The Team: Phase II

• Thread starter Thuro 116 Pendragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Listen, I meant what I said! I havn't seen that face before in my life"

William listened, but he didn't believe him. Not yet. These invaders had been infiltrating their world for centuries. They'd say and do anything to gain a foothold in their world. He just crossed his arms impassively, the photo of his son clenched in his grip. But as the man in what looked like a boiler suit kept talking, something felt off about the whole situation. William Miles was never a man that doubted his own convictions, but this group of the invaders...
"I know how you feel, man" The Antman mumbled "I have a kid too. She's a lot younger than yours, by the looks of things. Her name is Cassie. I know what you're going through. Being separated from them sucks"
"You really think I'd hurt someone else kid, no matter 'is age? No. The answer's no. Let me help you get him back"

They weren't like the group in the nineties. Those had come, taken what they'd wanted, then left without another word. Taking their prize with them.

For a moment, William's face softened. Maybe they were being honest, and they weren't the same as the other visitors. From the history of his own world there was always those who would take and those who would oppose them.

Then his face hardened again. Sara Stillman, Allison Phillips, John King, and finally his own flesh and blood, Desmond Miles. They were who he was doing this for. The moment of indecision was gone, and he called out to his men, "Take them back for interrogation. If they resist, shoot to kill. We only need on-..."

The Mentor never got to finish his sentence. A single arrow sailed into the group, in the no man's land between Lost Souls and the armed men. Both sides stared at it for a minute before tracing it back to it's source.

tumblr_inline_nomzfrB1o61shrb8p_500.gif

Look up to the skies and you could see him. The archer was crouched on the catwalks, another arrow already fitted and pulled taut. He was fitted in a tight green leather suit with a cloth hood pulled over the top. He crouched hidden in the darkness, a guardian angel for lost souls and a terror for those who would prey on the city.

He yelled one word in a gravelly voice, "Scatter!"

The arrow sunk deep into the ground exploded in a wave of sound and light, a concussion grenade that been fitted onto onto the back of an arrow shaft.

It would be a really good time for Lost Souls to get the hell out of there.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @FireDrake150 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @T.O.M. @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

Izana Listens to the whole interchange, Doing as the man suggested, Grabbing Kirito and Crighton, Using his wings and hind legs to keep going, Getting as far away from the blast as possible, Before a fragment of metal cuts into his back and he drops them both, collapsing between them, Though still consious. "He's not going to Listen to reason. We should get the crap out of here." He shoots Crighton a glance. "That is, If you agree, Commander." His voice had a twinge of anger, Almost like he was using his words like bullets. "So, Plan's a bust. What happens now?" Ignoring his wound, As serious or not as it might turn out, It's not something that will be able to be Immediately cared for, And Is certainately not something any of them, Well, except for MAYBE Kirito, And the reptile has started to learn that about his group. And besides, his chances of survival are abysmal if he doesn't start stepping up and acting the part. At this juncture, the Sapphire dragon shifts his gaze to Kirito. "Kirito-San, Please help the others. We may not be friends, But, No man left behind, Yes?" He closes his eyes for a few minutes, Before starting to push himself back to his paws.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @BarrenThin

(Victor Post coming as soon as I catch up with his events. EDIT: Nothing seems to have happened to Victor since my last post. End post till responses come. )

William listened, but he didn't believe him. Not yet. These invaders had been infiltrating their world for centuries. They'd say and do anything to gain a foothold in their world. He just crossed his arms impassively, the photo of his son clenched in his grip. But as the man in what looked like a boiler suit kept talking, something felt off about the whole situation. William Miles was never a man that doubted his own convictions, but this group of the invaders...

They weren't like the group in the nineties. Those had come, taken what they'd wanted, then left without another word. Taking their prize with them.

For a moment, William's face softened. Maybe they were being honest, and they weren't the same as the other visitors. From the history of his own world there was always those who would take and those who would oppose them.

Then his face hardened again. Sara Stillman, Allison Phillips, John King, and finally his own flesh and blood, Desmond Miles. They were who he was doing this for. The moment of indecision was gone, and he called out to his men, "Take them back for interrogation. If they resist, shoot to kill. We only need on-..."

The Mentor never got to finish his sentence. A single arrow sailed into the group, in the no man's land between Lost Souls and the armed men. Both sides stared at it for a minute before tracing it back to it's source.

tumblr_inline_nomzfrB1o61shrb8p_500.gif

Look up to the skies and you could see him. The archer was crouched on the catwalks, another arrow already fitted and pulled taut. He was fitted in a tight green leather suit with a cloth hood pulled over the top. He crouched hidden in the darkness, a guardian angel for lost souls and a terror for those who would prey on the city.

He yelled one word in a gravelly voice, "Scatter!"

The arrow sunk deep into the ground exploded in a wave of sound and light, a concussion grenade that been fitted onto onto the back of an arrow shaft.

It would be a really good time for Lost Souls to get the hell out of there.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @Cromartie Sarkissian @FireDrake150 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @T.O.M. @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin @Kaykay
tumblr_nrk7xvqrQD1uve421o5_500.gif

The moment the swift twang of the arrow leaving the bow occurred, Scott flinched, pressing down upon the buttons on his gauntlets, starting the shrinking process. He had been prepared for hostility at the hands of the old man from the start, and was already ready to oppose his guards, yet this third party...he changed everything. That hoarse voice, the cloak of darkness and a bow...there was only one identity this guy could hold

"Hawkeye!"

Of course! The Avengers had to be involved in this somehow; finally, the cavalry was coming! Sooner or later, Captain America would come charging in, and the Hulk would burst through the wall like the Kool-ade man; everything would fall into place, and their mission would be over in no time!

Unless....

Unless the Avengers had come to take him in....

To take all of them in...

They were a peace keeping unit, of course, and what they were doing was not exactly legal. Furthermore, Scott may have accidentally assaulted one of their most effective units and robbed him afterwards, so it was unlikely that they would show him any kindness

"Oh, crap. It's Hawkeye"

There was no denying how screwed he was. Lang now had two choices; handing himself in to the Avengers, or handing himself into the elderly oddball that had just been hit by a grenade arrow...

Wait. Hawkeye does not use grenade arrows

Neither does he wear a green hood...

"Oh, wait. Maybe this isn't Hawkeye"

Well, that certainly reduced the odds of imminent death or capture. Finally making the conscious decision to flee from the shrapnel, Scott made a bee line towards this Bowman, hoping to take refuge in whichever crevice the man had fled from

Mobile Post Crap Post​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Oh, trust me Victor, we haven't seen the last of those Lost Souls. And if you're a good boy-I'll let you have first blood on Mr Crichton. So, if everyone's ready?"
[Skip to 0:40 on the Soundtrack]
It was time to get down to business. First stop, the armoury. Sloan would have to dress casually for this mission. Working undercover, his suit would suffice. However, he still took a bullet-proof vest, his compact wings, his 'Pixie-Dust' gloves, and one of his laser blasters. One could never be too careful. The Armoury was impressive indeed. Guns, laser blasters, tasers, energy blades, every possible form of defence and offence was covered in this silver-walled room. And best of all, The Team were free to take virtually any weapons they wanted.

Second stop, the Hangar. The Bannerman facility was lined with retinal scans-Sloan himself had to conduct at least 3 himself, followed by one voice-activated password, which was changed every couple of days. 'Halcyon.'
Unlike most days, the sun did not beat down upon them, but only because it was setting across the New Mexico desert, casting an orange haze across the sky. Sloan shielded his eyes out of instinct at first, but then led The Team around the side of the base to where their transport would be waiting.
latest

Said transport was stylish, but practical. Strong enough to hold even Cromartie's metal frame, and to withstand heavy firepower, without losing the speed necessary to reach the transaction on time.

"This is only to take us cross-state. We'll be landing in a private airfield, then taking a car the rest of the way."As The Team entered the plane, Sloan took his seat. "We're ready." As he said this, the plane took off-and from the passenger cabin, there was no way of seeing the pilot.
By the time they arrived at their mission, it would already be dark outside.

EPISODE 1: The Blood Line
The air was cold on that night in Brooklyn. The Warehouse building was fairly innocuous-it blended in with the streets. The perfect place for the famed gangster to transfer extradimensional weaponry. The Warehouse existed in a narrow line of closed-down shops, it's grey walls melting into age-old graffiti tags. The only thing open at this time was an old Fish and Chips shop across the road, it's neon-sign flickering.

From the Warehouse's doors, Victor and Loki would be able to hear a rabble of voices, with the loudest seemingly being part of an argument.
"I can't believe that he'd have the guts to be late, I'm not even sure he has the stuff." An American accent. Tense, authoritave. This man was used to getting what he wants.
"You have to be patient, Mr Marsden will deliver, he always has." A Russian accent, older than the American. Unusually relaxed.
"Come along Gentlemen, it's time to get acquainted with the enemy." said Sloan, brushing down the front of his suit. He shoved an image inducer into Kresnik's hand. "This should make you look a bit more....normal."

Pushing open the doors, the 3 of them would encounter a whole host of colourful characters, all converged in a circle. Two of them stood apart from the rest, right at the centre of the circle.
2bf2cc205376b418234cdc1e62ce0b9b.jpg
"Ah! More customers, welcome, welcome." Said the Russian. His tone was unnervingly friendly, as if he were hosting a Tea Party instead of a weapons transaction. "He will be here soon, he has the products, I have seen them."
"Since when were you and Marsden best buds?" said the American, pointing at his rival. He then looked at The Team.
bj-novak-the-office-amazing-spider-man-2-twitter.jpg

"And who are you supposed to be? I haven't seen you at any of the other sales."
@Gwazi Magnum @Thuro 116 Pendragon

---------------
Meanwhile, on the Western side of the building, the car pulled up silently. It's driver was a quiet bald man in a suit-undoubtedly one of The Organisation's 'Agents' similar to those that guarded the Box. It's occupants-Vaas Montenegro, Sylar, and Cromartie.

Outside, armed guards guarded the perimeter of the building-they looked surprisingly professional for Mob goons-if they didn't know better, The Team could assume that they were some kind of Police force or Security Detail. One of the Guards flicked on a torch and shone it down the street, waiting for their employer to arrive
How would they approach their task and find Marsden's suppliers?
@Cromartie Sarkissian @D.E.C. @FireDrake150

Outside, armed guards guarded the perimeter of the building-they looked surprisingly professional for Mob goons-if they didn't know better, The Team could assume that they were some kind of Police force or Security Detail. One of the Guards flicked on a torch and shone it down the street, waiting for their employer to arrive
How would they approach their task and find Marsden's suppliers?

Sylar was looking at staring at these men without even seeing them, his mind already working several steps ahead. They were weak, though it was possible they'd be armed with advanced technology. Then again, after what Silas had done to him in the science experiments, he was weak too. Almost all of his gifts had been taken from him, placed in exchange with an ability to temporarily copy the abilities of metahumans around him.

A shame he'd been placed with a robot and an ordinary, if crazy human. After staring at the guards for a minute, he turned and looked Vaas and Cromartie.

"I can 'see' their patrol pattern. If I can I'd rather not be shot. Machine?" He looked at the terminator, asking its opinion. He more or less ignored Vaas, he was out of his mind, and out of the realm of logic. The terminator was more like him than the human ever would be, and that's why he trusted him more.

@Mighty Roman @Dec @Cromartie Sarkissian

With a sinister grin Loki simply chuckled as they were brought to meet these confused executives. "I am called Loki, though certainly that's not a name any of you would have possibly heard of?" he said sarcastically before he gloated "And with me you have effectively five Avengers, seeing how it took six to have me take pause after all".

@Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Victor had taken his chance to upgrade his gear as soon as he was aware of was permissible. Afterward, he took the device he was given and watched as his appearance changed to be that of his former self, Ludger Kresnik. at Loki's outburst, he groans and steps on Loki's foot. "Please forgive my partner. he is exceptional at all BUT introductions. My name is Ludger Kresnik, and I am here because Spirius Corporation is interested in some of your bosses merchandise. So, What do you say? Shall we come in and talk business like gentlemen, or are you going to continue leaving us to stand in the doorway? " Victor does all he can to appear legitimately like a business man, but not once does he stop thinking about the goal of this encounter.

@Mighty Roman @Gwazi Magnum @Thuro 116 Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

(Izana's actions haven't been mentioned yet so I can't post with him again yet.)

Sylar was looking at staring at these men without even seeing them, his mind already working several steps ahead. They were weak, though it was possible they'd be armed with advanced technology. Then again, after what Silas had done to him in the science experiments, he was weak too. Almost all of his gifts had been taken from him, placed in exchange with an ability to temporarily copy the abilities of metahumans around him.

A shame he'd been placed with a robot and an ordinary, if crazy human. After staring at the guards for a minute, he turned and looked Vaas and Cromartie.

"I can 'see' their patrol pattern. If I can I'd rather not be shot. Machine?" He looked at the terminator, asking its opinion. He more or less ignored Vaas, he was out of his mind, and out of the realm of logic. The terminator was more like him than the human ever would be, and that's why he trusted him more.

@Mighty Roman @Dec @Cromartie Sarkissian
Cromartie shared no such sentiment. Of course, Sylar was without a doubt the most interesting specimen he had came across while working with Mr.Sloan; his brain chemistry was unique within its composition, and could easily provide key information regarding human evolution in the future. Yet, at the end of the day, he was still human, or at least, a close relative of the species, thus a little part of him still wished to see his downfall.

"Do not worry, Gabriel Gray. I shall acquire all the necessary information" Slowly turning his head towards the super-human, the T-888 left one final remark
Cromartie.JPG

"You are welcome to stay and guard the car"

Mere milliseconds later, the machine was in a full charge, marching towards the guards and their obsolete weapons. The moment he entered reaching distance, Cromartie grabbed one of them by his throat, raising him above his head like a rag doll. His grip was harder than iron, slowly closing tighter and tighter around the man
"Please drop your weapons. All of you" The T-888 did not even dignify the troops with anything more than a second glance "If you do not, this man shall die. He will only be the first, if your surrender is not approaching"

Turning towards his latest play thing with the same vacant expression he always bared, he muttered a statement in such a way that only he could hear it
"Give me your weapons, your clothes and your radio. Signal your men not to request back up."

All he needed to do was taunt the men a little more and they would be putty in his Coltan hands, ready for his molding. All the information he needed was right around the corner

@Thuro @Mighty Roman @Team 2.2

• Love
"Of course, of course! Come in!" said the Russian, beckoning the three of them into the warehouse. "I am Ivchenko, representative of Mr Marsden."
ag2.jpg
He is about to elaborate, but the American interrupts him.
"Oh no, I don't want my name on this." He puts a piece of gum in his mouth, then says. "Huh, Spirius, eh? Don't think I've heard of you guys before." He shrugs. "Seems I'm not the only corporate man here. Though I have heard of the Avengers." He points at Loki. "Like the comics, right?" He laughed. Who did this guy think he was?
Despite saying this, the American thought about 'Spirius' for a moment. He could've sworn that he'd heard of them somewhere before. He dismissed the thought. It couldn't be too important, right? After all, a man of his fortune would easily be able to outbid all contenders, right?
His train of thought, however, was interrupted by the sound of a truck pulling up outside, following by the clanking of metal.

"Boys!" said Gino Marsden. The gangster had his arms out, and was beaming at the oppourtunity to make a small fortune. He didn't seem to mind that he was selling alien weaponry to a bunch of corporate lunatics-after all, it was a day's pay for a day's work, and there was nothing wrong with that, right?
"Sorry, I'm late, guess I got caught in traffic. Still, better late than never, am I right?"
He's flanked by two bodyguards, twins, by the look of things, both bald, and in their mid-30s. They eye Marsden's customers with an air of distrust at best, and hatred at worst.
"Still, I'm here to deliver, so I'll cut to the chase. First up-"
8a2f8b860362cebe_OscarIssacAMVYss.xxxlarge.jpg
He points to the truck that has been parked outside. Two goons drag out a long crate and pull it open, raising the contents inside.
"Some kind of Gun turret, very powerful, cultivated at a Crime Scene near Peacetown. Eggheads reckon this thing can tear through Tanks with ease. Let's start the bidding at $500,000 US. 5000 grand, can I get a 550?"
Chattering amongst the crowd. The American raises his hand.
"How about 580?" Sloan raises his hand. He was proud of his operatives so far. Step 1: Infiltration was complete. Now for Step 2. He decided that for their first night out, it's be better to let The Team decide what the plan of attack was. So he turned on his heel to face his allies. "So, we're in, how'd you wanna play this? Take the van, hold 'em hostage, ask to see better stuff?"
@Gwazi Magnum @FireDrake150
--------------------------------------
Meanwhile, outside, the guards pointed their guns at Cromartie out of instinct, but none of them fired. No-one had had the brazen courage (however foolish that courage might prove to be) to threaten a guard surrounded by an armed entourage.
As for the guard who Cromartie was threatening, he cried out. "Y-yeah, sure man, t-take what you need!" He'd been at this game for a year or so now, but this was his first proper confrontation. And it really did show. He dropped his gun and thumbed helplessly for his Radio.

"What're you all waitin' for?!" called another guard. "He's just one guy-ice that joker!"
" 'Ice that Joker?' This is while you'll never be Captain, Ramirez, you're a joke!" said the guard closest to Cromartie. "Put him down, pal. Auction's round the back."
The standoff lasted a couple of seconds, until 'Ramirez' fired anyway, a bullet whizzing past Cromartie's hostage and straight into The Terminator's chest.

Meanwhile, across the street, on the roof of that Still-Open Fish and Chip shop, a man in a hoodie set up his rifle, pointing it silently at Sylar and Vaas. It'd be interesting to see how this one plays out, he thought.
@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian

• Love
Victor Smirks to Sloan. "Please. I cN handle a simple con like this. Let Victor the transdimentional Terrorist handle this one.

Holding his hands together, He approaches Marsden slowly. " C'mon Marsden, Is this really the best you can do? Maybe we were wrong bringing 'Spirius' Corp's interests here." Turning his back, He smirks a bit, Taking a few steps back towards Loki and Sloan.

That is, Assuming you HAVE better. A conjecture in which I place my Highest doubts."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/30/8c/b2308c913ef2d7fe62e6f736763f298b.jpg

@Mighty Roman @Gwazi Magnum

Sylar didn't turn his head. He didn't even know that gunman was there honestly. While he had a habit of figuring stuff out, he wasn't omnipotent, and couldn't see all aspects of the situation without information. And Sloan, better or worse (better for Cromartie, worse for Sylar), had sent them in here almost blind. So instead of reaching out and casually pulling the sniper off with a mere wave, he instead stepped forward and pointed a finger at Ramirez, waving it lazily to one side like he was bored. A red line would appear on his neck if Ramirez was susceptible telekinesis, spilling his lifeblood.

"Don't get me killed." Sylar snapped at Cromartie, a rebuke for taking this course of action.

@mobile post @Cromartie Sarkissian @Dec @Mighty Roman

Crichton has kept his mouth shut during the entire exchange, a sentiment shared by the entire squad. He had a tendency to escalate situations when he opened his mouth. For a minute it seemed like Scott was getting through to the elder man that had oh so kindly had his men hold him at gunpoint.

And then the old man decided he wanted to be a cranky ass. His hand was itching to reach down and pull his pulse pistol and go on the offensive, but that wasn't a good example, and was definitely the kind of behavior he wanted to teach Accelerator was okay.

Then the arrow sailed into view, blinding all present. Overwhelmed by the blast, John blinked the white spots out of his vision and noticed the archer bailing. He turned and disappeared into the equipment of the.... unfinished building? Crichton had been so preoccupied that he hadn't noticed the delightful architecture past the pointy end of the boom boom stick in his face.

Making a split second decision, John decided to leave the retreat to his second. Rapping the dragon scales firmly where he guessed its thickest muscle bunch was, he made the dragon drop him then Kirito. Turning to the young boy that the Organization had made into an Assassin, he ordered him to leave with the others. Protect the injured dragon, and keep him from getting in the way.

Then he sran after the mysterious man that had 'saved' them. While he'd gained a few esoteric abilities and some new fighting skills on Lordan, he hadn't exactly become batman. Agility was low on his attribute list, and so he crashed a lot as he followed behind the archer.

An arrow crashed a few feet in front of him, a warning shot. John didn't stop. A few feet later, another.

He could see him darting around up top, racing for the edge. John followed from the bottom, leaping over low hanging barriers and whatever was in his way. Up above the archer drew ahead, but then he made his grand mistake. He ran along a precarious set of railing that ran the length of the room. With his superior agility it wasn't a problem, unless someone were to fire a pulse blast into one of the supporting beams.

The railing fell, and the archer fell with it.

The archer was used to falling, and he rolled easily with the impact, coming up with an arrow knocked and released just as John crossed the distance between them and slammed his fist squarely into the archers jaw. The arrow flew into John's shoulder, a non fatal wound that would have disabled most men, at least one's that hadn't died hundreds of times.

John hadn't shot him because he wanted answers, but he wasn't going to stand around and let him stick him with an arrow either. Well, I mean, he kind of was apparently.

The archer recoiled slightly under the impact, he'd been hit a lot harder in his time, and swung his bow at Crichton in a tight curve that would knock him out cold. John leaned back, the tip of the bow pushing a rush of air over Crichton's face it was so close.

Crichton reached into his boot and pulled out a small ornate dagger, the kind you wouldn't see in this century, at the same time that the archer swept him off his feet. John landed hard, staring up at the shadowed face that had saved them a few minutes, then ran. He drew his bow tight and pointed the tip of an arrowhead between Crichton's eyes.

Crichton felt a rush of heat spread over his face. The Boss had taught him better than this. He had survived Lordan, he had to be able to save this. The others were counting on him and his Souls. John closed his eyes, and felt for the power inside of him. The one that the girl had taught him. Personal reality.

Energy crackled along his skin, focusing, building, growing. But before he had a chance to unleash it and end this, he heard footsteps approaching from behind the archer. Two sets, both of them light. Either a child or a woman. Or both.

The archer heard them too, knocking an arrow as he turned and shot an arrow....

Directly through the shin of Kirito.

The boy faltered, his leg doing terrible things as he fell. His cry of pain rang out threw the same air that Setsuna soared through, planting a kick that sent the archer soaring through the air to slam against the far wall, where he fell slumped to the ground, unconscious. His hood had fallen open, revealing a brown haired young man with a thin mask around his eyes.

John didn't care about any of that. One of his friends was hurt, and he would have ignored all the secrets of the universe before leaving him. Slipping his dagger back into his boot, he walked over and knelt down next to Kirito. John wasn't a doctor or a field medic even, but there was one thing he did know about these kind of wounds. They were going to have to leave the arrow in for now.

What a thing. Behind enemy lines, and no one they could trust. In that instant, the Wildcard knew what he had to do. The thing nobody would expect. While Setsuna watched, John drew his pulse pistol. There was only one thing left. He slammed the butt of it down on the agonized boy's head, giving him the mercy of unconsciousness.

Then he gathered him up in his arms, just the same way he would of if he and Aeryn, or Hera even, had had any kids. Then he turned and stared at Setsuna. She stared back at him with eyes that weren't empty, but had mostly been hollowed from a lifetime of absolute slavery.

char_22725.jpg

"Take Kirito, and run. Run as far away from Abraham and the Organization as you can."

A pause, one that usually took longer than her obligatory as you wish.

"No."

John would have been shocked, if he wasn't the one that had planted this seed of free will in her. Or Harvey more specifically. The AI was the devil, but he was John's devil.

"Setsuna." He wanted to place a hand on her shoulder. It had only been three weeks, but he was like her older brother. "What Silas put in your head could change everything. It has to stay safe, and I'd rather the kid stays safe too."

More silence. Now that she was starting to think for herself, it was taking a long time.

"As you wish." She said. It wasn't the sound of slavery, it was the sound of acquittal to a greater good, the only true form of freedom. There was one thing she didn't say however. The truth. I don't want to go.

Equally unspoken, I don't want you to go.

Then the two of them did what any soldier would. They took care of their own. She would double back later to retrieve the TDE from the Assassins, and the Lost Souls would find their own way out of the darkness.

Crichton.jpg

After they left, Crichton took a moment to process the loss of another one of his friends, then he pressed a button on the screen of his phone. It would call the rest of the Souls to him, wherever they had gone off to.

They had lost another soul.​

Izana yelped swiftly when Chrighton struck him, As expected dropping both parties. Rather than lie there moping like many vhildren would in this circumstance however, Izana forced himself to his feet, And followed Chrightons order to assemble, Albeit slowly due to the wound he had sustained and the weakness the strike to a muscle cluster had caused, But He obeys all the same. Once he arrives at Crighton's side, He looks up at the Human Lunatic-Astronaut and doesn't say a word. He had been trying to help, and all Chrighton had done in return is stick a provermial knife in his back. His Eyes reflected his disappointment, And his feelimgs of being Betrayed, While yet the zero stands there, by his side, Even after being struck, Abused, lectured, Told off, and all thr other events that had happened. If nothing else, The dragon had learned that he could not make it on his own with his limited worldly knowledge. However, More learning had taken place today, One such sign being his Seemingly Endless silence, where one may normally have expected him to start lecturing Chrighton. He had done what he thought was tight, Tried to help whom he could, And it had been the wrong Descision, so he payed the price for it with a day or twos worth of soreness. The only thing he at this point could hope for is that he had earned a little respect from those he had tried to protect.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. All IDK

Meanwhile, far away from the struggles of parting friends, an entirely different was playing out. Able, the son of Adam, was fighting with one of the forces of the devil against those that claimed to bring order to the universe. It was funny how life worked like that sometimes.

Lucifer and Abel. What a pair, They had been held in the Box formerly, being lucky enough to be transferred out to the SCP Foundation for some purpose or another, they hadn't been clear on that. When the Box had vanished under mysterious circumstances, they had been forced to hold onto them. Able was ranked as an A3 three prisoner, and Lucifer an A2, both of them too dangerous to hold in a standard containment facility.

Like all men forced to do something they hadn't wanted to do, the Foundation had become complacent, forgetting to activate the inhibitor in Lucifer's cell, and he had blasted his way out of it.

Able had broken out the old fashioned way, picking the lock to his cell with a piece of metal that he had salvaged during a lunch break. A guard quickly found himself unconscious.

A direct dash to the massive TDE built into the facility ensued. They had been able to overpower everyone on they're way to the facility so far, but they couldn't go anywhere with a heavy Organization presence. Pulling up the directory of available locations, they quickly found themselves locked out. At least, until Lucifer broke through the security. The full coordinate list opened up before them, and quickly they chose one. It was the first one marked off limits. A directory number was attached to it, but a unofficial name was marked in the margins for it. "Big Boss's world."

Below that was marked

Code:
Authorized Organization Personnel only. All violators will be killed on site.

Perfect.

A moment later, the blue light of a activated TDE flared up, and they were in another world. Actually several feet above it. [spoili]Apparently arcware doesn't work here either :|.[/spoili] They fell headlong towards it, not a problem for the winged Lucifer, but something of an issue for Able, unless he thought he could take it.

They touched down in the middle of the city, and were getting some odd looks. I mean, really, its not surprising. It's not everyday that you see a creepy purple haired kid and a heavily tatted man appear out of nowhere.

I mean, unless you go to New York.

There was a subway tunnel nearby. It would probably in they're best interest to hide in there.

@The Silver Paladin @Melon

• Thank You
Sylar didn't turn his head. He didn't even know that gunman was there honestly. While he had a habit of figuring stuff out, he wasn't omnipotent, and couldn't see all aspects of the situation without information. And Sloan, better or worse (better for Cromartie, worse for Sylar), had sent them in here almost blind. So instead of reaching out and casually pulling the sniper off with a mere wave, he instead stepped forward and pointed a finger at Ramirez, waving it lazily to one side like he was bored. A red line would appear on his neck if Ramirez was susceptible telekinesis, spilling his lifeblood.

"Don't get me killed." Sylar snapped at Cromartie, a rebuke for taking this course of action.

@mobile post @Cromartie Sarkissian @Dec @Mighty Roman
Victor Smirks to Sloan. "Please. I cN handle a simple con like this. Let Victor the transdimentional Terrorist handle this one.

Holding his hands together, He approaches Marsden slowly. " C'mon Marsden, Is this really the best you can do? Maybe we were wrong bringing 'Spirius' Corp's interests here." Turning his back, He smirks a bit, Taking a few steps back towards Loki and Sloan.

That is, Assuming you HAVE better. A conjecture in which I place my Highest doubts."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/30/8c/b2308c913ef2d7fe62e6f736763f298b.jpg

@Mighty Roman @Gwazi Magnum
Marsden froze for a minute before laughing. "I like you man, you got some real initiative right there. You wnat to cut to the chase? Here's the main attraction. Bring out 'The Source'.
One of the guards took down a metal cylinder down from the Truck. Said guard pulled on a thick pair of gloves, then pulled it down the ramp of the truck. He twisted open the top part of the lid, pulling out a smaller drawer, white smoke pouring out of the container as he did.

Two more guards pointed their guns at the case and the guard who was opening it. They were clearly afraid of the casket's contents. The case's final layer appeared to be a small case. Clicking it open, a small blue cube was revealed.
latest
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"I present to you, The Source. Not from Peacetown, but still a very powerful piece of tech. Imagine a piece of technology that can can alter DNA. Of course, this isn't the whole package-you'll need some of the hardware we're stocking, but just imagine being able to alter DNA to make people super fast, super strong-" he pointed at his guards. "Observe." One of his guards curled his hands into a fist, and smashed through one of the warehouse walls as if were paper.
"Of course the process is...unpredictable. We've ended up with a lot of mutants, and a lot of...corpses. But hey-"
he smiled.
"Who wants to rule the world, right? I don't want to rule, I just want to live in it. So, it's a matter of risk-reward. Fact is, we'd be better off getting rid of it. Who you use it on, of course, is up to you."
He could hear the rumbling of the crowd.

"Batteries not included. Let's start with $500 million US, who's in?"
The American stroked his chin.
"I'm up for that."
As the bidding war started up again, the Russian would walk towards Marsden. Marsden turned pale, then laughed nervously. "I know who they were. And I know what I'm doing."
-----------------------------
Ramirez collapsed, blood pouring from his neck, melting into the pavement. There was a sudden silence from the guards. These people couldn't posssibly be human! Now, most of the guard had met some people who were stronger than the average man-indeed, Marsden had dealings with them on a regular basis, but never up close, not like this. The Guard's leader cursed. One of them tried to run.
"Idiot." muttered the leader, and fired, killing the guard who tried to abandon them. Ramirez was an idiot too, but a good soldier-he didn't question orders, just followed them. He was just a mortal man. Unlike Marsden's private entourage. Strange folk, they were. Strong, but silent.
"Anyone else planning on leaving?" He stepped towards Cromartie. Somehow, the bullet had deflected off of Cromartie's chest. Of course, such weak firepower would hardly cause a problem for the Terminator. He stepped back, gun pointed. "What the hell are you?! How did you do that?"
Meanwhile, on the rooftop, the Sniper held his breath. He had to get their attention, and he had one shot at it. One bullet, right through the car window. He didn't want to hurt Sylar, not yet anyway. A warning shot, back seat.
He fired.

• Love

"Only a matter of time before I break out boys. You can't hold me in here forever."

When Lucifer had first told his captors this, they laughed. Those people were such idiots thinking they could contain the fallen angel Lucifer forever.

The people of the facility grew careless as time went on. One day they made the mistake of not activating Lucifer's inhibitor. Lucifer knew it was not activated because he felt the warmth of magic running back through his body.

"Oh hell yes," he said with a grin. His power wasn't as strong, but still strong enough to blast his way out of his cell without difficulty. He formed a gun with his hands, "Bang," he said as he released a fairly large bullet of energy from his index finger.

There was a loud boom, and debris sprayed everywhere. Smoke poured out his cell and into the corridor. Guards came running towards the sound, but they came to a halt when the smoke surrounded them. The began coughing and hacking while trying to see through the heavy dust and smoke.

"Tsk. What did I tell you silly humans."

A flash of purple came through the smoke, and went hurtling towards one of the guards.

"AGH" A guard shouted as the bullet pierced his chest, and he collapsed onto the ground, gurgling as blood streamed from his mouth. He was as good as dead.

The other guards watched in horror as their comrade fell, and Lucifer licked his lips. Their fear was beginning to fuel him, feeding him more energy.

"Now, let's end this show, why don't we?" Lucifer outstretched his arms, and aimed his hands towards the mass of guards huddled around. They still had no idea where he was. His hands began to glow bright purple, and he felt his hands growing hot.

"Heh."

Lucifer released all the energy in his hands, and watched as the missile-like energy sped towards his targets.

BOOM

The corridor shook as the missile hit its target. He watched as blood and guts sprayed across the walls.

Lucifer began walking past the now mangled bodies, not even the slightest bit disturbed.

He felt a hand grab the back of his leg and he spun around to see a guard was gripping his leg. The guard was missing his legs- Lucifer had blown them right off.

"Release your grip human and I may just show you mercy." He felt the man's grip loosen.

"Very well," Lucifer said, "I will show you mercy."

The guard assumed Lucifer was going to let him live....oh how wrong he was.

Lucifer placed a hand against the man's forehead. Heat began travelling to his hand, and he grinned.

tumblr_mp04oiHvvP1qjpzkwo4_250_zps2e916fe9.jpg

"C'est la vie"

The guard's head was gone within a split second. Lucifer had incinerated it, and Lucifer wiped his hands on his pants. He didn't want to be too bloody.

Lucifer continued walking down the corridor in a calm manner. He had no remorse for what he had just done.

Lucifer paused as he noticed one of the other cell's doors was open.

"Hmmm."

Lucifer walked a little further until he came across a tattooed man standing over an unconscious guard. "Well, well. Looks like someone else had the same idea I had." He grinned. If they worked together he could get out here much quicker. Lucifer wasn't big on working with others, but whatever got him out of here faster worked for him.

"So if you want to get out, I'd suggest we stick together." They walked a while, occasionally obliterating guards that got in their way, until they got to a set of secured doors.

"Oh no! Whatever shall I do now?" Lucifer feigned shock, and then giggled as he approached the pin pad. He cracked the code within a minute.

"Piece of a cake. Give me something more challenging next time, why don't ya?"

They came across several doors, all off-limits, but one caught his attention.
"Authorized Organization Personnel Only. All violators will be killed on site."
"Now there is where we need to go."
As they entered, there was a flash of light, and then Lucifer felt himself falling. Fast.​
Wings sprouted out of his back and he closed his eyes. Flying felt so good.​
Within seconds his feet touched the ground, and beside him the man named Able stood. He pondered for a moment wondering how he managed to hit the ground without dying, but he shrugged it off. Lucifer noticed people were staring, and felt his hand trembling. He was itching to gain more power, but he decided he would just do that later.​
They needed to find cover. A subway tunnel caught Lucifer's eye and he motioned for Able to follow him.​
"Let's hide here for now and then determine what we should do." Lucifer said once they were alone.​
Lucifer leaned against a wall and closed his eyes. He was finally free of his cell.​
What a day.​

@The Silver Paladin @Thuro 116 Pendragon @idkwhoelse

(Shitpost is shitpost)

• Nice Execution!
Marsden froze for a minute before laughing. "I like you man, you got some real initiative right there. You wnat to cut to the chase? Here's the main attraction. Bring out 'The Source'.
One of the guards took down a metal cylinder down from the Truck. Said guard pulled on a thick pair of gloves, then pulled it down the ramp of the truck. He twisted open the top part of the lid, pulling out a smaller drawer, white smoke pouring out of the container as he did.

Two more guards pointed their guns at the case and the guard who was opening it. They were clearly afraid of the casket's contents. The case's final layer appeared to be a small case. Clicking it open, a small blue cube was revealed.
latest
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

"I present to you, The Source. Not from Peacetown, but still a very powerful piece of tech. Imagine a piece of technology that can can alter DNA. Of course, this isn't the whole package-you'll need some of the hardware we're stocking, but just imagine being able to alter DNA to make people super fast, super strong-" he pointed at his guards. "Observe." One of his guards curled his hands into a fist, and smashed through one of the warehouse walls as if were paper.
"Of course the process is...unpredictable. We've ended up with a lot of mutants, and a lot of...corpses. But hey-"
he smiled.
"Who wants to rule the world, right? I don't want to rule, I just want to live in it. So, it's a matter of risk-reward. Fact is, we'd be better off getting rid of it. Who you use it on, of course, is up to you."
He could hear the rumbling of the crowd.

"Batteries not included. Let's start with $500 million US, who's in?"
The American stroked his chin.
"I'm up for that."
As the bidding war started up again, the Russian would walk towards Marsden. Marsden turned pale, then laughed nervously. "I know who they were. And I know what I'm doing."
-----------------------------
Ramirez collapsed, blood pouring from his neck, melting into the pavement. There was a sudden silence from the guards. These people couldn't posssibly be human! Now, most of the guard had met some people who were stronger than the average man-indeed, Marsden had dealings with them on a regular basis, but never up close, not like this. The Guard's leader cursed. One of them tried to run.
"Idiot." muttered the leader, and fired, killing the guard who tried to abandon them. Ramirez was an idiot too, but a good soldier-he didn't question orders, just followed them. He was just a mortal man. Unlike Marsden's private entourage. Strange folk, they were. Strong, but silent.
"Anyone else planning on leaving?" He stepped towards Cromartie. Somehow, the bullet had deflected off of Cromartie's chest. Of course, such weak firepower would hardly cause a problem for the Terminator. He stepped back, gun pointed. "What the hell are you?! How did you do that?"
Meanwhile, on the rooftop, the Sniper held his breath. He had to get their attention, and he had one shot at it. One bullet, right through the car window. He didn't want to hurt Sylar, not yet anyway. A warning shot, back seat.

He fired.
Cromartie's eyes fell down towards to the bullet wound on his chest.

Pathetic, just pathetic. These guards, these men, were fools to dare to challenge a machine with such a toy; against him, a handgun was nothing more than a slingshot. Reaching his free hand deep into his torso, the Terminator removed the shard of lead, crushing it between his fingers as he did so.

His eyes thinned, glaring back at the captain

"My name is Cromartie. Just Cromartie. Like Madonna"

1356839-cromartie.jpg

Tearing into the synthetic skin coating his leg, Cromartie revealed yet another concealed weapon, this time something unique. The revolver he had used to confront the metal gear and the augmented human 'Darth Vader' was both inaccurate and severely damaged, thus urging him to rethink his armory.

latest
He had first seen the gun sitting the experimental weapons section of the armory back at base. An automatic revolver, previously designed by the Russian organization 'Leviathan'. It did not matter how the T.E.A.M had acquired it, all that mattered to him was that it was that it was now in his possession.

Yes, he had brought far greater weapons with him in the car, but none were as fast as this, as precise as this; he did not want to ruin the men's uniforms after all. Extending his firearm up to the Captains forehead, he could only mutter a single phrase-

"I'm sorry, Captain, but your position has just been terminated"

The trigger was pulled, and the man was gone. A single bullet. Nice and clean.

The T-888 didn't even need to waste any more processing time on the guards; all he had to do was raise the weapon up to their average head height of the men and move his arm from left to right. Even a child could end those men.

"Gabriel Grey. Clean up these men." There was no point in him wasting his processing power on such an arbitrary task; that was the entire reason Skynet utilized human workers "And place this ones clothes upon yourself" The strangled man would be thrown towards the Meta-Human, barely breathing. "Kill him when you are finished"

Mobile Post
@Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon

After returning to wherever they'd been led off to and that explanation, Accelerator had basically just wandered off on his own. At least, eventually. He'd stuck around long enough to hear some complains thrown his way. Apparently his methods hadn't been fully approved by a certain Sith Lord. But the Esper wasn't in the mood for that kind of talk. With a single, simple annoyed click of his tongue, he'd simply leaned back and closed his eyes. Why'd he gotten himself into this mess? Maybe he shouldn't have let himself get locked up in the first place. As far as he was concerned, no force on earth could force him anywhere.

So eventually he'd wandered out.

Then he heard a signal.

What happened now? Whatever it was, he figured he might as well head back. And what a mess he came back to. Their new team and teammates were already falling apart. Heh, maybe that Vader guy or whatever was right. This team really was pathetic in its current state.

Well, that was fine. He'd just have to change that himself. Activating his collar to put himself into esper mode, Accelerator casually began walking out while everyone else was running. No rush. Nobody, nothing, could stand in his way.

"Let's get the fuck out of here, then."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @whoever else​

• Bucket of Rainbows
x240-ox0.jpg

Hei hadn't been with this 'team' for long and as such he didn't feel any sort of connection. He was also damn sure that if he was called 'Biri-Biri' one more time, his knife would have found itself stuck somewhere that Crichton likely wouldn't have enjoyed it to be. But for as long as he felt obligated to tag along with these people, he supposed the best thing to do was to play along. He had made clear his intentions that this was only an alliance of necessity. Once the team wore out it's usefulness to Hei, he'd have departed. He had his own scores to settle, none of which involved any of these people.

But as the signal came, Hei's stoic expression stayed as it had. He hadn't gotten much of a chance to show off his contractor abilities back when he first met the group. Likely for the better as it lead them to knowing as little about him as possible apart from his name which quite frankly was all Hei felt had to be told. That and that he'd been caught for 'being too good at what he did.' which was to murder anybody his superiors ordered him to take out. The last one just turned out to have a secret weapon Hei hadn't been expecting.

Noticing the white haired teen from earlier making his way forward in an almost menacing gait, Hei slightly smirked behind his mask. It seemed aside from the man in the black armor, Hei had found a similar thinking man among this group. Even if he was a bit more vocal than Hei. Letting the knife slip out from within his sleeve, Hei followed suit. Ready to take care of whoever got in his way.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Kaykay @anybody else this may concern

• Thank You
Sylar heard the glass shattering behind him, and once again he regretted the loss of his powers. Holding up his hands, he turned towards the source of the shot. Despite appearances, he was not surrendering. He was instead giving the sniper a chance to reevaluate his life choices, because his current path was going to lead to a very noticeable lack of one.
Sylar was a serial killer. There was no pretty way of dressing it. It was messy, tended to leave a lot of stains on his clothes, and generally caused a lot of screaming. But, on the other hand, he wasn't a slaughterer. Some people didn't need to die. Not unless they stood between him and making himself better, or tried to hurt him. He didn't know it, but he had three seconds to pack up and call it quits before the serial waved his fingers welcomingly and sent him crashing to his death far below on the unforgiving ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.