The Team: Phase II

• Thread starter Thuro 116 Pendragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The others slowly drifted back, Izana leading at the head of them. He was walking, never a good sign. This archer might have been trying to help, but he sure had done a number on them.
The archer was still unconscious, so Crichton took the time to take care of his own. Kneeling down, he looked at the shrapnel wound on the back of the dragon's back. It didn't look serious, but then again he didn't know a lot about dragon physiology. Instead of explaining why he'd rapped him on the back earlier, he just asked the dragon if he was okay. Either the kid would get why he'd had to drop them, or he wouldn't. Sink or swim, just like it had been for John all those years ago when he'd been shot through the wormhole.

Behind them, the archer was starting to wake up, though he seemed a little groggy. Idly Crichton wondered just how hard Setsuna had kicked him.

oblivion__oliver_queen_x_reader__by_rvous-d8so6kx.jpg

Reaching up, the archer realized his hood had slid off, so he reached up and finished the job, pulling his thin mask off. It wouldn't actually protect his identity without the hood in place. He looked at the odd group assembled here and asked the first and most pertinent question, the iconic growl in his voice gone now that his cover had been blown. "Who ar-..."

TWRgmFM.jpg

John cut him off before he had a chance to finish. "I appreciate the save back there man, but you hurt one of my friends. I'd start talking before my other friends get pissed off. They aren't as chill as me."

Bracing himself against the wall, the archer pushed himself up. His ribs hurt, but he could run if he had too, though that hadn't worked out so well before, even when he had the element of surprise.

"You probably know more than I do. You don't seem like you're from anywhere near here." Then standing up straight and wincing, even going as far as to grab his ribs, he then said, "What do you want to know?"

Any questions about what had just happened now could be answered by the vigilante, at least as much as he knew.

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @T.O.M. @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian

~~~~

Slipping into the subway system led to its own set of problems. It appeared to be abandoned and gated off, but that wouldn't prove a bother for either Lucifer or Able.

Slipping inside past that, they found themselves up against a new sort of problem. The tunnels weren't an abandoned place to hide out, but rather a new problem all on its own. Three men had been posted near the entrance, and from the looks of them they were some sort of criminal element. They had tattoos running up and down their arms in kanji patterns, and each of them had a full automatic machine gun gripped firmly in they're hands, now pointed directly at them.

NEguOZpmWuenkh_1_b.jpg

They weren't the real problem however. That lay a dozen yards away, mostly hidden behind a piece of rubble that had fallen from the unstable ceiling down onto the abandoned railroad tracks. A sniper lay behind there, a world class sniper by the name of Deadshot. He currently had his sights settled comfortably between Lucifer's eyes.

Any aggressive moves from the two would likely lead to Lucifer then Able being killed.

@The Silver Paladin @Melon

• Love
Reactions: FireDrake150

Meanwhile, far away from the struggles of parting friends, an entirely different was playing out. Able, the son of Adam, was fighting with one of the forces of the devil against those that claimed to bring order to the universe. It was funny how life worked like that sometimes.

Lucifer and Abel. What a pair, They had been held in the Box formerly, being lucky enough to be transferred out to the SCP Foundation for some purpose or another, they hadn't been clear on that. When the Box had vanished under mysterious circumstances, they had been forced to hold onto them. Able was ranked as an A3 three prisoner, and Lucifer an A2, both of them too dangerous to hold in a standard containment facility.

Like all men forced to do something they hadn't wanted to do, the Foundation had become complacent, forgetting to activate the inhibitor in Lucifer's cell, and he had blasted his way out of it.

Able had broken out the old fashioned way, picking the lock to his cell with a piece of metal that he had salvaged during a lunch break. A guard quickly found himself unconscious.

A direct dash to the massive TDE built into the facility ensued. They had been able to overpower everyone on they're way to the facility so far, but they couldn't go anywhere with a heavy Organization presence. Pulling up the directory of available locations, they quickly found themselves locked out. At least, until Lucifer broke through the security. The full coordinate list opened up before them, and quickly they chose one. It was the first one marked off limits. A directory number was attached to it, but a unofficial name was marked in the margins for it. "Big Boss's world."

Below that was marked

Code:
Authorized Organization Personnel only. All violators will be killed on site.

Perfect.

A moment later, the blue light of a activated TDE flared up, and they were in another world. Actually several feet above it. [spoili]Apparently arcware doesn't work here either :|.[/spoili] They fell headlong towards it, not a problem for the winged Lucifer, but something of an issue for Able, unless he thought he could take it.

They touched down in the middle of the city, and were getting some odd looks. I mean, really, its not surprising. It's not everyday that you see a creepy purple haired kid and a heavily tatted man appear out of nowhere.

I mean, unless you go to New York.

There was a subway tunnel nearby. It would probably in they're best interest to hide in there.

((This post involves lore from my blog: Fate/Containment. It won't become important until a bit later, but I'm just laying a foundation.

No, that wasn't a pun.))

SCP-076 smiled. For the first time since the Foundation disbanded MTF Omega-7, Able was free. Following the Pandora's Box incident, the Foundation couldn't control Able any more. They gave the Son of Adam to The Organization to take care of. But because of an error with containment, he was temporarily being sent back to the Foundation. To a minor security facility.

But one thing about this facility: They were a bit lax about their containment, mainly because they didn't have access to information on containing Able properly. For starters, they let the perfect sociopath, the perfect Killing Machine eat with everyone in the standard Mess Hall. In there, there were all sorts of sharp metal things that could kill people. Able could have murdered them all immediately, but he showed restraint. They didn't maintain a kill zone near his cell like most SCP facilities. Another error was that they didn't arm their guards with the proper equipment necessary to take Able out. The final error was that Able was one of the smartest creatures known to man.

-----------------------

Doctor White stared at the coffee maker. The machine poured its content into White's SCP Foundation Mug.

mug,standard,220x200,right-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg

((Can't believe this is a thing.))

When the machine finished its brew, he picked up the mug and his donut. He poured a packet of sugar into the mug. He made his way over to his laptop on his desk. He put the donut and coffee on the desk, and opened his laptop. He checked the news.

----------------------------------------

A guard patrolled next to Able's now empty cell. He carried no weapons except for a taser, and wasn't paying attention, which was a mistake around Able. Able immediately grabbed the man's taser, and zapped him, making the man collapse to the ground. Able left the man there, and continued walking forward.

Able took out guards left and right, leaving a trail. Eventually, someone else joined him. He wasn't sure what to make of it, and Able could be described in a child's report card as 'Doesn't play well with others', but he decided to work with him. They cleared out the prison much quicker than they would have, until they made it to an escape pod.

-------------------------------------------------

"UN Global Occult Coalition Undersecretary-General on trial." Was what the headline read. The UN controlled Global Occult Coalition was one of the enemies of the Foundation, destroying anomalous artifacts rather than preserving them. They had just crossed the 38th parallel, sparking unrest in the UN between North Korea and the other UN nations. The Global Occult Coalition just kept pushing, and the Undersecretary-General just kept letting it happen, in the unfounded goal of "They had anomalous objects." The GOC was now on trial for their actions, and their functions now made public, which was good for the Foundation. It meant the GOC wouldn't be on their ass.

It could also be bad for the Foundation of Foundation involved nations decided to leak documents. That was a worst case scenario.

Another headline read "UFO terror in Small Town, USA." The Foundation would deal with the mess, and deliver amnestics to all involved. Have the FBI's Unusual Incidents Unit deal with it. That was the type of shit The X-Files, as they called the UIU, dealt with, wasn't it? Doctor White put the mug of coffee to his mouth, and began reading the articles.

--------------------------------------------------

Able stepped towards the chamber. He looked at his new partner. They had taken out all who opposed them so far. He liked this new partner. Reminded him of the SCP Agents who were brave enough to fight him.

His new partner stepped up to the gate, and typed in the code incredibly quickly.

Able looked at him. "Ready?" He asked before stepping into the chamber.
-------------------------------------------------------
An alert showed up on Doctor White's computer from the Foundation:

SCP_Logo_1.1_preview_featured.jpg

"This is an alert from the Foundation: SCP-076 has suffered a containment breach. Activate Ophelia Protocol."

Doctor White spilled his mug, coffee pouring all over his desk, and dropped his donut. The message continued:

"Several other assets have also escaped. We are facing an XK-Class end-of-the-world scenario. All unoccupied Foundation and GOC assets are to meet at Site 19.

Thank you.
O5 Council"

The alert abruptly disappeared. Doctor White filed some paperwork. This was going to be a long day.

--------------------------------

Interesting. A city. If Able weren't so concerned with getting away, he may have started going on a spree here, entering his trance, and killing people. He decided to stick with Lucifer. Able liked him. He had his senses. Able followed him into the subway tunnel.

He needed a rest.

The others slowly drifted back, Izana leading at the head of them. He was walking, never a good sign. This archer might have been trying to help, but he sure had done a number on them.
The archer was still unconscious, so Crichton took the time to take care of his own. Kneeling down, he looked at the shrapnel wound on the back of the dragon's back. It didn't look serious, but then again he didn't know a lot about dragon physiology. Instead of explaining why he'd rapped him on the back earlier, he just asked the dragon if he was okay. Either the kid would get why he'd had to drop them, or he wouldn't. Sink or swim, just like it had been for John all those years ago when he'd been shot through the wormhole.

Behind them, the archer was starting to wake up, though he seemed a little groggy. Idly Crichton wondered just how hard Setsuna had kicked him.

Reaching up, the archer realized his hood had slid off, so he reached up and finished the job, pulling his thin mask off. It wouldn't actually protect his identity without the hood in place. He looked at the odd group assembled here and asked the first and most pertinent question, the iconic growl in his voice gone now that his cover had been blown. "Who ar-..."

TWRgmFM.jpg

John cut him off before he had a chance to finish. "I appreciate the save back there man, but you hurt one of my friends. I'd start talking before my other friends get pissed off. They aren't as chill as me."

Bracing himself against the wall, the archer pushed himself up. His ribs hurt, but he could run if he had too, though that hadn't worked out so well before, even when he had the element of surprise.

"You probably know more than I do. You don't seem like you're from anywhere near here." Then standing up straight and wincing, even going as far as to grab his ribs, he then said, "What do you want to know?"

Any questions about what had just happened now could be answered by the vigilante, at least as much as he knew.

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @T.O.M. @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian

~~~~

Slipping into the subway system led to its own set of problems. It appeared to be abandoned and gated off, but that wouldn't prove a bother for either Lucifer or Able.

Slipping inside past that, they found themselves up against a new sort of problem. The tunnels weren't an abandoned place to hide out, but rather a new problem all on its own. Three men had been posted near the entrance, and from the looks of them they were some sort of criminal element. They had tattoos running up and down their arms in kanji patterns, and each of them had a full automatic machine gun gripped firmly in they're hands, now pointed directly at them.

NEguOZpmWuenkh_1_b.jpg

They weren't the real problem however. That lay a dozen yards away, mostly hidden behind a piece of rubble that had fallen from the unstable ceiling down onto the abandoned railroad tracks. A sniper lay behind there, a world class sniper by the name of Deadshot. He currently had his sights settled comfortably between Lucifer's eyes.

Any aggressive moves from the two would likely lead to Lucifer then Able being killed.

Able gave a small smile. The sniper wouldn't be a problem. He could take several .50 Cal bullets no problem, and still be ripping people apart. The machine gunners seemed like issues, and combined with a sniper, Able felt like he was back at his original containment site. SCP-076 decided to play it cool.

@Melon @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Woo! Terrible post

Last edited:
Izana looks at Crighton as the question is asked. "It's fine Sir. Bandages would be good for delaying or preventing Infection, But I'll live, If I'm living at this point." He looks to the archer with a cold glare. Whether or not the young reptile knew Chrighton's reasons or not, He at the very least understood he had made the wrong choice. He had acted upon Impulse. Tried to be heroic. Chrighton would have every right to Blast his head off with a blast of Shakraan Oil from his Pulse Pistol, But Crighton appeared not to be interested in punishing his small, Unintentional act of treason, and that was more than enough for the little one. Keeping his gaze deeply and unblinkingly fixed upon the man beforr them, A small snarl escaped his lips. "You there. Projectile-Using Coward, Who are you, And what are your intentions? Whether to help us, or to harm Us, I caution you, The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Answer well, But answer carefully. You are in a dangerous position, What with myself, Two masked Maniacle bipeds and a loon, Not to mention the others. Should we trust you? Should we kill you right now?" As the Dragon waits for the mans Archer, he gives Crighton a glance to see if Chrighton will attempt to stop him from his questions. Young as he may be, He had indeed been a prince and by extention tought some of the rules of Interrogation, Yet his experience in the art would be, Among all others, next-to-nonexistant.

@BarrenThin @Thuro 116 Pendragon @T.O.M. @Hospes @The Silver Paladin
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Victor listened to this and smirked. True, it'd be dishonest to say he didn't have ideas for what someone coukd do with such an object. But, Alas, as the little leashed-menace that he is, He determines it better to play along. "And Why should I take you at your word? Your Reputation? Pah. Reputations can be falsified. Wheres the data? The proof of what that, albeit shiny, Cube, can do? You say it can kill people, but also give them DNA modification. Why not turn one of your disposable minions into a duck or something? That woukd go a LONG way towards proving your claims." Victor smirks a little, And he'd likely need to be reminded of the fact he's acting like his younger, Far less Homicidal, self. Well, Less Homicidal, Unless you're a tomato. In which case you should Roll like hell awayyyy!. He reaches a gloved hand towards the cube, nit with intent to pick it up, Closing his eyes, feeling the gamma radiation being emitted from it. "Hmm, My rm doesn't much like the direct proximity. I'd suspect it's Radioactive. Whatever it is. We'll Take it. After you give us that proof of course. Spirius wouldn't take well to people wasting their time y'know."

@Mighty Roman @whoeverthefrellelseifurgot.

Mobile Shitpost is mobile shitpost.

TWRgmFM.jpg

"If we knew what we wanted, we wouldn't be asking you now would we?"

Despite hobbling closer to the vigilante with a cane, Accelerator maintained a rather intimidating aura around him. His albino appearance and slightly crazed look were very unusual, after all. Yet before he got a chance to speak, the dragon spoke before him.

It'd still take some getting used to for a dragon to be around.

Yet he still smirked as he heard the dragon's questions. That wasn't what Accelerator wanted to know at all. He wouldn't trust him no matter what he said. Just take what he said into account and remember it in case it became useful. Trusting some random man like this, no matter what he said next, would be laughable.

"He's right about one thing, you've gotten yourself in a dangerous fucking position here. What happened here?"

Without another word, the esper suddenly grabbed the vigilante by the throat and pressed him against the wall with his reflection.

"No funny business or cutting corners, or you're dead. Got it?"

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @T.O.M. @Thuro 116 Pendragon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
A lot had changed for Rachel Alison. In only a matter of months, she'd gone through an entire revenge quest on those who hurt her. Made her what she was now. A genefreak, like those she'd so hated during those early days. They were friends once-her, Indigo, Naismith, Raoul. But they'd turned on her. She felt no regrets. She'd been taught better than that. Both through training and betrayal.

But she had a new family now. John Crichton's Lost Souls had provided her with purpose. To fight against the darkness so that others didn't have to. She could more than get behind that. If one thing had been made clear, it was unlikely that she'd ever have a peaceful retirement. Better to go down fighting.

The loss of Peacetown had hit her hard. It was once her home after all. It had since been transformed into a trap. But that loss hadn't resulted in tears, nor rage. It resulted in a numbness falling across her through those early days, like a part of her had been disconnected. She thought she was beyond such grief. Maybe not.
The Archer was a fighter, that was clear. He seemed to have the physique of a boxer, from what Rachel could tell. His eyes had seen loss, but was now overcome with some kind of harshness. He didn't seem hostile at the moment, at ease enough to drop the growl, but in Rachel's experience, she could tell that he wouldn't give up answers easily.
"How'd you find out about that guy? And why did you try to protect us?

@BarrenThin @FireDrake150 @T.O.M. @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian

TWRgmFM.jpg

~~~~

NEguOZpmWuenkh_1_b.jpg

"It's fine Sir. Bandages would be good for delaying or preventing Infection, But I'll live, If I'm living at this point."

"I'll get you fixed up as soon as I can man-.... dragon." He stumbled over the correct word to call the creature awkwardely. In all his travels he'd seen a lot of stuff, but a dragon was still high on the list of wtf (what the frell) things.

"We lost our medic, and I'm not rated as a combat surgeon. That was..." Zhaan. The poor blue alien plant that had given her life all those years ago. Because of what else? His obsession. His chasing after the wormholes had led to events that had gotten his friend killed. Then Kirito. The next medic to be lost.

Man, the medics were almost as hard to keep around as the Heart.

"...we'll get you fixed up." He promised, opting not to finish his earlier sentence.
"You there. Projectile-Using Coward, Who are you, And what are your intentions? Whether to help us, or to harm Us, I caution you, The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Answer well, But answer carefully. You are in a dangerous position, What with myself, Two masked Maniacle bipeds and a loon, Not to mention the others. Should we trust you? Should we kill you right now?"​

That was quite a few questions at once to answer, so he only opted to answer the last and in his opinion, most pressing question first.

tumblr_nbe8y4PdVc1r5o57jo1_500.gif

"I'd rather you didn't kill me." He said, halfway implied irony in his words. "If I wanted to harm you, I would have let the assassins take you away." Or shot each one of you in the head, the unspoken half the sentence hung in the air.
"He's right about one thing, you've gotten yourself in a dangerous fucking position here. What happened here?"​

The strength of the albino was surprising. He couldn't weigh more than ninety pounds, but he shoved the much larger and strong man against the wall with ease. The Arrow didn't seem to notice that his skin rippled back slightly from where Accelerator touched him.

tumblr_inline_nn37a1y5Fb1qkzm0i_500.gif

"I've..." The Arrow stopped for a half a second. This was actually a bit of a complicated situation. But, to put in succinctly.

"My allies have been watching for energy spikes around the city. A old friend broke out of prison a few days ago and we've been trying to find him before..." The Arrow paused and looked sober for a moment. "He's going to something pretty bad if we don't find him."

"When that energy bubble you caused lit up the power grid, I showed up as soon as I could. I thought it Slade." Then the Arrow gave a hard look at Accelerator and pulled on his arm, or tried to at least. Even the small movement towards against the Esper's arm was reflected back upon him. Still, the point was here. He was wasn't amused by this anymore.
"How'd you find out about that guy? And why did you try to protect us?
"That guy was part of a group that calls themselves the Assassins. They're some kind of underworld organization as far as anyone knows. They've been trying to muscle they're way into Starling City for the better part of the past year. When I showed up, they had you surrounded."

The Arrow shifted bow, aiming down its sights, making sure it hadn't been damaged, assuming the Esper had released him.

"I protect the people of this city. When a crime syndicate has someone surrounded, I help them then ask questions later."

Then, drawing his hood back up, he reassumed the mantle of the Arrow.

1jcpEMZY.png

"Now my question." Despite drawing his hood back into place, he didn't resume the growl. He didn't have anything to protect at this point.

"Who are you?"

@Kaykay @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman

Crichton faced the Archer down. He didn't have a menacing hood (though he did have a pretty bitchin trenchcoat), but he did have a certain air about him when he glowered. He'd learned it from Aeryn, then Snake.

Then that cracked, and the real John Crichton showed through. "Haven't you heard? I'm John Crichton, wooer of ladies everywhere, and this is Lost Souls."

92533119b7224159c14525f4d2d343e7.jpg

And then suddenly, a facepalm from the Arrow. That had to be the weirdest introduction he'd ever heard. He was used to people in costumes monologing at him, but this was something new.

Seeing his expression, Crichton defensively crossed his arms. "Bro, you asked. The truth is, we were attacked a few weeks ago, and we're here to track down whoever sent that giant robot."

That last bit actually got the Arrow's attention. He perked up, and his hand went to his ear. Quietly, he spoke to whoever was on the other end of what was obviously a radio in his ear. "Felicity, get Dig and clear the hideout. I'm bringing a few guests back. My identity's been compromised."

Then he looked at John again. "Follow me. I think we have the same problem."

With that, the Archer set off at a brisk pace out of the construction area, trailing ahead of the others.

It looked like it was going to be a bit of a walk. The others might as well take the chance to get to know each other.

@Mighty Roman @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT

((This post involves lore from my blog: Fate/Containment. It won't become important until a bit later, but I'm just laying a foundation.

No, that wasn't a pun.))

SCP-076 smiled. For the first time since the Foundation disbanded MTF Omega-7, Able was free. Following the Pandora's Box incident, the Foundation couldn't control Able any more. They gave the Son of Adam to The Organization to take care of. But because of an error with containment, he was temporarily being sent back to the Foundation. To a minor security facility.

But one thing about this facility: They were a bit lax about their containment, mainly because they didn't have access to information on containing Able properly. For starters, they let the perfect sociopath, the perfect Killing Machine eat with everyone in the standard Mess Hall. In there, there were all sorts of sharp metal things that could kill people. Able could have murdered them all immediately, but he showed restraint. They didn't maintain a kill zone near his cell like most SCP facilities. Another error was that they didn't arm their guards with the proper equipment necessary to take Able out. The final error was that Able was one of the smartest creatures known to man.

-----------------------

Doctor White stared at the coffee maker. The machine poured its content into White's SCP Foundation Mug.

mug,standard,220x200,right-pad,220x200,ffffff.jpg

((Can't believe this is a thing.))

When the machine finished its brew, he picked up the mug and his donut. He poured a packet of sugar into the mug. He made his way over to his laptop on his desk. He put the donut and coffee on the desk, and opened his laptop. He checked the news.

----------------------------------------

A guard patrolled next to Able's now empty cell. He carried no weapons except for a taser, and wasn't paying attention, which was a mistake around Able. Able immediately grabbed the man's taser, and zapped him, making the man collapse to the ground. Able left the man there, and continued walking forward.

Able took out guards left and right, leaving a trail. Eventually, someone else joined him. He wasn't sure what to make of it, and Able could be described in a child's report card as 'Doesn't play well with others', but he decided to work with him. They cleared out the prison much quicker than they would have, until they made it to an escape pod.

-------------------------------------------------

"UN Global Occult Coalition Undersecretary-General on trial." Was what the headline read. The UN controlled Global Occult Coalition was one of the enemies of the Foundation, destroying anomalous artifacts rather than preserving them. They had just crossed the 38th parallel, sparking unrest in the UN between North Korea and the other UN nations. The Global Occult Coalition just kept pushing, and the Undersecretary-General just kept letting it happen, in the unfounded goal of "They had anomalous objects." The GOC was now on trial for their actions, and their functions now made public, which was good for the Foundation. It meant the GOC wouldn't be on their ass.

It could also be bad for the Foundation of Foundation involved nations decided to leak documents. That was a worst case scenario.

Another headline read "UFO terror in Small Town, USA." The Foundation would deal with the mess, and deliver amnestics to all involved. Have the FBI's Unusual Incidents Unit deal with it. That was the type of shit The X-Files, as they called the UIU, dealt with, wasn't it? Doctor White put the mug of coffee to his mouth, and began reading the articles.

--------------------------------------------------

Able stepped towards the chamber. He looked at his new partner. They had taken out all who opposed them so far. He liked this new partner. Reminded him of the SCP Agents who were brave enough to fight him.

His new partner stepped up to the gate, and typed in the code incredibly quickly.

Able looked at him. "Ready?" He asked before stepping into the chamber.
-------------------------------------------------------
An alert showed up on Doctor White's computer from the Foundation:

SCP_Logo_1.1_preview_featured.jpg

"This is an alert from the Foundation: SCP-076 has suffered a containment breach. Activate Ophelia Protocol."

Doctor White spilled his mug, coffee pouring all over his desk, and dropped his donut. The message continued:

"Several other assets have also escaped. We are facing an XK-Class end-of-the-world scenario. All unoccupied Foundation and GOC assets are to meet at Site 19.

Thank you.
O5 Council"

The alert abruptly disappeared. Doctor White filed some paperwork. This was going to be a long day.

Interesting. A city. If Able weren't so concerned with getting away, he may have started going on a spree here, entering his trance, and killing people. He decided to stick with Lucifer. Able liked him. He had his senses. Able followed him into the subway tunnel.

He needed a rest.

Able gave a small smile. The sniper wouldn't be a problem. He could take several .50 Cal bullets no problem, and still be ripping people apart. The machine gunners seemed like issues, and combined with a sniper, Able felt like he was back at his original containment site. SCP-076 decided to play it cool.

@Melon @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Woo! Terrible post

The head of this hit squad was actually here at the moment, but she was much too busy to talk to basic bitches the two of them. She'd deal with them in due time, and she confirmed this as they radioed her. Instead, the two of them were tied up and made to wait in a corner.

Considering the normal brutality of the triad, this was actually more than fair. But, just the same, out of one prison into another.

Any attempt to escape would more than likely get them killed. But, they weren't being stopped from talking by the guards.

@Melon @The Silver Paladin

Izana looks at Crighton, and uses the tip of his tail to get the lunatic's attention. "I appreciate the thought, But the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I'm far less significant. However, I may be able to fly with you, and maybe one other, After him, Making sure no one gets lost and that we aren't walking blindly into another trap. This is, Of course, assuming you intent to follow the Green Protectile-launching pyramid. The choice is, As it always will be, Yours." In truth the reptile didn't care much for 'Getting to know' Accellerator, Hei, Or Vader, Especially with Vaders seemingly Psychic powers. But, More significantly, The Sapphire beast remembered something about being told by his father once that Every human fantasized at least once in their lives of either riding on a Dragon's back, Or slaying them, and that if the unlikely situation ever were to rise, To make sure he chose wisely. Until now he had no idea what His father had meant, But now he figured he was starting to understand. That, and They weren't exactly loaded with options at the moment.

@Kaykay @T.O.M. @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon @anyoneelseImayhavemissedmobileshitpostismobileshitpost.

• Thank You

Sirens wailed in the distance and street lamps died as they flickered in a way reminiscent of torches. In a way, this was a very accurate assessment. Times changed, technology advanced and people still feared the same old things. They feared the dark, they feared being alone and above all? They feared the unquiet silence when they strode in places that combined the prior two. All for good reason. Centuries may pass by, but inbred instinct that ensured survival was slow to forget that once, we too were prey for greater predators.

A concept more literal then expected now.

It was a shadow on the senses of those sensitive to such. Like a white noise in the background of filth and crime, past the sodden minds of those blanked on drugs and the desperation that was the purview of the less fortunate. It was in the silence of the world as the party strode down the alley, as though everything was holding its breath.

It was in the sudden explosion of the ground around where the bulk of the party was walking, as something smashed the pavement and let them fall into the sewers where something awaited.

Crichton was the first to go, as in the scant light extended a thick, scaled hand as it dragged him into the dark. The sound of flesh tearing and bones snapping filled the air, as whatever it was feasted. And then they saw it, stomping forward and looming far over the rest with a savage, jagged grin.

640px-Killer_Croc_-_Batman_Arkham_Asylum.png

"Thanks for the appetizer. But I'm still hungry."

And with a roar, the creature charged.

@Kaykay @T.O.M. @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon @FireDrake150

• Love

Sirens wailed in the distance and street lamps died as they flickered in a way reminiscent of torches. In a way, this was a very accurate assessment. Times changed, technology advanced and people still feared the same old things. They feared the dark, they feared being alone and above all? They feared the unquiet silence when they strode in places that combined the prior two. All for good reason. Centuries may pass by, but inbred instinct that ensured survival was slow to forget that once, we too were prey for greater predators.

A concept more literal then expected now.

It was a shadow on the senses of those sensitive to such. Like a white noise in the background of filth and crime, past the sodden minds of those blanked on drugs and the desperation that was the purview of the less fortunate. It was in the silence of the world as the party strode down the alley, as though everything was holding its breath.

It was in the sudden explosion of the ground around where the bulk of the party was walking, as something smashed the pavement and let them fall into the sewers where something awaited.

Crichton was the first to go, as in the scant light extended a thick, scaled hand as it dragged him into the dark. The sound of flesh tearing and bones snapping filled the air, as whatever it was feasted. And then they saw it, stomping forward and looming far over the rest with a savage, jagged grin.

640px-Killer_Croc_-_Batman_Arkham_Asylum.png

"Thanks for the appetizer. But I'm still hungry."

And with a roar, the creature charged.

Crichton was gone for a moment. In that moment of death, he ceased to exist, just for the briefest of miliseconds. He'd always hated this feeling. This nothing in the space before he was put back together.

As the body that was inside the giant monster's body turned to mist then vanished completely, a silent chant ran through the universe that sang the song of John Crichton, the explorer, the fighter, cursed one, mix of the two worlds.

From the curse we are birthed, from the flame we live.

Crichton stepped around the corner of the building that had shielded him from view as he reborn. If he'd been pale when Kresnik had killed him, he looked nothing short of an albino now. He could have been Accelerator's brother.

With a snarl that was completely at odds with his usual chill-lets-all-live-in-peace attitude, he pointed his pulse pistol at the giant crocodile thing that had attacked them and said in a voice that dripped with venom.

hqdefault.jpg

"Stand still or I'll burn a hole between your eyes."

Izana looks at Crighton as the question is asked. "It's fine Sir. Bandages would be good for delaying or preventing Infection, But I'll live, If I'm living at this point." He looks to the archer with a cold glare. Whether or not the young reptile knew Chrighton's reasons or not, He at the very least understood he had made the wrong choice. He had acted upon Impulse. Tried to be heroic. Chrighton would have every right to Blast his head off with a blast of Shakraan Oil from his Pulse Pistol, But Crighton appeared not to be interested in punishing his small, Unintentional act of treason, and that was more than enough for the little one. Keeping his gaze deeply and unblinkingly fixed upon the man beforr them, A small snarl escaped his lips. "You there. Projectile-Using Coward, Who are you, And what are your intentions? Whether to help us, or to harm Us, I caution you, The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Answer well, But answer carefully. You are in a dangerous position, What with myself, Two masked Maniacle bipeds and a loon, Not to mention the others. Should we trust you? Should we kill you right now?" As the Dragon waits for the mans Archer, he gives Crighton a glance to see if Chrighton will attempt to stop him from his questions. Young as he may be, He had indeed been a prince and by extention tought some of the rules of Interrogation, Yet his experience in the art would be, Among all others, next-to-nonexistant.

@BarrenThin @Thuro 116 Pendragon @T.O.M. @Hospes @The Silver Paladin
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Victor listened to this and smirked. True, it'd be dishonest to say he didn't have ideas for what someone coukd do with such an object. But, Alas, as the little leashed-menace that he is, He determines it better to play along. "And Why should I take you at your word? Your Reputation? Pah. Reputations can be falsified. Wheres the data? The proof of what that, albeit shiny, Cube, can do? You say it can kill people, but also give them DNA modification. Why not turn one of your disposable minions into a duck or something? That woukd go a LONG way towards proving your claims." Victor smirks a little, And he'd likely need to be reminded of the fact he's acting like his younger, Far less Homicidal, self. Well, Less Homicidal, Unless you're a tomato. In which case you should Roll like hell awayyyy!. He reaches a gloved hand towards the cube, nit with intent to pick it up, Closing his eyes, feeling the gamma radiation being emitted from it. "Hmm, My rm doesn't much like the direct proximity. I'd suspect it's Radioactive. Whatever it is. We'll Take it. After you give us that proof of course. Spirius wouldn't take well to people wasting their time y'know."

@Mighty Roman @whoeverthefrellelseifurgot.

Mobile Shitpost is mobile shitpost.
Marsden froze for a moment, pointing at Victor as if he was unsure of what to say. Which he was. He then laughed. "I like you, man, I do. Straight to the point." And as if in response to Victor's request, a guard ran into the room, hurriedly. "Sir, I checked the West Patrol. It's a damn bloodbath out there! There was this metal guy who-" Marsden interrupted by grabbing the guard's wrist. "Do you believe in luck?" "I-I-I"
He then slammed the guard's hand onto the cube. A shockwave of energy shot out across the room, alongside a ringing noise. The guard was probably the only person in the room to remain unmoved. He was breathing heavily. "I-I'm alive." He lifted a hand up to his face. No change.
Then his hands burst into flames. He screamed incoherently, but even he could see that the skin of his hand wasn't being burnt.

"Pyrokinesis. A little thing we've been working on." Marsden lowered his voice saying. "I wouldn't go for that as a test run. He has 3 days to live I'd say-"
But he was interrupted by a KE-RACK sound. Gunfire, from outside. A second sniper. With the Pyrokinetic guard in his sights.
"This is a mercy, brother." he said, firing again through the warehouse window.
"The hell are you waiting for, get out there!" shouted Marsden. Two of his bodyguards armed themselves and stepped outside.

Sloan smiled, speaking for the first time in a while. "We just got our opening."
@FireDrake150 @Gen. Gwazi Senpai

Crichton faced the Archer down. He didn't have a menacing hood (though he did have a pretty bitchin trenchcoat), but he did have a certain air about him when he glowered. He'd learned it from Aeryn, then Snake.

Then that cracked, and the real John Crichton showed through. "Haven't you heard? I'm John Crichton, wooer of ladies everywhere, and this is Lost Souls."

92533119b7224159c14525f4d2d343e7.jpg

And then suddenly, a facepalm from the Arrow. That had to be the weirdest introduction he'd ever heard. He was used to people in costumes monologing at him, but this was something new.

Seeing his expression, Crichton defensively crossed his arms. "Bro, you asked. The truth is, we were attacked a few weeks ago, and we're here to track down whoever sent that giant robot."

That last bit actually got the Arrow's attention. He perked up, and his hand went to his ear. Quietly, he spoke to whoever was on the other end of what was obviously a radio in his ear. "Felicity, get Dig and clear the hideout. I'm bringing a few guests back. My identity's been compromised."

Then he looked at John again. "Follow me. I think we have the same problem."

With that, the Archer set off at a brisk pace out of the construction area, trailing ahead of the others.

It looked like it was going to be a bit of a walk. The others might as well take the chance to get to know each other.

@Mighty Roman @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay @T.O.M. @Cromartie Sarkissian @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Scott simply stared for a brief moment, completely lost in all that was happening.
"Well, I only have enough questions to last a lifetime"
The young man raised his helmet once more, inhaling deeply. All of the stagnant air inside the suit had been burning at his lungs, corroding them like acid ever since this Robin-Hood figure had arrived. Something wasn't right about him... he was definitely hiding something
"This 'Old Friend' of yours...Who is he? Got any nasty tricks up his sleeve?"

Then, out of nowhere, a giant crocodile came into the scene; as if things couldn't get any weirder.
"Well, I'm going to go and assume this guy is a hostile?"
This was hardly a best case scenario; no only were they about to be eaten by a killer crocodile, but they were having to fight back against it on its own turf. This guy could probably weave in and out of this maze with ease, only to laugh at the Lost Souls...emphasis on the 'Lost'

But every sewage/smog cloud has a silver lining! The group had one thing the amphibian didn't; numbers. Not only was the current membership enough to overwhelm this mutant, but these sort of tunnels... the dark damp madness... the perfect breeding place for insects...for ANTS! Pressing his index fingers against the rims of his helmet, Scott sent out a psychic message, calling out to all the ants in the area, intent on summoning them all to his position
"Hey! Spyro!" Lang cried out to the dragon "Could you try talking to this guy in some secret lizard language? If you can buy me some time, I've got a plan..."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Everyoneelse
Mobile Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor nods to Sloan, carefully repackaging the glowing Blue cube of Mass hostility back into its casing, and tossing it to sloan. "Best take this gor safe keeping. it could be immensely useful." He then turns and approavkes Marsden's Back. A big mistake. Never give Victor your back so willingly, Unless of course you enjoy being stuck, hammered, or captured by the man. Holding his swords across Marsden's neck, and holding the man off balence over the masterminds knee, He Receeds back to sloan, Sheathing one blade and using one hand to tie the man's arms and gag him. Once Victor had sufficiently, albeit a bit messily, tied him, He sheathed the other blade and creaked his neck to knock him out. grabbing him by the collar, Victor was prepared to take out the trash, so to speak, and finish their objective.

Izana looked at What was happening with shock and awe. And then a man with a knack for, Shrinking? Decided to ask him for his assistance. Mulling over the options, Letting the mutant attack Incredible Mr. Shrink, Obey him as if he were Chrighton or the masked menaces, or come up with his own inorthodox plan, He determined the idea the Ant-Lord posed the greatest amount of logical sense, if such a thing existed anymore. "2 things, Man of Shrink. I am flattered to be referred to by the great legends name but I am not worthy of it yet. And 2, Be careful who you call Lizard. It's a derogatory term in my culture, and one that is, How to put it, The same as calling your kind out by the color of their skin? I fail to recall the word, But its essentially the same concept. I'll see what I can do for you." The sapphire reptile stepped carefully towards the mutant, keepong his profile low and one of respect, Showing he had nothing concealed in his wings or paws, And started speaking in both English and Japanese in turn. The english preceeded the Japanese, And only so that everyone around him on his 'team' except Chrighton and the others that had the ability to understand other languages already would know what was being said on his part.

"Hello. We mean you no harm. Please, Might we be able to discuss this without violence?"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mighty Roman @BarrenThin @T.O.M. @Hospes @whoever the flip I'm missing.

MobileShitpostFTW

Victor nods to Sloan, carefully repackaging the glowing Blue cube of Mass hostility back into its casing, and tossing it to sloan. "Best take this gor safe keeping. it could be immensely useful." He then turns and approavkes Marsden's Back. A big mistake. Never give Victor your back so willingly, Unless of course you enjoy being stuck, hammered, or captured by the man. Holding his swords across Marsden's neck, and holding the man off balence over the masterminds knee, He Receeds back to sloan, Sheathing one blade and using one hand to tie the man's arms and gag him. Once Victor had sufficiently, albeit a bit messily, tied him, He sheathed the other blade and creaked his neck to knock him out. grabbing him by the collar, Victor was prepared to take out the trash, so to speak, and finish their objective.

Izana looked at What was happening with shock and awe. And then a man with a knack for, Shrinking? Decided to ask him for his assistance. Mulling over the options, Letting the mutant attack Incredible Mr. Shrink, Obey him as if he were Chrighton or the masked menaces, or come up with his own inorthodox plan, He determined the idea the Ant-Lord posed the greatest amount of logical sense, if such a thing existed anymore. "2 things, Man of Shrink. I am flattered to be referred to by the great legends name but I am not worthy of it yet. And 2, Be careful who you call Lizard. It's a derogatory term in my culture, and one that is, How to put it, The same as calling your kind out by the color of their skin? I fail to recall the word, But its essentially the same concept. I'll see what I can do for you." The sapphire reptile stepped carefully towards the mutant, keepong his profile low and one of respect, Showing he had nothing concealed in his wings or paws, And started speaking in both English and Japanese in turn. The english preceeded the Japanese, And only so that everyone around him on his 'team' except Chrighton and the others that had the ability to understand other languages already would know what was being said on his part.

"Hello. We mean you no harm. Please, Might we be able to discuss this without violence?"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mighty Roman @BarrenThin @T.O.M. @Hospes @whoever the flip I'm missing.

MobileShitpostFTW
post-credits-1436376773.gif

"Right, sorry, my bad"
Scott muttered, still trying to hold the line
"I'm still coming to terms with the whole 'The Multiverse is a thing' thing. I probably came off as a real bigot back there, and I dont want to be that guy, but right now I think we should focus on taking this guy down!"

@FireDrake150 @Thuro 116 Pendragon
Anyone Else
Moblie Crappost​

Last edited by a moderator:
Accelerator had released the vigilante, his vain attempts at getting Accelerator to let go convincing him he didn't need to hold him down. Otherwise he simply would've done something Accelerator couldn't defend against, if he knew of any such method. Either way, he was no threat to him, at least, and they seemed to share the same objective if the rest of the conversation proved anything.

And then Crichton was eaten. Well then. That was a quick end to their defacto leader. At least, until he respawned. That was certainly a convenient power, though looking at him it seemed to take a lot out of him. In any case, Accelerator didn't plan to be eaten today, nor stare at that ugly mug for any longer than he had to.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2kzawmaio5q8gckc4wo80cw8k_640.gif

He clicked on Esper mode and began to approach the monster. At least, the monster in appearance.

He bet it didn't know a damn thing about a real monster.

The boy's advance would begin to meet the thing's charge. Accelerator used nothing more than his passive reflection to attempt to meet the monster head on, sending the force of its charge directly back into its body.

@Ringmaster @T.O.M. @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon @FireDrake150

"Stand still or I'll burn a hole between your eyes."
The sapphire reptile stepped carefully towards the mutant, keepong his profile low and one of respect, Showing he had nothing concealed in his wings or paws, And started speaking in both English and Japanese in turn. The english preceeded the Japanese, And only so that everyone around him on his 'team' except Chrighton and the others that had the ability to understand other languages already would know what was being said on his part.

The answer to the dragon was no.

Nor did he seem to care for threats in the least, eyes alight with savagery and twisted hunger.

Also, this was why it was not a good idea to try to play peacemaker in a fight. Izana in his attempt to go the front and stall for time, would discover firsthand how Croc dealt with pacifists.

With a heavy hand as he backhanded in the direction of Izana's mouth, the full heavy force if successful slamming the dragon into the side of the wall in the sewer, smashing into a sludge pipe and shattering it on impact. The croc had tasted blood, despite the loss of feeling sated from the Immortality ability. And by hook or crook, this would only end one of two ways.

All of which satisfied him just fine as he lunged-
He clicked on Esper mode and began to approach the monster. At least, the monster in appearance.

He bet it didn't know a damn thing about a real monster.

The boy's advance would begin to meet the thing's charge. Accelerator used nothing more than his passive reflection to attempt to meet the monster head on, sending the force of its charge directly back into its body.
And just as quickly died. A bloody end, to an equally bloody monster.

• Nice Execution!

MobileShitpostFTW
Marsden struggled, but was no match for Kresnik. The American was hurriedly screaming down his phone for some kind of back-up.
"Tell the Indigo Foundation I quit! I quit!! This is goddamn madness, and I'm not gonna make-"
"Time to go," said Sloan. He took a device out of his pocket and pressed a button on it. "It's Hometime, class." As another sniper shot arced towards him, he dived out of the way, landing heavily on the ground. He took out his gun, and pointed it at the roof the sniper was on. He only peered around the door, using the warehouse wall for cover.
"Damn it, he's running. Wish I had my Origin goggles with me."
Lightning crackled, illuminating the sniper's form. As he agilely leapt across the rooftops, he threw something from the roof towards the ground.

Something which almost looked like a folded-up deckchair in shape.
As it clattered on the ground, it bounced up into a humanoid shape. It was a metallic being, painted red and black. The edge of the droid's face had been sharpened into a beak. One eye had been replaced with a red, circular viewfinder. The Battle Droid held an energy blade in one hand. His other clutched a blaster.
latest
"Have been Sent to Violence. By Commander." His voice was a distorted rasp, like an old, crackling tannoy. "Sent to terminate. Roger, Roger."
It's feet pounding against the ground, the Battle Droid slammed it's body into Kresnik, it's energy blade slashing around him. The droid slammed it's blaster into Kresnik's face, pistol-whipping him. "FourthWall is watching. Watching. Roger, Roger."
"The hell?" said Sloan. He'd encountered these before. B-1s were almost a joke. He'd never seen one move so fast. "Take this thing down, protect the target!"
@FireDrake150 @Gen. Gwazi Senpai @D.E.C.
--------------------

Interlude: The Insurgent
Breaking into Bannerman base was surprisingly easy. Too easy. The computers were too easy to hack, the tunnels, other than some rudimentary security droids, was nigh-on unguarded. The Insurgent had to take out a few Agents on the way in though. They looked intimidating, but really, they were nothing more than machines. More Dauntless blundering than Erudite planning.
The simplicity of his mission didn't make him uneasy though. He was better than that. Always had been. Confidence is what'd kept him alive for so long. That, and being a good liar to the right people.
No, the Insurgent was worried that he was on the losing Team. The Organisation's resources seemed unbeatable, insurmountable, and often even impossible. The shock of seeing entirely different worlds beyond the boundaries of what he knew was almost common to the Insurgent by now. The rules of the game changed too often, with him only just making it onto the right lifeboat whenever a proverbial ship sank.

But today, that was perhaps about to change. After all, he was here to achieve two objectives. The first was why he'd gone to all this trouble. The second would be a cakewalk. The Insurgent had never tried cake before. He wondered if he'd get one if he completed his mission. He pushed on into a meeting room. Detonator charges took out the door. He vaulted over a barrier, landing on a glass panel.
Starhawk looked up at him.

"Well look at you." said The Insurgent, smiling. "You wanna go and told me what you told them. Because tell you what, you spill the beans and I'll, get you out." He waved one of his detonators as if to prove his point.
"You are lying." said Starhawk. "You have no intention of freeing me. You desire knowledge from-"
"The One Who Knows. Yeah yeah, I did my homework."

"They have found your presence here."
"Good."

The Insurgent raised his hands in the air, sighing as two Agents aimed their guns at him. They were shoutingthe typical gung-ho Police Warnings. Something along the lines of "Don't move!" or "Drop your weapons!". Or at least the Insurgent assumed they did. He wasn't really listening. He'd heard it from a hundred other cops, soldiers, or revolutionaries. He could feel his hands being cuffed behind his back.
"Fine! I give you my full, unconditional surrender. Look at me trying to escape." he said, sarcastically.
latest

Or anything. My name's Peter Hayes. Do I get my one phone call?"
------

End of Interlude
Rain started to fall from the sky, hitting the pavement heavily.
There he was. The man called Sylar. His target. His bounty.
His prize.
Trace of the Triskellion moved out from the shadows. His invisibility field fell. His prey could see him now.

"Sylar. Your judgement day has come. It is time for you and your machine companion to return to the darkness. Face me at your full power. I demand it. I demand the glory of crushing you to make the Triskellion Empire even stronger."
250px-Trace_mph_Artwork_01.png

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon

After Accelerator had blown the crocodile man back to kingdom come using only his reflection, a clever way to overcome his limitations Crichton had mused to himself, he'd pulled out his phone and started sorting through Organization databases, quickly narrowing down the possibilities of who they're assailant was… had been, It was actually pretty boring. It'd have been interesting if he was a deadly assassin sent to kill the Lost Souls in their infancy, but it was nothing of the like as far as Crichton could tell. His name was Killer Croc, frequently fought against a vigilante called Batman, and had mysteriously dropped off the grid a few months back.
Well, it looked like they'd found him.
The Organization Captain was briefly curious how he'd come to be here, but then mentally waved it off after a moment. They had enough to deal with at the moment without adding teenage mutant killer turtles to the list.
Meanwhile, the Arrow, who'd fitted a, well, arrow, to his bow during the rampage and had drawn back on it, searching for a clear shot, instead lowered his bow, slowing easing back on the tension as he looked at Crichton.
"I never actually believed in the rumors about crocodiles in the sewers." The Arrow said dryly to Crichton. Huh. Apparently he'd picked up a sense of humor somewhere along the way.
Putting a finger to his ear, he turned away from Crichton and said in a low voice to someone they couldn't see. "Dig, I think I figured out why the runaways have been disappearing."
Crichton looked at the corpse of the monster and had a sudden urge to pull out his weapon and shoot it. He restrained himself, somehow.
"Any idea how we get back up?" Crichton asked the Arrow, deferring to his advice instead of Lost Souls as if somehow crawling around in the sewers was an everyday occurrence for him. Which, who knows? Maybe it was.
Instead of the Arrow answering, it was instead the Ant-Man that answered, not verbally, but by action instead. The ants he'd summoned to fight the Croc, while not needed after Accelerator took care of the problem, instead served as a makeshift walkway up.
As the reemerged into the night sky, brilliant but dirty, beautiful grime, a dazzling down to earthness, they could see their location in the distance. A nightclub. Crichton almost turned and made a quip about how he left his dancing shoes at the train station, and probably would have back in the day, before Lordan, but he was living in a post Lordan world, in a post Lordan life. Instead, his dulled sense of humor kept him silent as they went around to the back, through a door that was carefully inset and even more carefully hidden.
As the descended down into the earth, down into the foundry, an overwhelming perception came to them.
Green :|
Faint green overhead lighting warred with blue LED desk lights as they illuminated a veritable armory matched with a high tech gadgets. This was the Foundry, the home of the Arrow and his allies. Those allies who were, despite orders, standing in a row to face the strangers. There were three of them, the first, a short blonde woman in thick glasses and a plaid shirt that shifted nervously from side to side as the Arrow entered the building.
The next was a well built black man in an impeccable suit, one of his hands suspiciously close to a firearm tucked into a holster at his side. He was staring at the Lost Souls, lingering over each one of them in kind, staring for a slightly longer time than necessary at Izana. Not really surprising that dragon's tend to get funny looks wherever they go.
The last in the line was another blonde woman, slightly taller than the first. She had the trim look of a kickboxer, and a certain sadness in her eyes that warred with the stony expression on her face as these strangers wandered into one of the most secret places in Starling City.
The Arrow was the first to speak, lowering his hood as he directed his words at all three, but especially at the man in the suit.
"Diggle. I thought I told you to leave. Only my identity had to be exposed today."
The man in the suit, Diggle, had a completely unapologetic expression on his face as he replied, "Sorry Oliver. But Sara just arrived with some new information. We're going to need all the help we can get."
Moving over to the weapon's rack, he placed his bow on the resting place for it then unslung his holster, laying it beside the bow. Turning back to the three of them, he made an announcement that made the three of them dumbfounded in surprise, though they were professional enough not to show it.
"They're off worlders. Those rumors that William Miles has been spreading aren't crazy. We were attacked by another one of the 'invaders' on the way here, a croc that's been the source of our disappearing children. Not Slade. I think we've been way, way off base with our guesses."
This is when Crichton stepped in. He'd been fine with being kept in the dark when he'd had no choice, I.E. when having a gun pointed in his face or chasing after a mysterious savior, but now he wanted answers. Stepping forward from the grouped together Lost Souls, he literally forced his way into the conversation as he moved into their line of sight.
"Hey, I don't mean to intrude into what is clearly very important grown up talk, but we brought here for a lead on the people that attacked us." After a moment's pause, he added, "Not the crocodile, the giant robot from before."
The three of them traded mystified glances with Oliver, who just shook his head. "Felicity, bring up the reports on World Marshall LLC."
As the blonde woman moved to the row of three computers, pulling up various files, Oliver moved to the metal table in the center of the room, hopped up on it, and unzipped his leather jacket. Underneath he was wearing a skin tight t-shirt that he promptly pulled off. He was ripped, in the sense that he was extremely fit, and torn, in the fact that his torso was covered in scar tissue. A single Bratva tattoo stood out on his back, another scar that had another story. As he grabbed a roll of tape to hold his bruised ribs in place he began to speak.
"World Marshall LLC was my main competitor in the field of cybernetics when I was the head of Queen Consolidated. They were… more than that. Light years ahead of me. They had active battle units in the field while we were still working on robotic limbs."
This is when the first blonde girl, the one with the glasses, Felicity, broke in from her spot at the computers. " They were like, ahead of the technological curve in anything military application related. They had flying cyborgs, brain preservation, even had bipedal tanks with autonomous AI based off old designs from the eighties that could totally shift the global balance of power because they were able to launch nukes from anywhere on the planet." Felicity finally stopped rambling when she realized she was totally starting to fangirl over the awesome stuff World Marshall had come up with.
While she had spoke, Felicity had brought up a spinning 3-D representation of the Metal Gear that she had been talking about, a long, insectile looking thing that had a set of specifications set down into the lower corner.
Crichton strode over and peered at the display, and felt his blood run cold. It was the very same monstrosity that had attacked them. He was silent for a moment, then he turned back to Lost Souls.
"We're going to World Marshall."
That was when Dig spoke up, nodding at Sara as he said, "I don't know what you need at World Marshall or why Oliver decided it was a good idea to bring you back here, but you need to quiet down for a minute. Sara has something that's a lot more close to home than trouble with World Marshall."
Sara looked up from where she was helping Oliver with his bandaging, then with a sigh stepped away. She was always the bearer of bad news it seemed like. "The Assassin's Guild has an informant inside Slade's group. He's been feeding us information on what Slade is up to, which is very secret. Slade only has a few lieutenants that have the big picture, and the traitor isn't popular anywhere."
Oliver swore then looked at Sara. "Nyssa's back in town, isn't she? That's why you're back?"
The blond woman reached out for Oliver, stroking his cheek gently, a special look passing between them. "I slipped away because I know how dangerous Slade is. It's going to take more than me to stop him, and Nyssa doesn't even care. She's just here for the Triad."
That was when Dig cut in. "Where does the Triad fit into this? Last I checked they weren't that into Starling City after all the trouble the Arrow's caused them."
"The Triad is here on Slade's orders. He's coerced them into setting up a drug ring based out of the old subway system. I don't know how, but he's got them following at least some of his orders."
Oliver finished the thought for both of them. "And Nyssa's here to fill out a contract to take out the Triad. The guild doesn't do anything for the greater good."
The silence was unbroken until,
"What?"
That was Crichton, trying to wrap his mind around what was going on. He was truly, definitely, completely and utterly, stumped. He was used to being confused about the goings on of the wider universe, it was the curse of being human in a Peacekeeper/Scarran universe. But this was earth, and he was supposed understand just what the hell was going on. Home court advantage yo.
"Um, sir?" Felicity spoke up timidly, her words aimed at Crichton. "You might be interested to see this."
On the screen she had pulled up a camera feed taken a few hours ago downtown of a purple haired boy with wings and a heavily tattooed man falling out of a portal very similar to the one that Lost Souls and in fact the greater Organization was used to traveling in. They both stood around for a moment or two, then darted inside the tunnel system.
Crichton stood there, pinching the brow of his nose for a minute, his quickfire temper flaring up at how confusing things were quickly getting. Peace. Calm. Yin Yang Yo.
When John finally felt his irritation fade away, he gave order's to his squad. "Izana, Accelerator, Lang, you three are going into the sewers to deal with the Triad thing and find out who else is breaking the no travel zone. Enemy of my enemy and all that dren."
He didn't even notice that he'd just indirectly referred to the Organization as his enemy.
"I'm going to World Marshall to find out just who the frell is screwing with us. Any volunteers that want to come with either of us can come, or they can sit down here in the Arrow Cave."
He looked at Oliver, who was clearly the leader here. "Uh… if that's alright with you fearless leader."
Queen looked at Team Arrow, none of whom objected, then waved a hand dismissively. "Don't break anything, and don't get in the way of my people. Other than that..."
Crichton nodded. Right. It looked like it was going to be a joint Arrow/Lost Souls effort for a while.
If Lost Souls had anything to ask, add, discuss, or maybe even vent if they were dangerously unstable psychopaths (lookin at you albino boy), now would be a good time.

@sorryformattingisallscrewythistimeround​

Izana looks at the group, Trying to get his mind around what all was happening, Before letting out a small quip at the unusually long stare. "Careful Miss. Or your eyes might get burned." In all seriousness, The dragon had cracked a joke at people who where probably so on red alert that their heads were practically spinning. Not thr best tactic. Looking to Accelerator and Lang, Izana sighs, Before collapsing on the ground. The Impact the Crockmutant-monster-thing, and yes that is how the dragon chooses to recall the beast, finally starting to affect him in a bad way. "Crighton, I don't mind following my superiors orders. As a prince that essentially was my day job, but could I perhaps recooperate for a bit? My Muscles were torn by shrapnel, and thrn I get backhanded across a sewer and probably broke something in the process. If I keep taking hits for you like this, one after anothet, I'll likely be thr next Aeryn, The Next Kirito. The next tick mark on your casialty tally. Remember that while many of you are hardened criminals, Or thats the rumor they spoon fed me on my way here, I'm just a small reptile that lost everything, and then got enlisted and So fastly demoted in rank that the only course of action my brother woukd have taken in the same circumstances is Seppuku.... (Japanese POW Ceremonial Suicide). I need Medical attention eventually after that impact. Make sure I don't have internal bleeding or some sort....." he stops to caugh, And a small amount of red riquid comes up but he tries to hide it, trying to be strong and gain the respect of some of these lunatics, hoping it makes his life easier, Before his vision fades and he winds up passing out. Not death yet, Nor are his internal injuries that severe if handled relatively soon, (Give it a month or two) But any extenuating time frame and it coukd develop into a major medical problem. Ad the dragon lay unconsious, Crighton would get a good view of the dragons back and sides. A MASSIVE bruise the shape of the sludge pipe he impacted and proke ran down his back, and a spine or two seemed dislocated, As did a rib that seemed to be putting slight pressure on his internals, Though there could just be swelling pressing doen on the rib, it'd be hard to say
either way you slice it, The poor reptile would be no doubt in near unbearable agony when his emotional and physical status wers combined, and yet he seemed ready and willing to continue serving. Loyal, If still naive.

@Thuro Pendragon @Mighty Roman @whomever the crud else, this moile post is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.