2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
It has been decades since the fall of Voldemort and his followers. A lot of progress has been made since then. The Ministry underwent massive reform under the administration of former Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt. Pureblood-centric laws have been abolished, and the ministry, allegedly cleansed of its corruption and prejudice, has never been better. Progress, in a smaller scale, has also been made in strides: the wizarding world has shed its old-fashioned ways and begun adopting modern technology and pop culture.

Some say that these changes are for the better, but there are those who would argue otherwise. For not all changes have been good; and sometimes what is proclaimed to be progress is, in fact, the opposite.

In 2019, the Progressive Society for Worldwide Peace and Cooperation (PSWPC) forced the Ministry's hand to reveal itself and the existence of the wizarding world to muggle society. Many believed this was for the best, that it was high time for both worlds to co-exist. And yet, relations between the two remain hostile.

It is the dawn of a new decade, and the polarizing political climate and sensationalist media have had a dire effect on the people. Misinformation and panic have been spreading. Although Voldemort was defeated years ago, his influence still remains. More and more, as society grows ever polarized, people are starting to regress to old habits. There are those who claim that Voldemort was an innocent man. And at least half of the wizarding population has begun rallying behind his modern incarnation, Julius Ainsworth, whilst loudly proclaiming their discontent for the current Minister.

Many believe that there would be a war soon. The only question is when.
CHAPTER I. THE WARY AND WEARY WIZARDS

Date: August 30th, 2020
Time: 11am
Event: Shopping for School Supplies
Weather: Sunny

It is a day before the start of term. Muggle-wizard relations are still tense in the wake of the recent terrorist attack. In order to ensure the safety of wizards and their homes, muggles are no longer permitted within any wizarding town or establishment. Meanwhile, the students of Hogwarts are to do their shopping in groups. The Leaky Cauldron--a pub that once connected London and Diagon Alley--has recently been closed down, forcing the students to take a different route to get to the shopping district.

It is a good thing that the professors of Hogwarts are watching over the students and taking lead. In this tumultuous time, these understandably anxious teenagers are easily frightened. With the professors around, things should go relatively smooth-sailing.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / SS / EXT / OOC
1 / 2

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise found herself smothering her face in her hands at his comment. She was already a rather bright shade of red, the compliment just added to her desire to hide away in her own internal denial. It took her a few moments to regain her composure, a soft grin on her lips as she nodded her head in agreement, "Butterbeer sounds perfect," She cooed, glancing to the menu, "We should order some food too! You need to eat as well..." Elise mumbled. She never could stop making sure people she loved were taking care.

Ash mentioned her books and Elise paused before an excited grin appeared on her lips, her posture visibly leaning closer to the table as a familiar, excited glimmer appeared in her gaze, "Oh! I got some new books on Hippogriffs! My dad sent me a looooong text about the ones back home! And a few history books!" Elise never could cease her excitement for knowledge, though now sharing her love for it with Ash now seemed far more enjoyable she noted, "I also grabbed one on dragons and a smaller one on quidditch for you. I was going to try come talk to you before all this and I had wanted to bring books too - I was a little unsure back then how long we would avoid each other about...what happened..." She admitted, rather forlornly. After all, not talking to Ash had made her rather miserable as of late.

• Love
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
FONT1FONT2

Ethan Frosner

Interactions: Athena
"We've been here a lot, but it's still cute as ever, isn't it?" His voice rose a few octaves as he talked over the crowd, addressing Athena. Madam Puddifoot's teashop was one of Ethan's go to. A place he frequented a lot to relax. With how the past week had been, he needed a break.
He thumped the teacup in his hand, thumb stroking the rim of the cup. "What did you do during the holidays?" A smile was plastered upon his lips as he looked towards his companion, ignoring the constant buzzing of the phone in his pocket.

Last edited:
FONT1FONT2

Echo Sayre

Interactions: Penny Fox
"You are way to sweet, Pen." Echo said softly to her friend giving her a sweet smile. Honestly she was feeling quite on edge with her impending nuptials coming up. She knew that most people waited but she knew Alistair her whole life, she knew she shouldn't feel so nervous about it though.
Echo looped her own arm through Penny's as they made her way to the counter. Echo sat her items down and threw in a couple of the goodies they had at the counter as well. "Well the wedding has already been planned out and the reception as well which will be held in the Blackwood gardens. Mostly at this point its just Ali's Aunt nitpicking at details." She said with a huff. Sometimes his Aunt really annoyed her.
She pulled out her purse and paid for her items as they were being bagged up. She chuckled, "With mom and dad and his future in-laws he is polite and acts as if he is looking forward to the wedding. With me, however, he complains that its not the person he actually loves. He wants to marry something else, but he also wants to appease the girl's family. I don't even know who he is actually marrying as all the meetings have been in secret and I am usually forbidden from coming from upstairs." Echo said empathetically. She really felt for her twin brother.

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Athena Weiss

Interactions:
Ethan Frosner
Athena gave a soft sigh, "Well it is a favorite of ours; we have been here so many times during the course of our seven years here." Her voice was carring over the voice of the crowd for Ethan to hear her speaking. Athena tend to favor the tea shop for it's calming and relaxing teas. She had some stocked up in her room for when things got rather chaotic during the schol year. Athena picked up her teacup and took a small sip the taste of mint and rose spread across her tongue.
Athena sat her cup down on its saucer, "Well trying and failing miserably to get a love life as per usual." She said with a wave of her hand and a blush on her cheeks. Ethan knew that she had a rather difficult love life and she hated that she could never really find anyone who suited her particular taste. She eyed him, "You going to answer that or keep ignoring it. If later I suggest silencing it." She said with a giggle.

FONT1FONT2
Ivy Posner
Interactions: Kellen Armstrong
"Mhm, its only worth it if you feel it later," Ivy purred back, just as suggestively. She slid her gaze down his body with a deliberate arch of her brow. This definitely hadn't been on her mind when his face was a mess of blood.

She slowly curled her fingers, meeting his gaze with a cool smirk. "Ouch?" She taunted, easily letting him tug her forward. She straddled him easily, an arm draped lazily around his shoulder as she leaned close, her lips brushing across his jaw ever so slightly. "And how do you suggest i do that?" She murmured, slipping her other hand from his, sliding her fingertips down his chest.

• Spicy
Reactions: Ardent
FONT1FONT2

Penelope Foxx

Interactions: Echo Sayre
Penny sighed softly, placing her things onto the counter, her hair turning inky black as sadness gripped her. "I feel so sad for him," she murmured, pressing a hand to her heart. She quickly paid for her goods and collected her bag with a quick thank you before turning back to Echo. "What about you? How do you get along with her betrothed?" She asked, eyes brimming with concern.

She sighed quietly to calm herself, her hair drifting back to its usual shade of soft brown, streaked with aqua. She shifted her bag and gave her friend a half hug, head resting against her shoulder. "I'll always be here for you Echo," she promised, then pushed open the door for them both, giving her friend a kind smile.

Reactions: Bubs
FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell
Ash flashed her a small embarassed smile. "We use books as a peace offering far too much," He said with a soft chuckle. "I'll admit, I was almost going to avoid you, but that would have sucked..." he admitted. He ran his hands through his hair, flashing her a smile. "Henry kicked some sense into me with a rare moment of wisdom, and then admitting my feelings just kind of..." he gestured his hands about. "Tumbled out." He was very glad they had.

"Here, I'll order our drinks and something to eat," he said happily. He jumped from his chair, going directly to Madam Rosmerta to order. All but bouncing up and down in his happiness and excitement. He ordered two butterbeer's and a chocolate cake for then both, before paying the old witch and quickly returning to the table. "Is cake alright? I ordered us Madam Rosmerta special of the day," he explained.

FONT1FONT2
Elise Campbell
Elise couldn't help but nod in agreement, though she was grinning at the fact, "We do! Always just giving each other books!" She mumbled. Not that she minded, Elise kept every book she ever owned but she was well aware of which she had gotten specifically from Ash - especially since the time she realised she had feelings for her best friend now boyfriend. She looked rather embarrassed as she fiddled with the end of her hair slightly nervously, thinking about her previous plans to just avoid Ash for a while, "I was going to avoid you too...but more cause I wasn't sure how to react to everything!" Elise admitted weakly, "But I spoke to Jess too! She helped a lot!". A smile took its place on her expression, "I'm glad you came out with it! I've been rather nervous and contemplating tell you lately myself but I couldn't figure out how! Plus - I didn't consider you would actually like me back..."

Ash had hurriedly gotten up to make the orders, before Elise could even go herself. Blinking owlishly for a second as she watched him head to Madam Rosmerta at the counter before heading back, sitting rather nervously alone for a second before she hurriedly grabbed her phone. She would at least tell Jessica what had just happened! Hurriedly typing her message and sending it, Elise shoved her phone off and away into her bag as she turned back to Ash with a grin, "Cake is always alright!". In fact, it was rather well appreciated considering Elise enjoyed sweets - both eating and baking them, "You know me too well." She teased.

Trouble in Hogwarts;
GM Post
When students were concerned enough of their own studies was the perfect time for the trio to strike. A ritualistic thing was tormenting people. Yet, there wasn't something as appealing as marking new targets and luring them away from prying eyes. This time, neither did the luring. Instead, they lurked. A trio of cats stalking the same mouse waiting on a savouring meal.

One was the first to act on the bright-eyed first year--a half-breed that was the utter bane of their existence. Something that needed to be gotten rid of. A mere matter they were more than happy to assist one another in. Ridding Hogwarts of another *vile* halfling. An existing mix that proved everything that was wrong with their little world and the vision they had for it.

Following the half-breed around the crowd. An almost coy and charming voice purring from their lips towards the apparently lost newbie. Something that just made the faux smile of pleasantly rising in the hunter's cheek. Approving of the web that was being spun. The perfect little lie. "Oh my! Are we lost here?" They asked straightening their back, asking in a comforting question. One would get the sense of them being a doting older sibling if they looked on.

Tears were present in the half-breed's eyes and they gave a weak nod at the question. Looking like they'd come across something horrendous.

"We can help you find your way then," spoke the more silent of the pair with an easier and lighter tone. More feminine and kind. She was the perfect balance to make everything seem genuine and plainly kind. The other was a link and beautiful picture, one that could possibly be labelled like the rest. But, since they moved through the quieter halls, the two that took the more abusive road---she didn't say much. Her job was the lookout.

Most of the school had lulled into a silent atmosphere with the weekly trip to Hogsmeade. So, now just seemed the perfect time to vent frustrations. The smooth talkers were the violent one, they dragged out this torment with a physical leave that took to mutilating the poor helpless halfling.

The sleek and feminine torturer robbed the half-elf half-witch of her lips by the hold of a charm that kept one from making a peep. Only the sound of muffled sobs came as the latter took a dirty blade, a blade that had mutilated many before and then dulled for a time due to minimal activity. Strongest was the male and seeming leader of this little parade of terror, taking advantage of the lacking presence of Prefects and Heads. It was them he wanted to dig at. Ones that believed this was someone else and had left Hogwarts when they were close to catching on.

Onlooker looked down at the shaking and twitching body that hit the stone. No longer held up. A warm and despicable purr came from the male's lips as he pushed the tips of the little first year's ears into their clammy shaking palms. Forcing them closed. Lips stray against the ear. "You'll not remember us, our presence is completely masked. Don't worry the others pissed themselves too. They even fainted. I'm surprised you didn't. But it matters not," He kissed the sweaty locks. Wand pointed at the jaw. Before uttering the memory spell he worked and perfected over the years.

When the victim came too. They remembered nothing of what happened to them. For a moment it took them to register the pain. Yet… It only got worse for them the moment their hands opened and saw the present left for them. Vile scream and bouts of hysteria was all that could be hear through the halls of Hogwarts. The echo of terrible sobs was enough to alert the staff that something terrible had happened. One of their worst fears returned.

FONT1FONT2

Persephone Gaunt

Interactions: Injured Student and House Elf.
Persephone pushed herself through the crowd that was building in the hall. A house-elf on her heels, she grabbed one from the kitchens when she heard the screaming. Bandages were held in her hands as she passed a horrified Head Girl. Anastasia Fitzgerald looked like she was frozen in place with the horror seen. That wasn't helping anyone… Percy thought as she knelt down to the babbling mess of a student.

Blood was everywhere. It set the unease in her stomach into overdrive. Swallowing back bile; she knew that her throwing up wouldn't help anyone. Looking at the ear tips in the student's shaking hands. "Hey, we're here to help you. I'm going to need these, icing them will help save them. So we can get then stitched back on, okay?" She spoke softly, turning to the house-elf looking at her handing the first aid case. She dug around cleaning her hands, putting on gloves to stop the infection risk.

Taking the pieces from the student, looking to a bucket of ice the house-elf summoned. Perce lightly placed them there and covered the pieces. "I need you to take them to the Hospital Wing, they'll be able to preserve them. I'll work on cleaning them up." She took the lead, watching the knobby legged house-elf wander off. Before the creature left she offered the elf a pair of gloves from her pocket to save the cold from their hands with carrying the bucket that distance. Offering a small smile, as she turned back to her job of cleaning up the blood from the half-breed.

Before bandaging off the area of both ears, wrapping her arms around the sobbing first year's body. Holding onto them as they cried. Rubbing circles into their back, as she stared at the space. Horrified at everything she'd seen. But keeping it together. Someone had to.

Perce didn't promise that it was going to be okay. That wasn't fair but she did stay there the whole time. "You cry, it's okay to cry." She said against the student's hair. Thinking about how much she wished someone said that to her.

• Sweet
FONT1FONT2

Anastasia Fitzegerald

Interactions: Injured Student and Persephone Gaunst. Alistair Blackbourne (mentioned) @Adrian
It was never nice to be one of the first witnesses to such brutality. Especially in light of all the terror attacks and fear that had been spread by muggle attack recently. It didn't seem to measure to the clear mutilation of someone that had little to no magic knowledge to defend themselves.

A half-breed and by the sight of what happened. This was surely a hate crime.

The thought alone was something that made a headache brew. She wasn't sure what to do in that moment. Of course, Healing was an elective of hers… But, Anastasia wasn't able to think clearly enough to figure out where to begin. Lifting her head, she saw Gaunt making her way through the growing crowd. "Gaunt…" Annie let a breathy sigh leave her lips. Before turning to the growing students that wanted to know more of what was going on.

"Right, everyone that isn't meant to be here. That means the bloody lot of you wanting gossip and without a place on the student council, move it. Or you'll all start collecting minus points. Trust me, you Gryffindors loitering, you don't need any more points taken, so, so, just fuck off!" Annie boomed and it cleared a larger portion of the crowd, it was a first for her to let a curse slip passed her lips. She kinda understood the selective potty mouths in their choice of words. People listened when one cursed it seemed.

Glancing back to the sixth year Prefect working on the needed First Aid. Taking out her phone, she first thought about messaging Alistair Blackbourne to get him there… But, that wanker didn't have a phone, did he? "Percy, thank you for that." She said to the sixth year, who lifted her gaze from the sobbing student's hair. Offering a little understanding nod.

[/QUOTE]

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Rory Thomson

Interactions: Cyrus Grey
"Then do it," Rory simply shrugged, "I know an empty threat when I see one, unless the stereotype is true and Gryffindors are just as stupid as they are brave. Poor precious Albert. Oh, dear, what would he do without you?"

Truth be told, he was getting tired of her tough act, but as ever Rory maintained his composure and kept his wand steadily pointed in her direction.

"Hasty little mouse. I, too, have my terms you know," he said patiently but firmly. Now was the time to talk business. The smirk disappeared from his face as he adjusted his glasses.

"First, you promise to do my bidding as per the needs of my business. Second, you will not, under any circumstances, tell anyone else that you're an illegal animagus from the beginning of our contract without my permission. Third, you will not do anything that will in any way deliberately sabotage me or my business."

He paused for a moment, thinking. After all, to make an unbreakable vow was to make a lifelong commitment. He had to make sure he'd accounted for everything. Finally, he said, "That is all. Unless you still wanted to run out there and tell everyone what you are. By all means." He waved his empty hand in mock encouragement.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2

Joan Lambert

Interactions: Jasper Grey, Robin Fox
"Fucking--" Joan clamored to get on her feet when Jasper bumped into her from behind, causing both of them to stumble. Jasper had also accidentally set fire to the grass within their vicinity. This made Joan throw an onslaught of curses at him. "GET OFF ME, GREY!" She yelled finally, trying to push the boy off of her.

Just then, Robin came up to them and offered to help them up. Joan, ferociously independent, ignored the outstretched hand and simply wiggled her way out of Jasper's weight. Finally she stood up and dusted off her clothes, searching the ground for her wand.

"I'm fine, I just--" She stopped mid-sentence when Robin's next words sunk in. She flinched and moved further away from Jasper in a heartbeat, as if she'd just seen something horrendously gross. "EWWWWW. No. Fuck no. God, no," Joan made a point of looking like she was about to hurl.

Last edited:
  • Haha
FONT1FONT2

Cyrus Grey

Interactions & Mentions: Rory Thomson @Adrian Morrigan Quinn
At the mere mention of Albert something about her tougher slip. A rather misplaced and lost look held on Cyrus Grey's gaze. The seed of concern growing at the feeling that if she didn't go through with this vow---Albert would be the one getting punished for it. In some fucked up, very Rory way of things. He'd reap the consequences.

Clenching her fists at her sides, jaw tensing enough for it to ache. Drawing her own wand, holding it in her left hand offering her right. "Done. But, you promise to keep him out of this. Keep your business far away from him." Tears were actually rimming at her eyes first once, she was signing her life away for a little crush... That meant so much more to her than that. For a girl who didn't feel much love for the opposite sex; and to be granted that for one. She'd protect it like it was a hoard of gold.

"Do we have a deal then? Because I don't trust you to leave my brother, or friends out of this."
Cy let two tears fall down her cheeks. "I mean it. No one... No one must know about this other than you or me." She spoke clearly trying to blink away the tears.

• Nice Execution!
FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Ivy Posner
There was some racket ensuing in the distance, but it was no more than muffled background noise within this cluster of trees. And besides, Kellen was too preoccupied with other matters to care.

She'd straddled him, and he only pulled her closer, hands upon her waist. The moment her lips touched his jaw, his breath hitched, more out of sensitivity than anything else. His face was still sore from all the hits he'd taken today. Still, he didn't complain. Neither did he complain about the poor choice of seating. Right now, other things took priority.

His senses were on overdrive once again: touch, as her finger drifted down his chest. Sight, as he watched her. Hearing, as she murmured on his skin. Smell, as he breathed in the scent of her perfume.

"You already know what to do," he replied, as his hand travelled from her waist to her back, then down, down where he gripped her, before trying to slip into her tightly fitted jeans. With his other hand, he moved her hair aside. His lips grazed from her neck to her ear.

"But I suggest taking this off," he whispered, "I know you said it makes your ass look good, but it'll look so much fucking better without it."

FONT1FONT2

Ash Caster

Interactions: -- Elise Campbell
Ash smiled, resting his chin on a palm and gazed at his best friend, now girlfriend. "I guess we just needed this little bump," he said warmly. His stomach gave a soft growled rumble, making his cheeks flush slightly.

"Well, i have known you a while," he said with a playful smile. "I'd have been a terrible friend if i hadn't noticed some of the little things," he murmured, smiling sheepishly.

He thanked the server as their butterbeers were placed in front of them, then a moment later their cake. "Mhm, smells delicious," he said happily, curled his finger around his mug, and sniffed at the warm drink. "It almost competes with the smell of old books," he said happily. "And of course, cake!"

FONT1FONT2
Ivy Posner
Interactions: Kellen Armstrong
Ivy didn't pay any mind to the ruckus behind them, despite their being quite a bit. She was sure she could get the scoop on things later. Nearly everything that happened anywhere with a witch or wizard close by, ended up on wizardgram. Honestly, some of those outrageous stories could be quite entertaining.

A slow smirk toyed at her lips at his hitched breath, it was his own fault for entertaining so many fists. Though in her opinion, a little pain could sometimes make things all the more enjoyable.

A soft breath slipped from her, at the feather light, touch of lips against sensitive skin. She released a thoughtful hum, giving a deliberate shift of her hips. "You're completely right, It does," She purred, letting her wandering fingers pause right at the waistband of his pants, chest pressed to his. "Feel free to take them off then, I won't rob you of that enjoyment."

FONT1FONT2

Jasper Grey

Interactions: -- Joan Lambert
"Bloody hell Joan, just give me a second would you!" Jasper huffed, pushing himself up from the girl, trying not to be embarrassed by all the flames he'd made as he fumbled around for his wand, leaving it to Joan to free herself the rest of the way. He comfort wasn't exactly his first thought. "Yeah Robin, fine..."

"Ah ha!"
He said in relief, snatching his wand up to help the professor again, or at least put out the flames he'd unintentionally caused.

Those thought's shattered into a thousand pieces as his horrified gaze lifted to Robin, then slowly to Joan. A look of complete disgust filled his expression. He made and over exaggerated retching sound at the comment, at the very thought of it. "Hell no." He shook his head more, as if driving home that point. He felt the need to scrub his mind clean of the very thought.

He pointed at Joan. "That shit, is almost as much of a sister to me as my twin is," He said, shaking his head and struggling to resist a shudder.

FONT1FONT2

Rory Thomson

Interactions: Cyrus Grey
"As you shouldn't," Rory shrugged, "I don't need you to trust me. In fact, I would advise against it. But trust that I have nothing to gain from ruining your life and everything to gain from you working for me."

He paused, rubbing his chin with a free hand, looking particularly unconcerned about the clearly perturbed girl before him.

"Besides, the punishment for breaking the unbreakable vow is death, is it not?" He lowered his wand now as he began to walk back to the main street. Over his shoulder, he called out, "Midnight. The owlery."

FONT1FONT2
Kellen Armstrong
Interactions: Ivy Posner
Kellen didn't need to be told twice.

He tugged at her jeans, shifting positions for ease, when heavy footsteps suddenly came bounding in their direction. Thinking it was the professor, Kellen looked up, although his hands still remained around the girl's waist. To his surprise, the person who interrupted them was not the professor, but a pudgy pink-faced man he'd never seen before. The man looked like he'd just ran a marathon with his heavy breathing.

Kellen started to open his mouth to say something, but the man, alarmed to see them here, raised a gun before he could continue.

"Don't fucking move--," The man said, training his gun at them as he moved closer. He was shaking, not just from adrenaline, but from fear. "Don't fucking move or I swear to god--

Kellen looked Ivy in the eye, before making a meaningful glance at his jeans. He'd kept his wand strapped to his thigh.

"We're kind of busy here." He said before pulling the girl close again.

• Nice Execution!