The Third Law

C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
The large grocery store hustled and bustled with it's usual week night patrons. The sound of clambering shopping carts and ringing cash registers filled the air as a tall figure dressed in a black hoodie, unassumingly stops in front of the customer service booth...his gaze transfixed on the two television screens mounted in the back of the booth.

"Good evening, this is NBC news at six...tonight the story of the intensifying man hunt for an escaped felon. Jason Miguel Arianna escaped from Riker's Island Penitentiary exactly eighteen months ago. The former Lieutenant Colonel and Army Intelligence Officer was sentenced to twenty years for attempted murder of this man...H.C. Schroeder, a notorious serial killer, known by the moniker of the Bayside Butcher. Schroeder raped and murdered Arianna's wife who was also four months pregnant at the time. Arianna tracked Schroeder down and attempted to effectively take the law into his own hands, but was stopped by police. Schroeder escaped and was later gunned down by law enforcement. Arianna escaped prison shortly after and for the past year and a half has been going on a killing spree of his own. It is believed by police that Arianna has already claimed three victims in a twisted revenge ploy aimed at hunting down Schroeder's living family and relatives. Sargent Dan Hopkins, was Arianna's first victim...and was the police sniper who took the former Leuitenant Colonel down before he could kill Schroeder. The other two deceased are John Fulton, one of Schroeder's cousins and Emily Schroeder...one of his three sisters. In a bizarre footnote to this case, Jason Arianna is believed to have cultivated a strange philosophy revolving around the teachings of Sir Issac Newton, better known as the man who discovered gravity. At each of his crime scenes, Arianna has left a typed print out of Newton's Third Law of Motion...leading to him being dubbed by local press, the Third Law Killer. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jason Miguel Arianna, you are urged to contact local police. Arianna is approximately six feet two inches in height, one hundred ninety pounds with black hair and hazel colored eyes. Police are warning that Arianna is considered to be armed and extremely dangerous..."

Jason slightly grins beneath his black hood. He stares at his mug shot that was flashing on the screen. He runs his hand across his chin,noting that in the past year and a half he looks quite different from his photo. He had grown a trimmed but grizzled beard and his hair...which he had always kept cropped short, had now grown medium length, terminating just above his ears. "Third Law Killer, has a nice ring to it..." he says under his breath. He looks over and sees that an elderly woman has just bagged her groceries and is headed towards the exit...his target is on the move. He hurriedly removes his hood and silently follows her out of the store. Jason tails the woman out into the parking lot until he sees that she is obviously struggling with her overloaded bags. He narrows his eyes and makes his move. "Excuse me ma'am...can I help you with those?" he says as runs up beside the old woman.

"Oh thank you so much, I should have gotten extra bags...but they're so expensive." says the lady.

"I know what you mean." says Jason as he helps the woman to her car.

"Well this is my car, thank you so much for your help young man."

"Oh my pleasure, you know I could put your bags in your trunk for you if you just wanna starts the car."

"Oh your a dear, thank you again." says the old lady as she climbs into her car.

Jason steadily places the bags into the trunk, than stealthily kneels and places a small blinking device on the underside of the car. He than slams the trunk shut and taps on the lid..."Ok ma'am your all set, have a good night."

The old woman waves and pulls out of the parking lot and into the street. Jason walks around a corner, pulls out a small remote trigger and presses a button. Instantly the old woman's car explodes in a fiery inferno as it crashes into a nearby tree.

Jason looks on ominously at the blaze "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Nothing personal Mrs. Schroeder...but your the one who birthed that evil into this world, therefore you and all yours must pay for his crimes." he says coldly. He places a typed up slip of paper under a phone booth receiver in full view...rounds a corner, puts his hood back on and disappears into the shadows...Jason Arianna has claimed his fourth victim.