The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally applying:

Character Name: Kirigaya Kazuto (Goes by Kirito)

Universe of Origin: (Which series your character comes from): Sword Art Online

Why they've been imprisoned: Framed for: Murder (Supposedly murdered a player in SAO, never been proven.), Hacking into various security systems (Also unproven.) Stealing an experimental VR device. (Innocent of all the crimes, but framed.)

Short Character Biography:

Born on October 7, 2008, Kirigaya Kazuto was adopted by his aunt and uncle a year after his birth when his biological parents died in an accident. Raised by his foster parents as a son, he originally trained with his cousin in the neighborhood kendo dojo under their grandfather's tutelage. Due to his aunt's influence as an editor for a computer systems magazine, Kazuto fell in love with computers and dropped kendo after two years.
Kazuto has immense skill as a programmer, managing to build a computer from parts during elementary school, finding his erased records in the national registry at the age of ten, as well as managing to stop the SAO server from deleting Yui by converting her program into an object and storing her into his NerveGear as environmental data.
He currently lives at Kawagoe City in the Saitama prefecture with his family, adopted by his aunt and uncle after his parents died, though his uncle is often not around. He was raised as their son with his cousin as his sister. He was originally trained in kendo by his grandfather but had little interest in it, and as a result his sister began to cover for him.

Character Powers: Exceptional Speed, Great at Sword combat. A technological genius.

Appearance:

Profile Pic. Alternate (Probably my main):

3058419-kirito_2_sword_art_online_by_zerolshikumai-d5dj8gv1.png

I agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Last edited:
2998147-mass_effect_3___zaeed_massani_by_patryk_garrett-d3l6884.jpg

Character Name

Zaeed Massani

Universe of Origin: (Which series your character comes from):
Mass Effect

Why they've been imprisoned: (Good Guys can be framed for a crime they didn't do,etc)
(Note: For the sake of simplicity, I am gonna say that Zaeed never met Shepard for this RP)
Murder of many individuals, crashing a ship, murdering political officials, consorting with terrorists, ect.

Zaeed Massani is a feared, respected bounty hunter and mercenary soldier operating within the lawless Terminus Systems. Massani once headed the Blue Suns "private security outfit" along with his partner Vido Santiago, dealing in gun running, extortion, some arson, and "knocking heads that needed knocking." As the organization grew some of the Suns wanted to get involved in the batarian slave trade, and Zaeed vehemently disagreed. Like any other "civil organized body" they "respectfully discussed their differences and had a vote", resulting in Vido shooting Zaeed point-blank in the face. In his own words, he was "overruled."

Zaeed believed he was "adjusting just fine" to this new change, mainly because he spent his days drowning himself in alcohol. There was not a single day Zaeed wasn't thinking about revenge against Santiago, but Zaeed knew revenge comes with reputation, respect and generally being a "big goddamn hero". Zaeed quickly became a "bonified badass" with his skills and gained the aforementioned reputation and respect through crashing a Turian Hierarchy frigate, killing hundreds of Turians aboard and getting away with it. He was officially a big goddamn hero within the Terminus and turned his attention towards the planet Zorya; the headquarters of the Blue Suns.

Vido Santiago would have been dead by now...if Zaeed wasn't arrested on his way there.

Character Powers:

Carnage: Zaeed fires a flaming barrage from his beloved assault rifle, Jessie. Causes major collateral damage with nearby objects and enemies, and does extra damage towards armored enemies.

Concussive Shot: Zaeed fires a single, homing high-powered shot from his rifle. The shot homes in on targets and slams into them, piercing armor and knocking the target to the ground.

Inferno Grenade: Zaeed throws out his own homemade incendiary munitions, which explode in a bright fiery blast and spread flaming shards of shrapnel and flak over a large area, effectively melting any tightly-clustered foes. Does extra damage against armored enemies.

I agree to yer goddamn terms in conditions.

I have no idea where to drop in.

Character Name: Shade Lavender

Universe of Origin: --- (planet...earth? She's an OC.)

Why they've been imprisoned: "Radical criticism and disturbance of political issues and peace." (She went up against a communist party that had scr*wed her home's democracy over.)

Shade used to be a part of a small, underground organization which's biggest goal was to initiate a revolution in a country that had long forgotten the meaning of "democracy". The (fictional, obviously) country of Levon is one of those democracies that went sour when the wrong, right wing extremist party NSPL was elected with absolute majority into the parlament. Things went downward as they slowly centralized power, started to censor the internet, influence the education (teaching their own, racistic ideologies) and dismiss humanrights. Their ideology was that of darwinism. The people who were smart or strong enough to survive in the society somehow were good. Poor people, old people and those handicapped were excluded and even persecuted.

Shade, among with others of the Sunrise organization (the name has a symbolic background - it was meant for the sun to rise in the country again, its light blessing everyone with freedom) are former victims of the government that have been attempted to kill because of their superhuman abilities and their rebellious nature, insisting to think on their own.
After their escape they tried to bring change by publishing citicism about the government, starting protests, etc.. Shade was only 15 then. Sunrise had its followers, but it always took the encouragement of the core members and leader to keep going.

This worked for several years, and at some point they achieved the admissions of almost 20% of the entire people of Levon, but then the secret service found their hideout and turned everything upside down. A huge battle erupted, policemen and rebels dying in similar numbers. Shade killed her enemies brutally, taking down hundreds until they threatened her little brother, Eugene.
After seeing her friends, parents and thousands murdered in front of her own eyes, the girl finally backed off and surrendered to the NSPL at age 20. This way, the government shed mercy on her 2-years old brother Eugene and many other children of the (former) Sunrise followers that would have been killed.
She had managed to kill a good amount of policemen and soldiers and had had a leading position in Sunrise. To ensure that a girl as rebellious as her wouldn't cause a disturbance anymore, they put her in incarceration..

That's where she's been for a year now.

Character Powers:
Non-combat:
-
Eventhough Shade is not a brilliant speaker, her position as a Sunrise leader was given to her because she is an extremely gifted analyzer, organizer and strategist. She managed to plan more than 40 demonstrations and political pranks/stunts without getting her organization caught. It took them 5 years to grasp the core of Sunrise. However, the only reason they managed to do that was because Sunrise had a traitor in its rows. No prison other than the most secure one in the world could contain Shade for too long because she's brilliant at exploiting security and plotting ways to get past the law enforcements.

Combat:
- high reaction speed and moving speed which makes her a difficult opponent in close combat and also gives a challenge at shooting her from far. One of her abilities is that she can move at 1500 km/h temporarily (for 30 seconds before she needs a break of at least 5 minutes).
- the ability to heal her own and others' injuries/illnesses (restriction: only one heavy or five light injuries per hour)

Appearance:
ichigao_by_kr0npr1nz-d86yaq5.jpg

I've read and accepted dem rules. :D
Is this ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Well, Roman has the approval powers here, but I've been helping him with this for a while and I can say that this will more than likely be accepted. Your character is on the higher power level here, but that's ok cause Victor is an OP bastard that needs a rival.

@FireDrake150
@Mighty Roman

Reactions: FireDrake150
I kinda removed the second ability because I felt it would be too much. :D

Oh, well. We've got a guy that has ripped open the fabric of space-time to create a black hole before, but he was nerfed as well so I guess you're not far off.

Oh, well. We've got a guy that has ripped open the fabric of space-time to create a black hole before, but he was nerfed as well so I guess you're not far off.

... Ok, maybe I'll add it again. Compared to that, she wasn't so OP.
Mighty Roman did rate it with "love". Does that equal acceptance? :P

@Mighty Roman

Thank you! ^^
Ohh... it's already in the middle of the plot. At which point can I jump in?

PS: I'll add a second, minor ability to my character if you don't mind. The ability of healing (restricted to one heavy or four light injuries per hour).. may I?

Last edited by a moderator:
That second ability sounds good to me. I'm currently compiling a 'story so far' tab, but feel free to jump in at the recent update, and I'll post the plot recap in the General Discussion thread at Singularity. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Alrighty, I'll wait for that recap before entering the stage then :D

Assuming this is still accepting...

RailgunS_12_10.jpg

Character Name
Accelerator

Toaru Majutsu no Index

Why they've been imprisoned:
Murder of nearly 10,000 clones.

Accelerator is the number one among the seven level five espers of Academy City. Due to his overwhelming power he was the sole student in his power development classes. He was targeted by assassins and researchers his entire life. When he was 10, he accidentally harmed another child, which escalated into all of Academy City being pit against him. He eventually just gave up despite being able to easily win, and was eventually taken in by Kihara Amata, giving him his sadistic personality and control over his powers. He was part of an experiment to elevate him to the rumored level 6, but was stopped by Kamijo Touma, a boy with a right hand that could negate any powers, even the blessings of God himself. He suffered damage to his brain, but still managed to try to turn himself around for the greater good and further developed his powers, taking on other Level 5's and participating in World War 3.

Character Powers:

Vector Manipulation - Accelerator can control vectors, or anything with a direction and magnitude, that he is in contact with. Kinetic motion, electrical signals, heat, and such are all vectors. He typically has this set to reflect, deflecting all incoming unnecessary vectors. It works even against telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, and things like that, given that espers in his universe have those powers yet cannot harm him.

Electric Choker - Used to communicate with the Misaka Network. He needs this for basic motor functions. When activated, he can use his vector manipulation power. The battery currently runs up to 30 minutes when activated.

Wings - He can produce white wings from his back, which do his vector calculations for him. Their capacity is greater than even his brain before his accident. These greatly increase his power's ability and allow him to understand laws he doesn't know or understand. He no longer needs to touch vectors to manipulate them. He also does not need the Misaka Network in this state.

I agree to your terms & conditions.​

Last edited:
Assuming this is still accepting...

RailgunS_12_10.jpg

Character Name
Accelerator

Toaru Majutsu no Index

Why they've been imprisoned:
Murder of nearly 10,000 clones.

Accelerator is the number one among the seven level five espers of Academy City. Due to his overwhelming power he was the sole student in his power development classes. He was targeted by assassins and researches his entire life. When he was 10, he accidentally harmed another child, which escalated into all of Academy City being pit against him. He eventually just gave up despite being able to easily win, and was eventually taken in by Kihara Amata, giving him his sadistic personality and control over his powers. He was part of an experiment to elevate him to the rumored level 6, but was stopped by Kamijo Touma, a boy with a right hand that could negate any powers, even the blessings of God himself. He suffered damage to his brain, but still managed to try to turn himself around for the greater good and further developed his powers, taking on other Level 5's and participating in World War 3.

Character Powers:

Vector Manipulation - Accelerator can control vectors, or anything with a direction and magnitude, that he is in contact with. Kinetic motion, electrical signals, heat, and such are all vectors. He typically has this set to reflect, deflecting all incoming unnecessary vectors. It works even against telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, and things like that, given that espers in his universe have those powers yet cannot harm him.

Electric Choker - Used to communicate with the Misaka Network. He needs this for basic motor functions. When activated, he can use his vector manipulation power. The battery currently runs up to 30 minutes when activated.

Wings - He can produce white wings from his back, which do his vector calculations for him. Their capacity is greater than even his brain before his accident. These greatly increase his power's ability, allows him to understand laws he doesn't know or understand. He no longer needs to touch vectors to manipulate them. He also does not need the Misaka Network in this state.

I agree to your terms & conditions.​

I like it, and would accept it. But I'm not the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.