The Thinned Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kila looked around, her wary eyes shifting from the people to the floor. She wanted to threaten the scientist, But she chose not to. They had better be taking them to a nicer place, Or they'll be finding some dead scientists pretty soon. Kila looked down at her hand, inspecting her nails. She changed her human nails to her Tiger ones, and kept switching them back and forth. It was how she passed the time, and she loved the little tingle she felt when they switched.

"Woah, so what, we talkin', like, a komodo dragon here, or full blown mystical beasts?" Adrien questioned excitable, shifting his position in the cage in attempt to get comfortable. "My number's oh-forty-two. I haven't thought about my actual name in so long, it's kinda fuzzy..." He added, pausing to ponder it. Aiden? Andre? Aladdin? He knew it started with an A. "Nice to meet you, oh-oh-six, and Mr. Dragon."

Although it couldn't be seen, Kaiser got a bit of a smile on his face. It seemed he might become the center of interest. Unfortunately it worked both in good and bad ways. "Mythical actually. I've always had a habit of collecting dragon statues, styled weapons, and pictures. And well they ended up using me along with about half a dozen others for Project Dragon. I was the only survivor and so they gave me the number 113 for being kind of lucky. Kind of being the key part as they put me through more rigorous tests that probably would've killed any normal animal. Almost didn't survive some of their tests, couldn't tell you how many times I went into their medical bay for near fatal wounds. I could have torn this plane to shreds with ease earlier, but I figured there might have been others on board and didn't want to kill any innocents. At least until they decided to test a new stimulate on me and that me into a rage. Now most of the stuff in the cargo hold is destroyed and two of the scientists are recovering from multiple cuts across their chests. I almost changed until they forced the jacket on me and now I'm stuck like this." He said leaning his back against the cage trying to relax.

"Oh... It doesn't seem like the brightest idea to start experimenting on a dragon mid plane flight..." Adrien commented, leaning back against the bars of his cell. "....--Oh, Adrien! My name's Adrien!" He added excitably as it suddenly came back to him. "I can shift into a Maned Wolf. Which, official genus classification aside, is basically a really tall wolf-sized fox. Pretty majestic, but not quite as majestic as a dragon, I would think."

Maned Wolf? Nadia had never heard of such thing before. "I'm Nadia" She says realizing she used her code instead of her name again. "I can turn into a snow leopard" She said excitedly. She hated the scientists for taking her but she really loved the fact that she was also a snow leopard, she still got excited over the fact. "Wh-" she begins to say something but then the bald man comes in, and the rushing sound of the plane starts to slow down. Men come out from behind him holding a long red tubes. "Nighty night" The bald man says and Nadia instantly begins to cry, knowing what was to come next. A man twisted his face up as he held the tube up to his mouth. There was woosh and suddenly Nadia looked at her thigh, there's was a needle sticking out of it. Pain seared down her muscle as she quickly pulling it out and threw it out of her cage. But she already felt the anesthesia working it's magic as her eyes began to flutter. "Stop.." She whispered as she lost conciseness.

Though Adrien had been happily listening to Nadia, his smile dropped just as quickly when the men walked in and he spotted the red tubes. Maybe they really were just being transferred to a new building. He didn't have much time to think about it before there was a dart buried in his own arm. He didn't fight it, simply letting it do its thing as he drifted back off into darkness.

Even restrained Kaiser tried to fight the men kicking one of them back, but soon he felt the needle pierce his shoulder and he laid against the back of his cage as he felt his conscious slipping away. "This isn't the end egg head. Not by a long shot." He said weakly as his head dropped.

Nadia wakes up face first in something prickly. She bolts upright frantically looking at where she was. It seemed to be a field with tall grass. What the hell. She looked around unable to see anyone through the grass. She began to panic, her heart pounding again chest. "Hello?" She cried out.

Having already woken up just a few minutes prior, Adrien's ears perked up at the sound of another's voice. He had shifted into his animal form of a Maned Wolf soon after waking... It helped him remain calm. Turning towards the voice, he peeked over the top of the grass, looking around until he was able to spot Nadia. He was still drowsy from the tranquilizer, but at this point, he could at least stand. He paused a few moments to get a better feel for his body before pushing his way through the grass towards the the girl he'd met on the plane. He hadn't had a chance to give much thought to where they were now... Eventually managing to reach the girl through the grass, he knelt down next to her, lowering his head to show he wasn't some vicious wild animal. He didn't know whether or not the girl would recognize him as he was, but he couldn't work up the strength to change back, just yet... He simply hoped he could help her calm down.

A man in a black suit stared down through the glass of a room with a few computer screens in at them before his voice came over the intercom. "Don't worry your other friends are nearby. They are being kept in a nearby room being treated for any contaminants from the transfer. Do you feel any thing strange besides the possible drowsiness or anxiety? If you two are feeling okay I want you to change to your animal forms so we can perform a few basic tests to ensure your internal stability. Don't worry, I promise there will only be one needle involved here, its merely a vaccine to ensure your immune system is strong. Now, change and we'll continue." He said as he held his hands together behind his back as he waited.

Nadia at first was startled my the wolf but then he examined him. He was as big as a man. Ah, a manned wolf. She clued in giving him a scratch on the head, nervously looking around as the voice projected in to the field. She waited a few minutes before deciding she may as well change into her animal form.
What was there to lose.
She shifted in her snow leopard, stretching as soon as she turned, the hind of the bulky body stuck up while the front was splayed out. Her icy blue eyes were a deeper blue now as she peered around.

The man stared at a screen for a moment before speaking again. "Heart rates seem normal, blood pressures normal, muscle functions seem normal. Alright seems like everything is the way it should be. Now trying moving around a bit. Running from one side to the other a few times for example. Lets see how well your body performs under a bit of stress or physical exertion."

What does this have to do with anything? Nadia thinks as she bounds through the grass, it flicking back in her white snout. She flicks her tail up as she runs, enjoying the feeling of moving around in such a wide range of space, free for once.

The man continued monitoring the screens for 006 for a moment looking for any thing that seem irregular. "Very good 006, everything is acting normal which is good. I was skeptical due to the main facility having a not so great record of keeping you creatures normal for long before they get some mutation from an experiment and are forced to be put down. Anyway this habitat is your home, you will be sharing it with the others that came in with you, but it has more than enough room to house you all. Now 042, when you're ready you may begin. There will be a scientist in shortly with the vaccine shot. Stay in your animal forms and do not attempt to harm the scientist, otherwise this nice day will become very, very bad."

If he were capable in his animal form, Adrien would be frowning, confused. Was it all just another phase in the experimentation process, seeing how each of the subjects cope with a little freedom and company? He figured he couldn't exactly complain, as the open area was a lot better than the room he'd been confined to for the past several years, but... The change was a bit intimidating. Deciding it was best to refrain from keeping the man waiting, Adrien shook off the last of the drowsiness he still felt before taking off through the field, following along the same path Nadia had taken. He didn't want to get separated... Although the long legs of a Maned Wolf were meant to help the creature see over the tall grass of its usual environment, they certainly helped when it came to running, as well.

[Holy macaroni, I've missed so much.]

Ace was lying a bit farther away than the other Skins. He was just resting, really. His tail flicked back and forth at a leisure pace as he watched the other two run around. Being as small as he was, it was hard to tell of his location. He was practically hidden in the tall grass. The effects from the shot was still swirling through his body, blurring his vision and making the world spin very now and then. It wasn't as bad as before though. The teen could tell that the effects were slowly wearing off. His head was lifted to watch the others, but he decided to let it fall back to the ground. His ears swiveled and twitched at every noise that was sounded, but he didn't move. He didn't even flinch. At the moment, the brunet didn't have enough strength to get up and run, if something were to attack him. Ace could only hope that nothing came for him in his vulnerable state.

"Very good 042. Everything is looking good. The scientist will be there in a moment. For now enjoy your new home. Subject 113 along with the others will be coming in shortly once their tests have been completed. And being that I am in a good mood today I will let Mr. Edwards be your supervisor for the time being. Know I am your new boss now so I except you to act like you have a few manners when I'm around. Good day." The system then went silent as the man left.

Watching as the projection ended, Adrien lazily shifted back into his human form, frowning. He was so used to it by that point, he didn't take much notice to that fact that his clothes were gone. Well, he still had his shirt, it was just, well, shredded. His pants had probably slipped off during the transformation. "And to think I almost thought they were just going to let us be free..." He muttered bitterly, sighing. "I wonder where the others are." He pondered to himself, calling out a 'Hello?' into the tall grass.

Hearing the voice of someone, Ace decided to finally get up and be productive. He got to his paws, yawned and stretched, before shaking out his fur. He wondered if he should just transform back and then walk towards the voice or just go in his cat form. If I change now, that means finding my clothes, wherever they are, he thought. With a sigh, he padded off to find his clothes. When he did, he shifted back to his human form. As soon as he was human, he began to tug on his clothes while trying to walk at the same time. Seeing someone else, he waved as best as he could. "Hi there," he called back.

[Wait.....dO THEY SHIFT OUT OF THEIR UNDERWEAR, TOO?!]

((If they don't fit, I suppose. xD Adrien's just sittin' there in nothing but a torn up shirt.))

Hearing the voice of another calling back to him, Adrien grinned, excited all over again, as he looked in the direction of the other. "Hey!" He replied, then blinking as the gears began turning in his mind. It was only when he took note of the other's disheveled clothes that he thought of his own and glanced down. "--Ah, hell! Uh... You wouldn't have happened to see any... Clothes layin' around, have you?" He asked sheepishly, censoring himself with his arms. "It seems I've lost some."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.