The Team: Shield of Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, edited >.< I figure the workaround is that she is unable to draw power from the sun in this universe nearly as efficiently due to some complications, so she has to limit the "full" use of her strength to avoid completely draining herself of energy in mere seconds.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Right, edited >.< I figure the workaround is that she is unable to draw power from the sun in this universe nearly as efficiently due to some complications, so she has to limit the "full" use of her strength to avoid completely draining herself of energy in mere seconds.

That's a great idea man. Kinda like Trunks chi preservation.

Approved.

198905.jpg

Name:
Namanie Nienami

History (wiki link if you're lazy):
Namanie

Abilities:
Swordsmanship - An expert swordswoman in the style of Inkendo Mugenbai. Carries 6 extra swords under her skirt that she can drive through her arms to effectively wield 7 swords at once.

Superhuman Physicals - Stronger, faster, and more durable than normal people by a large margin. Also seems to heal quickly given she isn't inconvenienced by her self-maiming sword style.

Contradictory Conjunction - A style that makes the improbable happen through the word "Therefore." For example "The enemy is strong, therefore I can win" or "The material is hard, therefore I can cut through it." It materializes the lowest likely outcome.

Reason for joining the Pact/Shield of Tomorrow:

She hopes that by some chance while going about she'll somehow manage to find a lot of money.​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: York

Reason for joining the Pact/Shield of Tomorrow:
She hopes that by some chance while going about she'll somehow manage to find a lot of money.​
She's got her priorities straight right there

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: York
Alright. A bit of bad news. My power is out at my house for, oh probably a good while until I get it fixed. My houses battery (think solar battery bank, but not charged with solar power) has next to no power in it, with maybe enough for a few phone charges. Needless to say, this is going to delay the game. Its kind of crappy to delay a long, long, overdue game *cough*Duke Nukem 3D rp*cough*, but sadly there's not a lot I can do about it at the moment.

At least it gives me time to integrate one more RP mechanic. Every character must have a partner. Choose carefully, because these two characters will be bound together for most of the game. I suppose that two duoed characters can be each other partners, but it's not recommended that you do this. This is in an effort to increase character interaction, which seems to come and go in RPs.​

Oh, I suppose we need to figure that one out >.< er, anyone up for being Supergirl's partner?

@york I wouldn't mind Lucifer being tied to her.

>.< Well, I suppose I'll go with @Cromartie Sarkissian since our characters are the closest in terms of powers and stuff, but we'll see.

Also, would anyone like to be Lincoln's buddy?

Me and Crom are already tied york, but it could be a sick joke to make the explosives tied to three people. Up for it?

Ninjaed in my own thread. Never mind then :P

Me and Crom are already tied york, but it could be a sick joke to make the explosives tied to three people. Up for it?
Oh, derp, I guess I'll just stick with Lucifer then since Lucky offered :P

(Ope, I got ninja'd too)

I already know that Casshern and Sword Skirt Girl are partnered, so I'll proxy that for them

• Useful
Reactions: Kaykay and Verite
Oh, I'm up for being paired up with anyone. Who's up for having an insane Scottish mutant as a partner?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
primal__arella_by_bhryn-d8bnmx3.png

Name: Jennifer Tate

Canon: Primal

Abilities/Equipment: As a half breed, Jen is not constrained by the same rules of reality as a demon or a human. However, as this RP takes place in a place outside of Oblivion, this doesn't really apply to anything other than simply being worth noting.

Jen is capable of shapeshifting into one of the four forms of Demon that populate Oblivion. Each one of these brings its own strengths and more often than not weaknesses. Additionally, Jen wears a pair of Gauntlets called Vambraces that allow her to create unique weapons based on each of the four races she becomes.

tumblr_njghjvRFrV1tpnrh0o1_r1_250.gif

Ferai: Swift and capable of jumping great heights, this form is ideal for exploration, though it may cause her to outrace her allies due to its natural ease of movement.
Jen forms a pair of twin blades of glowing green energy protruding from her gauntlets. Useful in combat, nothing exceptional.

tumblr_nl2mkkgKV31tpnrh0o1_r1_400.gif

Undine: Granting the ability to swim and breathe underwater, Jen can far outrace any human in this form. Additionally, she has a form of one directional telepathy that she can use to talk to others over great distances. She cannot however use this form above water as she will asphyxiate to death.
Jen can form a pair of electrical whips underwater. Very useful for fighting crowds of enemies, assuming they are underwater too.

tumblr_nj5mbz6Zl61tpnrh0o4_r1_400.gif

Wraith: Gotta Go Fast. The Wraith have the ability to shift time and slow their surrounding while remaining unaffected themselves, like a typical speedster. This looks to unaffected people as if they are gliding from place to place as a shimmering blur.
Jen can form a whip and a dagger that are very, very useful in combination with her other abilities, slashing at an enemy from afar or darting in a stabbing them, remaining very illusive the entire time.

tumblr_nopesgzOnD1tpnrh0o1_r1_400.gif

Djinn: Massive and powerful, Jen is like their smaller but still very scrappy cousin. With skin of metal and an incredible strength this is her default combat form, a race of people feared across Oblivion. Also pretty slow this doesn't really have a lot to offer than crushing power.
Jen can generate two blades that cut with great strength or merge them into one super, overpowering blade that swings with the strength and speed of a crane. Incredibly slow.

All of these forms are limited by the amount of Primal Energy she can store within herself at a time. Separated from Scree, what she has right now is all she's got. Conserves her power in a form similar to Zara and Trunks.

Bio: Jen didn't have an easy life growing up. Orphaned at a young age, and going through a string of foster families that didn't really have time for her, Jen hit the road as soon as she could, becoming a waitress and trying to scrap together enough money to put herself through college. She met a boy named Lewis, a soul more like her own than she could have ever imagined.

His soul was more like her own than she could have ever imagined, one of two unique souls in all of Oblivion.

You see, Jen wasn't just Jen, she was also Arella's Champion, the unwitting Servant of Order and a bunch of other titles she was never sure what to make of when she learned of them.

During an otherwise routine band performance at The Nexus, a club Jen and Lewis worked, Lewis become spooked by a spooky skeleton by a monstrous figure in the crowd, towering over the others with glowing red eyes of pure hate and rage. Comforted by Jen afterwards, she tried to convince him it was just one of the usual freaks that frequented the club and forget about it. She couldn't have been more wrong. It was Belahzur, servant of Abaddon, bringer of pain and chaos and general asshole. As Jen and Lewis exited the club they were assaulted by the monster, Jen being wounded and put into a coma while Lewis was abducted, though mysteriously his body was found in a similarly unconscious state a few blocks away.

Approaching her bedridden comatose body in the hospital was Jen's future companion and closest friend, Scree, another servant of Arella. Freeing her spirit from her body, Jen awoke, quickly becoming unnerved by her own body staring up at her.

After calming her, Scree took her to the Nexus, a gathering point for all energy of all the four (five in reality) realms. Giving her her a set of devices called vambraces to awaken the powers inside of her, Jen was quickly dropped into an eternal war between Arella and Abaddon, Order and Chaos respectively, and told that she was the key to setting the balance and keeping Chaos from completely overtaking Order and ripping the realms apart.

Being taken to her first world, Jen was introduced to a shocking truth about herself, that she was not in fact some random waitress that they had sucked into their world for no reason, but that she was in fact a member of this world herself, one of two half breed Human/Demon hybrids in all of existence, free from the rules that bound the immortal and mortal worlds.

With this knowledge, she traveled to each of the three realms of Oblivion and either set things back in place in case of Order allied worlds, and weakened the hold of chaos in Aetha, killing the head of the Wraith Aristocracy and freeing the people somewhat, as free as they ever are.

As she traveled, she discovered that Lewis had been similarly taken in by Chaos as she'd been by Order. In fact, most of the things that she was fixing in the realms turned out to be the work of Belahzur and Lewis working together, the latter hopelessly brainwashed and controlled.

After he killed Chronos, the Timekeeper and person that controlled the flow of energy across all of existence, Jen was forced to head to head to the final and last realm to face off against King Iblis. Defeating him, she ripped out his heart and took it back to the Nexus, using it to restore the Timekeeper and save Oblivion. But her story wasn't finished there. She had one last trial to face, a love to lose.

She faced off against Lewis. Lover against Lover. Demon against Demon. Order against Chaos.

She destroyed him.

Scree, revealed to be the ancient and mighty Abdizur that had had his body lost to him when he was captured by Abaddon, dropped him into the center of Oblivion. A gathering place place for all of the energy of existence. Legends say can it bring the dead back to life, but we never find out sadly.

Jen was then forced to return to Mortalis for her own well being, any more time spent in the Astral Plane would hurting her. She now waits by Lewis's side, praying that he wakes up, reading to him in the vain hopes that he can hear wherever he is.

The End, or The Beginning?​

Status
Not open for further replies.