush upon her cheeks, "I'm happy too! Do you know how long I've liked you? - Well, I've always liked you but I mean, not as my best friend, because your always my best friend just -" She cut off, shaking her head as if to silence her rambles before she continued, "I never thought this would happen today..."

She took the flower carefully, studying it with a fond grin despite its crumpled state. "Its lovely as it is" She added, spinning the stem loosely between her fingers, smiling all the while, "I'll try to preserve it when I'm back at my dorm.". She love keeping her scrapbooks and this would surely be something she would treasure once she could preserve it. With a small twist, she reached around to carefully settle the flower within the side of her bag, kept between her books but not so much it would be crushed further.

"Lets go get a drink! I haven't eaten yet, do you want to eat?" She asked, stepping outside of the bookstore with a grin, her gaze slipping around the streets of Hogsmeade happily as she turned to Ash, her hand still entwined in his own. There was a small pause in her step when her phone buzzed, prompting her to reach into her pocket to grab the device. It had just been a message from a classmate but it was enough to remind Elise of a rather unsavoury post she had seen. Her grin slipped slightly as her brows knitted tightly together. How did she explain this to Ash?

"Ash...have you...urm...seen Wizagram?"

FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Penny Foxx @Ghostly Boo
Echo smiled as leaned into Penny, "Took you a moment to catch up Penny." She said teasingly. Echo herself adjusted her bag on her opposite shoulder. "Honeydukes sounds like a plan to me. I need to get some sugar quills, and cauldron cakes for sure. Ev asked me to get him a box of Berty's because of the new flavor." She smiled at the girl as they made their way through Hogsmeade. Honeydukes would definately be first on the list. She loved the energy that her Hufflepuff friend had.
Echo nodded, "We could stop by some clothing shops, it would be fun to have a girls day. Maybe we can stop by Three Broom Sticks for some lunch." She said making their plans out for the day. She just wanted to get out of the castle and spending time with Penny was a good way to do it. She enjoyed being out with her closets friends. Her eyes were glancing around Hogsmeade seeing who all was out and about during this adventure to Hogsmeade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

"I've liked you for a while too Elise," Ash admitted, smiling at her rambling. He'd always enjoyed it, preferred to listen to her speak. "I'm sure our friends will be bragging about how they've known this whole time."

"You don't have to do that, I'll get you another, nicer flower,"
he offered immediately, as she tucked the flower into her bag, the poor thing looked ready to crumble.

"We'll get some food too,"
he said eagerly, lightly swinging their hands between them. "I head about a new drink at The Three Broomsticks." He patted his bag. "I also bought your muggle studies, books. Though admittedly this wasn't what i expected to happen...I happen...I dedinitely like it better," he confessed, happy smile brightening.

His smiled wavered slightly as he stopped. "Not yet, though it has been going off like mad." He glanced into her eyes briefly then pulled out his phone, flicking it open.

He'd been linked a number of times and had an explosion of messages, so he followed it back to its source. His smiled slowly withered as he read the incomplete words. "Oh..."

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Lisianthus
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Her heart felt heavy within her chest, her fingers tightening their loosened grip upon her mobile as she watched the previously joyous expression n his face wither and vanish within seconds of opening his own phone. In truth, Elise would of much preferred he never saw that post - better yet, that the newspaper club hadn't ever made such a vulgar and rather deceitful post. There was no evidence to back it up than what was saw - anyone after all, who knew Elise knew she was clumsy as hell. It wasn't the first time nor would it be the last she'd probably get her way into awkward situations with her lack of coordination.

Instead, they rather rudely attacked Ash.

Under the surface of her sombre expression, Elise was rather angry. The dreadful feelings bubbled up, only for her to shove them rather forcefully down when she pulled a weak frown onto her lips, her attention diverted to Ash entirely rather than her own messy anger. After all, this wasn't about her right now. "I'm sorry...I found out about the post this morning and...I wanted to talk to you - Maybe I should go talk to the newspaper club? They said such rude things without thinking or any evidence really so they should retract their claims - defamation this is" She rambled, hurriedly shoving her phone away as she tightened her grip on his hand, "O-or we can post something ourselves and say otherwise - the statement has no comments from us right? Maybe we should talk to a teacher and find a way to deal with this -"

Realising her rambles, Elise frowned, putting her books down for a moment as she reached over to pull him into a tight hug, "I'm sorry - I should of told you before...I didn't want to ruin this"

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash reread the post, over and over. Pervert. The word swirled around in his head as he scrolled down through the comments. What wasn't hateful comments to Rory were hate comments to him or people he knew trying to defend him. He slowly dragged his eyes away from the harsh words, feeling a bubble of irritation at the ridiculous comment for ruining his mood.

"Hey, no," he gently squeezed her hand and drew her close, tucking her into a hug. "I'm fine you know, I only care about your opinion, and given you just agreed to be my girlfriend...I'd say you definitely don't think I'm a pervert," he said with a small smile.

"I have an Idea though..."
he said. Flicking his phone open again and giving her a slightly flushed smile. "How about a photo?" He suggested, flicking the camera around for a selfie. He wasn't big on photos, his was one of those people who posted random quotes and good books. But this was special and he wanted the memory. Why shouldn't be be able to post it too?

"May i have a kiss?"
He asked. Paused as he realised how that sounded, cheeks flushing. "I um...i mean cheek i wouldn't...you know..." he gave her a sheepish smile. "We also don't have to post it..."

FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: Echo Sayre
Penny ducked her head, soft tints of pink beginning to slip into her dark hair. "Oh...I was going to get him some too," she admitted, releasing a small laugh. "I figured we could try them together," she explained. It was always fun sitting around with friends and attempting to guess the unique flavours, and since these were all new...extra fun.

She suddenly released a bubbly laugh, taking her friends hand. "That sounds delightful Echo!" She said in a bright tone. She quickly tugged her the rest of the way to honeydukes, eager to surround herself with the scent of sweets. "What did you have in mind for lunch?" She asked eagerly.

She lightly touched her bag knowing her knew idea would get the Debbie stamp of approval, perhaps she'd be able to convince her this time.

FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise breathed a heavy sigh of relief when Ash didn't seem as dejected as when he had opened the post initially. The whole thing was absolutely absurd! A faint smile appeared on her lips and within seconds, it grew wider, Elise returning the embrace quiet happily, "I'm glad! Its all a load of lies and attempts to get reads anyway! Anyone who knows you, knows full well its a...well...a load of crap." Elise mumbled, releasing him only slightly.

Looking over at his phone, and the camera, Elise blinked owlishly. She herself was barely on social media - her account had a couple posts with photos she took with friends but she was far from active or in habit of taking selfies. They were fun though. For a moment, Elise looked between the phones camera and then, to Ash, and back again. Slipping one of her hands free from Ash, she reached over to pluck his phone from his grip and stretch it out in front of them, just as she turned to look back at Ash. Hurriedly, and with her face rather flushed, Elise planted a rather quick kiss on his cheek.

Now releasing him entirely and stepping back, Elise was seemingly red as she glanced at the photo, only to send it to herself before passing him his phone back, "Well - that both shows them and can go in my scrapbook." She mumbled, already picking up her bags once again in an attempt to hide he face.

• Sweet
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Ash gazed at the photo of the both of them, Elise looking beautiful while he looked started and flushed though very much happy. He blushed again and tucked it into his pocket, deciding he'd write up a post later. It wasn't overly important to him right now, not when he could still feel her kiss on his cheek.

"That was a good photo," he said, taking her hand again and leading her to The Three Broomsticks for their drinks and perhaps some food. "You look very pretty..." he mumbled a little raven hair falling into his eyes as he ducked his head. "I mean...you're always beautiful but you look extra beautiful happy," he admitted flashing her another smile.

He held the door open as they reached the pub, that warm bubble of happiness bubbling in his stomach.

FONT1FONT2

Lauren Harrison

Interactions: Izz Nightingale @Esmeralda Blackheart Charlie Stone @Ghostly Boo
Laurie leapt out of the doors of Honeydukes, after placing her orders for goodies to be delievered through owls. The perfectly perfect things to baked into her goodies that were a next level hullucinogen; hash brownies had nothing on those bad boys. She had being working on the trails of the goodies that have been brewing in her closet for the last week. In truth, the result was... Laurie was looking up at the ceiling most of the week giggling---or swiping at imaginary cornish pixies.

But the time she had come out of that trance it was Wednesday. She hadn't slept in a good four or five days. Had a gross caking of drool on her chin and bottom lip. Dark under eyes that made even a Banshee or Ghoul jealous. So Laurie munched away at one of her available snaps and got back to her hazy day. Skipping about the streets of Hogsmeade, avoiding her mother hen figure and Henry in the hopes he wouldn't see how mental she actively looked. Comfortably dressed in her bumble-bee stockings, black mary-janes and an failed attempt to look the normal version of herself.

Instead, she looked like she'd been Rosa-fied, wearing a rather daring white singlet and open sky blue button-down. Then a dark brown skirt accentuating her hips a little more than the normally shy and modest clothes the Hufflepuff normally wore. There was something more out there about her behaviour. This high made her a booming version of confidence and not at all crippled by the pressures of society and the mind-numbing anxiety of life and school that bothered her.

"CHAR---CHAR---CHARLIE!!!!" She beamed with a wild smile and loose curl of red blooming over her shoulders. It sat somewhere between half-brushed and bed hair. But it worked with the nature of her outside at the moment. Little colouring of gloss on her lips and mascara brushed up and added a secret amount of volume behind her lashes (well, Rosa said that in any case).

"I have some goodies!!!"
She announced before noticing Izz looking down at the ground squatting down to tuck her head between the earth and the girl's line of sight. "You're totally on the cloud aye? What to try some more stuff, I've been tripping for the last week on them. Being chased around by Cornish Pixies is some sort of journey," the puff chanted with a beaming excitement. So, ready to share the tripping and weird visions that came with the new grade drugs.

FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

Interactions & Mentions: Rory Thomson @Adrian Morrigan Quinn
There was a wild thrill about running from the likes of Morrigan Quinn. She was sure that the witch had stirred off the wrong way and that she would have been unsuccessful in getting Rory to run after her. Slipping into the side alley of a near shop. The mouse took the chance to shift back to a chuckling girl. Soot smudged against her nose, and her clothes were the usual warmer attire. A scarlet sweater, comfortable slacks and boots. The same toy-boyish appearance she normally boasted.

"Serves those fucks right," She chuckled with a troublesome glint in her eyes. More than happy to bother the rumour mill of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. They were the mill of misery for so many people. Of course, Cyrus had her own fair share of rumours aired out on the platform. Everyone did. It just felt all the more fitting fucking up the little poxy cunts, like Rory Thomson and his little gremlins--every so often. Reaching into her slack's pocket she pulled out a filterless joint and lit in.

Totally unsuspecting on how wrong she was about the world slipping herby and not at all being noticed. As she chewed on her fingernails and spat them out into the ground at her feet; between inhaling and exhaling. Letting the light high cloud her eyes. Reaching her switchblade she cut at the rest of her nails, making them unnecessarily sharp. Much like her little mousy claws could be when unmaintained.

FONT1FONT2

Charlie Stone

Interactions: -- Izz Nightgale, Lauren Harrison
Charlie released an amused chuckle, opening up his jacket to reveal a bag of cookies, only two remaining. "Feels great right? Kinda like your minds all foggy and nothing matters eh?" He laughed again.

Catching her arms and lightly pushed her into the grass, he then flopped down beside her in a comfortable sprawl, just as a familiar voice sang like bells in his ears. Lauren reminded him of a fairy, while the girl beside him was a living cookie monster. What a mix.

He gave the bright red head a dazed smile, shifting his hood up over his head for cosy effect, fully ready to take a nice long nap in the grass. "I'll bite," he murmured, raising a hand, when he lowered it, it rested over his eyes.

Before either of them had a chance to speak further, the Hufflepuff was completely zonked out, heavy breaths of sleep, slipped from his relaxed form.

• Haha
Reactions: Bubs
FONT1FONT2

Izz Nightgale

Interactions:Charlie, Lauren
Mentions: N/A
She had a dazed look in her eyes, unfocused and dreamy. She plucked the last two cookies from him, one in each of her hand. She felt as tbough she was floating on air, lightly nibbling on the cookies. No resistance were offered when he pushed down onto the grass. She simply plopped herself beside him, head cocked, knees tugged under her chin as she looked up at the female in front of her. A lazed smile was upon her face as she reached out, lightly touching the hair absent-mindedly, ",you're very pretty."
She dropped her hands soon after, "more stuff? More cookies? Surreeee," she readily answered, her mind not registering what was happening as she sat under the sun.

FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Penny Foxx @Ghostly Boo
Echo laughed some seeing her friends hair turn pink with embarrassment. "It's fine, we can both get him some, you know how much he loves his sweets." Echo's voice was reassuring as she looped her arm with Penny's. She allowed her outgoing bubbly friend to tug her all the way to Honeydukes. As she was being pulled to the sweet shop her mind began to wonder a bit back to the library, seeing Percy and Ali together nagged her brain a little bit. She brought herself back to the present to Penny. "Lunch hasn't really occurred to me yet, but you know the food at three brooms is always good." She said teasingly as they entered the shop together.
The smell of their homemade fudge hit her first and she knew that she needed to get some along with her sugar quills that she wanted and the cauldron cakes. Her eyes drifted around the store taking in all the sites. She thought to herself if there was anthing that she might want beyond what she was already getting.

FONT1FONT2

Rory Thomson

Interactions: Morrigan Quinn, Cyrus Grey
It was beyond Rory how a flying mouse could ever be a potential story for the Curious Quill. It wasn't like they were National Geographic. They were a gossip news source, for Merlin's sake. Did Morrigan know something he didn't? If so, why couldn't she just spit it out?

"I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation for it," Rory waved his hand dismissively, eyes still glued to the phone screen as he tried to edit the post he'd sent by accident. He'd looked up momentarily, however, to find that Morrigan had already stormed off. Of course, Rory had no choice but to follow suit. The last thing he wanted was to cause the ire of the raven-haired Slytherin, whose patronage and funding meant everything to the Newspaper Club.

They split up. Rory begrudgingly slipped his phone back into his pocket as he wandered the streets. He was not particularly keen about spending his precious time chasing after a stupid mouse, but he figured the sooner he got this over with, the sooner he could get back to his writing. Luckily, it seemed the stars favored him today as he sighted the little mouse skittering into an alleyway.

The boy pulled his wand from his sleeve and held it up in front of him. However, what he saw when he rounded the corner was everything but what he'd been expecting.

Cyrus Grey.

It had just been for a split second, but Rory had seen her transform. There was no doubt about it. And as far as Rory could recall, she was not legally recognized as an animagus. A small smile began working its way into his lips as he approached slowly, his wand still raised. Rory was not about to take his chances; the girl was armed with a switchblade and was quite infamous for her temper.

Should he alert her to his presence now? They were isolated. An opportune moment for blackmailing. But he could also blackmail her another time. There were so many possible ways he could go about this. But he was excited. There were so many things he could use her for.

"Be as quiet as a mouse," Rory said, his voice low but his eyes sparkling with opportunity, "That should come naturally to you. Now, before you try and cut me open with that switchblade, I'd like to make you an offer you can't refuse."

He cocked his head to the side for a moment.

"Unless, of course…" His gaze turned solemn, "...You'd rather be in Azkaban."

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!